PDA

View Full Version : Sign up thread: Wanna get tutored by Namix & take others to school?

namix
01-24-2013, 08:02 PM
I know the responses I will get will range from 'excited for the opportunity' to 'gtfo' - doesn't matter.

Sign in if you want to be a part of my tutelage.

I will be taking on anywhere from 5-8 heads, and teach them everything I know, so they can combine it with what they know, and be better than me.

There will be a small competition - to gauge fundamentals and creative potential. I want upside more than anything else.

Every Socrates needs a Plato, and every one else can be putty in our hands.

woof.

PancakeBrah
01-24-2013, 08:04 PM
I wish I could spinkick your head off.

namix
01-24-2013, 08:04 PM
I wish I could spinkick your head off.

you wish

PancakeBrah
01-24-2013, 08:05 PM
yeah, that was inferred by the 'i wish' that started my sentence

PancakeBrah
01-24-2013, 08:06 PM
Do not get it twisted. I could physically spinkick your face off. 'I wish' because you are just some bk randy on the internet.

namix
01-24-2013, 08:09 PM
Do not get it twisted. I could physically spinkick your face off. 'I wish' because you are just some bk randy on the internet.

you = ?

PancakeBrah
01-24-2013, 08:09 PM
I'm Pancake, brah.

Who the fuck is you

namix
01-24-2013, 08:11 PM
I'm Pancake, brah.

Who the fuck is you

someone who would eat you for breakfast

PancakeBrah
01-24-2013, 08:12 PM
In what realm?

Text?

laughinggirls.jpeg

In my estimation, you are a faggot, sir. A blowhard type of faggot, the worst kind!

Note the exclamation point.

PancakeBrah
01-24-2013, 08:13 PM
Also;

Come at me bro

~RustyGunZ~
01-24-2013, 08:14 PM
sonned

Joe Metts
01-24-2013, 08:16 PM
Half the range of responses you predicted have been to right.

Malachi
01-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Im in

namix

Sharp
01-24-2013, 08:39 PM
Im really interested, pointers or whatever you'd offer

Malachi
01-24-2013, 08:40 PM
Sharp we should collab

trap.
01-24-2013, 08:47 PM
They aren't going to say it because they're a little shy but ask Bags and ill nik-a. They're really excited about the opportunity.

Feathers, ruffled.

Ghost1
01-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Id like to train with pancake bruh, tbc.

Strikta
01-24-2013, 09:18 PM
Namix PM me. I'm interested to see what u mean bro.

Split
01-24-2013, 09:23 PM
lol@ everything within this thread all at once

Maximus
01-25-2013, 12:50 AM
lol, im in man

namix
01-25-2013, 05:23 PM
Word up fellas.

It's about writing and creativity, you can take it or leave it. Vets, Semi-vets, Newbies - don't matter.

It's about a collaborative system for evolving one another's writing skills.

Cyphers, feedback, collaborations. Just for real heads. No egos, only growth.

We all have shit to learn from each other, and I'll put methodical effort into this.

In the end: most people are more "innately" good at this shit than I was. What I could do is come up with crazy concepts, and then I learned how to be effective enough in my wording to run through most heads, even with those crazy concepts. So if you can learn what I know, and apply it to your own skills, you can be better than me.

Simple as that. I wasn't naturally talented at this shit, I was just smart enough to look like i was, and I plan on teaching a small group of people that are interested how.

Malachi
01-26-2013, 01:33 AM
Lol when does this start homie

Masaii
01-26-2013, 05:32 AM
someone who would eat you for breakfast

http://killthehydra.com/wp-content/uploads/eat-pieces-of-shit-happy-gilmore-funny-movie.jpg

Witty
01-26-2013, 07:56 AM
I'll take advice from anyone, be it namix or the sibling of a cake in the pan....anyone ya heard?

Objective
01-26-2013, 08:28 AM
I'm in if there's a free spot. I join these forums to improve anyways. Doesn't hurt to try something new.

Strikta
01-26-2013, 10:16 AM
Namix is trolling us.

Sn00p
01-26-2013, 10:24 AM
Namix is trolling us.

i don't think so. go check the mod lounge

namix
01-26-2013, 10:51 AM
bro i still don't even really understand the concept of trolling lol...

this is dead serious. I am leaving this open for about a week longer, and then will send out the next steps to the group.

worst case scenario - I am one of the better feedback providers around, and will prioritize this group -- and encourage others in the group to give each other feedback as well.

everything else will be shared with the group directly --- but word, not trolling at all.

NOTE: if you're interested, please say so in this thread vs. PMs - just to keep the list centralized for my sake lol.

veritas
01-26-2013, 10:54 AM
Chrunchy dick mouse is in.

namix
01-26-2013, 11:02 AM
CURRENT LIST:
1- Malachi
2- Sharp Nine
3- Strikta
4- Rayge
5- Witty
6- Objective
7- c.d.m.

namix
01-26-2013, 11:04 AM
adding the ones from PM, but again, please just sign in in here from now on so I don't need to consolidate!

CURRENT LIST:
01- Malachi
02- Sharp Nine
03- Strikta
04- Rayge
05- Witty
06- Objective
07- c.d.m.
08- King Keith
09- Utmost
10- Boredom

namix
01-26-2013, 11:12 AM
i don't think so. go check the mod lounge

word, i made this thread in direct response to Sn00ps post re: ideas for a tutoring system....

i probably came at it the wrong way, this was meant to be altruistic.

Pancake: you have good flow and decent concepts, but I would be able to help you on your conceptual flow to make your wording more impactful. I also think you'd be able to offer some sound advice for other up-n-comers - you sure you do not want to participate? all jokes aside - but word, if you think you're too evolved for this concept then we can go back to hating lol.

Strikta
01-26-2013, 11:17 AM
Nam I'ma hit u back when I get to the comp later. I got the msg tho bro.

Mike Wrecka
01-26-2013, 11:48 AM
Namix goin all David Koresh and recruiting disciples to worship him

hahaha

namix
01-26-2013, 01:32 PM
Namix goin all David Koresh and recruiting disciples to worship him

hahaha

lol, i've long since outgrown the desire to be net-worshiped bro. I'm a good mentor - but am just as willing to learn as i am teach and to follow as i am lead.

really i was just the first to act on an idea that came up in the mod forum - but I will be methodical and organized with this shit. the success of this process will become obvious over time, but i will nonetheless measure it and refine it to make it, and us, better.

Joe Metts
01-26-2013, 02:29 PM
If namix has the desire to help people. More power to him.

Its a good thing.

Swerve
01-26-2013, 02:29 PM
How about I tutor you first Nam? Get you ready? ;)

namix
01-26-2013, 03:31 PM
lol - sure Patrick. less wordplay more flow?

i see very little 'good' imagery punches these days - wordplays about the same - but it looks like 'tying a couple personals to current events/modern references' does the trick for most heads lol.

Swerve
01-26-2013, 03:34 PM
Seems like it, I've switched my style up accordingly though. I'm ass in comparison to where I was though, or at least it feels like it.

Joe Metts
01-26-2013, 03:35 PM
Image punches are now looked down upon and called 'statement' punches.

When i first came came all i heard was that's statementish.

namix
01-26-2013, 03:59 PM
Seems like it, I've switched my style up accordingly though. I'm ass in comparison to where I was though, or at least it feels like it.

no doubt man, you were real nice, and frankly had a good balance of imagery/flow/raw punch/wordplay - always personal. always came off real angry too. lol

haven't seen your shit lately to be honest - can you point me to any decent ones? hey - maybe you're not where you were because tastes aren't where they were lol.

Word Metts - crazy. I never been huge into imagery anyway, but yea, it was like the #1 thing in the early 2000s.

No wonder PJK suffered when he tried to mount his comeback lol

PancakeBrah
01-26-2013, 04:27 PM
namix stfu ur a butch

namix
01-26-2013, 04:31 PM
namix stfu ur a butch

Swerve
01-26-2013, 04:43 PM
no doubt man, you were real nice, and frankly had a good balance of imagery/flow/raw punch/wordplay - always personal. always came off real angry too. lol

haven't seen your shit lately to be honest - can you point me to any decent ones? hey - maybe you're not where you were because tastes aren't where they were lol.

Word Metts - crazy. I never been huge into imagery anyway, but yea, it was like the #1 thing in the early 2000s.

No wonder PJK suffered when he tried to mount his comeback lol

I felt I was at my best creativity wise recently in the bad blood tourney, till Hush suckered me into a pic battle :P

Vs. Bags - http://www.netcees.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132178&highlight=Swerve+Bags

Vs. Bayou - http://www.netcees.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134190&highlight=Blue+Bayou+Swerve

dead man
01-26-2013, 04:51 PM
if i battled i would definitely exchange some words with you on the process..

i never read any of your old material but I'm assuming you've had much success in this realm

namix
01-26-2013, 05:03 PM
I felt I was at my best creativity wise recently in the bad blood tourney, till Hush suckered me into a pic battle :P

Vs. Bags - http://www.netcees.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132178&highlight=Swerve+Bags

Vs. Bayou - http://www.netcees.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134190&highlight=Blue+Bayou+Swerve

nice man, two solid wins. yea though dude, this doesn't read like your old style at all -- you had your own raw steeze back in the day, like a lot of 'fuck you' type of confidence that doesn't come out in those verses (or alot of verses these days tbh). you been so fucking creative in the past though dude, like off-the-wall creative OR perfectly point-blank and deliberately-dry punches that just hit.... i hear you on the 'adjusted to the times' though, but you did have a couple zingers there and they were definitely two good wins though for sure bro

Side bar --- It's amazing how MORE people talk shit than ever and have LESS to back it up. I just read a bunch of archives and was amazed to see how bad some of the biggest shit talkers are.... Like i just saw win records and read discussion board trolling-posts, and assumed they were strong creatively...

Literally, i went like 3 verses from 3 popular heads laughing 3 times due to how hilariously i overestimated their writing ability based on their shit talking. I talked so much shit back in the day, i just assumed they had actual creative writing talent to back it up, and i feel like a total ass for assuming that for about 6 mths of consistent boarding at netcees lol. WOW. Some douches are finna get REAL spanked in the not too distant future, at my leisure.

Swerve
01-26-2013, 05:19 PM
You're getting me hyped, haha.

Immaculate
01-27-2013, 01:01 AM
Im keen. Get at the box, homie.

King Ra.
01-27-2013, 01:12 AM
This is my confirmation.

namix
01-27-2013, 07:32 PM
CURRENT LIST:
01- Malachi
02- Sharp Nine
03- Strikta
04- Rayge
05- Witty
06- Objective
07- c.d.m.
08- King Keith
09- Utmost
10- Boredom
11- Mike Wrecka
12- Immaculate

I'm going to keep it open until next Friday. Then over the weekend I'll send out the details to this group on how we can help each-other evolve as writers, will look for your thoughts as well.

If possible - try to get at least one drop or battle going on AOB, so we have something relevant and recent to review/provide initial feedback on, and serve as a benchmark.

Witty
01-27-2013, 07:49 PM
Dropped the last piece I wrote in OM if you wanna take a look.

Would be appreciated.

Malachi
01-29-2013, 03:11 AM
Working on a collab bout to be dropped look out

namix
01-31-2013, 08:04 AM
FINAL CALL. Enrollment closes tomorrow, Friday (2/1).

A couple reminders regarding the "intent" of this cause...

MISSION RE-STATEMENT:

this is about "cross-training" - be prepared to learn & teach - drop & feed. Rest assured, this process will help me as a writer, teacher, AND student as much as anyone (if not more so).
Next steps: the final roll call, official next steps, ideas, etc. will come out this weekend.
Future Enrollment: we are only limiting the list for the time-being to establish a good rapport and rhythm within the initial group; but as skills and the process evolves, we can create a leverage model to ensure there is the right support structure in place and that this does not become "a list of names and nothing of more value than that".

CHAOS OUT OF ORDER:
all current participants who are ready to get rolling, consider doing the following in advance if so inclined:

Be ready to drop us your drops - most recent topical AND battle (and/or flex) - as long as you have done both.
Be ready to drop your backdrop - skill/evolution wise, a couple bullets on "where you were", "where you are now" (biggest strength AND opportunity)
What makes the best better than the rest? what makes a good writer in your opinion
Raising the bar for the ones we drop what is the SINGLE most important area you'd like to improve as a writer (creativity, wording, wordplay, imagery, wording without sacrificing flow/flowing without sacrificing wording, etc.......
What you plan to PUT IN and hope to be the OUT PUT? how do you think you will help be a solid supporter of this cause --- and what is the NUMBER ONE thing you hope to get out of this process?

In this, just as in life, you will get out of this what you put in. I WILL BE DOING THE ABOVE FOR MYSELF AS WELL. It is not busy work, it is a "benchmark" AND an initial "roadmap" for all of us as writers. If you are not willing to do the above, please do not hesitate to sign out - because I am going to put the time and effort into this to make sure we can measure our collective and individual growth throughout this process.

CURRENT ROLL CALL:
01- Malachi
02- Sharp Nine
03- Strikta
04- Rayge
05- Witty
06- Objective
07- c.d.m.
08- King Keith
09- Utmost
10- Boredom
11- Mike Wrecka
12- Immaculate

Looking forward to our inevitable successes.

namix
01-31-2013, 08:08 AM
PS - while I will be revisiting a couple recent drops from this group after we roll-out the plan this weekend --- for any current team members who have some time, please do start to check each others work out!

I know that Boredom dropped a banger recently - and it sounds like Witty has an OM going as well. So take the time to start supporting one another ya'll.

give an ye' shall receive lol. :cool:

Split
01-31-2013, 08:22 AM
I'm kind of interested in this tbh.

Orc
01-31-2013, 09:40 AM
good shit

Sharp
01-31-2013, 10:11 AM
Ive been really busy with college, but I hapened to keep all my old battles in a notepad doc. Tryin to get both done tonight. If i cant, it cool if I throw up a flex throw up a flex and use the recent battles?

Plot
01-31-2013, 10:32 AM
I'll have a go

Split
01-31-2013, 10:35 AM
i wanna do topicals tho

anime_boners
01-31-2013, 11:11 AM
hello namix

I am future-namix

I (future you) climbed through a time-space vortex in your (my old) "deep thoughts on life" blog. It was a post about time space continuums or some stupid shit that you (old me) wrote about.

While I am here in your (my old) time, I (future you) figured I (future you) should give you (old me) a message from the future:

This tutelage idea ends up being exactly as stupid as it sounds, and it fails miserably.

PS: in retrospect I (future you) have thought of at least 900 different, more productive things you (old me) could have done, opposed to operating "loopholes on life" <<< we (old and future you both) think this is a stupid name btw, you (old me) just don't know it yet.

Mike Wrecka
01-31-2013, 11:11 AM
i wanna do topicals tho

ya split i mean i think topicals are gonna be a huge part of this. helping people with battles is something i will never participate in.

this is mainly about writing. getting consistent and honest feedback on your work. and doing the same for other members. I hate working on a verse for the OM and getting two responses. if you like it, tell me. if you hate it, let me know. either way drop feed. this should provide a steady stream of feed back for the members.

Split
01-31-2013, 11:15 AM
ya split i mean i think topicals are gonna be a huge part of this. helping people with battles is something i will never participate in.

this is mainly about writing. getting consistent and honest feedback on your work. and doing the same for other members. I hate working on a verse for the OM and getting two responses. if you like it, tell me. if you hate it, let me know. either way drop feed. this should provide a steady stream of feed back for the members.

exactly. id take half a comment over nada

namix
01-31-2013, 12:35 PM
word up fellas - yea Split & Mike Wrecka - it's perfectly cool to 'only be a topical' head.

I do not battle much anymore, at first it was solely because I appreciated the art of topicals MORE than battling. Now it is also due to the fact that I accidentally wasted my time reading some archived work by the biggest 'battle' shit-talkers of today, and to my dismay, they were hilariously poor writers. I even tried to tell myself "maybe it's just style differences", and read on...

But before i could entertain that shadow of a doubt, the shadow of a doubt got bored and ran back into the shadow of battle-heads from a decade ago which most of these modern 'battlers' are still living in today.

Pardon the tirade - but absolutely, topical-only is cool, even battle-only is cool BUT it would be surprising not to see them expand their horizons down the line.

nice shit fellas, looking forward to this.

Orc
01-31-2013, 12:36 PM
please elaborate on who are hilariously poor writers

Jah Homie
01-31-2013, 12:37 PM
im gamble

namix
01-31-2013, 12:40 PM
please elaborate on who are hilariously poor writers

no need for me to cast stones until i'm in a position to rock 'em homeslice

Orc
01-31-2013, 12:43 PM
just an outlandish statement to make, and seemingly out of character too

namix
01-31-2013, 01:09 PM
just an outlandish statement to make, and seemingly out of character too

i feel you man - I will retract the "hilariously poor writing", that was a short-sighted way to put it. good looks.

to be more clear, what shocked me was the "skill-to-ego" ratio.... i just assumed a handful of dudes were really dope for months and months based almost entirely on their shit talking on the discussion board.

and in fairness - i think it's the general trend on the net to shit-talk more. since it was the ratio that surprised me - it could have just as much to do with the culture of shit-talking increases as it was anything else.

But word - the way certain heads talk - just expected a little more creativity and/or polish in their works.

So in the end, I was the one being ignorant, life always has a way of reminding people why assuming begins with an ass lol.

again, good looks - didn't mean to come off QUITE as harsh as i sounded..... BUT, I'm still being 100% sincere and less subjective than some people might think.

feel me Orc?

Orc
01-31-2013, 01:16 PM
i feel you. discussion board on NC's was always a circle jerk tho which was why i didn't really enjoy it. more of a popularity struggle for people vying to be funny and fit in.

randum
01-31-2013, 04:02 PM
I'm very interested in this..... what's up?

sponge'd

namix
01-31-2013, 05:45 PM
I'm very interested in this..... what's up?

sponge'd

wassup brothaman - glad ya made it on here and in this!

and no doubt Orc! thats exactly what i'll go out on fire trying to prevent, even if i lose a hundred matches tryna keep that spark. with enough illness, those popularity votes suddenly disappear...

it was crazy the shit some of us 'b-boys' had to spit to earn some clout and win at RM - but that same shit can either drive us to quit or flow even more sick in the end..... different heads came out on both sides of the equation back then lol - but word, i think we can turn it around at AOB for pawtna.

voidformula
01-31-2013, 05:49 PM
I'm always down to learn more, I'll join up if you still have room

Rawn M.D.
02-01-2013, 03:33 AM
Namix im down to kick convo and cyph n sht...

Tutor wise i unno, im kinda developed in that area; however I feel if u treat it socatically then u would school me just as much as i have the potential to school you...so its more symbiotic. I can get down w that too....]

namix
02-03-2013, 07:19 AM
Namix im down to kick convo and cyph n sht...

Tutor wise i unno, im kinda developed in that area; however I feel if u treat it socatically then u would school me just as much as i have the potential to school you...so its more symbiotic. I can get down w that too....]
Rawn MacDon, first, I effin love the usage of "symbiotic", and particularly in context of this topic. Absolutely bro - ya'll will see that while I am taking a charge to get things going, I am just as ready to be charged up myself. I'm just lookin to establish a foundation for the entire team to build on and grow from --- and the long-term success of this HINGES on how things look if not around.

Like the mantra of the hax0r group Anonymous, a body which exists without a head is much harder to destroy than another which relies on one.

Honestly man, whether it sounds corny or not, the most important thing I've ever learned was to use EVERYTHING as a learning opportunity. Ego, while the fire it produces can be beneficial for swagger when redirected appropriately, is only good for STIFLING growth.

I've made two mistakes in this thread already, and if I could go back I actually would have worded my initial post VERY differently --- made it come across like I was more interested in asserting myself than creating a culture of growth. I "over-corrected" to the shit-talk we've all become so accustomed to from Netcees...lol... Fortunately we've gotten enough interest, and enough heads like you raised points to help me clarify, that we're in a good position to have a great impact on this site and on eachother.

And in the spirit of the 'program' itself, look to everyone involved to provide clear and direct feedback for us to improve the program which is designed to improve the writers in it.

So again, great point - absolutely a socratic environment. The best teachers never cease being a student -- this is just as much about my personal growth as it is my desire to help set the stage for others. I look forward to learning from the vets, semi-vets AND newbies alike (who are sometimes in a better position to teach us something new than those who have been in the box for a minute). Frankly, I learn even more from my 2 year old son than I do most adults I met at this point, sincerely.

But word up, I look forward to learn and grow from you and everyone else in it --- it would be a waste of potential not to. I also look forward to others learning and growing each other, if I am anything more than a "willing contributor and excited participant", than I will eventually become nothing more than a bottleneck.

This environment will be symbiotic in nature just as the best environments in nature themselves. :cool:

Sharp
02-03-2013, 04:07 PM
Seems like your inbox is full namix. Just thought I'd say I appreciated the pregame speech lol, and you're right about this helping, I felt really motivated to put out a good verse. Just a shame I got the message around 12 hours after I dropped, hopefully I had my fill though.

namix
02-03-2013, 10:19 PM
Seems like your inbox is full namix. Just thought I'd say I appreciated the pregame speech lol, and you're right about this helping, I felt really motivated to put out a good verse. Just a shame I got the message around 12 hours after I dropped, hopefully I had my fill though.

lol word up brother, nice!

good looks on the inbox, i just cleared it

Rawn M.D.
02-04-2013, 02:51 AM
Word, well u already know where I stand...I'm down...and tbh, with hiphop writing aside u and I and a few others can have very intellectually stimulating discussions as well...as we have brushed the surface of before...but yeah man im down. Just holla whenever, and if u got AIM ill shoot my handle over...and another thing that i just got out of ur last post...

it sounds like by engaging ourselves in a manner that u described, is like attempting to access what Hagel coined 'the Geist' (translates roughly to 'ghost' but the actual concept is a lot larger then just a ghost LOL)....a collective consciousness, one that can only be attained by exactly what we are discussing. The whole philosophy behind it is very intriguing, and I figured i'd 'name drop' (really concept drop lol) because I feel that is at the heart of what u are getting at...and also am semi-curious if ur familiar with the concept.
Anyways, holla back.

Anonymous
02-04-2013, 03:13 AM
I am absolutely shattered I missed this. I didn't even see the thread lol.
If you ever do something like this again, or feel like mentoring me, I'l join.

Matriarch
02-04-2013, 04:25 AM
^^ what he said!

:(

namix
02-04-2013, 11:31 PM
Word, well u already know where I stand...I'm down...and tbh, with hiphop writing aside u and I and a few others can have very intellectually stimulating discussions as well...as we have brushed the surface of before...but yeah man im down. Just holla whenever, and if u got AIM ill shoot my handle over...and another thing that i just got out of ur last post...

it sounds like by engaging ourselves in a manner that u described, is like attempting to access what Hagel coined 'the Geist' (translates roughly to 'ghost' but the actual concept is a lot larger then just a ghost LOL)....a collective consciousness, one that can only be attained by exactly what we are discussing. The whole philosophy behind it is very intriguing, and I figured i'd 'name drop' (really concept drop lol) because I feel that is at the heart of what u are getting at...and also am semi-curious if ur familiar with the concept.
Anyways, holla back.

lol, "hell yea" for a couple of reason.

You're the third person who as asked me if I was familiar with the concept in the last 3 or so months -- but to be honest (and to their surprise), I really do not know much more about it than what you and they have surmised.

I am intuitively aware in the absolute truth of collective consciousness, however. If we allow ourselves to see from ANY perspective outside of ourselves, it is clear in everything from science to history to faith & spiritual doctrines. Even in nature - or our own experiences in life - from the empathy of children to the opposite effect money has at it drives us toward materialism and "individualism"...

The collective consciousness is a macrocosm of the infinite microcosms we see in our lives, from the consciousness of a family, to a city, to a society --- yet, the collective consciousness is always more whole when the individuals which make it up "rely on the whole" more than they do "survive on the parts' --- just as a remote native tribe strives for the good of their whole versus striving to individuate, make money so they can avoid relying on others.... then when the money's gone, the individual is left no tribe.

To me, the differences between a society built on capitalism verses the consciousness of a native tribe is analogous over-reliance on the ego vs. the ability to tap into the very collective consciousness you describe.

Love these topics - if you have a good read on the geist subject that you think i should check out man, definitely hollar at me. Otherwise, the philosophizing has already helped us further cross-train each other in ways that include, but are not limited to, creative writing :cool: