PDA

View Full Version : ITT: Ask a multiple time topical champion anything, and I'll answer honestly.

Baron Mynd
03-29-2014, 05:23 PM
tips/advice/top ten?

anything you can think of

CtrlF4
03-29-2014, 05:24 PM
Nm

Certain
03-29-2014, 05:24 PM
Other than white, what color socks do you most commonly wear?

Baron Mynd
03-29-2014, 05:26 PM
how many days did you spend alone this week?
None.

I live with my fiancé, bruh.

Strikta
03-29-2014, 05:26 PM
Who are ur top 5 favorite active text battlers?

trap
03-29-2014, 05:28 PM
Does your misses battle? If so there should be a 2v2 set up against Mos Prob / Rapunzel.

CtrlF4
03-29-2014, 05:28 PM
How many times have you lost a battle that YOU felt you lost?

Baron Mynd
03-29-2014, 05:29 PM
Other than white, what color socks do you most commonly wear?

lmao I think every pair I have are black tbh

Vulgar
03-29-2014, 05:29 PM
What are your best memories of Rapflava?

Certain
03-29-2014, 05:30 PM
What's your favorite condiment?

Bacon does not count in this instance.

Baron Mynd
03-29-2014, 05:32 PM
Who are ur top 5 favorite active text battlers?

There aren't many active ones, and I don't follow text anywhere near like I did at one point.

I think nik-A for his consistency and staying relevant, Karaoke beasted in the few I read, Neighbor always has something I like, Allen Knight dropped dope in a few I'd read most recently, Strikt vs Dominate was illy and I gave you props saying so but then you let me down the next round... Bags always lulzy with it... Cronus has good wording despite him being a complete faggot on occasion.

I don't read anywhere near enough though for my opinion to matter.

Baron Mynd
03-29-2014, 05:33 PM
Does your misses battle? If so there should be a 2v2 set up against Mos Prob / Rapunzel.

LOL she doesn't, hiphop groupies are the worst imho haha!

Mike Wrecka
03-29-2014, 05:33 PM
r u freshadiddle

Baron Mynd
03-29-2014, 05:37 PM
How many times have you lost a battle that YOU felt you lost?

I tend to think it goes in swings and roundabouts, you win some close ones you should probably have lost and then you lose close ones you maybe should have won. I've lost some and at the time felt wronged, but when I've read or watched them back, I've maybe seen why it could have gone the other way.

Hindsight is like that.

I'm super-competitive, though, and I feel like a lot of us here are. In text, there's not much between the mids and top-tiers and everyones capable of winning on a particular day.

I lost a lot when I was younger, 13-14, once I got good I'd say it was low double-figures.

Baron Mynd
03-29-2014, 05:39 PM
What are your best memories of Rapflava?

LOL

I wasn't amazingly active or anything, I hardly fucked with their disc board tbh, it was mainly the Open Mic with Darth Yoda and Exis etc

but the whole Pembroke thing blew my mind, I had no idea, had been a fan of both aliases for months if not years before it all came out haha!

Baron Mynd
03-29-2014, 05:40 PM
What's your favorite condiment?

Bacon does not count in this instance.

Honey mustard. It has to be eaten within 4 weeks of opening, though. Only downside.

Baron Mynd
03-29-2014, 05:41 PM
r u freshadiddle

I'm not freshadiddle.

Certain
03-29-2014, 05:43 PM
Do you prefer body wash or bar soap?

PancakeBrah
03-29-2014, 05:43 PM
top 10 favorite threads by masaii?

veritas
03-29-2014, 05:44 PM
What should I do to improve my writing skills?

Baron Mynd
03-29-2014, 05:44 PM
Do you prefer body wash or bar soap?

Body wash.

Baron Mynd
03-29-2014, 05:48 PM
top 10 favorite threads by masaii?

lmao I couldn't think of ten off hand, but Masaii has his moments, the chicken shop challenge, him posting a stack that turned out to be his holiday fund, countless roasts, his beard, his thread about having to clean up a toilet after some obese woman shit herself, one thread about his job as a bouncer where he had to watch over a teenage disco, he had some other thread about a colleague at his work he tried to cover for and it came back to bite him in the ass and he had a fall out with his boss, the split eight one was a view catcher too

endless roasts and his valentines day massaiicre

dude is ingrained in NC folklore for them shits haha!

Baron Mynd
03-29-2014, 05:51 PM
What should I do to improve my writing skills?

I think the tiger in the cell thing was a dope topic for someone like you, where you could play to your strengths in the psychiatry field and made it about the tiger watching the people. It was a good take, just not executed to potential.

Shorten your lines up, it will make the flow better, use less syllables per line but try to tighten up mechanically with more multies, that will improve your flow too. I tend to feel like you're rushing towards a close with your pieces rather than filling them out, take more care with the writing, keep it concise. You did good in your battle vs Split/sharp (I forget which one off hand, no troll.)

veritas
03-29-2014, 05:53 PM
Ok thank you. One more question..

What would you call it when someone in a group farts and everyone knows then another person silently squeaks one out while the first one still lingers?

Baron Mynd
03-29-2014, 06:57 PM
Good timing?

TYSON
03-29-2014, 07:08 PM
Do u really think i fondle kids?

oats
03-29-2014, 07:21 PM
What verse/bar/idea have you seen from someone else that made you wish you wrote it first?

THE REAL CAPTAIN OBVIOUS
03-29-2014, 08:01 PM

Frank
03-29-2014, 08:28 PM
Redirect any questions you may have towards Frank

Baron Mynd
03-29-2014, 09:18 PM

Honestly, no.

But for the duration you're on NC's, yes.

Baron Mynd
03-29-2014, 09:26 PM
What verse/bar/idea have you seen from someone else that made you wish you wrote it first?

There have been plenty over the years, in a topical sense... Rikoshay's graffiti artist/vandal blew my mind the first time I read it. It was years ahead of other writers at the time IMHO. The type of verse that would made me re-think how I wrote entirely, practice rhyme schemes, multi-strings and mechanics until I could pull off something within reach of it.

Sordswinga's verse that started 'My father should have kept his semen stored, since his departures was premature what's he breeding for?' etc was another one in that sense, for me personally, a really early influence on how I would later write.

In a different sense, Jook had a verse about Jesus being Bin Laden that I felt was dope, you would need to read it to appreciate it fully.

Vern Acular had one about us being Gods ant farm that I'd actually a similar idea around the time but I'd never developed, after he wrote it I kind of gave up on it, that might be something to go back to actually.

I don't tend to remember whole bars, but 'you're not one in a million just because you're followed by zeros' and 'barrel under your neck like a saint bernard' are dope. 'Lets talk about my win percentage, since you brought it up' there's been a lot of ill ones over the years. Too many in a battle sense.

oats
03-29-2014, 09:37 PM
Have you ever considered authoring a history of online textceeing?

When will you sign in to the Aowl?

What is your usual and/or ideal breakfast?

Baron Mynd
03-29-2014, 09:49 PM
Nah, I don't have the time or dedication for something like that, Richard Corey did tried something along those lines years ago.

I've a live battle next weekend, so probably some time after that.

I'm vegetarian and end up taking breakfast to work so its usually either cheese and salad sandwiches, some ground black pepper thrown on, honey mustard? If not then some quorn meats, ham/chicken etc and a lot of fruit, oranges, bananas, pears, apples

I had eggs this morning through.

Bender
03-29-2014, 10:14 PM
How does it feel being so british that most Americans can't understand a word you say when you battle ?

Bender
03-29-2014, 10:14 PM
When is the last time you saw your prick ?

Masaii
03-29-2014, 10:17 PM
I just want to say your memory of my threads is severely distorted bruh.

Baron Mynd
03-30-2014, 05:22 AM
How does it feel being so british that most Americans can't understand a word you say when you battle ?

LOL

I don't think it's a British thing entirely, I'm from the Midlands here and my accents quite broad, so it's understandable.

I had trouble understanding my dude Sal-V from Winsconsin at times.

Baron Mynd
03-30-2014, 05:22 AM
When is the last time you saw your prick ?

I just took a piss this morning, bruh.

big baby
03-30-2014, 09:24 AM
do u like me?

do u think El Pancake is better than Certain in writing? give me something concise but well thought out

do u think oats is better than Vulgar as a person

give me a powerranking of overall netcees 1-5

big baby
03-30-2014, 09:24 AM
they more like demands rather than questions but fuck u

Baron Mynd
03-30-2014, 11:44 AM
do u like me?

do u think El Pancake is better than Certain in writing? give me something concise but well thought out

do u think oats is better than Vulgar as a person

give me a powerranking of overall netcees 1-5

I like you, you're a decent disc boarder and a good writer when you apply yourself, I think you suffer from a lack of concentration and your interest can wain, but I'm guilty of that on occasion. I tend to write better when I've a better opponent. I wrote my round for Objective in a couple of hours, tops. I don't seem to push myself as hard against opponents I feel I can and should beat, rather than just going in for the kill, that's a fault I think we both share.

Personally, I prefer Certain to El Pancake, call it style preference or whatever but Certain has a refined game to how he formats his verses - and that shows to me. His wordings crisp, his imagery is formidable, he can match anyone as far as rhyme scheme and mechanics, he has shown he can convey emotion to great effect and his dialogue use is another strong point. I'm not all that familiar with Dan's work, Pancake is good, but Certain is top ten all time on a lot of peoples lists. Probably up there in mine too if I had to call it.

Oats is crew, Vulgar is a roast thread veteran. It depends more on which type of person you are, I think. Personally I'm an asshole so Vulgar gets my nod.

I'd give you a solid 3 or a 4.

PancakeBrah
03-30-2014, 11:48 AM
bb trying to cause a rift in me and Certain's e-friendship.

so silly bb.

I respect Lars' opinion but I'm a rock star.

oats
03-30-2014, 01:33 PM
Lars next time you log on fb you will have one less friend :(

Witty
03-30-2014, 02:18 PM
Is my super dope swaggy flow the swaggiest there is?

Bender
03-30-2014, 02:20 PM
What do people do for fun in Wolverhampton ?

Do you pre-write your battles ?

What kind of car do you drive?

Sicc
03-30-2014, 07:13 PM
What happened to your "Lars" account?

Baron Mynd
03-31-2014, 02:50 AM
Is my super dope swaggy flow the swaggiest there is?

I taught you. I'm first, you're second. :)

Baron Mynd
03-31-2014, 02:54 AM
What do people do for fun in Wolverhampton ?

Do you pre-write your battles ?

What kind of car do you drive?

The goth kids stand around a giant horse statue awaiting a zombie apocalypse.

I pre-write for live battles, I like to leave room for rebuttals and w/e though.

I don't drive.

Baron Mynd
03-31-2014, 02:55 AM
What happened to your "Lars" account?

No idea.

Fig
03-31-2014, 03:01 AM
Have you ever read anything by me ever

And if you did, what should I do better

Wise Wiggles
03-31-2014, 03:07 AM
What's the longest you have ever gone with out pen 15

?

Baron Mynd
03-31-2014, 06:06 AM
Have you ever read anything by me ever

And if you did, what should I do better

I honestly don't think I have, post something and make me proud.

Baron Mynd
03-31-2014, 06:07 AM
What's the longest you have ever gone with out pen 15

?

You should have saved that one for a troll crew thread here. ;)

I see you.

Sicc
03-31-2014, 07:21 AM
Have you ever let your wifey milk your prostate?

Hush
03-31-2014, 07:40 AM
Why do u recycle the same threads every so often

Baron Mynd
03-31-2014, 07:43 AM
Have you ever let your wifey milk your prostate?

Is that even possible?

Sicc
03-31-2014, 07:46 AM
Ever see the movie road trip? Lol.

Baron Mynd
03-31-2014, 07:49 AM
Why do u recycle the same threads every so often

Boredom mostly.

Fig
03-31-2014, 10:35 AM
I honestly don't think I have, post something and make me proud.

http://www.netcees.co/showthread.php?p=88506

Baron Mynd
03-31-2014, 11:37 AM
"Vocab" was thrown around far too much in that thread. I felt it was over done, personally, as @oXus stated. Less is more. You could have said a lot of that in much simpler terms. It seemed like you were overreaching, trying to come across as more intelligent than you were. I wholly don't go for that, in alienates people to a certain extent, when you could just take a universal 'thing' like a feeling that everyone could relate to and put it across simply so everyone got it on some level. I'm not saying dumb it down, i'm saying let it come more naturally to you. I, personally again, don't tend to use many -tion or -ing rhymes as I just feel those are cheap and easy to do. I won't not use them to prove a point, but I use them very sparingly. If you read through my verses you'll see that. I might on occasion as an internal rhyme, but very rarely as an external one. I actually preferred the second verse to the first, it read real Talent-esque.

Good looks.

Fig
03-31-2014, 11:40 AM
thanks brah

Sicc
03-31-2014, 11:40 AM
"Vocab" was thrown around far too much in that thread. I felt it was over done, personally, as @oXus stated. Less is more. You could have said a lot of that in much simpler terms. It seemed like you were overreaching, trying to come across as more intelligent than you were. I wholly don't go for that, in alienates people to a certain extent, when you could just take a universal 'thing' like a feeling that everyone could relate to and put it across simply so everyone got it on some level. I'm not saying dumb it down, i'm saying let it come more naturally to you. I, personally again, don't tend to use many -tion or -ing rhymes as I just feel those are cheap and easy to do. I won't not use them to prove a point, but I use them very sparingly. If you read through my verses you'll see that. I might on occasion as an internal rhyme, but very rarely as an external one. I actually preferred the second verse to the first, it read real Talent-esque.

Good looks.

Agreed. Overall nice piece tho, tbh. 1st thing I've read from you other then that lame picture battle with some shmuck you had in BA like a month ago that was just recently closed.

Lars
03-31-2014, 11:53 AM
Lars next time you log on fb you will have one less friend :(

This upsets me greatly.

Lars
03-31-2014, 11:53 AM
Agreed. Overall nice piece tho, tbh. 1st thing I've read from you other then that lame picture battle with some shmuck you had in BA like a month ago that was just recently closed.

STILL WAITING TO SEE A POST FROM YOU THAT IS WORTHY OF ANYTHING BUT THE BACK BUTTON ON MY BROWSER FAGG0T

Just C
03-31-2014, 11:58 AM
Are you that Master Bates or w.e his name is account I accused you of being?

Sicc
03-31-2014, 12:09 PM
STILL WAITING TO SEE A POST FROM YOU THAT IS WORTHY OF ANYTHING BUT THE BACK BUTTON ON MY BROWSER FAGG0T

Watch your mouth. Not these UK dudes you try and net bully, pussy. I'll Palm slap the bitter taste out your mouth. Are we clear? Ok, carry on.

Baron Mynd
04-01-2014, 02:45 AM
LOL

I aint never called anyone a faggot and used a zero in there

that's on you

Sick
04-01-2014, 03:09 AM
lma0

Whoever is running Lars acc ain't me

I can give you that

I ain't about that pussy shit

Keepin it 100

Frank
10-31-2023, 01:19 PM
http://media4.giphy.com/media/Er3QVX48nt5ok/giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47p8qlo4taeikjr1yzg8fdiaxux8rl sgk6k2y85owh&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g