PDA

View Full Version : THE VOTING DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED 24 HOURS, but

Certain
04-07-2014, 02:25 AM
what are we going to do?

This league is not sustainable at the moment. Either you guys rally to show you care, or I simply won't keep going at this rate.

If I'm the problem, say so. If it's something else, say so. Be honest and forthright. Otherwise, this league goes away.

Split
04-07-2014, 03:55 AM
there's not enough active members to keep ppl interested, it seems... I usually just raided other sites for members via PM box, or tagged people who havent competed in a bit
Soulstice Pent uP Nigma

e11even
04-07-2014, 04:33 AM
I apologize for the dropout last week with the lack of votes that and this week. I just needed a little time. I voted and look forward to possibly voting early next time. I hope the season doesn't get canned.

dyedinthewool
04-07-2014, 04:49 AM
I will vote during the day and I hope this league keeps afloat.

zygote
04-07-2014, 07:03 AM
Had a slight concern like this going in, various competitions seemed to be ongoing. A mid-league off period isn't good, but then again, if it's just the same 4-5 competitors there won't be enough interest. Maybe it's worth experimenting with switching around the timing, perhaps a different day schedule would suit people better? Another consideration could be randomized rather than record-based match-ups, this seemed to be effective at least in the challenge league thing. About voting - I've always been a fan of an altruistic rather than punitive measures, perhaps the 2 mandatory for new sign-ins can be relaxed to encourage some sign-ins, but if users aren't participating because they don't enjoy voting then that's no good either.

dead man
04-07-2014, 09:02 AM
i imagine many others are just busier now than during the winter season when the tournament was happening. i am being pulled in many different directions around this time of year, hence i wasn't even planning on signing in.

we'll make it.

Adonis
04-07-2014, 09:06 AM
If you were to skip straight to a tourney that would work to. Def not you cert. Just lack of interest in general. Coming from PR I've dealt with this before. We've ran a league or tourney consecutively for nearly a straight here, if not more. You quitting would be the worse thing. If activity doesn't revive this week I suggest making a sign in thread for the end of season tourney and takin a number you're comfortable with. There might be no show's in said tourney, but at least the end would be in site.

Also agree with Ziggie, there are a few who signed in and didn't vote, let them participate. They should understand by not voting while participating is impossible to get a win.

Adonis
04-07-2014, 09:08 AM
Word to dead. I don't have the appropriate time either. But I saw this coming so have been weathering because I know a lackluster verse and a couple good votes means the world to this here league right now.

Adonis
04-07-2014, 09:15 AM
I also think unveiling that shit we've been working on might cut down on no show's. People love records, if they know what's at stake visually they might care more. Release it here,fuck a sub forum, we can do that later

King Ra.
04-07-2014, 10:13 AM
Certain

First off, I would highly recommend that you NOT stop the season at this point. Based on the number of sign ups this week, along with the current pool of competitors, you still have enough here to continue letting the season run. While the no shows have been atrocious and this week was one of the worst in terms of just 3 match ups opened, things will remain strong. In season 1 of the AOWL, there were a few weeks (like 2-3) where there were a lot of no shows & voting slacked badly. Even so, everything picked up. I did bend the rules a lot though, and while it had its negatives, there positives were plentiful. I wouldn't say bend the rules much, because the first year of the league I was heavily experimenting with different ideas, but you can make some adjustments as necessary to keep things spicy.

An incorporation of a ranking system would be dope. You can sticky it and update it weekly as match ups are completed. This makes for great competition and even may drive competitors to want to have their names up there. You can incorporate this system to determine playoff seeding/positions. As Adonis has mentioned, the system you use to set up battles is okay, but maybe you can change it up to allow more flexibility and create more match up opportunities instead of similar records always going at it. New signees can face off against new signees.

If you want assistance in regards to putting together a new system, let me know. Im sure you and Mike can get it all together. Maybe incorporate something new in a week or two, for now get all ideas planned and together. Let the league run it's course in the mean time with what you got.

Certain
04-07-2014, 10:31 AM
So you think the issue somehow is intriguing matchups? What is wrong with them? I think every match this week was terrific on paper.

As far as a ranking system, there is one. I can post the numbers, too.

timeless
04-07-2014, 10:37 AM
the only real problem is people aren't committed. not too much you can do about that besides tag tag tag

Certain
04-07-2014, 10:42 AM
I also think unveiling that shit we've been working on might cut down on no show's. People love records, if they know what's at stake visually they might care more. Release it here,fuck a sub forum, we can do that later

Yes, that will be done soon.

Witty
04-07-2014, 11:05 AM
Voting after work.

oats
04-07-2014, 01:42 PM
As a gesture of appreciation for those who don't have a battle up this week and are still voting, link me to an OM and I'll feed it.

rhetoric
04-07-2014, 02:29 PM
whats up, not everyone on this site will know me. . . people such at oats, witty, dead man, YDK, split eight and a few others will know me as kayge or pheaturez

i have never posted on this site, but i lurk here in my rotation around the net just to keep up with people and what not. It wont do much, but if it would help the league I could sign in and participate, especially if it encourages some of the aforementioned peeps to do so as well. . .

I host a league on a different site, so my activity would be exclusive to the league on this site. . . but i'm willing to jump in and help since a lot of these guys have supported leagues that i'm either currently hosting, or have hosted in the past

if the league is going to be suspended, then i guess there would be no point in my signing in lol . . so ill sit back for now and just see how it pans out i guess

like i said, many may not know me, but regardless of my post count. . im sure all the people i listed will vouch for me and tell you that im reliable with both votes and getting verses in on time

Certain
04-07-2014, 02:34 PM
It won't be suspended. Sign in if you'd like to and have the time to contribute. You will be welcome.

rhetoric
04-07-2014, 02:36 PM
It won't be suspended. Sign in if you'd like to and have the time to contribute. You will be welcome.

very good. . . ill go sign in right now

Witty
04-07-2014, 02:39 PM
whats up, not everyone on this site will know me. . . people such at oats, witty, dead man, YDK, split eight and a few others will know me as kayge or pheaturez

i have never posted on this site, but i lurk here in my rotation around the net just to keep up with people and what not. It wont do much, but if it would help the league I could sign in and participate, especially if it encourages some of the aforementioned peeps to do so as well. . .

I host a league on a different site, so my activity would be exclusive to the league on this site. . . but i'm willing to jump in and help since a lot of these guys have supported leagues that i'm either currently hosting, or have hosted in the past

if the league is going to be suspended, then i guess there would be no point in my signing in lol . . so ill sit back for now and just see how it pans out i guess

like i said, many may not know me, but regardless of my post count. . im sure all the people i listed will vouch for me and tell you that im reliable with both votes and getting verses in on time

Good to see you here brother.

Dope writer.

rhetoric
04-07-2014, 02:44 PM
Good to see you here brother.

Dope writer.

my man witty

whats been good brother?

Witty
04-07-2014, 02:50 PM
my man witty

whats been good brother?

Just living life my dude, been here for a while but never really competed regularly due to life and my fucked up head, but I'm getting a lot of inspiration lately, taking my time on shit rather than just rushing it for the sake of posting a piece, enjoying it again...you joined at the right time, I hope we battle...beating Kayge would certainly motivate me lol

And we both know I would win....right?

RIGHT?!?!?

Witty
04-07-2014, 02:50 PM
gonna get my votes in now.

rhetoric
04-07-2014, 02:52 PM
beating kayge is always good for motivation lol

I see black signed in for this upcoming week as well. . . ALMOST feels like the old band is back hahaha

dyedinthewool
04-07-2014, 03:01 PM

I see black signed in for this upcoming week as well. . . ALMOST feels like the old band is back hahaha

Almost. We must recruit trajik as well though. Is he in your league currently?

Witty
04-07-2014, 03:02 PM
Yeah there are still a couple of names missing but it feels like old times now lol

I can get at traj, I speak to him quite often.

dyedinthewool
04-07-2014, 03:02 PM
This next week should be exciting as fuck

dyedinthewool
04-07-2014, 03:03 PM
Yeah there are still a couple of names missing but it feels like old times now lol

I can get at traj, I speak to him quite often.

Get him!!! We need a rematch!!

Witty
04-07-2014, 03:05 PM
Get him!!! We need a rematch!!

Lol I know he's going his thing with audio atm but I know a few words from his favourite and sexiest Irish friend will convince him to sign up.

dyedinthewool
04-07-2014, 03:06 PM
Lol I know he's going his thing with audio atm but I know a few words from his favourite and sexiest Irish friend will convince him to sign up.

>.< also tell him I will bake him cookies with magic inside

dead man
04-07-2014, 03:07 PM

who are you? were we in a band?

oh

whatup kayge.

Witty
04-07-2014, 03:08 PM
>.< also tell him I will bake him cookies with magic inside

I shall.

rhetoric
04-07-2014, 03:17 PM
who are you? were we in a band?

oh

whatup kayge.

lol sup blacketh

sorry it took me so long to make it around here man, i told you i would though. timing looks to be just right

Witty
04-07-2014, 04:29 PM
I got at all the open battles.

Good shit people.

Mr. J
04-07-2014, 05:32 PM
Having no Ext and making a deadline for Friday takes away the inspiration to be pressured
its quite the bother to have so many strings pulled to favor the newbies

Certain
04-07-2014, 05:46 PM
Having no Ext and making a deadline for Friday takes away the inspiration to be pressured
its quite the bother to have so many strings pulled to favor the newbies

So you preferred to have to request the extension every week?

oats
04-07-2014, 06:01 PM
I don't get how that changes the "inspiration to be pressured" - isn't having a deadline the same thing, regardless of when it is?

oats
04-07-2014, 06:13 PM
Also, good to see you here rhetoric.

rhetoric
04-07-2014, 08:03 PM
Also, good to see you here rhetoric.

thanks buddy :)

will be nice to branch out and compete with new writers

e11even
04-08-2014, 12:54 AM
this is going to be very cool.

Adonis
04-08-2014, 01:39 AM
Certain, ask and you shall receive. We've banned together thus far in pleasing you High standards in league play. Can't do no show until tomorrow around 5 6 ish

Certain
04-08-2014, 01:41 AM
Certain, ask and you shall receive. We've banned together thus far in pleasing you High standards in league play. Can't do no show until tomorrow around 5 6 ish

The magazine will be up way late tomorrow, so that's fine.

Adonis
04-08-2014, 01:43 AM
The magazine will be up way late tomorrow, so that's fine.

I decide what's fine

Insert Eva Mendes in slut gear here