05-13-2013, 06:45 AM
NBL
Netcees Text Battle League

Rules

Due Dates:

Verses are due Friday,
May 17th 2013 11:59 PM PST.
Voting ends Tuesday 11:59 PM PST.
Battles that lack votes may close later.
One sided battles may get closed early.
Extensions are normally 24 hours
(unless requested otherwise, that is),
can be no longer than 36 hours
and have to be granted by your opponent.

Line Limit:

Min. = 10 lines
Max. = 16 lines
The max. can be higher if different is agreed upon by both.

Voting:

Must vote on 5 battles and post your links.
Post the links in the thread titled "Week 7 Voting Links".
You will be punished if you don't post all 5 voting links.
You will not like the punishment, so just vote so you
don't have to cry later. Details about this are to be
found in the "Week 7 Voting Links" thread.

General Rules:

1st person to post can't edit after the 2nd person posts.
2nd person to post can't edit after a vote has been made.
Feeding = DQ.
Recycling = DQ.
Biting = DQ.
No freeposting, swaying or bitching.
Unless a picture battle is agreed upon,
linking to your opponent's picture or posting it
means you will disqualified.
A check in isn't mandatory, but it is encouraged.
If your opponent doesn't check in,
you still have to post a verse.
Competitors should agree on a line limit in their check in.
If no line limit is agreed on, then the 2nd person to post
must match the 1st person's line amount.

Jay
Nigma

Jay
05-13-2013, 09:13 AM
let's go

Nigma
05-13-2013, 11:43 AM
10 lines seems about write. Let me know if you want to go longer

Nigma
05-13-2013, 02:01 PM
This is my first week in this now, had to read the history of this clown
Call him Sandman, chasing his Jay Z dreams, tried to read Jays beef but fell asleep in a vowel
Boredom left you beat to the ground then critique fed you feet when ya down
Only reason you proceed to this round was a Knucklehead pity vote to keep you around
Without it you would leave and be out cause J's a faggot with the brain of a broad
Think of rear when ya name is involved since your letterstaying last like the name of minaJ
You'll never earn your place and belong here, readers will be mean till you break
Hes gonna pray for votes writing punches that don't pertain to opponents hoping to be seen as a great
He'll be like 'WITNESS THE NEXT VICTIM OF EMCEE JAY' or some similar gimmick that seems gay
Kid sucks, took a glimpse of his bitch name to see in prison he would B the type to finish a BJ

Jay
05-16-2013, 01:05 PM
Nigma has a fetish for the heavy girls, anything large’ll work
He’s a sucker for love, especially when you can find those stuffed in their bras n shirts
Ever since faggot has signed in the league, he’s kept a strong boner
He psychologically asks to go ten lines just to follow up with “do you wana go longer”
Ya hopes of going far are endless, altho your style already smashed it kid
Im not tryina blanket your career, but its beginning to resemble Kim Kardashian
You getting a lick on me aint happenin, tell ya confidence to stop lyin
The way im tryin to beat a Nig down, I’d be elected NYPD Captain without applyin
This league fluctuates every week, however im still astonished…
That People come and people go….leaps and bounds beyond whatever you’ve accomplished

Greed
05-16-2013, 01:28 PM
Lot of jabs from nigma but nothing worth while. I thought j took it in the first 4. Nypd line gets an honorable mention.

V/ j

megatron
05-17-2013, 02:13 PM
Felt like nigma didnt really have anything worth mentioning... either i wasnt feeling the concept... or the wording... or both in some cases.. J didnt have a strong verse either but the NYPD line made me chuckle lol best line IMO.. so yea J gets my vote here

fathead
05-17-2013, 04:20 PM
Nigma: Had Some Good Attempts At Personals And Word Play But Nothing That Was note Worthy.

Jay: These AreThE Lines I Think Won You The battle:

The way im tryin to beat a Nig down, I’d be elected NYPD Captain without applyin
This league fluctuates every week, however im still astonished…
That People come and people go….leaps and bounds beyond whatever you’ve accomplished

v/jay

FGR
05-18-2013, 11:39 PM
Only reason you proceed to this round was a Knucklehead pity vote to keep you around

vs

He psychologically asks to go ten lines just to follow up with “do you wana go longer”

nig you had a cool flow..rhymin was solid but ur overall punches werent hitting, came off mild no hate.
u gotta come more creative n pack more sting in ur lines..shit came off as lighte jabs. jay had some alright hits
def came hard then nig. n for that he gets the W

v/Jay

Sharp
05-19-2013, 01:11 AM
nigmas wording and rhyming was solid but content wise his punches are lacking here, mostly statements. Jay wasn't too hot either and while the whole Nig idea was just used in 1 2 I thought he did it well enough to be the only real quotable, gave it to him

V/ Jay

Flow
05-21-2013, 05:06 AM
Nigma had some great flow throughout and had potential for some rather sweet concepts, but there was a real lacking in the understanding of what makes a good battle verse. Just Nigma don't go changing your ideas, too many people take the loss and change there concepts to the same old crap people want to see..

Jay your verse was pretty whack but you had one or two bars that were executed well enough to take the vote...

Vote Jay

Cashius
05-21-2013, 11:32 PM
Nigma- don't focus sooooo much on multis and internals. You need more creative, direct punches. Not feeling much out of your verse.

Jay- Sucker for love got a chuckle but the rest was just ok. Did enough to win tho.

Jay.

Untold
05-22-2013, 03:04 AM
Without it you would leave and be out cause J's a faggot with the brain of a broad
Think of rear when ya name is involved since your letterstaying last like the name of minaJ

Vs

Nigma has a fetish for the heavy girls, anything large’ll work
He’s a sucker for love, especially when you can find those stuffed in their bras n shirts

This was an ok battle. Not much happening on both sides. Nigma, I get it. You can spit cold. But homie, get ya punch line game up. I think you on the right track, but keep at bit and read some older battles. And Jay, your "Nig" line was dope. And the opener was funny. Good lines I quoted.

V/ Jay

R!canTheoryz
05-22-2013, 06:04 AM

vs

Overal vote - this I'd say was equally whack IMO, I mean both was choppy at areas but I feel jay had a more polished verse even tho his misses were bad also but he gets my vote here .
V: jay