PDA

View Full Version : AOWL Week 13 Chat & Predictions.

Pages : [1] 2

King Ra.
05-21-2013, 10:25 PM
*editing soon*

King Ra.
05-21-2013, 10:39 PM
Nigma would you like to compete this week?

Nigma
05-21-2013, 10:47 PM
Im here if you need me

King Ra.
05-21-2013, 10:52 PM
Great. Got you. :)

Adonis
05-21-2013, 11:22 PM
Im here if you need me

Comes off kinda gay

#emo-nation

King Ra.
05-21-2013, 11:24 PM
Everyone loves the King. Don't deny what you feel, man. <3

King Ra.
05-21-2013, 11:34 PM
Adonis think you could hook me up with some topics? Basic quotes this week.

Adonis
05-21-2013, 11:37 PM
Fuck....why you wait last minute dik face? I could have done all that shit when I sent you my 313 pages of shit earlier.

I'm not a big fan of looking for quotes tho, any other ideas?

I don't mind, but don't have "the eye" for good quotes

King Ra.
05-21-2013, 11:39 PM
What do you have in mind? I'm open for anything. Take your time. No rush. I can edit them in come morning. I'm just going to set the match ups for now.

King Ra.
05-21-2013, 11:40 PM
Or I may do it tonight. Going to light one up then come back in a little bit. Do the damn thing tho'.

Objective
05-21-2013, 11:44 PM
Adonis think you could hook me up with some topics? Basic quotes this week.

Dude, steal some from that Humans of New York dude.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=460773413996764&set=a.102107073196735.4429.102099916530784&type=1&theater

Go through the images, choose great pictures and some captions. If you like the idea and you want me to do it, give me a heads up and I'll do it.

Nigma
05-21-2013, 11:46 PM
Comes off kinda gay

#emo-nation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJZ3bcPr-Ds

Adonis
05-21-2013, 11:46 PM
What do you have in mind? I'm open for anything.

Fuckin faggot

I'm str8

But I'll think a shit right now. If not I'll look into quotes.

Adonis
05-21-2013, 11:51 PM
*wishes I had smoke*

Is it bad that its just me and my two daughters chillin and I just poured a couple shots of tequila in a chilled snifter and drink it straight no chaser?

Nah...didn't think so

NYCSPITZ
05-21-2013, 11:55 PM
"If you were going to die soon and had only one phone call you could make, who would you call and what would you say? And why are you waiting?"
—Stephen Levine

"Many, many of you have written to me asking the following question: 'Dave, have their been any new advancements in the field of artificial falcon insemination, and could these developments be used to improve the American electoral process?'"

—Dave Barry

"To succeed in the world it is not enough to be stupid, you must also be well-mannered."

—Voltaire

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, still exists."

—Phillip K. Dick

"Remember, it was Saint Patrick who drove the snakes out of Ireland, and Dick, I believe that took place in a Buick..."

—Chester

Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop

Losing an illusion makes you wiser than finding a truth. ~Ludwig Börne

"Never mistake motion for action."

—Ernest Hemingway

"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform."

—Mark Twain

The obstacle is the path. ~Zen Proverb

Oh, Heaven, it is mysterious, it is awful to consider that we not only carry a future Ghost within us; but are, in very deed, Ghosts! ~Thomas Carlyle

The fish trap exists because of the fish. Once you've gotten the fish you can forget the trap. The rabbit snare exists because of the rabbit. Once you've gotten the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words exist because of meaning. Once you've gotten the meaning, you can forget the words. Where can I find a man who has forgotten words so I can talk with him? ~Chuang Tzu

"What makes life worth living? To be born with the gift of laughter and sense that the world is mad."

—S. Scaramouche

"The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think."

—Horace Walpole

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep. ~Navajo Proverb

Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

"He's as weird as purple spotted flying aardvark, bent on destroying the known universe."

—Kaitlin, about me

"Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you."

—Carl Gustav Jung

Adonis
05-21-2013, 11:55 PM
Who posts there still?

Not sure when you were there. But the same people have posted there for like ten years. I mean, we all been there longer but basically, if you ever been there, likely the same people only less.

Then you got the lurkers of old who view each thread and comment once in a while.

But I think its only like 15 consistent members. Right now. When the RhYME comes around muhfuckers come out the wood shed tho

King Ra.
05-21-2013, 11:56 PM
Objective I may consider that idea for the 1st round of the playoffs. Put some images together with captions & send me the info during the week.
Adonis drink more, man. Drink more.

I'm going to set up matches and topics will be filled in come morning. Fuck you all. <3

Adonis
NYCspitz da god

What site you use for quotes??

Anyone else got some quotes Nigma

????

King Ra.
Thank you, NYC. Guess I'll throw those in as I set matches up. Dope.

NYCSPITZ
05-21-2013, 11:59 PM
ion ijust googled profound quote Adonis lol

ZeeDee
05-22-2013, 12:01 AM
over 27,000 famous quotes

http://www.quotationspage.com/

Adonis
05-22-2013, 12:05 AM
ion ijust googled profound quote Adonis lol

Change your name or you're banned

Now accepting name change ideas for NYCSPITZ here...

NYCSPITZ
05-22-2013, 12:06 AM
LMAO na this name is my main squeeze since days of yore i cannot relinquish THA T TITLE SON

Mike Wrecka
05-22-2013, 12:22 AM
King Ra. , wtf I signed out lmao

King Ra.
05-22-2013, 12:25 AM
Mike Wrecka my bad, lol. I will replace you with myself then.

Mike Wrecka
05-22-2013, 12:26 AM
cool

Frank
05-22-2013, 12:27 AM
my bad about the no show, I had finals and I spilt a bottle of 3 $ wine inside my computer like a fucking jerkoff .true story. I was typing up the predictions and I was going in on zygote . the alien forces / other wordly forces werent having
that.

long story short im back and I need a match this week Kieth. I want to finish the season out like the 3x champion I am

show me my opponent

King Ra.
05-22-2013, 12:27 AM
Already done man. Lol. I got'em. Good luck to all competitors this week.

Information on the standings, playoffs and everything else will be displayed in the Week 13 edition of the AOWL magazine. Holler bitches.

King Ra.
05-22-2013, 12:28 AM
Okay, Frank. You will face Witty this week. Thanks for the save.

Inno
05-22-2013, 12:37 AM
ok one more win and i make the playoffs....

Adonis
05-22-2013, 12:59 AM
my bad about the no show, I had finals and I spilt a bottle of 3 $ wine inside my computer like a fucking jerkoff .true story. I was typing up the predictions and I was going in on zygote . the alien forces / other wordly forces werent having
that.

long story short im back and I need a match this week Kieth. I want to finish the season out like the 3x champion I am

show me my opponent

How many total Title defenses did you run off?

Question pertains to mag

Adonis
05-22-2013, 01:01 AM
@Buddha Zenland

Don't matter which name, for one week only you're the dean of eating Dik Krew

So...Mow down suckas

Frank
05-22-2013, 01:04 AM
Dead man why you no show Iambent? I was trying to read that battle kid

Split
05-22-2013, 01:34 AM
@Buddha Zenland

Don't matter which name, for one week only you're the dean of eating Dik Krew

So...Mow down suckas

yo sorry for excessively short verse. topic stumped me so I wrote it like I would a poem, and that was where I logically wouldve ended it. can't bring myself to stretch a piece out

thx everyone for feedback, sorry j couldn't vote, I'll try to make it on to vote on playoffs

Adonis
05-22-2013, 02:48 AM
yo sorry for excessively short verse. topic stumped me so I wrote it like I would a poem, and that was where I logically wouldve ended it. can't bring myself to stretch a piece out

thx everyone for feedback, sorry j couldn't vote, I'll try to make it on to vote on playoffs

Don't apologize for shit bro

What you wrote was good...and voting's overrated

IamBenT
05-22-2013, 09:14 AM
Yeah no doubt Split what you wrote was pretty damn dope, its been a while since I read some fantastic poetry verse type shit, so it was much appreciated.

@Inno are you serious?? this is gonna be a tough match cuz i hate to lose :)

IamBenT
05-22-2013, 09:16 AM
Ok people,... last regular week. Lets make it a good one.

The company's bottom line is riding on this. I know we can get back in the black by the end of the quarter

*business swag*

zygote
05-22-2013, 10:23 AM
Apologies for missing voting last week. Active voting is integral for an active league. As compensation I will vote x8 this week instead of the mandatory x4.

IamBenT
05-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Apologies for missing voting last week. Active voting is integral for an active league. As compensation I will vote x8 this week instead of the mandatory x4.

Good lord.

I just hope we get 8 battles for you to vote on, that would be epic lol

IamBenT
05-22-2013, 12:03 PM
It's prediction time again!!

BENT Row aka I-Am-BenT aka That Nigga That The Hoes Love. Last regular week of the league, unless the mods say otherwise so lets make it a good one, im assuming EVERYONE will show and EVERYONE will vote, so don't let me down lol

AOWL WK13: Figurative (1-0) VS. ThisIsDAM (1-0)

ThisisDAM really impressed me last week with a strong verse against a true vet in the league. His flow is powerful and his concepts are some of the freshest I've seen, I hope this next week he comes through with a stellar verse because Figurative is no slouch. Depending on the topic, look for a pair of verses that will challenge even the brightest of voters on the board with poetry and imagery galore, along with a well placed metaphor here and there. The key factor here is either the strength of the stories if they go that route, or how well they attack that topic and outshine the other. My money is on ThisIsDAM

AOWL Spotlight Match: zygote (9-2) VS. Nigma (5-4)

Fantastic matchup between two of my favorite writers. Zy is known to post early, which I give him all the kudos and props in the world for, cuz that's man's game shit right there, but I fear that last week it bit him in the ass a bit, as Zee was able to really shine with a creative and LULZ filled tale about aliens in a dystopian world. Nigma is a true master of lyricism, flow, metaphor, storytelling, basically everything that makes a true bard in this league. I look for him to come through refreshed and bring some much needed swagger to a what looks like a great battle. My money's on Nigma to make that record a little prettier.

AOWL CHAMP MATCH: pohfig (Platinum) (7-3) VS. ZeeDee (Titanium) (6-2)

Holy shit, BOTW here, you saw it here first. Pohfig is back in shape and in form, writing well as the playoffs loom in the horizon, which is where you wanna be. Zeedee, congrats to this guy for champing the league in strong fashion! Testament to his skills, creativity and determination. That being said, I'm picking against you bro. Despite his amazing-ness, I feel Pohfig has been hankering for the belt all season long and smells blood. Look for both of these excellent writers to drop stellar verses, battles like these make me wish we had a 48 line MINIMUM for champ matches lol. Gonna be a great read, throwing my two cents in for Pohfig to win a close one.

AOWL WK13: trap (0-0) VS. UnoQuatroTres (0-0)

Fascinating matchup as I am not as familiar with these writers as I would like to be, I know that Uno has some skill perusing a few of this musings on the open mic, looking forward to a concentrated verse from him. I have only heard good things about Trap and Im sure he can bring it with the best, but I will go with the poison I know and predict UnoQuatroTres to win this match.

AOWL WK13: NYCSPITZ (2-3) VS. Objective (4-4)

Looks to be a strong, underrated match between talented heads. NYC is known to spit flamez with a unique style and flow and the ability to tell a great story. Objective is one of those writers who will WOW you one week and then write a not-so-hot or WTF kind of verse next week, which makes him a bit unpredictable for me. I feel that strong Objective is looking for a shot here to get above .500, so I expect him to take it against a talented verse from NYC

White Division Crown Match: Adonis (5-3) VS. Zenland (7-5)

For all the white marbles, the mighty Adonis faces off against Big Buddha himself, very fitting that a mythological figure and a religious figure take the stage for Prince of the Purity division, and these two have such disparate styles that I feel a great match between them will leave us voters scratching our heads and in fits trying to decide who came better. AD is known to be so creative, so dense, so smart, so clever, but he has struggled at times with the technical aspects of his rhymes, such as flow, wordplay, and wording. Zenland is a beast with the flow, so vivid and descriptive, with a real knack for weaving intricate tales that are engaging and suspenseful, albeit sometimes too short. I feel that if Adonis really hunkers down, very few in the league can stop him. However, we're looking at an angry Buddha. And that spells trouble. I predict a Zenland win.

AOWL WK13: Witty (3-4) VS. Frank (6-4)

This should also be a barn burner and potential BOTW. Really looking forward to Witty after what seems like forever since I've seen a verse from him. He's known for wicked flow, creativity, and out-there storytelling. Frank is of course the league's resident BEAST and Mr. Swagger himself, so I never count this dude out. He has the complete package when it comes to topical writing, but had a bit of a stumble verse DeadMan lately. I see a pissed Frank dropping one of the better verse of the week against a strong effort from Witty. Alas, it shall not be enough for Mr. UglyFox. I'm going for the safe pick here: Frank for the W.

Black Division Crown Match: TYSON (4-3) VS. patrown (3-3)

And for all the Black Marbles, it's fitting to see an actual BLACK man is up to win this, and has a great shot versus an up-and-down patrown. I love patrown, i feel he has a great writer's voice, a unique perspective that serves him well with off-the-wall topics, and the skills to match up against most. Tyson has been impressive over the last few weeks, looking to compete and writes with strong mastery of flow and storytelling acumen. I see a close match, as the Black Division has also been up and down all season, but I predict a TYSON win. But much luck to you, friend Patrown. May the raccoon be with you lol

That's all for now folks. I really look forward to some of these matchups, as I feel that even if everyone comes out at just 80 percent, the verses will still be hotter than most of the assed out garbage you see around the internet. Get your votes up, and im looking forward to yalls predictions as well.

Peace

Zen
05-22-2013, 12:06 PM
I signed out last week butt fuck it I'll battle that dick eater Adonis.

Zen
05-22-2013, 12:07 PM
IamBenT.....You're the man.

Adonis
05-22-2013, 12:23 PM
If I'm a dik eater

You're a cock gobbler

Whose gay now??

Zen
05-22-2013, 12:24 PM
You.

dead man
05-22-2013, 12:26 PM
"Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform."

—Mark Twain

i wrote one of my favorite verses to date to this quote....dope shit

Mike Wrecka
05-22-2013, 04:00 PM
so many dope match ups this week. even though im signed out im still gonna vote just to read these verses

TYSON
05-22-2013, 04:35 PM
patrown......u showing homie???

trap.
05-22-2013, 05:30 PM
thanks for reminding me, i forgot i said i was going to do this. i totally lost motivation between then and now lol.

Boredom
05-22-2013, 06:04 PM
is it possible to get in this?

Zen
05-22-2013, 06:06 PM
It's the last week of the season Shank Sinatra.

Boredom
05-22-2013, 06:19 PM
need to have a battle or two to get into the playoffs i suppose?

Zen
05-22-2013, 06:49 PM
need to have a battle or two to get into the playoffs i suppose?
Yeah I'll topical battle you after the playoffs are done though if you want. Or maybe even before depends on how soon I can get done with my verse this week. I'll pm you if you're interested holmes.

patrown
05-22-2013, 07:31 PM
yah i'll be showing TYSON.

days are passing by too quick.
i signed on to vote on week 12 right now.

Mike Wrecka
05-22-2013, 08:05 PM
Adonis

you've been caught you fraud

King Ra. Split

im calling for this faggot to be immediately removed from the league. perma ban

hahahaha you got caught bitch. you recycling pos. no creativity ? I knew something was fishy about you.

Mike Wrecka
05-22-2013, 08:07 PM
the verse he posted against me is on another site posted by him in 2013

and if that wasn't lame enough, he picked topics that week. ends up, we got the same exact topic as that battle did. he rigged the whole thing. shady shit right there.

Fig
05-22-2013, 08:12 PM

and if that wasn't lame enough, he picked topics that week. ends up, we got the same exact topic as that battle did. he rigged the whole thing. shady shit right there.

Word? Links? D:

Mike Wrecka
05-22-2013, 08:13 PM
lmao aight fuck the perma ban. but seriously, DQ him from that match. make him take the loss. and don't let this fucker have anything to do with picking topics or writing mags. he's not to be trusted

TYSON
05-22-2013, 08:15 PM

Nigga what??? I need proof....if is true Adonis is a faggot, word up..

Mike Wrecka
05-22-2013, 08:16 PM
its on PR in his topical battle against Defcon. its titled 2013 showcase or some shit in the topical league there.

Mike Wrecka
05-22-2013, 08:19 PM
http://www.netcees.co/showthread.php?t=4622

heres a link to our battle

TYSON
05-22-2013, 08:20 PM
I think I'm banned from PR. Can't get to site. Adonis explain yourself pussy...

Adonis
Go check the dates homies

I posted that verse here. Then the guy Def con liked that topic. Said he had a verse to it

We each posted ours. Ill post dates and time of posts shortly

Never used a old piece in my life

Research before you accuse and raise shit yeah?

Thanks

Split
lmao aight fuck the perma ban. but seriously, DQ him from that match. make him take the loss. and don't let this fucker have anything to do with picking topics or writing mags. he's not to be trusted

Should be DQ'd

Idk why he shouldn't help write mags tho. more laziness than dishonesty, tons of vets from other leagues reuse old verses, most never get *officially* caught

Split
05-22-2013, 08:21 PM
Go check the dates homies

I posted that verse here. Then the guy Def con liked that topic. Said he had a verse to it

We each posted ours. Ill post dates and time of posts shortly

Never used a old piece in my life

Research before you accuse and raise shit yeah?

Thanks

why use a verse for two battles tho

Adonis
05-22-2013, 08:24 PM
So...there is a discrepancy of one day on those posts

Here post date was 3/14/13 There post date was 3/13/13

So looks like I recycled a one day verse...ban for it mike

Next time get particulars before you come at...thanks

Adonis
05-22-2013, 08:27 PM
The guy Defcon Wrote a verse to that topic as it was his next topic but he lost in playoffs

So did I obviously as I wrote it here. Only he didn't want to waste a verse and I said I would battle him for fun

That verse wasn't part of the league. Notice the title, "extra curricular"?

If there is anyone than can ever find a more then 1 day old verse I've ever used

My only names have been

X-caliber, Peter McPuffington and Adonis or adonis

have fun

I will gladly send you $100 bucks direct to your account

Adonis
05-22-2013, 08:29 PM
Mike Wrecka TYSON

Tyson a slight pass for calling me a bitch or pussy

No pass for MIKE...next time your weisel ass wants to call people out think first

And you can ask King Ra. or Split

Each time I've helped with topics I sent a package of 15-30 and told them specifically I did not care which topic I have

Call me a bitch Mike, you get heated over this because you've obviously never liked me, as you posts are you speaking what you've felt and held in for a while now

Fuck you dog

Adonis
05-22-2013, 08:32 PM
http://www.projectrhyme.com/forums/showthread.php?60860-RHYME-13-Special-Attraction-DefCon-vs-adonis-OPEN-FOR-VOTES!

PR verse

http://www.netcees.co/showthread.php?t=4622

AOWL verse

Mike Wrecka
05-22-2013, 08:32 PM
so your admitting that you posted that verse a day earlier elsewhere

that's recycling

and you guys got the same topic in different leagues? sounds weird man. and didn't you pick topics that week for our league?

ive never been cool with you picking peoples topics. always seemed shady. you gave me and Buddha the worst possible topic last week. who the fuck are you to pick topics. and now I see for sure that your doing weird stuff with these topics man

Adonis
05-22-2013, 08:36 PM
Again, I send a package of topics...I don't pick shit for anyone myself included

I compile a list for Keith or Split, they post shit

How can I log into King or Split's name and create threads and topics under there name????

I was not in that league, I lost first round. That was the conference finals. But I MOD there, so that was a chosen topic for one of the semi final match ups. It just so happened that King selected that topic for me. So I posted that against a friend who didn't want to waste a verse

Only topic I ever personally chose for a member was the movie theme week, and King didn't have a topic so I posted Casablanca

Seems like not even King selects his own topics...ask all the questions you want King will verify it all.

Side not: I've not seen anything on rules beside what's been posted in each thread. Every league I've been a part of seems to be cool with posting the same verse in two league as long as it's the same week and you still vote. Just sayin

Adonis
05-22-2013, 08:40 PM
It's since been deleted, but I also wrote in our match up that I did not select topics

I made it clear in my sign in thread that made a package of topics and king selected ours

But as that is against your recycling theory I doubt you'll remember that

Split
05-22-2013, 08:44 PM
Yeah RB had same week rule

Adonis is not picking the topics just sending suggestions

Y'all dudes need to calm down with the technicalities. This isn't the olympics, this is regular season shit.

Mike Wrecka
05-22-2013, 08:45 PM
ok that excuse is feasible. im convinced you didn't cheat. but you did post that verse a day earlier on another site. bad form. I don't want to see battle verses that someone used against me posted prior to our battle on another site. just seems weird. you should have waited. im pretty sure you can understand how it looked shady to me.

Adonis
05-22-2013, 08:50 PM
Yes

And for the record I think you're a cool guy. I'm not sure where the animosity comes from or your reasoning for not liking me because that above all else is clear as day

And if you think it's shady for a day old verse to be recycled I'm lost for words bro

It's not like it was written in advance for a few weeks, it's one day. I just happened to post there first in a non league match up.

It's like me posting a verse there a day in advance in the main forum for feed. Nothing was changed in the verse except on PR there are an additional few bars

Mike Wrecka
05-22-2013, 08:57 PM
your involvement with picking topics irks me. you could pick ten topics you love and are guaranteed to get one of them. then I see recycled verses, even if its a day old or a decade old. it raises eyebrows. recycling is recycling.

whatever though. seems that the actual mods are too lazy to do shit on their own so do you.

see you in the playoffs.

Adonis
05-22-2013, 09:02 PM
When Keith asks for help he says pick some say...Picture topics

So I do

Of course I'm going to choose topics I like. Next time I pick topics to help out I'll chose ones I hate

How Fuckin dumb would that be?

The Main Mod is Keith...make no mistake about that so you calling them lazy aint helping shit because the head MOD hasn't seen a thing

He can do what he would like, ban me, Strike that win, DQ me from post season

I don't care either way. I mean, I do; but if its the worse thing in life to post the exact same verse a day early with no changes aside from removing a few bars because you said don't go over limit, then fuck it. I won't argue, but I won't agree either.

Adonis
05-22-2013, 09:07 PM
I think I'm banned from PR. Can't get to site. Adonis explain yourself pussy...

You have to be a member, so sign up there and you cant view link

But you can just look at the verse here, it's the same thing only posted a day before hand

Mike Wrecka
05-22-2013, 09:45 PM
When Keith asks for help he says pick some say...Picture topics

So I do

Of course I'm going to choose topics I like. Next time I pick topics to help out I'll chose ones I hate

How Fuckin dumb would that be?

The Main Mod is Keith...make no mistake about that so you calling them lazy aint helping shit because the head MOD hasn't seen a thing

He can do what he would like, ban me, Strike that win, DQ me from post season

I don't care either way. I mean, I do; but if its the worse thing in life to post the exact same verse a day early with no changes aside from removing a few bars because you said don't go over limit, then fuck it. I won't argue, but I won't agree either.

I meant they are too lazy to pick topics on their own. no further action is required in this case. your excuse adds up.

Adonis
05-22-2013, 09:58 PM
It's not that they are lazy. You've clearly never ran a league. That shit is taxing as fuck

I've helped or ran solo more then a few leagues, and as I've always said I'm willing to help because its just that...help which is always great from a mods end

Judge Chester Charlesworth
05-22-2013, 10:26 PM
THERE IS WORD THAT ADONIS WAS FRAMED

THE PEOPLE CAN PRESENT THEIR CASE TO THE HONORABLE JUDGE WHEN THEY SEE FIT

UNTIL THEN ADONIS IS INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN FAGGOT

Adonis
05-22-2013, 10:32 PM
I vote ZeeDee?

But He's siding with me so that aint right

Someone from PR then forsure

UHOH

Mike Wrecka
05-22-2013, 10:47 PM
I present exhibit A to the honorable judge

always great from a mods end

what kind of non faggot would declare that things from a mods end are great

Adonis
05-22-2013, 10:48 PM
out of context but I'll let it ride...wait what?

Objective
05-23-2013, 12:47 AM
I write my lyrics in peoples bodies with the machete I took from them while fighting. Wait, what were you saying again Patrown?

Nah, for real I feel the shit that you're saying, but I've thought A LOT about this. The world isn't ready for us. We're the graffiti equivalent when it comes to writing. We're above the norm when it comes to modern writing. Not only have rap spawned a new level of writing, but it has spawned a newfound interest of writing. It is vulgar, it is rough and straight to the point in a way that normal people can't really resonate with and at a pace where our skill in writing has been perfected to the point it can't be fucked with. But people don't understand it. Even most of the REAL poets can't understand it when it's presented to them.

I posted a multi-syllable rhymescheme on a poetry site. It was hated on and considered ''hard to read'', but one of the mods, an excellent writer actually, praised it. The people in doubt gave it another look and actually praised it as well. Peer pressure because he saw something they didn't, or the simple fact that it was just a perfect example of a sheeps behaviour?

Either way, we need to dive into other aspects of writing. Just look at slam poetry. A few rappers have ventured into that genre and been successful. LITERALLY tearing it up. Is it by chance? Definately not. But we're actually advancing writing to something between storytelling/litterature and poetry. People are creatures of habit, I can't stress this enough, in a larger sense this can be applied to cultures and art. Once someone break free it will get praised, but only in a way that makes us seen.

START MAKING BLOGS AND POST SHIT TO WELL KNOWN POETRY BLOGS, NEWSPAPERS and whatnot. The world of writing is literally waiting for this kind of style to blow up. But the question remains; Are they ready for it?

/end stupid rant of 60% nonsense.

Adonis
05-23-2013, 01:43 AM
What's good? Drunk as a mother fucker right here

Went to wine country

Buelton , ca

What's good yo, on that grow man shit. Will

Fig
05-23-2013, 02:07 AM
Not much

You from cali adonis? What part?

Ink
05-23-2013, 03:55 AM
Buelton is wine country? Shit i was like half an hour or so from there during my college days.. lol

What's up everyone, it's been a short while. Been focused on my to-be-published material and sharing it with a few trusted peeps.. good to see this league is still going strong

King Ra.
05-23-2013, 08:32 AM
Adonis I hereby ban you from any participation or help towards this league in the event of your recycling which is a threat to the AOWL's integrity. You're out man.

Bye, bitch.

Nah, I'm bullshitt'n. To confirm, Adonis has NEVER given topics in any matches. When I need some, he sends me a shitload & I select from there in a complex system of eenie, meenie, minie, moe. He's good. I feel where Mike Wrecka is coming from, but to be honest it doesn't seem like anything drastic. Weird? Maybe but nothing that says permaban. I'll take a look at this to confirm but like Split, this to me isn't something major.

Whaddup tho' folks?

IamBenT
05-23-2013, 09:23 AM
Wow @KingRa

Ha man..wow... you really had me going there..

LOL oh wow.

I save everything I write. Lost so much through the years that I refuse to lose any more. even junk verses and terrible poems are on my hard drive.

Adonis
05-23-2013, 11:54 AM
Keiths an asshole
Figurative

I'm from santa barbara ca.

But I'm not the rich kind from santa barbara, I'm the poor kind

Zen
05-23-2013, 12:45 PM
I lol'd at Judge Chester paying us a visit. I needa start working day time so I can see all the crazy shit that happens on here at night lol.
And Objective nice rant.

4t5
05-23-2013, 01:32 PM
lol, my bad got sick

Zen
05-23-2013, 01:38 PM
Who are you?

ThisisDAM
05-23-2013, 03:48 PM
I recycled a verse in the topical league on RIA & they banned me from the season even though I was like 5-0 in the contendership match. I was pressed for time & it was an old verse too.

IamBenT
05-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Damn don't they know who you are, DAM?

HOW DARE THEY! God DAM them lol

DAM it

Zen
05-23-2013, 04:17 PM
Bent how the fuck are you in two crews at the exact same time lol

IamBenT
05-23-2013, 04:26 PM
LOL thats how I roll yo

Naw thats my RM fam, Pen and Thread.. Ink has taken a back seat however to get his work published... and Nom has yet to make the move to this site. So being a one man crew was kind of lonely.

:*(

Zen
05-23-2013, 04:27 PM
Yeah I feel ya. I told Ck and Athiest I was going solo since they don't ever get on here no more. Real life becomes a bitch sometimes lol.

Mike Wrecka
05-23-2013, 04:28 PM
ever watch bob ross stoned?

Zen
05-23-2013, 04:30 PM
Fuck yeah I have. Look up Bob Ross I Believe on youtube. It's the greatest song of all time.

TYSON
05-23-2013, 04:32 PM
Truthfully I get mikes point its kinda suspicious to get the same topic in two different forum 1 day apart from each other.

Zen
05-23-2013, 04:34 PM
I meant Bob Ross Pretty Little Clouds @Mike

Inno
05-23-2013, 05:56 PM
Who cares...fuuuuuuuuuuúck me

All of your vaginas are overlapping tho

Zen
05-23-2013, 07:33 PM
My vagina overlaps with noone.

Fig
05-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Keiths an asshole
Figurative

I'm from santa barbara ca.

But I'm not the rich kind from santa barbara, I'm the poor kind

Oh that's cool then. I only ask cuz I never see anyone from cali on here, and it makes me happy to know that I'm not alone.

I'm from northern California myself, grew up down south though

Pent uP
05-23-2013, 09:14 PM
Im from the south bay...just letting u know ur not alone

Fig
05-23-2013, 09:27 PM
Feels good man

I've never left the state, so it's people like you that make me feel home :')

Mike Wrecka
05-23-2013, 09:37 PM
ive always said a regional tournament would be so dope. we should consider one after the league winds down

Fig
05-23-2013, 10:14 PM
You mean like states against states? Because that sounds tight as fuck, and I think it'd get a lot of involvement.

Mike Wrecka
05-23-2013, 10:18 PM
not sure if state by state would work. but like west coast, east coast, south,, Midwest type shit. and throw Canada and Europe in there as regions

Fig
05-23-2013, 10:36 PM
Yeah that makes a lot more sense. Hopefully it becomes a thing.

IamBenT
05-24-2013, 01:01 AM
I'm ready to rep that ThirdCoast ya dig. Texas is the home of the spittaz and scripts

Inno
05-24-2013, 01:09 AM
fuck the spurs

IamBenT
05-24-2013, 01:12 AM
Go spurs go. I get free cappucino when they win, so u know a nigga stay on that Mocha

Inno
05-24-2013, 02:00 AM
Memphis will win three in a row.

IamBenT
05-24-2013, 08:46 AM
now inno who told you that?

Was it Randolph's 7-26 abysmal shooting in the last two games?

Or perhaps the disappearance of their best perimeter defender in Tony Allen has whispered this fantastic prophecy to you?

Lionel Hollins and his teddy bears are soft as hell. Bring on the Heat.

Zen
05-24-2013, 11:54 AM
The South would win that tournament. I predict it now, mainly because I'd be in that section. And Bent how you gonna talk shit about the Grizzlies like that? I live 30 miles from Memphis and now I feel sad :(........And fuck the Spurs.

IamBenT
05-24-2013, 12:03 PM
oh word, I used to live about 2 hours from Memphis up in Clarksville when my dad was stationed over there.

Well man, my Spurs go hard in the paint what can I say

Zen
05-24-2013, 12:05 PM
No shit. Clarksville, TN or Clarksville, MS? I would tell you where I'd live but then you'd realize that it's probably just a town of 200 people out in the middle of nowhere that you've never heard of, and you'd be right.

Inno
05-24-2013, 12:38 PM
now inno who told you that?

Was it Randolph's 7-26 abysmal shooting in the last two games?

Or perhaps the disappearance of their best perimeter defender in Tony Allen has whispered this fantastic prophecy to you?

Lionel Hollins and his teddy bears are soft as hell. Bring on the Heat.

My logic is undeniable.

Grizz give the spurs the jizz.

Zen
05-24-2013, 01:12 PM
Voting in the BA sucks ass. So if you fellas get a chance a vote here would be mucho appreciated.
http://www.netcees.co/showthread.php?t=6712

patrown
05-24-2013, 01:29 PM
man. i'm ready to do sutin. besides work. i'm only sick in the head, but i call it what i do.

how yall doin? where my people at?

i deleted a post obj. responded to a couple days ago. so if it looks like he went off on some random shit, you have no idea.

Zen
05-24-2013, 01:33 PM
http://www.netcees.co/showthread.php?t=6712
patrown :) lol
But man I'm really not sure how people are gonna take my verse this week. I was thinking that last night as I was writing it. I gotta Wonderland quote so I figured if I came off psychadelic then people would just say fuck Zen that's all he ever talks about in the predictions SO I've went completely different from anything that would be expected. Browning points if you get how it goes with the topic when I drop it. If you don't get it then fuck you.

Inno
05-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Thats all you ever talk about zen.

Zen
05-24-2013, 03:05 PM
See? I knew it.

Adonis
05-24-2013, 05:49 PM
See? I knew it.

Ext son

Haven't had a chance to so much as peep topic. And immediately forgot it

Adonis
05-24-2013, 05:53 PM
Oh that's cool then. I only ask cuz I never see anyone from cali on here, and it makes me happy to know that I'm not alone.

I'm from northern California myself, grew up down south though

I never cared for Nor-Cal. I've been to Frisco and the bay area in general, its fun and shit. But I'm not down with that weather

Where I live its between 65-75 degrees every day and rains on average 30 days out of the entire year. So I'm spoiled. Shit ain't cheap, but its worth it for me

Zen
05-24-2013, 06:45 PM
Extension granted.

Pent uP
05-24-2013, 08:32 PM
I never cared for Nor-Cal. I've been to Frisco and the bay area in general, its fun and shit. But I'm not down with that weather

Where I live its between 65-75 degrees every day and rains on average 30 days out of the entire year. So I'm spoiled. Shit ain't cheap, but its worth it for me

My weather gets a bit hotter then that but its not thar much more volatile

patrown
05-25-2013, 12:45 AM
Zenland nice drop though. im going back and forth with my boy on a note you just turned up a few notches

NYCSPITZ
05-25-2013, 01:07 AM
the vast amount of aliases in this league is stunning but commendable at the same time

Mike Wrecka
05-25-2013, 08:17 AM
there are actually no aliases in this league. just people you've never heard of.

Adonis
05-25-2013, 11:58 AM
Well that's false. Pohfig as we all know was an alias.

I came here knowing of 3 people. Blacketh, Pent and Split

Oh, and Cereal Killer. Also Enigma. I know he posted @ PR a few times.

Other then that unless you posted @ PR under a different name and refuse to tell me which name *there are a couple of you* then I know you by screen name alone

NYCSPITZ
05-25-2013, 12:01 PM
lol is that a fact mike

Mike Wrecka
05-25-2013, 01:41 PM
you don't know someone that makes them an alias?

your drinking retard juice

pohfig isn't an alias he told people he was pent up from day one. I know everyone in this league by the name they are using from multiple boards ,so please tell me who is an alias

Nigma
05-25-2013, 03:43 PM
This song is really good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0yiQBMM_yw

Nigma
05-25-2013, 03:48 PM
+333 internets to the first person who listens to it

Fig
05-25-2013, 03:57 PM
That was pretty tight. That concept is pretty hard to execute without making it sound corny, but that guy carried out fairly well.

Adonis
05-25-2013, 03:59 PM
Listened to half. Seemed ok, nothing spectacular tho

Some good stuff then some lines came off corney IDK?

He matched the beat extremely well tho

TYSON
05-25-2013, 04:15 PM
Hope everybody shows this week it looks like some good matchs

Nigma
05-25-2013, 04:23 PM
That was pretty tight. That concept is pretty hard to execute without making it sound corny, but that guy carried out fairly well.

That was a dope ass conceptual piece tbh.

Here's another one, this is just raw bars imo. "He said he wanted his mind read so I bloodied his brain"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7a1F3KzuKY

Ink
05-25-2013, 10:34 PM
LOL thats how I roll yo

Naw thats my RM fam, Pen and Thread.. Ink has taken a back seat however to get his work published... and Nom has yet to make the move to this site. So being a one man crew was kind of lonely.

:*(

I'm sorry baby.. I'll never leave you alone again..

Haha.. Seriously though, it'd be cool to see nom on here. Not positive his style would be appreciated though

Adonis
05-25-2013, 10:47 PM
What's good Ink

I wanted to battle you before end of season bro. You ruined my life

For reals tho, we need a collab for your work or for fun. I'm down whenever.

Just PM me a topic.

Ink
05-25-2013, 11:08 PM
What's good Ink

I wanted to battle you before end of season bro. You ruined my life

For reals tho, we need a collab for your work or for fun. I'm down whenever.

Just PM me a topic.

Lol my badd

Yeah for sure im down to collab.. Ive been doing mostly freeverse for my book, but it'd be good to step back into the world of rhyming. People tend to not like my topics though lol.. Might be better off with you sending me one

Adonis
05-25-2013, 11:39 PM
Word?? I've never cared about topics. You're talking about a guy who thinks he can add a crazy twist and concept to a topic named "sniffing flowers"

I'm truly a guy who don't care about topics cuz I literally will take 24hours to walk around daily life and be thinking in the back of my head how to spin a concept. But I got one idea I've always wanted to do. But we would need 2 more guys. Its a 4 person concept

Atheist
05-26-2013, 05:37 AM
But I got one idea I've always wanted to do. But we would need 2 more guys. Its a 4 person concept

Id be down, got some free time at last.

Adonis
05-26-2013, 03:48 PM
Zenland Just got out of hospital...Have strained rotator cuff, the muscle that's there forget the name..MCL/PCL or some shit

Not enjoying typing on pills and moving the arm.

Will post Monday, I see you posted just wanted to give you heads up.

Atheist Ink

I will PM you guys a topic. Still need one more guy though

Anyone?

Ink
05-26-2013, 03:50 PM
IamBenT get in this

Zen
05-26-2013, 06:57 PM
Dope Adonis.
Hey King Ra. when are we voting on them awards for the season?

Adonis
05-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Zenland vs. Adonis

good for votes

Adonis
05-26-2013, 07:04 PM
Dope Adonis.
Hey King Ra. when are we voting on them awards for the season?

also being injured is not 'dope' WTF?

asshole...still

xoxoxo

Adonis
05-26-2013, 07:09 PM
was vibing to this one chea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HFwufvVaLE

King Ra.
05-26-2013, 10:12 PM
Zenland I'll be setting that up soon. Along with the playoff edition mag & playoff sign up details. I'm having some real life issues going on, so it's been a bit difficult getting things done, but I've been working on it piece by piece. But definitely soon.

Adonis
05-26-2013, 11:34 PM
Zenland I'll be setting that up soon. Along with the playoff edition mag & playoff sign up details. I'm having some real life issues going on, so it's been a bit difficult getting things done, but I've been working on it piece by piece. But definitely soon.

Yo, I got a dick

You hungry??

This nigga think mods get the luxury of having a real life...hahaha

Keith be clowning and shit right?

King Ra.
05-26-2013, 11:35 PM
Bow down like the others, Adonis. Bow down.

Adonis
05-26-2013, 11:52 PM
Nah, West Coast Connection was mad overrated

I was more of a NWA guy, but to each there own I guess.

On the real though King Ra. You know I'm always down to help with shit if you need player

So....anyone got ideas for topics I can help research and shit?

I was thinking maybe using actual songs similar to what Nigma posted. Where they are topical type tracks and we use their topical as ours???

Only I don't really listen to music but have like 6 songs written in topical form. Mostly Cunninglynguists aka the greatest topical group of all time, aka the greatest group of all time

Dove Dozer
05-27-2013, 12:40 AM
didnt mean to bail on the league dudes, Im on military ops and busted my phone.. shitacular.

holler.

Dove Dozer
05-27-2013, 12:42 AM
Haha.. Seriously though, it'd be cool to see nom on here. Not positive his style would be appreciated though

nom is one of the best topical writers I know. he'd do so well in this league. forreal.

Im positive he'd champ it fairly easily I think.

Pent uP
05-27-2013, 12:50 AM
Nom is an exceptional writer but I dont think hed have it easy

Pent uP
05-27-2013, 12:51 AM
Also mods I think I might need an ext till tuesday because of the holiday

Hows that sound

TYSON
05-27-2013, 01:03 AM
Where the fuck is split????

Dove Dozer
05-27-2013, 01:27 AM
Nom is an exceptional writer but I dont think hed have it easy

true. Id just like to see that british cunt over here.

youre right though.. not easily.. but he'd be in the top 3 im guessing.

and how come you aint using the Pent uP alias here bruh?

Pent uP
05-27-2013, 01:32 AM
Dunno...ill change my name after the season probably..I like this 1 tho

Adonis
05-27-2013, 12:41 PM
Dunno...ill change my name after the season probably..I like this 1 tho

That makes one person in the entire league

Zen
05-27-2013, 12:45 PM
Adonis I meant dope verse not being injured lol.

Nigma
05-27-2013, 01:38 PM
Zygote vs Nigma Open for your reading pleasure

Witty
05-27-2013, 08:48 PM
I was pretty loose with the topic this week.

Couldn't really get with it so I just went where my mind took me. Pretty high too which may have been a contributing factor.

Fig
05-27-2013, 08:53 PM
Where the fuck is split????

No computer and shit right? I know he's been havin problems with that

Adonis
05-27-2013, 10:08 PM
Anyone down for a collab with Atheist, Ink and Myself?

Pretty dope concept but it requires one more member

TYSON
05-27-2013, 11:35 PM
patrown I have faith u showing. I really do.

patrown
05-28-2013, 03:04 AM
yep.

King Ra.
05-28-2013, 07:39 AM
To all league participants, I am giving everyone an extension til tonight, in light of Monday being Memorial Day, which I didn't realize when I set the due dates at first. So to all those who have dropped in a match but your opponent hasn't, feel free to edit and tweak your verse as you please & those who haven't dropped, this is the last night.
NYCSPITZ Frank Witty IamBenT Innovator Figurative ThisisDAM

Fig
05-28-2013, 09:34 AM
What is this, an opportunity from thr gods? Surely i will seize this moment

Zen
05-28-2013, 10:57 AM
I voted on all battles that are open so far so go vote on this:

http://www.netcees.co/showthread.php?t=6682

Me and Adonis will appreciate it. Also I won't be on much for the next few weeks so I'll probably need extensions throughout the playoffs.

Witty
05-28-2013, 12:40 PM
I'll hop on a collab Adonis

Nigma
05-28-2013, 01:47 PM
Anyone down for a collab with Atheist, Ink and Myself?

Pretty dope concept but it requires one more member

Hit me up if someone bails

Adonis
05-28-2013, 04:30 PM
I got Witty in first and Nigma for back up

Will send over concept and shit later today

Dove Dozer
05-28-2013, 07:28 PM
wassup awol

Nigma
05-28-2013, 07:30 PM
Salutations soldier

Dove Dozer
05-28-2013, 07:38 PM
sup nig?

Nigma
05-28-2013, 07:44 PM
Taking a break from this new Dan Brown book to devour a delicious sandwich from a European deli. Trying to think up an interesting documentary to watch on youtube..

Sup with you?

Objective
05-28-2013, 08:05 PM
Trying to think up an interesting documentary to watch on youtube..

Godfather and the Mob part.1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGxsrq55fu8

Daniel Tammet - The boy with the incredible brain Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbASOcqc1Ss

West Memphis Three Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVQCw6HGZ5s

Pick any of those.

zygote
05-28-2013, 09:06 PM
Engima, this documentary film is my favorite. It is called "Home." The camera photography is very great.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU&wide=1

trap.
05-28-2013, 09:21 PM
gonna find some time to watch that docu tomorrow. i like this area better than the disc board, lol.

Split
05-28-2013, 09:29 PM
do yourselves a favor, watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lNk_kffzv4

Adonis
05-28-2013, 09:49 PM
Taking a break from this new Dan Brown book to devour a delicious sandwich from a European deli. Trying to think up an interesting documentary to watch on youtube..

Sup with you?

exit through the gift shop

There's a Mexican Cartel One, not positive on name but..."La Firma"

Called the flame or the fire in english. anyways, it's subtitles but I heard that was dope

I just watched one called "The Imposter". It was decent for being a true story. I just wish it had more drama. The Trailer made it sound fucking amazing, it was simply OK though

Not huge on Documentary's but those are the most recent ones I've seen

I assume you've seen "Exit through the gift shop", which is the reason there is nothing written after it. If you haven't seen it you are simply failing in this game we call life

Adonis
05-28-2013, 10:02 PM
**Plug Alert**

My brother dropped his instrumental album. Not sure what's on there, I'm sure I've heard them all though. Enjoy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/thedeadpoetspen/647855fb-4c53-45a2-930d-6a6c194da5ea_zpsdaa90846.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/thedeadpoetspen/97c26223-7c8b-4b54-bf30-3f0e4049e05f_zps460d0634.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/thedeadpoetspen/media/97c26223-7c8b-4b54-bf30-3f0e4049e05f_zps460d0634.jpg.html)

It's on a few platforms...soundcloud, bandcamp, blogspot ect ect....

I'll let you choose where to check it from....

http://the-milk-crate.blogspot.com/2013/05/that-cynical-bastard-to-find-yours.html

This is a free instrumental Album FYI

patrown
05-28-2013, 10:25 PM
starting to vote, spitting each verse to those instrumentals as i go through them.

your brothers got some serious talent, Adonis. thanks for sharing those. do you have a dropbox? just looking to grab those original files if it's possible. won't share them.

Adonis
05-28-2013, 10:38 PM
That's his blog...The-Milk-Crate Link

I don't know honestly, I vaguely remember him saying he didn't want to post the editable versions but I'm not sure. You can ask him at the Milk Crate there

Or to save you a view thatcynicalbastard.bandcamp.com

Although he posts really good music on that site so you should frequent it anyways

TYSON
05-28-2013, 11:03 PM
Nigma I meant to spell it miskeen, which is a brand of clothing.

dead man
05-28-2013, 11:08 PM
ive been bumping his 'for the glory' tape for about a week now. im bout to make a donation for this next one cause he has some real talent and im sure this was months of work so i feel bogus ripping it for the free.

Nigma
05-28-2013, 11:13 PM
Daniel Tammet - The boy with the incredible brain Part 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbASOcqc1Ss

Ended up watching this, was an interesting video, thanks!

Nigma
05-28-2013, 11:15 PM
exit through the gift shop

There's a Mexican Cartel One, not positive on name but..."La Firma"

Called the flame or the fire in english. anyways, it's subtitles but I heard that was dope

I just watched one called "The Imposter". It was decent for being a true story. I just wish it had more drama. The Trailer made it sound fucking amazing, it was simply OK though

Not huge on Documentary's but those are the most recent ones I've seen

I assume you've seen "Exit through the gift shop", which is the reason there is nothing written after it. If you haven't seen it you are simply failing in this game we call life

Cool thanks, I'll probably look into one of those.

Nigma I meant to spell it miskeen, which is a brand of clothing.

I accept your apology :)

Adonis
05-29-2013, 12:01 AM
ive been bumping his 'for the glory' tape for about a week now. im bout to make a donation for this next one cause he has some real talent and im sure this was months of work so i feel bogus ripping it for the free.

Word, he's already made $3 off a free album

I'm no mathematician...but that's un-equatable as far as prophet in percentages I think

Adonis
05-29-2013, 12:03 AM
dead man

out of curiosity how have you came across his beats and shit?

dead man
05-29-2013, 12:12 AM
seen him post some stuff over on PR. just clicked out of curiosity but was surprised and actually dl'd the whole thing

i have an uh-oh tape somewhere on here i was fuckin with too come to think of it..

but word. didnt know that was your brother

Pent uP
05-29-2013, 12:19 AM
Poet (his brother) in my opinion is tied for best beatmaker on pr

Adonis
05-29-2013, 01:08 AM
Well...That aint a long list

You got Uh-oh, Finny and poet

Then guys like Beatdemon who just aren't active

but honestly, for my taste anyways, Poet is leagues ahead of Jimbo Slice

Although I must say I have'nt heard anything close to new from DaGod

Blacketh be lurkin though huh?

PR son, Rep that shit

Dove Dozer
05-29-2013, 02:15 AM
I got something for you nigma.. im on military training right now

Dove Dozer
05-29-2013, 02:24 AM
7vyVe-6YdUk&sns=em

Some shit on ufos

Dove Dozer
05-29-2013, 02:24 AM
Shit can someone fix dat link?

Fig
05-29-2013, 04:04 AM
first two battles... two no show wins... how delightful

Soulstice
05-29-2013, 11:34 AM
whats the deal with playoff sign ins king ra Split

Objective
05-29-2013, 02:37 PM
Ended up watching this, was an interesting video, thanks!

Word. I love documentaries about shit like that. Didn't know what you were into so I just threw some shit in there.

Either way, if you don't know which documentary you want to watch and don't really care, Vice youtube channel got a few dope documentaries about different shit. Here's their channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/vice

Zen
05-29-2013, 02:57 PM
Gonzo's the greatest documentary of all time. Seriously.

Witty
05-29-2013, 04:56 PM
Some feed would be awesome if anyone has the time.

I'm gonna get my votes in ASAP

Nigma
05-29-2013, 06:08 PM
Some feed would be awesome if anyone has the time.

I'm gonna get my votes in ASAP

I gotchoo bruddah, will give it a read within the hour

The Dead Poet
05-29-2013, 10:02 PM
starting to vote, spitting each verse to those instrumentals as i go through them.

your brothers got some serious talent, Adonis. thanks for sharing those. do you have a dropbox? just looking to grab those original files if it's possible. won't share them.

appreciate the purchase man. Not sure what originals your talking about. The Samples? If so, I really don't give those out because I take from some obscure genres and feel like I spend most my time digging and listening to shit. If I give those out then someone easily catches the direction i'm heading for looking for shit to chop and fuck that, I put in the work others should to. That being said, if its the samples your looking for, ask me for one depending on which one I might let you know.

hahaha you're confused broham.

I know exactly why though. I posted one of my beats over at PR and someone mentioned I had a Blue Sky Black Death sound. Then Mike Booth asked for their best instrumental album...which in my opinion is For the Glory....so I uploaded it for him. Those beats aren't mine. But they are fresh as fuck.

patrown
05-30-2013, 12:29 AM
Not sure what originals your talking about. The Samples? If so, I really don't give those out because I take from some obscure genres and feel like I spend most my time digging and listening to shit. If I give those out then someone easily catches the direction i'm heading for looking for shit to chop and fuck that, I put in the work others should to. That being said, if its the samples your looking for, ask me for one depending on which one I might let you know.
just wanted files of those tracks so i could put one on repeat, etc. got em now.
thanks anyway though.. like buck65 says, "don't ask what my drums are, 'cause i either won't tell you, or else i got a list of phony records to sell you"

Dove Dozer
05-30-2013, 01:18 AM
sup muhfuckas..

hopefully I'll get writing soon, gonna be a busy as fuck few weeks though, moving august too, so I got soo much to do, but I'll be around. Im also looking for beats The Dead Poet

looking to drop an album in the next year.

Nigma
05-30-2013, 08:19 AM
Get some votes in people. Adonis/Zen only has 2 votes and Zygote/myself at 3

Just Write
05-30-2013, 11:34 AM
I can vote at lunch. And when does the new league start. I cant sign up right now right?

Zen
05-30-2013, 11:56 AM
I really don't know when the next one starts. I was actually hoping we'd have a tournament after the league. I think that'd be dope.

Zen
05-30-2013, 02:07 PM
Can we get some votes? Quicker yall vote, quicker the playoffs start.

Adonis
05-30-2013, 06:56 PM
Ill vote later tonight boys. But if someone knows a mod. We need threads closed and shit yo

Like the people who got no showed and shit

Adonis
05-30-2013, 07:33 PM
I collect stacks like tom brady...in bunches

Word...could make it nice but zall u get

Objective
05-30-2013, 08:19 PM
Zenland & Adonis: Apologize for the brief votes.. But I need some sleep. Enjoyed the reads tho'. Keep it up. ^^

patrown
05-30-2013, 08:56 PM
pent you wrote my damn theme song. double shot of gin, cheers to you sir.

will be throwing more feed into my vote on trap v uno, decision staying the same though.
i'm gonna feed anybody who obviously tried on their no show before midnight....

oh, and uh.. zygote - thanks for the advice on how i could have tied that together. good points.

Adonis
05-30-2013, 10:21 PM
Zenland & Adonis: Apologize for the brief votes.. But I need some sleep. Enjoyed the reads tho'. Keep it up. ^^

Don't apologize, you voted

this is the only thing that matters

Some of us dont have time to post a novel of a vote while living outside of the net

Adonis
05-30-2013, 10:24 PM
Witty

Check your PM box...you get war...took too long so I picked before you

Pent uP
05-30-2013, 10:50 PM
pent you wrote my damn theme song. double shot of gin, cheers to you sir.

will be throwing more feed into my vote on trap v uno, decision staying the same though.
i'm gonna feed anybody who obviously tried on their no show before midnight....

oh, and uh.. zygote - thanks for the advice on how i could have tied that together. good points.

Thats a really sad theme song but thanks for the compliment

Objective - dont wanna clutter my thread but anytime u want critique or opinions pm me..

patrown
05-30-2013, 11:04 PM
it is what it is. yw

Adonis
05-30-2013, 11:34 PM
drink more smoke more live less...my motto

cheers!

Want that feed pent?

didn't ask so you aint gettin shit right now

Pent uP
05-31-2013, 12:07 AM
My outlook is cynical. If you wanted to give it to me you would have

patrown
05-31-2013, 12:07 AM
this voting shit, not working out for me right now. w/e. i'm doin it.

if any body got some free time, and shit..

you're just sitting around.. reading conversational posts in a message board..
do me a favor and cast a vote on tyson vs. me. (my bad im fuckin drunk)
http://netcees.co/showthread.php?t=6681
only zygote showing him love...
tbh i think it's a much closer call than votes are at. help us out ?

Adonis
05-31-2013, 12:11 AM
My outlook is cynical. If you wanted to give it to me you would have

Oh lord...that's a no homo classic

I'm literally telling you to ask me though

Or else I don't care. But...I will regardless I suppose. I will edit you into the mag...OH WAIT

Adonis
05-31-2013, 12:17 AM
patrown

I just want to give a heads up, I am going to be very critical with your verse.But that is good

I see a rediculous amount of un tapped potential in this particular verse and want to help you grow, but I love this weeks drop. It's all constructive brother

But on a side note, from this week to week 5 or so when I first read anything from your....MY FUCKING LAWD MAN, you have improved like Kobe fucking a white girl in Denver...only he did it the wrong way. You did it like Tyson eating a ear for midnight snack, or Keith being MIA this week. basically what I'm saying in layman's terms, GOOD SHIT MAN!

Love the improvement..

edit: prefer DON JULIO over patron 10times out 9...or ALWAYS

patrown
05-31-2013, 12:30 AM
talk as much shit as you want.
with fella netcees,(@textceeing), i'm the gooch, apple in mouth.

if you want constructive criticism holla at me cuz i gave that up when i started noticing grudge votes. i just play nice and keep advice to myself for the most part.

pm'ng you one i spent a week on with random morsels of goodness.

Pent uP
05-31-2013, 12:36 AM
Don julio and casa noble

Adonis
05-31-2013, 01:00 AM
mmmmm

Casa Noble

One All-Organic tequila. Very smooth, I like it. Don Julio leagues ahead as far as personal taste

I like different types of silver, reposado or anejo though

for example

Julio silver is the best
Corralejo Reposado is the best
and for Anejo?

Tough call

But..I guess I could say Tres Generaciones and not bat an eye.

Fun Fact: a bottle of patron silver is say 35 bucks. The same amount of Patron Platinum is 99 bucks...the difference? The bottle or container of Parton Platinum is made of Crystal. but they are identical as far as liquid or non exterial product...True story. I worked in a tequila bar for few years, and enjoy the finer things in life such as...I can go on for ever so I'll stop

Johnnny Walker anything non red is the best in life tho/Thread

Adonis
05-31-2013, 01:07 AM
Objective Figurative Witty

You all receive my feed in the upcoming Mag..Promise

Pent uP
05-31-2013, 01:19 AM
tequila centenario anejommmmm

Casa Noble

One All-Organic tequila. Very smooth, I like it. Don Julio leagues ahead as far as personal taste

I like different types of silver, reposado or anejo though

for example

Julio silver is the best
Corralejo Reposado is the best
and for Anejo?

Tough call

But..I guess I could say Tres Generaciones and not bat an eye.

Fun Fact: a bottle of patron silver is say 35 bucks. The same amount of Patron Platinum is 99 bucks...the difference? The bottle or container of Parton Platinum is made of Crystal. but they are identical as far as liquid or non exterial product...True story. I worked in a tequila bar for few years, and enjoy the finer things in life such as...I can go on for ever so I'll stop

Johnnny Walker anything non red is the best in life tho/Thread
Only anejo for me

Also centenario

Johnny walker is cool I prefer single malt scotch's ....glen farclass and glenfiddich

patrown
05-31-2013, 02:22 AM
haven't tried a new tequila in a while.. but Aberlour = best single malt i've had. abo. 40 bucks a fifth though.

zen if i missed anything, pm me eh? i spent enough time theorizing to warrant a request.

Adonis
05-31-2013, 02:50 AM
pohfig

No lie, I tried really hard to remember the name centinario

There silver tastest like asshole. But rep. And anejo are bomb meaning the best you will have.

But saying silver is whack is dumb. I love a good anejo or repo. But to this day if I could chose one drink to sip until I die. One alone. Don Julio silver is the best thing on earth. I hate there anejo and repo is decent @ best. But there silver tastes like gods semen

Oh, no homo???? Not sure if that counts

But its true.

Adonis
05-31-2013, 02:55 AM
Best tequilas periord in order

Don Julio
Corallejo
Gran centenario
Noble and Tres Generaciones are about even

Damn I miss being the boss @ my old tequila bar. That is and was the best job I'll have ever had

But now I'm a union worker and actually enjoy it soo...

Benifits>free liqour since I created seedlings un-willingly

Objective
05-31-2013, 06:31 AM
pohfig: I appreciate that a lot and I'll probably take you up on it later on. Feel free to do the same with me if you want to.

Red glare
05-31-2013, 01:14 PM
Pohfig -- goodluck man -- I hope you clinch it.

This way it's like I won 2. Know what I'm saying? Aha

trap.
05-31-2013, 04:26 PM
so are the mods slacking or something? what needs to be done here?

Zen
05-31-2013, 04:37 PM
Adonis it looks like you're gonna pull the win after I started off strong. God damn you.
But to all those who didn't understand my verse I won't tell you what it meant it's for you to figure out. Check back in this thread I predicted noone would get it lol.

Fig
05-31-2013, 04:48 PM
Ahem...

Whats goin on in this place? Keith?

Adonis
05-31-2013, 04:53 PM
Adonis it looks like you're gonna pull the win after I started off strong. God damn you.
But to all those who didn't understand my verse I won't tell you what it meant it's for you to figure out. Check back in this thread I predicted noone would get it lol.

Not even me?

I forget what your verse was but I know I pm'd you my thoughts and forgot it all

But our battle is still I alive bro, I think I'm up one right now

That aint shit

Also...Should we be taking applications for Stand In Mod until Keith returns from VACA?

Adonis
05-31-2013, 05:00 PM
Genocide

Yo bro, can you open the playoff sign in thread here

http://netcees.co/showthread.php?t=6675

We need to find out who will be participating and Keith is Awol

Thanks

Zen
05-31-2013, 05:02 PM
Yeah only you got it Adonis.

Adonis
05-31-2013, 05:08 PM
Dope

I vote Zenland for muff diver of the night

I'm out bitches..Pent I owe you feed. Will do later

Off to a Malibu Smaller "Mansion" for pool, sun shine, and brew

FUCK YOUR LIVES EQUALLY

cept Zen, fuck his more until our battle is complete

Adonis
05-31-2013, 05:13 PM
Before I leave though Zenland Mike Wrecka IamBenT Red glare and the rest of league

Should we make a thread where we can say who we think had the best verse, best battle etc etc?

Or just post who we would vote for various Crowns here?

IamBenT
05-31-2013, 05:28 PM
Damn I was just about to post my vote for the champ match!! wow..
Adonis, i feel it should be its own thread cuz thats gonna spark up alot of discussion and debate, i think

trap.
05-31-2013, 05:31 PM
Damn I was just about to post my vote for the champ match!! wow..
Adonis, i feel it should be its own thread cuz thats gonna spark up alot of discussion and debate, i think

sorry man, shit was up for too long so i just took some initiative to close all the battles and tally up the votes.

i didn't do figs battle though because the rules are a little weird concerning extensions and when to get the verses in after that so i wasn't sure how the AOWL mods do that -- whether with leeway just for posting a verse or lateness.

hopefully someone shows up.

Adonis
05-31-2013, 05:36 PM
well, someone is behind the scenes

I assume Keith

So I will let him do his own thing
King Ra.

holla if you need anything from my end

Adonis
05-31-2013, 05:37 PM
oh it's trap

Thanks for moving shit along brother

Open the playoff thread though please young man

Pent uP
05-31-2013, 05:39 PM
Pohfig -- goodluck man -- I hope you clinch it.

This way it's like I won 2. Know what I'm saying? Aha

U never responded to me..where else did we battle.