PDA

View Full Version : Week 10: 15. Smegma (0-1) vs. 16. Certain (1-2) \\ Certain wins via forfeit

Certain
04-28-2014, 04:09 AM
http://i.imgur.com/uAJesXX.png

Season 3

The Basics | Read the full rules here (http://netcees.co/showthread.php?t=54688).

Verses are due Friday at 11:59 p.m. PT. THERE ARE NO EXTENSIONS.

Votes are due Sunday at 11:59 p.m. PT.

Verses may not exceed 48 lines or 650 words unless agreed upon by the opponent.

Voting on three battles is required. If you win and don't vote, you will receive a loss instead. If you lose and don't vote, you will receive a one-week suspension. Please post links to your three votes in this thread (http://netcees.co/showthread.php?t=68449).

Topic

“Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.” — Ben Franklin

Good luck, Smegma and Certain.

millz
05-02-2014, 12:39 AM
I concede. Vote on another battle. Smh

Certain
05-03-2014, 02:52 AM
Donny knew happiness wasn't just a state of mind,
but the pills did more than that: They made him high.
So when he popped the blues that pitched his tent,
he'd split and get some pussy.
Come on faces. Spray 'em blind.

I've been married for 40 years. She once had me in deep,
but now her meat curtains flap like a flag in a breeze.
Crow's feet crown her eyes, and the ugliest yet?
She still tans, but now her skin looks like a crusty baguette.
It's disgustingly stretched. I can't even touch her tits
without thinking of how our children made lunch of it.
One of our sons OD'd. Probably trying to avoid
thinking about the time as a boy he saw us grinding with toys.

Yeah, things used to be wild in these Hollywood nights,
but it was time to move on, maybe to that blonde in the tights.
Or how about that saucy Latina? They're only good for a fuck.
Can't pay the bills and blast music from the hoods of their trucks.
But she's got juicy lips, big tits and a craving for blow,
and as the blue pills kick in, my dick's main flavor is dough.
See, kids, the richer the man, the better the ass he gets.
These whores are looking for flashiness and cooking up nasty sex.
I get spanked by hookers with ample breasts while wearing panties.

Then I buy her fur and diamonds and give her front-row seats,
and she has the nerve to show up with one of these?
I mean, seriously, babe, I know you don't love me like Clipse.
But that doesn't mean you go thugging with Clipse.
I mean, what the fuck? Who are these gorillas in my midst?
I gave you prime-time seats to watch my Clips,
and you gave them away to some ex-slaves with humongous dicks.
Let's have a conversation about your disgustingness.

Oh, you were recording?

Zombie
05-03-2014, 03:00 AM
I dislike that certains verse resonated so deeply with what's been going on, and I also dislike that I know the reference - but in my defense it's because it's been blasted in news outlets for a while now.
Smegma delivered a tightly wound piece that converted nicely. The wording got really descriptive and waned off a bit - this was ok. Certain demonstrated decent mechanics, but didn't need that here with just a ball of kapowey. Good stuff, and he sort of took the bait with the first thing that he thought of. Excellent. Vote/ Certain. Smegma's piece I may add, was excellent as well, but with what certain delivered, it's a tip of the hat.

zygote
05-03-2014, 11:06 AM
That way of writing separating the statement with the explanation by dashes was interesting. It was stylistically distinct. Also interesting in that there weren’t many ‘little words’ things like “the” “and” “of” “are” all these words that are used commonly in normal writing were minimized. It gave the writing a cool kind of feel. E.g., “Western Medicine Theory - indoctrinate the masses.
Fear driven Malpractice; Profits through the traffic.” Perhaps many voters might dislike lines like “Polar Ice Caps Melting; Evapotranspiration
perpetuated through human overpopulation.” it seems kind of jargon-heavy but it also seems like that was your objective. If there’s any major criticism it’s that, in comparison, your overall theme wasn’t that clear.
Very humorous and topical writing considering the recent basket ball controversy as a homage. Some of the jokes were a bit off putting, but I must admit to laughing at the da lench mob reference. I think you demonstrated the absurdity of racism well with jokes like that. Also juxtaposing the extreme wealth with the extreme kinky habits made for a good comment. Voting for Certain.

timeless
05-03-2014, 12:01 PM
Smegma, I enjoyed this, felt your piece lacked an overall subject to it, or a theme I should say. Kind of seem like you just made it stick at the ending, after a verse full of apocolyptic nightmares. Mix bag of lines that I either enjoyed or didnt enjoy. Many seem forced, but necessary at the same time. Flowed surprisingly well, I felt the intro/first 8lines couldve been portrayed better. Good reads though nonetheless.

Certain, meat curtains line was dope, really set the tone for the read. Overall this was a damn good read. Would make a hilarious script for a music video, dunno who would play sterling though, probably oats. Writing wise, it took a nose dive after the middle of the second part imo, seems like you rushed it a bit, but it worked out either way wasnt nothing bad.

Both enjoyable reads. I felt like smegma put more thought into his but came out short on a good idea. Certain had the better take on the topic and it worked out in his favor.

V. Certain