PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Seeds/ Chat and Predictions

Adonis
06-04-2013, 07:09 PM
16 man tourney...will post threads after I'm done with the Killa Kali Sunshine @ the Beach

Platinum Conference

1. pohfig
2. zygote
3. Red glare
4. Adonis
5. IamBenT
6. Zenland
7. Split
8. TopicalDood5

Titatnium Conference

1. Frank
2. Mike Wrecka
3. patrown
4. Nigma
5. Objective
6. @ DeadMan
7. Witty
8. Genocide

two Alternates just in case...#1 @Cereal Killa #2 Innovator #3 If you wish but doubtful we have three no shows Atheist @Kuja

Seeds will be
1 vs 8
2 vs 7
3 vs 6
4 vs 5

regular format so if 1, 2, 3 and 4 seeds win next round would be 1 vs. 4 and 2 vs 3

No re-seeding...Traditional NCAA tournament or NBA Tournament

Single Elimintation
Any questions holler

Predictions here along with chat and anything else.

This is set and writen in stone, bitching is futile

Not everyone will be pleased, but it is what it is yo.

OUT

Adonis
06-04-2013, 07:11 PM
Anyone know a good website I can pull picture topics from???

Fig
06-04-2013, 07:14 PM
Looking forward to adonis and bent...

There's some other dope match up too damn

Inno
06-04-2013, 07:19 PM
So what am i doing? Lol

Cereal_Killa
06-04-2013, 07:49 PM
Deviantart.com

Cereal_Killa
06-04-2013, 07:50 PM
But can u pull me from the replacements.. I gotta get my g on :)

Adonis
06-04-2013, 07:57 PM
For sure Cereal_Killa
Innovator

if there is a no show in any conference then you get to take there spot

What happens is I send you a topic via PM. You write to it. Then PM me your verse by Saturday and whoever no shows you get there spot, and a chance in the playoffs.

Inno
06-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Got it my nigga

Objective
06-04-2013, 08:20 PM
Anyone know a good website I can pull picture topics from???

Google images: Surrealistic art, morbid photography, vivid manipulation etc. and whatever in those categories should give you some interesting pictures to choose from.

Also stuff that has to do with; Silent abuse, subtle violence etc. Just put artwork/project or whatever to it as well and you should get some dope results.

zygote
06-04-2013, 08:25 PM
Based on the quality of previous weeks during the regular season the topics with the best turn out/number of entertaining contests were; the week with "this is a SPLIT topic" and the week with the short phrase with double meanings - Adonis we had "innocence born from contempt" that week. If you look back through the season those topics stimulated competition and creative writing.

Nigma
06-04-2013, 08:29 PM
Platinum
Pohfig vs TopicalDood5 - Sweet fuck, Pohfigs been top 3 fav of mine in the league and I'm pretty sure Topical would be up in there as well if I was more familiar with his work. Was very impressed by what I've read from him thus far, however I can't go against Pohfig on this one. Early BotW candidate.

Zygote vs Split - Split is my broseph but Zygote has had an absolutely incredible season I don't see him allowing himself to be knocked out first round.

Red Glare vs Zenland - Ermagerd, haven't bolded a name as of yet.. This one is going to be cloooooose. Read some memorable pieces from Zen that have been reeeeally fucking dope but I remember reading fire from Red most recently, he gets the last second bolding here.

Adonis vs IamBenT - Wow another one where I have to actually sit back and think.. Be it luck of the draw or straight up serendipity, I can't believe how dope these matchups look. Taking this season into consideration it is a fitting end.. Adonis had a fire season no doubt. Went from a relative unknown on my personal radar to someone I respect. After writing that, the exact same can be said for BenT.. I think this battle will be decided by a vote, and that the vote will be influenced by this post, so I'm giving BenT the bold because Adonis is the hero we need to run this league and he can't be wasting his time participating as well! I jk of course but for real, we all appreciate you stepping up and keeping this ball rolling.

Titanium
Frank vs Genocide - Fawwwkkkk is Frank still alive even? I hope this match goes down because it would make for one hell of a read. I can't recall these two clashing before but it would be epic. I gave Gen the bold because of the two, I generally enjoy his writing more.. Obviously no insult to Frank as he too is one of this sites finest writers. Hope both show up for this one, I'ma keep my eye on it.

Mike Wrecka vs Witty - Ahhh these two motherfuckers!!! Mike and Witty have come with some hot verses this season. I also can recall at least one verse from each that I feel didn't live up to their writing potential, however I expect to both posting with their game faces for this one. Gonna give Witty the slight edge although this is definitely one I could be wrong on.

Patrown vs DeadMan - Patrown could be the unluckiest 3rd seed in the existence of seeding. --> IF <-- Dead shows, you've got to like his odds here. He's been on and off lately, can't remember the last time I vibed out to one of his verses. Patrown is no slouch though and can definitely put together a solid verse, but I feel that if both post, and do so at their potential, Dead takes this.

Nigma vs Objective - I'm going to devour your soul, bitch.

Adonis
06-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Word...This week I've been working hard on a bunch of shit and simply don't have the time nor desire to delay the opening round another day

It will be pictures because obviously that is quickest for me

As for the other topics, I will need help with them please. If you have anything to contribute for next week let me know via PM and we can get a list together and use that as topics.

Also, horrible example because I fucking hated that topic. I hated that verse, and hated you that week. <3

Nigma

Pure LOLZ bro, i hate you

but you're prediction on your own battle is HOF worthy

Nigma
06-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Based on the quality of previous weeks during the regular season the topics with the best turn out/number of entertaining contests were; the week with "this is a SPLIT topic" and the week with the short phrase with double meanings - Adonis we had "innocence born from contempt" that week. If you look back through the season those topics stimulated competition and creative writing.

I feel what Zygote is saying, especially short phrases with varied implicit meaning. A past topic I had that is a prime example would be: "Heart of Gold".

At the end of the day, we can't rely on Adonis to carry all the weight and expect him to make everyone happy. Help the homie out a bit with these topics

Nigma
06-04-2013, 08:38 PM
Adonis Lulz and luv bro. Hate is a prerequisite <3

Adonis
06-04-2013, 08:44 PM
One of the dopest lines ever

Slug - "I love to hate you, hate to love you....hate always ends up above"

Objective
06-04-2013, 08:55 PM
Nigma vs Objective - I'm going to devour your soul, bitch.

That's just like, your opinion man.

IamBenT
06-04-2013, 09:37 PM
Fantastic breakdown from Nigma on the predictions. Some great looking matchups, imma post my predictions as well, and give yall the stone cold LOCKS of this huge first week in the playoffs. I'm hyped, i know my opponent is hyped, and fully expect to give poh and topical a run for their money in BOTW voting.

Predics coming soon

Adonis
06-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Word Bent

I been wanting to battle you all season...Fitting I guess

But you get -2 votes for having a gay as shit avy

Pent uP
06-04-2013, 10:02 PM
this is horseshit

Objective
06-04-2013, 10:20 PM
Goddamn Geno & Frank got a dope fucking picture.

Pent uP
06-04-2013, 10:49 PM
requesting a topic change.

EtH
06-04-2013, 11:42 PM
I'm gonna try and drop some votes on this to repay my lifetime of no showing.

Nigma
06-04-2013, 11:55 PM
That's just like, your opinion man.

Dun wry, I'm just hyping myself up for this, it's gonna be a ballin matchup for sure broseph

Adonis
06-05-2013, 12:57 AM

Not all fancy's are meant to be tickled

Enjoy life or not, I prefer to enjoy 92.3% of the time

VividEnds
06-05-2013, 01:13 AM
Pohfig's topic is on some faggot shit

patrown
06-05-2013, 03:05 AM
i love your sense of humor. matchups are glorious.
topics so far, looking magnificent. great shit. all the way.

IamBenT
06-05-2013, 10:00 AM
*These are just opinions. Please keep your butt from getting hurt. That is all*

Platinum
Pohfig vs TopicalDood5 -This has the potential for upset written all over it. Topical is one of my fav writers in the league, and if it wasnt for a super verse from Vulg and a no-show, this dude would be undefeated and most likely a champ or one of the best to rip it this year in the league. Pohfig is excellence in every aspect of the game, but had a few stumbles this year. Just looking at his response to the topic, he may lack the motivation to drop a gem, but this should be BOTW in my opinion. Giving Top the slight edge if he comes with it.

Zygote vs Split - A great matchup between a thorough writer and a poet with troublesome internet availability. I expect strong showings from both, but will not be surprised if Zygote gives us a B- level verse, much as he did against Zeedee in the last champ match. If he does, look for a close match, because perhaps Split has a little hunger in him and will decide to write a strong piece. If he does, there is a chance he could take it. But tbt the ball is in Zygote's court and I feel he would have to slack and Split would have to step it up, for Zy to catch a loss. He's just really really good, even with "throw away" verses.

Red Glare vs Zenland - I see a very possible upset here. Ever since the 100-bar fiasco, haven't seen or heard much from RG. Don't get me wrong, he has all the tools in the toolbox to make a deep run. But Zen has really caught my eye, as he has turned his focus to coupling his awesome rhyming skills with telling engaging stories and a stronger attention to detail. I feel that if he drops a full and creative 48, he can take this and shock most of us around here. We know RG can do the max, but can he recreate the excitement and wonder of "Superman" or or the emotional intensity of "Ambulance"? Dont know, man.

Titanium

Frank vs Genocide - Tougher battle than it looks, because Geno is so talented, just a peek at the open mic will tell you that. His flow is strong, and can just put things together so naturally. I fear, however, that Frank has reenergized into beast mode, and things shall get very hairy for all of his opponents. we all know he can go Max Lines with ease, and his sense of plot, character, and description, as well as the flexibility to go topical and do it well, just give him too many weapons here.

Mike Wrecka vs Witty - A heartwrencher for me as Im forced to watch two of my crewmates put it all on the line for the greater glory of the AOWL undisputed champ belt. Witty is such an underrated force, able to do everything and do it well, but Mike is the paragon of consistent excellence. I see him stepping it up yet another notch and storming this battle, strong. I would like to cheer for the boy and his ugly fox, but I just don't see big Mike losing.

Patrown vs DeadMan - Damn Patrizzy. Great to see you in the playoffs, you have gone a long way in your writing and some of the pieces I have read from you this year have been mesmerizing. that said, this a mighty foe in DeadMan, he's toppled writing legends, and can weave tales that are extraordinary to say the least. I hope you slap us all in the face and prove us wrong, Patrown, cuz you are a cool dude.. but Dead is the favorite here.

Nigma vs Objective -I really love the strides Objective has taken over the last few weeks in crafting creative and eye-popping rhymes with whip-smart stories, but i feel he still has a bit to go. Nigma at full strength and with a solid show will win this battle, but it may go close as I know that several folks following objective are really seeing him come into his own. Gonna be a great match

That's all i got fellas. See you at the finish line.

Mike Wrecka
06-05-2013, 11:15 AM

you could do so much with that topic tbh

IamBenT
06-05-2013, 02:51 PM
I have been staring at my topic for 10 minutes now and...

nothing.

Must be a good sign.

TYSON
06-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Hate I didn't participate in this...

Nigma
06-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Damn I'm gonna have a verse ready before the deadline for a change. I should be posting tonight or tomorrow Objective

Objective
06-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Damn I'm gonna have a verse ready before the deadline for a change. I should be posting tonight or tomorrow Objective

Do whatever you want. I'm busy this week as well. Haven't been home for 3 weeks now. Been sleeping over at other peoples houses and I'm currently visiting my mother, lol. Just hope that I get to write some decent stuff now that I should be writing the best shit to date rather than focusing on real life people, haha.

Zen
06-06-2013, 12:07 PM
I'm signing out. Won't be online much for awhile Adonis. Peace AOWL.

Soulstice
06-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Pohfig vs TopicalDood5. almost definitely battle of the week
Zygote vs Split
Red Glare vs Zenland
Adonis vs IamBenT - oatmeal is so improved from last ive seen him. he could beat anyone if he comes his hardest
Titanium
Frank vs Genocide
Mike Wrecka vs Witty -
Patrown vs DeadMan - if he shows hell win. the most consistently dope writer maybe out of anyone ive ever read
Nigma vs Objective

Mike Wrecka
06-06-2013, 05:30 PM
topical dood reveal your alias after the tourney oh I mean league playoffs. whoops

Geno
06-06-2013, 06:23 PM
Blacks the man
Franks got his hands full if he shows @ topicaldood5

Adonis
06-06-2013, 06:37 PM
I'm signing out. Won't be online much for awhile Adonis. Peace AOWL.

No need to sign out. Its playoffs. But you are now switched with alternate

Adonis
06-06-2013, 06:59 PM
Frank zygote

I know one of you, not sure which...was talking to me about topics

I'm going to need help this week getting some because I simply don't have much time.

I'm sitting down now to write my verse, then I go camping/Birthday bash weekend

Come back on Monday on my grind working again and not Sure how I'm going to fit certain stuff into schedule League wise

So if anyone in this league can 1. Come up with a concept for Topics and 2. PM me them that would be fucking amazing. There will be a total of 8 battles next week..If you can't come up with 8 good ones do what you can and I will help out.

Next week's battles will be up along with topics by Wednesday mid day Nigma and any other foreign bitches we may have

Adonis
06-06-2013, 07:00 PM
Pohfig vs TopicalDood5. almost definitely battle of the week
Zygote vs Split
Red Glare vs Zenland
Adonis vs IamBenT - oatmeal is so improved from last ive seen him. he could beat anyone if he comes his hardest
Titanium
Frank vs Genocide
Mike Wrecka vs Witty -
Patrown vs DeadMan - if he shows hell win. the most consistently dope writer maybe out of anyone ive ever read
Nigma vs Objective

Hold up

IamBenT , you are OATMEAL from Project Rhyme a few seasons ago?

Adonis
06-06-2013, 07:06 PM
Nigma vs. Objective - I think this will be very close. I would say OB with the slight edge but as he posted about lack of time I'll go Nigma cuz He seemed pumped about topic or somthing this week

Frank vs. Genocide - I want to go Frank, but I don't think he's wrote in like a month here...Oh wait, Geno hasn't in double that....Weird match, maybe a rusty one? I've liked every verse Geno has produced so he wins by a vote??

Mike Wrecka vs. Witty - I'll go Mike Wrecka...But stylistically you two are extremely similar which calls for a dope match...Should be a good one.

Pohfig vs. Topical - I'll go Pent up just cause he's PR, but this WILL be a great read from both

Patrown vs. DeadMan -Patrown easy. Dead just hasn't had it all season.

Glare vs. Zenland - Not sure if Zenland is even going to show??? But no matter which one shows, either Zen or alternate I got Glare going beast mode ala him vs. Pohfig part 1

Zygote vs. Split - I doubt I vote against Zygote until he loses or faces me

Me vs. Bent - Bent sucks didick so....I CUM correct naddimean?

Witty
06-07-2013, 07:30 AM
Couldn't have picked a better opponent if I had tried.

Psyched for this tbh.

Frank
06-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Yo Genocide -- You the least qualified entry in topical league history.

Geno
06-07-2013, 12:30 PM
We shall see former partner

Geno
06-07-2013, 12:32 PM
Adonis

Iambent is not oatmeal
Oats is oatmeal.

Witty
06-07-2013, 02:47 PM
Mike Wrecka - Please allow me to go 60 lol I've been dying to do it all season, that's how long all of my pieces normally are.

Soulstice
06-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Adonis

Iambent is not oatmeal
Oats is oatmeal.

does oatmeal post here?
and who is iambent?

dead man
06-07-2013, 05:26 PM
oats

oats
06-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Sup

Mike Wrecka
06-07-2013, 05:55 PM
Mike Wrecka - Please allow me to go 60 lol I've been dying to do it all season, that's how long all of my pieces normally are.

damn bro really? my verse is done and its thirty lines

Coup
06-07-2013, 06:03 PM
I'm pulling for Bent in this...good luck cat
IamBenT you're not in 'pen and thread' anymore ??? lol herp derp

Nigma
06-07-2013, 06:29 PM
I'm pulling for Bent in this...good luck cat
IamBenT you're not in 'pen and thread' anymore ??? lol herp derp

Yahweh tever man

Coup
06-07-2013, 06:59 PM
what up Nigma...you so blue you greener than purple

Nigma
06-07-2013, 07:01 PM
Coup You sound so rough the touch of its quiet brah

Coup
06-07-2013, 07:16 PM
diamond in the rough

edit: what r we talkin about?

Nigma
06-07-2013, 07:53 PM
It's more fun if neither of us have any idea

Split
06-07-2013, 07:54 PM
ABOVE THE VETS

Mike Wrecka
06-07-2013, 10:14 PM
all I know is everyone should vote on every battle

fourteen votes per battle would be dope

Adonis
06-08-2013, 12:15 AM
@ store camping...wasn't joking on someone needs to shoot the topics. I get home and threads are going up. Not tryna last minute topics boys. Chea. Lake Casitas, brew, smores what's good?

patrown
06-08-2013, 01:10 AM
Mike Wrecka agreed.

Coup
06-08-2013, 11:48 AM
can non competitors cast unbiased, honest, constructive votes ? If not, that is cool. If so, cool. I'm excited for this even though I am not a competitor.

GOOD LUCK HAVE FUN

Mike Wrecka
06-08-2013, 12:51 PM
id say Coup could vote since he was in this league for a few weeks. but the decision is not up to me.

Geno
06-08-2013, 12:51 PM
Coup

Definitely. The more voters the better. I think everyone should be allowed to vote. Keep it unbiased and professional. My only thing about it is this... I feel if your gonna vote, you should vote on at least four like everyone else. Seeing a non competitor cast a vote on one battle seems sketchy if you know what I mean. But ya.. definitely come and vote on as many battles as you can.

Coup
06-08-2013, 04:10 PM
for sure, it's questionable to just drop one vote and bounce....gotta do at least 4 min....agree on that

edit:

and since I already said I'm pulling for bent, I'm not even going to vote on that battle to avoid any controversy...

IamBenT
06-08-2013, 10:13 PM
lol

WHADDAP COUP! HOly CRAp

NO doubt man this league needs your voting prowess and feedback, brother.

Also, I am not Oatmeal lol or Yogurt. Or Cereal. Or Grits. or Hotcakes. Or none of that.

I AM BENT

Ok gonna be dropping soon, may go a FEW over the deadline, depends on when I can put the kid to sleep lol Keep reppin yall

Objective
06-09-2013, 10:56 AM
all I know is everyone should vote on every battle

fourteen votes per battle would be dope

Idk, I don't feel comfortable voting on battles with crewmembers in them. Afraid someone is going to feel it's biased if I end up voting for someone in ATR, especially if it's a close match.

zygote
06-09-2013, 11:35 AM
O.K. to Split Eight I agree with your extension terms. Also, preemptively grant extension to any future competitors with no exceptions.

Geno
06-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Ya, I know what you mean Objective. But ask anyone.. geno never votes biased. Even if it means going against the team. I keeps it real. Shit, when I was in zygotes crew on netcees 1.0 ..I'm pretty sure I voted against him once or twice. Even voted against frank when me and him were in vetwork together.

Pretty much -if you get genos vote, its well deserved and never fucking un-honest. Just saying.

Objective
06-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Word, I'm the same, just how others will percieve me like that as well. Note to ya'll: If someone don't want me to vote in whatever battle ATR is in, feel free to say so and I'll stay out. But I'll never be fake with my votes.

trap.
06-09-2013, 01:21 PM
Keith show up yet?

Geno
06-09-2013, 01:36 PM
Not to my knowldge.

dead man
06-09-2013, 02:10 PM
geno i appreciate the kind words in the OM mag. you is good people

Objective
06-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Nigma: Dope fucking piece man. Best of luck! (I deleted excess posts I had in the thread.) Looking forward to see what people got to say about this shit.

Nigma
06-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Fuck yeah, we are the dopest open battle BY FAR at the moment. I enjoyed your piece too broseph, best of luck to you.

EtH
06-09-2013, 08:17 PM
Am I allowed to vote on anything?

Adonis
06-09-2013, 09:03 PM
Am I allowed to vote on anything?

Yes, as long as you vote on a few

EtH
06-09-2013, 09:17 PM
Yeah no bother. I joined one in AOB, as well as no showing a few later weeks in the ISTL, so I feel like this will be my redemption for it :D.

Is it cool if I just vote for the people I know as well?

:D

Nigma
06-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Only if you know me

Adonis
06-09-2013, 10:53 PM
Yeah no bother. I joined one in AOB, as well as no showing a few later weeks in the ISTL, so I feel like this will be my redemption for it :D.

Is it cool if I just vote for the people I know as well?

:D

Yeah, as long as you follow voting criteria in each thread.

EtH
06-09-2013, 11:24 PM
Apparently I'm not allowed to know you Nigma. That PM you received on RR saw my 2008 acc get banned.

dead man
06-10-2013, 12:06 AM
in case patrown thought it wasnt going down

guess again bitch

Nigma
06-10-2013, 12:42 AM
Apparently I'm not allowed to know you Nigma. That PM you received on RR saw my 2008 acc get banned.
Which pm? I just joined that site

IamBenT
06-10-2013, 03:07 AM
no doubt, sorry for the lateness but its there. will be voting tomorrow after some sleep lol

zygote
06-10-2013, 06:28 AM
There is a similar tournamet at a different website I have been perusing the competitors and it is very funny.
http://www.letsbeef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131167
Read the second competitor if you want to laugh, some of the lines are great satire (e.g., Eddie Murphy and the "500 MINI CHINKS" part).

EtH
06-10-2013, 08:41 AM
^Sending you a link like that Nigma :D.

To be fair the guy had never done a topical before and didn't even know to uncap his rhymes.

Pent uP
06-10-2013, 12:10 PM
Shouldve done top 8 like I said

Red glare
06-10-2013, 03:52 PM
Close the battles. What's done is done. Looking forward to next round.

Mike Wrecka
06-10-2013, 04:27 PM
lets not forget that Adonis does have some alternate verses that were sent to him before the deadline. I expect that he will post those up accordingly

Frank
06-10-2013, 06:31 PM
I'm straight. I'm not getting swindled my man.

I had a few alternates lined up but even they did not send me verses!-Adonis

I'll be damned if you let somebody who didn't even qualify for playoffs get ample time to produce a alternative verse GTFOH

I'll vote in a few

oats
06-10-2013, 07:48 PM
Adonis who were you on PR?

I'm trying to keep track of all these aliases. pohfig is Pent? Is Black in here?

ZeeDee
06-10-2013, 08:22 PM
this is horseshit

more like RM Jr. with gay ass Trap still making shit incredibly gay... just like he did at RM and this time he has homo help

Mike Wrecka
06-10-2013, 08:29 PM
ZeeDee you are a very confused individual. no one is or was against you here. you champed the league because we voted for you. if you had asked the mods for the title in a request that was a clear and coherent sentence they would have responded and done that for you. instead you throw hissy fits over nothing.

Adonis
06-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Adonis who were you on PR?

I'm trying to keep track of all these aliases. pohfig is Pent? Is Black in here?

Nah, no Alias. I think the single season you did in the RHYME i had my first or second child just born. So all I did was Mag work instead of writing cuz I didn't have the time.

But you were good, we remember that

Adonis
06-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Not Sure if I will have time for mag...But I had a question about the Final Championship match

1. We can go no topic, and let the last two do whatever there heart can muster
2. We can wait until Final four and let them decide the topic for the Finals
3. I pick something when we know who it is

???

Also, which topic for round 2?

Pics
quotes
"the opposites" or having two sides from each writer like love/hate and shit???
Or if someone else has a decent/newer idea I'd love to hear it

1. pohfig
2. zygote
3. Red glare
4. Adonis
5. IamBenT

8. TopicalDood5

Titatnium Conference

1. Frank
2. Mike Wrecka
3. patrown
4. Nigma
5. Objective
6. dead man
7. Witty

Pent uP
06-10-2013, 09:46 PM
None of that opposite shit.

Adonis
06-10-2013, 10:17 PM
A fucking Suggestion would help Pent

I'm running on fumes here bro. No joke.

I don't think many people liked my choices on topics this week, hence the reason I'm asking

But if push comes to shove I might look into some new shit for yall...but I don't want to

Pent uP
06-10-2013, 10:22 PM
I said 8 man not sixteen

Look at who no showed - mostly ppl who were barely let in

U didnt listen to me then so why would I think u were looking for input now

My input this: throw uo a topics thread and distribute topics to the next two rounds

Worry about the finals later

dead man
06-10-2013, 10:25 PM
I said 8 man not sixteen

Look at who no showed - mostly ppl who were barely let in

U didnt listen to me then so why would I think u were looking for input now

My input this: throw uo a topics thread and distribute topics to the next two rounds

Worry about the finals later
this plz

Adonis
06-10-2013, 10:25 PM
That is good input

But I refused to make it a 8 man thing. It's not fair that all season long we were grouped in Divisions that meant nothing, then if you don't win your division your done

Everyone who got in the playoffs contributed enough in the season.

Even your competitor, I know he would've contributed more if he knew he had to rack up a extra handful of wins to compete in the bracket

Don't matter now.

Split
06-10-2013, 10:27 PM
ill post in the OM. Adonis I got a temp PC set up so I can assist moddig

Adonis
06-10-2013, 10:30 PM
Word...Holler at me with what?

I don't know anymore. I suddenly remember why I hate being mod in a matter of seconds.

But it hasn't been that bad.

But I did take the advice and create a topics thread where I can pull from.

But if Zy is cool with you posting some shit tonight, his vote is the only one that counts Fuck the Rest

dead man
06-10-2013, 10:40 PM
i know we all vastly appreciate what you've done this season especially as a newcomer to the site Adonis

mods for these leagues that wind up as giant time commitments are really the backbone of our fun here.

hats off to you good sirs

Adonis
06-10-2013, 10:48 PM
Nah, I get that bro. I watched my homesite hold the greatest leagues in history for many years become a place where a simple 8 man playoff has more no shows then shows.

I miss that shit. So in order for it to continue someone has to be gritty and shit

I have no problem being that, it's not fun but eventually I will lose the will to please people and just do me. Which isn't bad
Red glare

I just want you to know why I extended the extension...We would've gone directly to a three-way finals match.

This league and Keith deserved more then that
King Ra. much love brother. Hope you get out of prison, or wake up from the dirt nap soon

oats
06-10-2013, 11:11 PM
Nah, no Alias. I think the single season you did in the RHYME i had my first or second child just born. So all I did was Mag work instead of writing cuz I didn't have the time.

But you were good, we remember that

Boldface blowing my mind there, but I appreciate the kind words.

Pent uP
06-10-2013, 11:26 PM
Oats you are one of the most interesting writers concept wise no lie. Your execution is just a little to predictable/linear at times.

While im saying it I think black has the most consist dopest takes on topics in terms of topically not stories

Love u all no homo just drunk

Adonis
06-10-2013, 11:54 PM
Wish I was drunk

Broke as shit yo

May you never have kids!!

Split
06-10-2013, 11:58 PM
I read some Oats v Black for RIA/ RB that was dope as fuck

oats
06-11-2013, 01:51 AM
Appreciate the love, Pent. You're def one of the few elite writers that I look forward to reading.

patrown
06-11-2013, 02:31 AM
i second just about.. all that^..
trying my best to focus on votes. they'll be coming slowly, but i'll leave no man behind.

Pent uP
06-11-2013, 02:36 AM
Appreciate the love, Pent. You're def one of the few elite writers that I look forward to reading.

Gotta survive first. Souls a monster

oats
06-11-2013, 02:58 AM
Gotta survive first. Souls a monster

topicaldood is soulstice?

there's much better competition here than my initial gander led me to believe. I'll def be voting on these tomorrow (state holiday bitches)

Objective
06-11-2013, 12:32 PM
i know we all vastly appreciate what you've done this season especially as a newcomer to the site Adonis

mods for these leagues that wind up as giant time commitments are really the backbone of our fun here.

hats off to you good sirs

I second this and what Pohfig said about opposites. That shit's wack as hell. Picture topics never grow old tho'.

Adonis
06-11-2013, 02:13 PM
Anyone down for all Banksy art topics next week?

They are all politcal art see. Pohfig vs. Topicaldood5 for references

EtH
06-11-2013, 02:15 PM
I plan on voting on everything tonight, if they are all still up.

Witty
06-11-2013, 02:32 PM

That would be awesome.

Nigma
06-11-2013, 05:23 PM

Yes

Ink
06-11-2013, 08:56 PM
haven't checked out the verses yet but damn.. Adonis vs. Bent?
battle of the week material... how are you going to send one of these two home in the first round? x.x

Adonis
06-11-2013, 09:59 PM
Wait...so You're saying we get battle of the week without reading them?

in PR terms we call this :Finny:
Bags

Objective
06-11-2013, 11:26 PM
TopicalDood5: Post your verse in the OM and I'll feed it.

Meth
06-11-2013, 11:29 PM
Objective do i still owe u feed from voting on cypher?

Objective
06-11-2013, 11:36 PM
Meth: No, not at all because I didn't vote (if we're talking about the FN cypher). Several pages to go through and I'm not that great voting battle shit because I don't usually battle or write diss verses. It's not the first thing I do and I mostly only write that kinda ish if I'm asked or someone diss me. I read a few pages and I couldn't really distinguish whose better in several lines so I thought it would be unfair of me if I voted on it.

Meth
06-11-2013, 11:40 PM
Igh word. just didnt remember if

1. You voted

2. I gave the promised feed if you voted.

Good looks.

Pent uP
06-12-2013, 12:15 AM
Someone prove to me I recycled

IamBenT
06-12-2013, 12:16 AM
Voting... NOW!

Locking Links in Place:

1. Patrown vs. Dead Man (http://netcees.co/showthread.php?p=74347#post74347)

2. Mike Wrecka vs. Witty (http://netcees.co/showthread.php?t=7164)

3. Nigma vs. Objective (http://netcees.co/showthread.php?t=7166)

Time to hit the sack. Gotta go to the old job and tie up some loose ends to make sure they pay me, plus got a big interview tomorrow. wish me luck homies. as long as i got my suit and tie...

Pent uP
06-12-2013, 12:26 AM
Seriously mods dont get to just say u recycled and lock battles wtf are u doing split

Nigma
06-12-2013, 12:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g

BURN HIM

Split
06-12-2013, 12:35 AM
Someone prove to me I recycled

Bags
Genocide
Witty
Meth

You used that same verse against Witty in the NWL, under the Procyon alias. Witty wrote a story about a couple of criminals escaping a crime/ and then an avalanche (bad paraphrasing)

Neither the original NC's nor its archives exist. But 3 positive ID's is sufficient, all 3 have excellent records of integrity/ honesty within the community.

I knew within 12 lines that I had already read and provided feedback on the verse.

I was wrong in the discussion, you had been caught that season recycling a verse about a demon who lives in a tarry bus of vehicular manslaughter, and not this one in particular. That doesn't change the specifics of this case. In the rules it states that violations of the battle rules are grounds for disqualification at the discretion of the moderator. And I am exercising that right.

Anyways. The ruling has been made and will not be overturned. Next time, don't recycle.

Perhaps if the integrity of the league wasn't directly at stake and if this wasnt playoffs, we would be more lenient in our ruling, say a vote deduction.

Split
06-12-2013, 12:38 AM
Note: that isn't including Witty or myself. But I will say with 100% certainty that I have read and voted on that battle before. It was like week 3 of me writing and I was heavily invested in the league, voting on every battle, racking up an incredibly post count

Meth
06-12-2013, 12:44 AM
I'll say this much. I DO NOT READ MANY TOPICALS, OM OR LEAGUE. Therefore I have a much smaller mind filled vault of topicals that I've read. I read the first 2 lines and something struck me as similar. I read 4 more and I knew I'd read this before. Like split said maybe if this wasn't the playoffs you'd be let off easier. OR maybe if you didn't have a previous history of recycling against your competition you would have been let off easier. OR AND HERE'S THE BEST ONE, if you don't recycle than you won't get caught recycling. Have a nice day.

Pent uP
06-12-2013, 12:44 AM
I call bullshit. Open my battle back up. U have no proof. U cant just sway people to say they seen a verse and blam I get booted. .all ud have to do is find 3 ppl that dont like me.

Split
06-12-2013, 12:58 AM
None of those three people dislike you. I don't dislike you. Do you really think that I would go out of my way to
1) tarnish my record as an honest mod and someone who doesn't bullshit about feed or voting to
2) disqualify someone I don't dislike, have barely talked to out of league chat threads, and have never even faced in a battle?

No.

I have made my case, there is sufficient evidence a la:
1) me, 100% sure you recycled
2) Meth, very confident in this claim
3) Bags, very confident in this claim
4) Genocide, recalls reading the verse in the NWL but never made a clearly worded statement

Adonis tells me that he supports me in this decision.

if you want this overturned, talk to Knucklehead.

Also, we both know you recycled.. I understand your desire to stay in playoffs, but dont make this a pain in the fucking ass. I can't let this slide. The only consolation I can offer you is: next time don't recycle.

Pent uP
06-12-2013, 01:07 AM
Dude its simple
I didnt recycle

But

U got a guy who doesnt know what hes read
I dont see bags' claim
Claiming geno said something when he didnt is lol
And you

Its simple - find prood not 4 random ppl who havent participated in the leagues much at all to say they have or forever be considered a cheating ass mod

Pent uP
06-12-2013, 01:09 AM
Leave my battle open until this is figured out or youre cheating soul out of votes and ill win 2-0

Split
06-12-2013, 01:19 AM
If its the verse I think your talking about from the nwl. Then ya, your probably right. I remember that shit. Think I was the nwl champ atm.

Pent does that shit a lot, I think he just gets lazy. Either that or its lack of interest in the topic at hand, so he tries to match an old vderse to it the best he can or something. Iono.

Yes.

It was vs Witty

Witty wrote about sum serial.killer dying in an avalanche ...pent posted this up under the procyon account.

Tbc I didn't even need to ask others.

I trust Meth's opinion, you clearly don't. I trust Bags opinion, and he remembers what I do

THE NWL WAS DELETED OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH WHEN CURSED LAMA THE DEFILER STRUCK IT FROM THE INTERNET FOREVER

That doesn't change that at a minimum of TWO people in administrative positions recognize it, and Bags recognized it UNDER A NAME I DIDNT POST IN THE OP, AS WELL AS THE SPECIFIC COMPETITOR YOU FACED THAT WEEK

Call me a crooked mod if you want. This will be the one 'unprovable' blemish on my record.

Do mods always make popular, easy decisions? No. I could open that battle and be done with this bullshit.

Instead I'm doing what I believe to be right and what is fair to the rest of the people in this league.

So if you can't get behind that, fine. I don't need you behind me. Tbh.

Pent uP
06-12-2013, 01:29 AM
Dude without proof u are just cheating. U cant dq someone jist cuz of a claim no matter how many ppl u can make agree with u. That post from geno aint even say anything to prove anything and just took shots at me. Doesnt matter what peoplethink

All u are doing Is swaying and making me look bad when I just posted a verse

Open my battle back up. If u cant find proof then don't make claims that make u look like a dumbass

Adonis
06-12-2013, 01:31 AM
I'm in agreement with Split

I know Bags and Geno, don't know Meth but I know Split, along with the other I DO KNOW, to be honest guys

This would be a non issue IF you had a cleaner Track Record @Pent

Proof might not be able to be brought forth, and I understand why that would piss you off.

But on more then 2 occasions that I personally know of has this occured in PR alone.

I apologize, and hate me for it. Sorry bro. But like Split said, unless Knuck or Keith come in and overrule, discussion closed.

Shitty situation that could be avoided with a cleaner record in all honesty. Sorry again

Meth
06-12-2013, 01:31 AM
You have 4 mods and 1 former Admin/Mod standing against you. You aren't going to change anything here.

Pent uP
06-12-2013, 01:32 AM
Also when u were mod and frank was accused of recycling by baron mynd who wasnt even in the league did u dq him or lock his battle for a second? No. So why are u trying to pull some shady tactics to get me booted

Pent uP
06-12-2013, 01:33 AM
U guys cant dq me for feeling like it thats shady as shit

Adonis
06-12-2013, 01:33 AM
You have 4 mods and 1 former Admin/Mod standing against you. You aren't going to change anything here.

I like you Pent, we've had differences before. But I CAN NOT ARGUE WITH THIS

I wouldn't go against RC or Devoid in the RHYME

even though I know those two much better, this is the equivalent if there is such a thing to those two.

Split
06-12-2013, 01:35 AM
>swaying
>mod
>not part of playoffs
>people's memories don't remember

lolkthx

I don't need lessons on integrity from you, thank you very much. Pls direct further complaints to my inbox:
http://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/inspirestock/inspirestock1112/inspirestock111224733/11524798-man-and-woman-holding-recycling-bin.jpg

Split
06-12-2013, 01:36 AM
Also when u were mod and frank was accused of recycling by baron mynd who wasnt even in the league did u dq him or lock his battle for a second? No. So why are u trying to pull some shady tactics to get me booted

when was this?

Pent uP
06-12-2013, 01:36 AM
Dude I dont care about ur feelings

U cant dq me without proof. Its check and balances. If this how u are gonna run the league - mods make up shit and dq ppl without anything substantial to back them up then Ill happily not participate in this corrupt league again

Pent uP
06-12-2013, 01:37 AM
The season when u modded nwl and it moved to ts

Split
06-12-2013, 01:37 AM
something that happened after a battle was closed perhaps...?

Idk. That shit makes me uncomfortable and I don't remember the claim, but if there was sufficient evidence and the battle was open I would hope I would have closed it

Anyways. This has no bearing on your case here.

Adonis
06-12-2013, 01:39 AM
PM Pent

further argument will create nothing good with out his say so

Meth
06-12-2013, 01:41 AM
Honestly Pent, your attempt at cheating here isn't bad. All of the NC archives are gone, really the only thing, that in your mind would cause your demise here, but tsk tsk. There might not be tangible evidence thanks to Penguin Loving Lama Boy but your previous record as a head known to recycle, and the memories of 4 trusted/honest mods just did you in. RIP, the rest of Pent uP's credibility.

Split
06-12-2013, 01:42 AM
The season when u modded nwl and it moved to ts

I've never modded NWL my dude

Mods are not making up shit

You are throwing a bitch fit because you are mad that you got caught recycling. I don't. Give. A fuck. I don't make shit up in competitions like this, I never have, I never will.

5 admins word against yours. We do not condone recycling. We are formally accusing you of recycling. You are in the wrong. We are in the right. There is no tribunal for text league moderation, I am afraid. I will see you next season under alias, good night and good luck

Pent uP
06-12-2013, 01:49 AM
Your word vs mine. Whatever. Its called checks and balances u cant dq me cuz u say some shit

Pent uP
06-12-2013, 01:51 AM
Btw "accusing u of recycling" followed by the statement "yiu are wrong"

Provides further proof u have no convictions just people saying shit. Im mad because u are cheating me out of a fair match

Pent uP
06-12-2013, 01:53 AM
Im logging off

U guys need to unlock my battle and let votes come in until u cam dq me for real

Split
06-12-2013, 01:58 AM
Jesus fucking christ

If you can get 5 members of the AOWL who qualified for playoffs under the given conditions (and remember there were at least 16) to agree to all three of these points

1) they believe I abused my power as a moderator in this case

2) the provided verbal evidence of the aforementioned members:
Split Eight
Meth
Bags
Genocide
Does not constitute sufficient evidence to accuse you of recycling a verse from the NWL whose archives have since been eliminated

and

3) I treated you differently than I would another member of this league

Then I will open your battle for votes- get people from other sites to vote on the battle (I'm on 4 sites, i can pull favors to make up for lost time), formally, apologize, and relinquish all moderator roles on this site effective immediately

Split
06-12-2013, 02:00 AM
If Witty provides testimony that he has seen that verse before/ remembers writing against it, your battle will remain closed.

Meth
06-12-2013, 02:09 AM
SPLIT IS LITERALLY GIVING YOU A CHANCE TO NOT ONLY, CONTINUE BATTLING IN THESE PLAYOFFS, BUT RID OF HIM AS A MODERATOR.

I completely disagree with Split even giving you the chance to do this, but doesn't this prove how much he believes he is in the right here, and that you did recycle.

Good luck getting 5 people to agree to those terms though.

WILLIAMSBURG, W.
06-12-2013, 02:15 AM
THE QUESTION OF THE MATTER IS NOT TO PROVE THE CLAIM IN ITS ENTIRETY AND WITHOUT REFUTATION, BUT RATHER ONLY TO PROVE THE CLAIM BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT.

Meth
06-12-2013, 02:23 AM
Dead at who is controlling that account.

Split
06-12-2013, 02:29 AM
Dead at who is controlling that account.

oh my god

literally the best thing on NCs

the secret is safe

Meth
06-12-2013, 02:36 AM
Yeah that shit is locked in the vault known as the mind of Meth. Wow though.

patrown
06-12-2013, 04:59 AM
oh gawd these votes are hard.

dead man
06-12-2013, 09:51 AM
i personally do not recognize the verse pent posted up, but i am not nearly as familiar with his body of work as others may be..

tough call, since i cannot attest to the verse being recycled (or not), i will distance myself from the matter

that sucks though

ps. dope match patrown. i wish you had written more though..

IamBenT
06-12-2013, 11:50 AM
I don't know anything about Pent or really much about anyone else for that matter. Good luck to all involved.

Dove Dozer
06-12-2013, 01:09 PM
hey dudes.. whats poppin..

Mike Wrecka
06-12-2013, 01:21 PM
pent up , did you recycle yes or no?

Adonis
06-12-2013, 01:53 PM
He claims, adamently with a difinitive NO

Split and company are on the exact opposite spectrum

Pent uP
06-12-2013, 02:09 PM
Jesus fucking christ

If you can get 5 members of the AOWL who qualified for playoffs under the given conditions (and remember there were at least 16) to agree to all three of these points

1) they believe I abused my power as a moderator in this case

2) the provided verbal evidence of the aforementioned members:
Split Eight
Meth
Bags
Genocide
Does not constitute sufficient evidence to accuse you of recycling a verse from the NWL whose archives have since been eliminated

and

3) I treated you differently than I would another member of this league

Then I will open your battle for votes- get people from other sites to vote on the battle (I'm on 4 sites, i can pull favors to make up for lost time), formally, apologize, and relinquish all moderator roles on this site effective immediately
I have to get people to say some shit so that it nullifies some shit u guys said

But everything is opinion based

And u want me to campaign for people to realize what u are doing is crooked

And that is what decides whether or not I keep my rightful spot in playoffs

Do u not see how thats crooked

Also if youre on 4 sites and u been awol here for 3 weeks what gives u the right to come in and start closing threads

But thats another matter

Unlock my thread and when u can provide proof of your false claims u can try to tarnish my name

I did not recycle and u are being an unethical mod.

Split
06-12-2013, 02:34 PM
no I'm not opening your thread. I have the proof I need to make this decision. You are disqualified, unless you can prove my decision is unjust before the voting period ends

That is more than most would have afforded you

Moderators tend to moderate, if you were unaware

Rawn M.D.
06-12-2013, 03:08 PM
oh the controversy....

Frank
06-12-2013, 04:11 PM
I'm coming for the HOF award

IamBenT
06-12-2013, 04:17 PM
I'm coming for the HOF award

Just in time to watch me win it :)

Frank
06-12-2013, 10:00 PM
gotta win a season first bucko

Adonis
06-12-2013, 10:50 PM
Yo, there's a few of you needing to vote. Frank witty red glare. Even if you won by no show you will start next week already losing. Must vote on everything, its only three

Frank
06-12-2013, 11:09 PM
you had alternative no show, and the alternatives alternative no-show

i'm voting cause I want to, not cause of a deduction, yadig?

Nigma
06-13-2013, 12:19 AM
Ob and I only have two votes if any sexy motherfucker would like to help us out

Adonis
06-13-2013, 01:19 AM
you had alternative no show, and the alternatives alternative no-show

i'm voting cause I want to, not cause of a deduction, yadig?

I see you voted...but this is not how it works

There are requirements that will be met, or consequences will arise

See...Pent

3 votes are mandatory. There is no opinion or rhyme or reason, only the RULE

patrown
06-13-2013, 12:19 PM
glad the matches are still open.
thank you very much.