PDA

View Full Version : om needs a spike. any suggestions.. get at me

Geno
01-24-2013, 10:49 PM
Lemme know what you all think, I feel like the om could use some kind of attraction.
For members and mods alike, anyone who might have a good way to pull more attention too om should holla. Or maybe we still just lack the member count. Not sure.. but id like to see some improvement in there with posting threadsand responses @ everyone.

Holla

dead man
01-24-2013, 11:00 PM
league or tourney. most people post their verses in the om following their matches, thats an activity spike in itself.

also if there are any charitable donors for financial prizes or w/e, even minimal prizes outside of net stardom generate interest. even though on the other hand, they can also cause just as many problems

besides abolishing the link rule and encouraging members like vulgar, rawnold, dull boy etc. to migrate and also encouraging both new and existing members to venture outside of the battlefield .. not much to do

Split
01-24-2013, 11:03 PM
dropped

SiK
01-24-2013, 11:06 PM
league or tourney. most people post their verses in the om following their matches, thats an activity spike in itself.

also if there are any charitable donors for financial prizes or w/e, even minimal prizes outside of net stardom generate interest. even though on the other hand, they can also cause just as many problems

besides abolishing the link rule and encouraging members like vulgar, rawnold, dull boy etc. to migrate and also encouraging both new and existing members to venture outside of the battlefield .. not much to do

You can also battle in the BA with topicals to have a chance to compete for the BA Topical title...

As far as the OM Im not sure there is much you can do...Its the most active forum next to Discussions(and now the Tourny)

rothschild
01-24-2013, 11:06 PM
separate cypher area, that's where i would've posted my last verse..

Geno
01-24-2013, 11:11 PM
True @ dead man,
Anybody feel like dropping them some extensive invites, pm style on ncs?

Ill peep split

And ya, you got a point sik
I guess it is pretty active considering all the circumstances.

And roth.. I'm pretty sure cypher section is in a sub forum inside open mic, it already has been separate ..we keep it in the the same forum though because it goes more with open mic than anything else and doesn't exactly draw enough attention to be in its own forum.

Split
01-24-2013, 11:14 PM
I'll pm my fave writers

Bags probs scared off CodeMan forever tho

rothschild
01-24-2013, 11:14 PM
confused, i saw a cypher thread in the om just a minute ago.

Geno
01-24-2013, 11:20 PM
The 2013 cypher? Its a year long thread that stays stickied at the top and only gets changed out when the years over... it get archived afterwords. It should be the only one that isn't in thed cypher section. Ill check and see if something needs to be moved though

Geno
01-24-2013, 11:21 PM
I'll pm my fave writers

Bags probs scared off CodeMan forever tho

Good shit split, preciate that. I've been busy lately with work and all. Ill try to be a little more in tuned overt the weekend though.

rothschild
01-24-2013, 11:24 PM
The 2013 cypher? Its a year long thread that stays stickied at the top and only gets changed out when the years over... it get archived afterwords. It should be the only one that isn't in thed cypher section. Ill check and see if something needs to be moved though

i don't see what you mean. surely the year long cypher should be in the cypher section? if your finna take out the most active thread might aswell just get rid all together.

Split
01-24-2013, 11:27 PM
word well people wanted more cyphers so we made a section. Keeping the 2013 cypher in the OM brings in traffic the OM needs.

Geno
01-24-2013, 11:27 PM
^^^

rothschild
01-24-2013, 11:31 PM
doesn't the cypher section need the traffic more? people visit it way less. om needs people dropping verses and feeding.

Split
01-24-2013, 11:38 PM
keeping that main cypher in there I feel limits the number of short drops in OM, at least it did on NC. when the cypher thread was in the OM it was always poppin, died out a lot when it got put in the subsection. Tbh I think the cypher section is kinda stupid... like why do we need more than one thread?

rothschild
01-24-2013, 11:41 PM
i don't think having the cypher 2013 thread 1 more click away stops people dropping short verses, people will do that regardless. anymore reasons?

Split
01-24-2013, 11:43 PM
I like it better there. Be on your way .

rothschild
01-24-2013, 11:44 PM
i'll take that as a no and your submission.

Camp Bell
01-24-2013, 11:46 PM
collab tourneys for OM?...

two people are unknowingly picked to be paired
the rules, topics and everything is discussed prior to picking
in which the pairs will then be told who they will be with
and what the topic is....*shrugs*....iono. jus tryna be involved lol

Split
01-24-2013, 11:46 PM
yeah, you're totally right. oh well

Split
01-24-2013, 11:47 PM
@campbell cool idea.. idk how many ppl would vote tho

rothschild
01-24-2013, 11:49 PM
i know, bow to my common sense inferior being.

Camp Bell
01-24-2013, 11:50 PM
i mean, the votes would come from mods....comments welcomed by all tho
this way, there shouldnt be a wave of bias, due to the fact of all the vets
that are expected to win

Geno
01-25-2013, 06:12 AM
I like it better there. Be on your way .

Agreed. I think it should stay for a while. We can move it later, no sense hiding one of the most active threads

Geno
01-25-2013, 06:16 AM
@campbells callabo torney.. I think it would fail horribly. The collab battles at the nwl flopped misserably cause no one wants to read/vote on four verses. Its too bmuch work for the reader. If were going to do something like that then it needs to be designed for the reader.I think maybe a fight night style writers event would be dope.

Mods give a topic. A short time limit, maybe 10-12 line verses and the votes don't have to be extensive as hell. Thiat sounds more like it. But off to wsork, we can talk more about this later.. but basically, just like fight nights.. it can happen randomly, and the whole tourny is over in the same night with a champ crowned and a new accomp to boot.

Later peeps

Witty
01-25-2013, 07:09 AM
I dunno if it's been said...but mags are a great tool for activity in a forum, if you can get someone to do it weekly or bi-weekly it might help.

Orrr you could have an incentive...the top 3 OM writers of that month get to to choose the people and verses they want in HOF (Or whatever it is called here), as well as the usual panel.

Witty
01-25-2013, 07:10 AM
On a side note: I really need to get back into writing just for the fuck of it when I'm bored...I've been lazy lately.

Geno
01-25-2013, 12:15 PM
Wed, I need to start writing heavier again to. Since ncs died I've been slacing. Its cause this new job I have wears me out tho.. just don't feel like writing when I get home.. but I'm gonna bomb this fucking site over the weekend for sho. You should collab with me, we'll call 'back in the swing of thingss' or some shit more clever than that.

But ya, I think cake is gonna do the mag for january, right now its a monthly thing. But a bi weekly sample mag wouldn't be a bad idea, something. A little less extensive than the monthly mag

Zen
01-25-2013, 12:39 PM
Yeah I posted the mag idea earlier in the open mic chat then I saw it's all ready been suggested. But yeah I think it would improve the traffic flow into the open mic for sure

PancakeBrah
01-25-2013, 12:48 PM
lol @ pizza is vegetable

Wise Wiggles
01-25-2013, 02:03 PM
It's because I haven't ravished you faggots with my abilities yo

PancakeBrah
01-25-2013, 02:23 PM
yeah you did it was pretty good

Witty
01-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Wed, I need to start writing heavier again to. Since ncs died I've been slacing. Its cause this new job I have wears me out tho.. just don't feel like writing when I get home.. but I'm gonna bomb this fucking site over the weekend for sho. You should collab with me, we'll call 'back in the swing of thingss' or some shit more clever than that.

Just saw this, sounds dope...I should have plenty of time tomorrow so I'll write something and PM it to you, or if you wanna do it before that pm your verse to me and I'll post it up when I'm done.