Platinum Conference

8 Topicaldood5 vs. 5 IamBenT

2. Zygote vs. 3 Red Glare

Titanium Conference

1 Frank vs. 4 Nigma

7 Witty vs. 6 deadman

Get um....

**Confident in zero no-shows this week**

As far as topics go. I tried to think of the writers styles and match them with a topic. If I failed I'm sorry. I can change one and shit. I want you guys to be inspired and be able to draw from that more then I care about my ego of "Topic Selections".

dead man
06-13-2013, 10:40 PM
nice

our next matchup has been long overdue Witty

dead man
06-13-2013, 10:40 PM
are we picking our own topics from the thread?

Adonis
06-13-2013, 10:44 PM
Nah...Although that is what I would prefer as well. Unfortunetly I don't want to change the league just for playoffs as I'm still working under Keith's Rules and shit

Although I would consider it in either the Finals or Conference Finals

zygote
06-13-2013, 10:57 PM
What is the ETA on topic stimulus upload? (Is it within 30min approx?) Would like to know for deciding whether to stay online or return later.

Adonis
06-13-2013, 10:57 PM
HOLY SHIT

Just saw this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md6Dvxdr0AQ

Adonis
06-13-2013, 10:58 PM
What is the ETA on topic stimulus upload? (Is it within 30min approx?) Would like to know for deciding whether to stay online or return later.

Currently researching. I can post yours first. So yeah.

I will have yours with in 30 min from your post

Red glare
06-13-2013, 11:46 PM

Forecast: Haywire

Adonis
06-14-2013, 12:07 AM
Mad cuz you didn't vote?

Or because you don't like your topic?

Either way being ambiguous about shit aint a good look. I got no problem with you bro

but you saying topics are confused and in disarray aint helping shit.

A simple..."request of new topic" would suffice...although it's a bit late because I'm certain Zy is writing his verse as we speak

Take this post as you may. But there is one thing you should understand.

I was put in this role because nobody else stepped up. Thinking I enjoy moding is dumb

I don't want to spend time writing mags and shit when I'm not even in the playoffs.

But there are those who appreciate it, so I will. That and I still enjoy writing topicals more then watching a movie, reading or anything really beside playing basketball. basically I enjoy reading topicals and that isn't possible if there's no league

Long story short, your welcome Glare

Sorry if I took it the wrong way, but I vocal as shit and don't hold much back

Red glare
06-14-2013, 02:09 AM
you are too sensitive, adonis. you are an exceptional moderator. now wheres the mag?

no, really.

zygote, I dare you to drop early.

wait...

appears he has.

I will not fall for the trap and read it.

you have my utmost attention.

Meth
06-14-2013, 02:19 AM
8 Topicaldood5 vs. 5 IamBenT - idk either of these dudes

2. Zygote vs. 3 Red Glare - dont know red glare, zygote is dope

1 Frank vs. 4 Nigma - both are cool, frank is better

7 Witty vs. 6 deadman - will be the match of the round i bet. either could win, im picking the upset.

Witty
06-14-2013, 01:25 PM
nice

our next matchup has been long overdue Witty

It has lol I've been waiting for this one.

Let's make this even doper than last time.

Objective
06-14-2013, 03:07 PM
patrown: I can explain the verse vs. Nigma, or at least what I tried to do, if you want.

If you're interested; It's more a verse about self realization on the deepest level possible than love tbh. Immanuel Kant believe we're born in pain and goes through our lives trying to escape the pain rather than enjoying life. Happiness is a myth; it's nothing but the pain we try to escape from and different levels of it. He also had theories about several dimensions and layers ontop of eachother, basicly; how can you tell that you're not sitting inside of a table right now in a different dimension that overlaps ours? There's more to it, but I'd advice you to read up on the dude instead. But it should give you a clearer image about the main character and why he's conflicted with this girl and her points.

The intro in my piece tells you about how the brain works when it comes to the emotional parts of problem solving. I tried to depict the picture for the battle as an image of his mind, and that the subconscious is a beast in the center of it all while everything else plays out around it before it's given to our senses. ''The subconscious a beast; its eye never sleeps, it's consuming thoughts while being responsible for your personal feats.'''

But we're always analyzing situations and whatnot, so I thought the chessboard-symbolism could work well as a metaphore since there's always a counter-part that will do something either for the better or the worse wether it comes from within or not (or something that plays a part in this emotional puzzle we call a situation between friends/loved ones/whatever). Either way; he experienced what has happened with a lot of people that have studied Immanuel Kant and philosophy in general, Mike got hit by depression, and Mike got hit by it hard as well. It doesn't really matter who the friend is who came to help, it could be a classmate/whatever, it doesn't really play a huge role in this at all.
The girl barely plays a bigger role, heck, none of the characters plays a significant role as what I tried to explain was how the subconscious mind works as opposed to what's given to our senses, and the difference between that and rational actions. The characters in my verse is merely puppets of themselves, or sides of me as a write if you want. And so are we all, enslaved to our own subconscious and how it paints the reality infront of us. And that's why my verse ends like that; What's right/what's wrong doesn't matter, how can we never be happy or ''escaping pain'' if our subconscious defies a certain thought? Philosophy is just ideas that fuck with us and figuring shit out on our own gives a lot more in return than reading up on all of these fuckers. <-- Basicly the conclusion of my verse is that negative thinking doesn't resolve anything, the subconscious and emotions plays a bigger part than knowledge. Therefore Kant was wrong or something.

Either way, I didn't manage to tie it together well and I probably went WAY above my skill-level to try to write something like this. As dead man also said, I have only read about Kant and discussed him verbally with friends (in Norwegian so my knowledge about him is limited as well, but I enjoyed what me and my friends have discussed so far and what I've read and thought it would fit to the piece I was writing.), I had no idea how ''Kant'' would rhyme in english so I checked rhymezone.com, which I often do with words I'm uncertain about the pronounciation of and it showed me words like plant etc. so I went with that. Thanks for pointing it out. :)

Also; thanks to those that voted on the battle, I got a lot of feedback to think about, and that's dope af.

Nigma
06-14-2013, 05:12 PM
Im out of town till sunday

Adonis
06-14-2013, 11:18 PM
Mag running late kids. Eat a dik and vote

Who's drunk????

Hi

Spoken
06-15-2013, 01:29 AM
If no one shows can i just take over that persons spot?

Adonis
06-15-2013, 02:00 AM
Hell nah. If anything I would. But its 2nd round of playoffs so that ain't happening. A no show is a no show

You can send me a verse and get a feature in the mag tho killer

patrown
06-15-2013, 02:49 AM
me!

thanks for the explanation objective.
i'm impressed btw. didn't think that dude could be refuted.. but you pulled it off, well.

Objective
06-15-2013, 07:53 AM
i'm impressed btw. didn't think that dude could be refuted.. but you pulled it off, well.

Thanks. When my writtens start to click and I manage to display my thoughts/ideas clearly through words and not having to explain them I'll begin to close up to write some solid shit.

Adonis
06-15-2013, 12:29 PM
Where you from OB?

Nigma
06-17-2013, 05:54 PM
I have offically began writing. Crazy ass weekend

dead man
06-17-2013, 11:52 PM
#openforvotes yadidadimean

Soulstice
06-18-2013, 01:17 AM
dropped hopefully IamBenT shows up

oats
06-18-2013, 04:16 AM
what's the distinction between platinum and titanium?

Adonis
06-18-2013, 09:01 AM
No clue

Original MOD had divisions and Conferences set up so we went with it.

Frank
06-18-2013, 05:57 PM
IamBent no showed - pohfig recycled. a lot of shameful acts

Adonis
06-18-2013, 06:49 PM
Word

If I didn't have integrity or didn't have the feeling of mad backlash/Mutiny I would have Key'd something epic like verse Topical...Fugg it tho

Off to get me my 20+ assists in a few pick up games while draining about 10 three's like a Gee

Advocate
06-19-2013, 01:44 PM
When's the next oppurtunity to sign up??

Frank
06-19-2013, 02:43 PM
State your name. Who are you affiliated with? Are you capable of voting on the 3 open battles?

dead man
06-19-2013, 02:47 PM
we dont like your kind round here.....

Advocate
06-19-2013, 05:11 PM
Sure I can vote, that's not a problem. Whatchu mean who am I affiliated with? I'm new to the site.

Nigma
06-19-2013, 05:27 PM
Sure I can vote, that's not a problem

You're the hero we need

Advocate
06-19-2013, 06:03 PM
Lol but what else would I have to do??

Nigma
06-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Lol but what else would I have to do??

Wait for playoffs to end and next season to start

Advocate
06-19-2013, 06:14 PM
Wait for playoffs to end and next season to start

Will do. I appreciate your help.

Nigma
06-19-2013, 06:58 PM
There's no need to thank me, its what I do

Mike Wrecka
06-19-2013, 07:50 PM
im gonna vote. damn you people are slacking on the voting

Meth
06-19-2013, 07:53 PM
I dont feel comfortable voting on the playoffs.

Im sorry dudes.

Some of the writing and concepts go over my head, sorry again.

I read dead man vs Witty tho.

Crazy stuff, props fellas.

Adonis
06-20-2013, 12:45 AM
I've read all verses and will let it simmer over night.

Will cast votes tomorrow, as I hope you all do as well.

Fuck you IamBenT I will grudge match you first chance,
And post a epic

Adonis
06-20-2013, 12:51 AM
TopicalDood5

Don't forget to vote broseph. No show or not we need you. Xoxo

Zen
06-21-2013, 01:50 PM
What's up people? Just dropped by to drop a quick hello and fuck you but won't be on for awhile. And wtf at me only getting one Most Improved Writer vote? Smh....
But on the real as soon as I can get back active I will.

Soulstice
06-21-2013, 06:09 PM
on it

patrown
06-22-2013, 12:14 PM
voting today. lagged, but didn't forget.

Split
06-22-2013, 01:29 PM
Got ADHD meds and some free time, will drop votes and I promise a comprehensive magazine ASAP

sorry post-season has been rough

I'll be scrounging votes for y'all too

Meth
06-22-2013, 02:01 PM
If you DESPERATELY need it I will vote later.

Just remind me.

Like I said earlier I don't feel entirely comfortable voting on topicals, especially in the playoffs.

But, I will for the betterment of the site if it is necessary.

As, I put the site first in my conquests.

Good day.

Nigma
06-22-2013, 02:10 PM
Everyones opinion is valuable. If you read both and enjoy one more, vote for that one. If its too close to tell, vote for a tie.

IamBenT
06-22-2013, 02:37 PM
sorry about the no show

Just lost my job, searching for a new one has taken most of my energy and time.

but i will keep my eye on things in here when I get a chance. Holla

Frank
06-22-2013, 02:55 PM
Sorry to hear that man. Priorities, than passion. Stay up.

Adonis
06-22-2013, 08:25 PM
MIA

League. Someone PM me when we get sufficient votes and I can close battles and make new.

I got a Frank Nigma vote later on.

But my email is Adanmartinez009@gmail.com if you all need something. Will be around. But I'm depressed with this league so I won't be as active

Real talk

patrown
06-22-2013, 08:41 PM
imo next seasons playoffs should have a week to write and a week for voting..
having seen this, i would likely have spent more time on frank v nigma and if i change my vote later it's not that i got swayed i really thought i was almost out of time.
i shoulda no showed v deadman and let a stand in go for it but didn't want to disrespect did the best i could at the time, woulda got romped either way against that imo (btw)

i really do appreciate the time you've invested Adonis. and i thank you.
but i'll put ya in my contacts list and get at you if i can tell you're needed and afk.
thank you for giving us a heads up at least.
IamBenT i hope everything comes together for you soon brother. i practically did and have no excuse so.. keep your head up, you're still a champ in many ways.

Adonis
06-22-2013, 11:10 PM
I'm good now. Just had a good session @ my crib

Also, you might never here them

But I've officially finished recording every Topical I wrote this season.

Two of them came out extremely good. Good enough that I will build from them full versions

Meth
06-23-2013, 01:46 AM
No one reminded me. Lol. Ima go to bed now.

Fucking @ me tomorrow and remind to vote and I will.

Adonis
06-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Meth

Vote something duke

Coup
06-23-2013, 03:08 PM
after this tournament closes out, what are the plans for season two moving forward ?

Nigma
06-23-2013, 03:31 PM
Someone said something about a tournement before the next season started, would be dope IMO.

Cereal_Killa
06-23-2013, 03:45 PM
I'm good now. Just had a good session @ my crib

Also, you might never here them

But I've officially finished recording every Topical I wrote this season.

Two of them came out extremely good. Good enough that I will build from them full versions

Respect..

I'm 100% in next season..

Ne 1 for a collab..

Mike Wrecka
06-24-2013, 01:08 PM
Cereal_Killa , im down for a collabo

Advocate
06-24-2013, 01:29 PM
Can anyone tell me exactly when next season starts for this league?

Frank
06-24-2013, 03:14 PM
yo ya niggas aint voting? Whatsup

Adonis
06-24-2013, 03:28 PM
Cereal_Killa

Down for collab

Cereal_Killa
06-24-2013, 06:40 PM
Mike Wrecka Adonis

I shall hit u up in a lil..

Wat about "every city"

So
Every city looks the same..
Every city sounds the same..
Every city smells the same..

Hit me up wit ur city, it can be fiction or fantasy..
Ne style..

U pick which sense u want to run with..

Ima drop 10 on Atlantis feeling the same..

Adonis
06-24-2013, 06:44 PM
Concept is fuzzy for me. But my city would either be the ghetto in Cincy or the beautiful Santa Barbara I grew up in

Mike Wrecka
06-24-2013, 06:54 PM
ya Cereal that is the strangest concept description I have ever read. your writing about Atlantis? and want us to write about either our city or a fake made up city like yours?

Mike Wrecka
06-24-2013, 09:18 PM
ok I have voted on all battles. the rest is up to you fuckers. keep this league going strong

Cereal_Killa
06-25-2013, 03:00 AM
Mike Wrecka lol why yes sir..
Adonis cool, cool..

i shall hit both you up when its done..

Adonis
06-25-2013, 09:04 AM
Word. I'm trying to read yours first

And I see you said fiction or made up

Son THE ONLY one I know of is atlantis. Although I'm farely certain that it was once a real city

Cereal_Killa
06-25-2013, 09:12 AM
U can do any city, mythology based, religious shit it can be a place outta Donnie darko..

Witty
06-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Major props to dead man for the win...much deserved, I was well beaten.

I'll be back, and next time I'll be stronger lol

Props bro.

Adonis
06-25-2013, 02:30 PM
Go vote on nigma frank Witty

Help us move shit along mang

Just Write
06-25-2013, 03:23 PM
can ya'll fuckin get this season over with lol, i'm ready for next season man.