PDA

View Full Version : NBL Week 14 Magazine by Meth ft. Sharp Nine (6/19/13)

Meth
06-19-2013, 01:32 AM
Intro

Hello, hello, hello. How are all my friends on this marvelous Tuesday evening? As it may be apparent for anyone to see, I have taken over for Knucklehead as the mod
for the NBL. Knucklehead is taking care of the entire site, don't be upset at this. Be happy, now the NBL is someone's top online priority. Anyway, last week took 2 weeks. Votes were slow and no shows were many. Hopefully that was just a speedbump. A lot of people have signed out waiting for the playoffs to begin and a lot have signed in to make a last minute attempt at getting into the playoffs. Anyway, if you have any questions or concerns about the league feel free to PM me, visitor message me, or message me on AIM. If you need an answer about something quickly and I'm not readily available, you can get at Sharp Nine. Okie doke, let's move on.

Meth
06-19-2013, 01:37 AM
Reviews by Sharp Nine

Champ Match: Cashius vs. Patrick

This was as cool as we were expecting. Both dudes brought it, with some cool ideas and slick wording. Each guy had a dope nameplay along with some killer personals that made for a fitting champ match. In the end, Swerve took all but one vote, decisively making him NBL champ. He’ll be defending his title against Defiant while Cashius has signed out unitl the playoffs.

Defiant vs. Ctrl Alt Elite

Ctrl No-showed

Black Mask vs. Rayge

Black No-showed

Jay vs. Edgar AlPo

Ed No-showed

Shank Sinatra vs. Untold

This was a tight and cool battle, both dudes brought some solid stuff. Really dug the Rat Pack line from Untold and Shank’s GoW thread concept was nice. In the end Shank was just a little more consistent and most voters ended up giving it to him by a 1 quote margin. He moves onto a contendership match against myself while Untold goes on to face Utmost.

billy 12 vs. God of War

Double NS

Sharp Nine vs. Utmost

This battle turned out pretty well, Ut’s SiK line slayed me tbh. Another close one, probably would’ve been closer if more people had voted but it turned out 3-1 me, most cases by 1 quote and wording giving me the slightest edge. It looks like Utmost is flirting with killer wording in most battles, he should be something serious come playoff time. I move onto a contendership match while Utmost goes on to face Untold.

Xnub vs. FGR

Xnub still has a ways to go in text. He wasn’t really landing any hits here, and could definitely benefit from reading some battles. FGR didn’t show up with his best, but what he brought was still cool more than enough to take it, sweeping votes. Looking forward to him getting some strong competition to see how he’ll do then. He goes on to battle Tryce while Xnub has Meth.

NYCSPITZ vs. Pryde

NYC No-showed

R!canTheoryz vs. MAINESPITZ

This one was kind of tough to get through tbh. Both guys came pretty played, but the deciding factor was probably MAINE’s marginally better wording. Here’s hoping dudes adjust a little more and turn into solid competition but as it stands… eh. Maine goes on to battle GKillaZ while R!can has Bob.

megatron vs. GKillaZ

Mega no-showed

Death vs. Tryce

Death no-showed

KZVR vs. Ronic

KZVR no-showed

Pen Prick vs. Uncle Drew

Pen no-showed

Serious vs. Meth

Good to see both of these dudes getting back into the league, Meth and Serious aka Storyteller. I would’ve expected to see some rust from both, and while Storyteller wasn’t as good as I’ve seen from him before I thought Meth was pretty on point. He had some pretty fresh name flips that were more than enough to take this one. Hopefully both dudes stick with it at least till the end of the season

yung fe vs. Rap Maestro

fe da god. Maestro didn’t really bring anything direct with his verse, and has a ways to go with text. fe had some alright ideas with some short and unorthodox wording, but it was enough to handle maestro for his first NBL win. Hoping to see a lot more from both.

Meth's Song of the Week That No One Will Like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxHZUgbrOqs

Meth
06-19-2013, 01:38 AM
Throwback Battle

GoW vs Sound - NBL Season 1 Finals

Sound

thagawd0fwar: workin on my digital label
thagawd0fwar: building the website now

its funny you think you'd market music and sync to the masses
if you want a digital label, ask the board, they all think you're a knuck
i'll golf club ya family cuz I could give a fuck bout your 'ma dukes
while you were fakin her stroke, she shoulda taken a mulligan on you
been on my jock but since day one i've seen the bitch in ya eyes
i only said you rose above lowtier cause ya hopped on the biggest dick you could find
Beyond, murda sho., Alvin Karpis. realize you're a herb kid..
those ARE a list of people you beat - but with CLASH writing ya verses
If there's any truth to this AIM shit, i'll even let it fly clown.
cause I WAS hittin people up like, VOTE FOR GOW I NEED A BYE ROUND
i know you agree that the sites voting is infact poor
name ya biggest wins and i'll show you a string of robberies that'd get its own task force
dude musta forgot how lame he really is. but let me remind him
calling GOW a threat is such a bad joke Alvin Karpis wouldn't even bite it
netcees stay hatin on you bruh. fuck it i know its true..
only reason you stay with your back to the wall is cause theres a dick pokin thru

God Of War

lama said you aint as good as you think, that your nothin lethal
im not surprised to see you son these kids, ur known for takin care of other peoples
u never been on tha steets, ur not even half a soldier
cuz the only way ull ever be known for wars bitch, is after this battles over
n ur girl shoulda replaced u here, cuz u know damn well bitch
itd be the first time she took ur seed, instead of givin u someone elses
stop runnin around the board,screamin that ur not a cheata
the way you fucked ill, you probably have aids, syphilis, n ghonarhea
and your girls loose as fuck, that bitch is a cheap lay
cuz she never made a sound during sex, it was a mark,tom,jeff, or a DJ
u tried to cheat in ur picture match, that shit isnt good
i would tell u to leave n save face, but id want to get rid of that as quick as i could
im watching for sephs vote, ur crews always made interference
n you gave your verse to cale to drop, so atleast the writers makin an appearance
your always involved in big beefs, but i see why now son
the last time you was in a minor situation, it led to u not bein allowed around one

Top 5

5. Shank Sinatra
4. Sharp Nine
3. Knucklehead
2. Defiant
1. Patrick

Cypher Results

Yo, this cypher was wack for real. lol. I had 3 total quotes, 2 from Allen and 1 from Rayge so I guess Allen wins

Rayge

u suck like R!can & i aint joking this time when i roast u fagg0ts
So imma be Serious & keep it Raw... smashin both of their bones to fragments

Allen Knight

all yah'll niggas are has beens, wack wit ur dumb nonsense
the downward spiral ur careers done would get u perfect scores in a stunt contest
j cortez??? like niggas care about u, no one'll duck ur bars
idk wats funnier,
..u making a thread sayin ur a alias or no1 knowing who the fuck u are

Meth
06-19-2013, 01:40 AM
Song of the Week That Will Be Better Received by The Masses

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVuuX_swk0Y

Top Punches by Sharp Nine

10. SHANK SINATRA vs untold

and the way u’ve made out thus far…it should be down played
cuz ur barley mid tier fagg0t n even THAT can be debated in the thread gow made.

9. SHARP NINE vs utmost

ur mutant-lookin chick loves me. woo, she oughtta be cloaked w/ smog
she sees me and that bitch is glowin... an not just cause she looks like a chernobyl dog

8. SHANK SINATRA vs untold

it’s fact I’m nice. when i'm on the road i'm fucking groupies living that lavish life..
if ur on the road i hope there is on coming traffic and ur wearing all black at night.

7. UNTOLD vs shank sinatra

Shanks ear's to the streets, fearin the heat. denouncin the block
cuz Sinatra's rat pack, are a bunch of snitches that run their mouths to cops

6. METH vs serious

My punches replacing your mouth w/ so much metal you'll cry hoe
When I'm done w/ Seri you'll be sounding so robotic you could be the voice of the iPhone

5. CASHIUS vs swerve

Swerve took a hiatus...laid low a bit. Now you're just hopeless, prick
Dude's trying to claw back to relevancy...but couldn't even get close to Sik

4. UTMOST vs sharp nine

Beatin Most, Are you on crack whore??? better pm ya crew n ask fa shore
I see Sik learned u well..coz both of you fags live by "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours"

3. SWERVE vs Cashius

We all know you’re a fag boy, just imagine this skank stopping me,
Cause if there’s the potential for gay sex, cashier to the ground like a bank robbery.

2. CASHIUS vs swerve

This fagg0t stays on his knees. I'd hate to hear the shit you say to men
All you do is Neil Patrick...I'm starting to think that you're just as gay as him

1. SWERVE vs cashius

Lost to Knuck now you’ll lose to me, my friend the fact is you’re wack,
You were back in two shakes…but it’ll be a lifetime of Parkinsons before you actually champ.

Predictions

Hush (0-2) vs Rap Maestro (0-2)

LOL

Hush 100/0

Philly (0-0) vs Rawn MacDon (0-0)

Rawn's a below average battler. Plus he's given a lot of ammo onto the board the last few days. This shouldn't be close, and won't be.

Philly 90/0

Analyst (0-0) vs The Law (0-0)

Who and who? Analyst is a better name imo so I pick him.

Analyst 50.1/49.9

Loast (0-0) vs Serious (0-1)

Loast is BarZ and he's pretty good and comes with some very nice concepts sometimes. Serious is Storyteller and he has a lot of wording problems and seems to come with a lot of old and played concepts. I think Loast should take this one with no problem if he comes with what he usually does.

Loast 65/35

GKillaZ (1-1) vs MAINESPITZ (1-0)

I've never read anything from GKillaZ so by name alone I'd guess he's not the best text battler on planet Earth. MAINESPITZ is in timeout as I type this. He's gotta do better adjusting to this style. His concepts are old and his wording is brutally 2006 at the latest. His ego is undeservadly large on some Detour swag and that could cost him. But, since I've never read GKillaZ I have to pick MAINESPITZ here to win in a tight one possibly.

MAINESPITZ 60/40

Meth (1-0) vs Xnub (1-0)

I've only read Xnub one time. He brought a your dad is gay verse with a lot of statments and he needs to elevate it seems. Since this is my battle and I'm not on my Pete Rose swag, I will not predict this one. If someone does a preview for it, PM me and I'll edit it in.

Good luck, Xnub

Ronic (1-0) vs Uncle Drew (1-0)

Never read either. I pick Ronic as a total fucking guess.

Ronic 51/59

Yung Fe (1-0) vs Lotto Smirk (2-7)

Never read Lotto Smirk and Yung Fe is honestly terribad lol. His actual concepts aren't bad but they are way too simple and spell check could help homie out a lot. He needs to stretch his idea a little more to become any type of okay. Lotto Smirk is 2-7 for a reason I guess, but I'll assume he's better than Fe da Gawd

Lotto Smirk 60/40

Flo Real (2-5) vs Pryde (2-1)

Pryde is alright. Sometimes he is a little played and fresher concepts would help him out more than a lot becaue his executuon isn't half-bad. I don't know who Flo Real is and I've never read anything from him so...

Pryde 80/20

FGR (2-0) vs Tryce (2-0)

FGR made it to the champ match in the 1-2 and he's 2-0 in this league so I'd assume he's alright. I'm not too impressed with what I've seen but maybe the voters like it more than I do i have no idea. Never read a Tryce verse so by default I predict FGR.

FGR 80/20

Jay (3-3) vs Knucklehead (9-1)

Who's Jay? I got Knuck.

Knucklehead 90/10

Untold (3-3) vs Utmost (3-3)

These guys are both mid tier and they're record sure as hell shows it. Utmost has some cool wording but I think his concepts are lackluster. Untold is the opposite way, cool concepts but his wording suffers. This will be close, and will come down to voters appreciation of wording vs concepts

50/50

R!canTheoryz (3-2) vs non azn Bob (5-2)

lol

non azn Bob 90/10

Shank Sinatra (5-4) vs Sharp Nine (7-2)

This will be a very cool battle in my opinion. I think Shank is really good when he puts some time into his verses and Sharp just continues to get better and better with every single battle. I still think Shank is a little better than Sharp, but he gets lazy and keys or even no shows sometimes. This should be dope... Hard for me to even pick someone.

Shank Sinatra 55/45

Patrick (4-0) vs Defiant (8-4)

The championship match. No Americans though? What the fuck is this bull shit, we get Patrick da dude hailing from Toronto, Ontario, Canada and Defiant from across the Atlantic. Anyway, this should be good. Defiant can beat pretty much anyone... If he comes with his best, which is far and few between when he does. Swerve though, is pretty consistent and I think he will be here. Should and will be close though.

60/40

Meth
06-19-2013, 01:41 AM
Tip of the Hat, Wag of the Finger

TOH @ Swerve champing the NBL
WOF @ that battle only getting 5 votes
TOH @ Bags standing against Rawn's fabrications yesterday
WOF @ me for being terrible at this and quitting now

Outro

I know in the Previews I didn't go in depth on some of the dudes I don't know. That will change once I get familiar with some of you, as I just hasven't had the chance to yet. The playoffs are coming up soon, so get those records nice and good looking for a good seed in the tournament. That's it, thanks to Sharp for the help, Methamphetamine out.

Meth
06-19-2013, 01:45 AM
Allen Knight Hush Seth Scheinberg Philly The Bully The Law Analyst Patrick Defiant Sharp Nine Split Eight Split God Of War Cashius Bags Xnub
@fucking everyone

The Bully
06-19-2013, 01:54 AM
Good stuff here Meth.

Meth
06-19-2013, 02:04 AM
thanks phil

Rawn M.D.
06-19-2013, 01:58 PM
I am Def a below avg battler The Bully

Boredom
06-19-2013, 03:02 PM
dope mag, would be cooler if you talked about me more.

Flow
06-19-2013, 03:22 PM
A quick check of the battle open for votes with me and pride currently would of answered your question ;) Meth

Chyeahhh!!!
06-19-2013, 03:40 PM
lmao @ that cypher.

Orc
06-19-2013, 05:26 PM
NICE WITH THE WRITE METH
*I JUST DISSED YOU*
I SAID IM NICE WITH THE RIGHT, METH
NO, I SAID IM NICE WITH THAT WHITE METH
WORK WHITER THAN RICE IN THAT WHITE SET!

GKillaZ
06-19-2013, 05:31 PM
good mag. My sharp 9 bar owned that cypher tho! :)

Untold
06-21-2013, 09:35 AM
Dope mag. Appreciate the honest fee y'all. Keep up the hard work

Swerve
06-21-2013, 10:12 AM
Cool mag dookie