PDA

View Full Version : So Microsoft changed their policies about the xbox one

Masaii
06-19-2013, 11:53 PM
http://au.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-changing-xbox-one-policies-6410472?tag=Topslot%3bSlot2

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport/status/347522022139637761

Xbox One will no longer have DRM (24 hour check-ins), no region lock, no restrictions on sharing games.

Still, PC>PS4>gameboy colour>Xbox One

Split
06-19-2013, 11:53 PM
gameboy SP> Ps4 tbc

And good. Consumers still have a say in the market.

Masaii
06-20-2013, 12:01 AM
gameboy SP> Ps4 tbc.

http://media.tumblr.com/27a921b7c740cfddfb905ad8c2cd9039/tumblr_inline_mibewyJ6eE1qz4rgp.gif

Fig
06-20-2013, 12:19 AM
Saw this earlier today. Has me reconsidering.

~RustyGunZ~
06-20-2013, 12:20 AM
yeah it's a good look

we will see by christmas who the king is, to early to call

Malachi
06-20-2013, 12:23 AM
lol wow

KZVR
06-20-2013, 01:07 AM
From Xbox One World Order to Xbox One Eighty.

God Of War
06-20-2013, 01:52 AM
xbox might of pulled close to the ps4 now

KZVR
06-20-2013, 02:18 AM
The PS4

- Better specs (faster)
- $100 cheaper
- Free online
- No Kinect BS

God Of War

Not really..

Atomic
06-20-2013, 02:20 AM
ps4 online isn't free, you have to be a platinum member or whatever tha fuck it's called. but yea that kinect shit i will agree is very fucking weird.

KZVR
06-20-2013, 02:23 AM
I guess I'll be sticking with my PS3..

Malachi
06-20-2013, 02:27 AM
I guess I'll be sticking with my PS3..

Lol'd irl

God Of War
06-20-2013, 02:33 AM
The PS4

- Better specs (faster)
- $100 cheaper
- Free online
- No Kinect BS

God Of War

Not really..

there isnt much differnt in the processor nor the graphics, plus online is not free, the only thing the ps4 really has not is 100 dollars cheaper

KZVR
06-20-2013, 02:37 AM
there isnt much differnt in the processor nor the graphics, plus online is not free, the only thing the ps4 really has not is 100 dollars cheaper

Even if it's a little difference, it's still faster - Michael Phelps still wins even though the space between him and the second place swimmer was a few milli seconds..

And $100 cheaper is a winner in these hard times..

God Of War
06-20-2013, 02:47 AM
Even if it's a little difference, it's still faster - Michael Phelps still wins even though the space between him and the second place swimmer was a few milli seconds..

And $100 cheaper is a winner in these hard times..

its not faster, there both using amd 8 core processor

TYSON
06-20-2013, 02:54 AM
Well now we have a tie. I might fuck around and get both. I'm not getting either till a year after release anyway. Bugs will be fixed and cheaper.

Meth
06-20-2013, 02:55 AM
already bought ps4 from best buy...

so, whatever.

KZVR
06-20-2013, 02:55 AM
its not faster, there both using amd 8 core processor

- The PS4 GPU has 18 execution units versus Xbox One's 12. This makes it around 50% more powerful;

- The PS4 carries 8Gb of GDD5 memory while the Xbox One uses 8Gb of slower DDR3 RAM. This is very fast memory of the kind used in top-end GPUs, but here accessible both to the GPU and CPU. Memory bandwidth on the PS4 will thus be around 3 times higher in the PS4 than in the Xbox One. The Xbox tries to somehow compensate for this with 32Mb of eSRAM, but this will both make the system harder to explore and optimize and not nearly match the PS4;

- Due to the Xbox One's compromises in OS architecture, with the system running 3 different OSs, the PS4 will be able to allocate significantly more RAM memory towards games, up to 40% more than the Xbox;

- While depending on game publishers, it's likely that the DRM efforts on the PS4 will be less severe than in the Xbox. This is more gamer-friendly.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1506092-at-this-point-ps4-is-looking-the-winner-over-xbox-one?source=google_news

God Of War
06-20-2013, 02:58 AM
- The PS4 GPU has 18 execution units versus Xbox One's 12. This makes it around 50% more powerful;

- The PS4 carries 8Gb of GDD5 memory while the Xbox One uses 8Gb of slower DDR3 RAM. This is very fast memory of the kind used in top-end GPUs, but here accessible both to the GPU and CPU. Memory bandwidth on the PS4 will thus be around 3 times higher in the PS4 than in the Xbox One. The Xbox tries to somehow compensate for this with 32Mb of eSRAM, but this will both make the system harder to explore and optimize and not nearly match the PS4;

- Due to the Xbox One's compromises in OS architecture, with the system running 3 different OSs, the PS4 will be able to allocate significantly more RAM memory towards games, up to 40% more than the Xbox;

- While depending on game publishers, it's likely that the DRM efforts on the PS4 will be less severe than in the Xbox. This is more gamer-friendly.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1506092-at-this-point-ps4-is-looking-the-winner-over-xbox-one?source=google_news

nope, theres no possible way it is going to be 40 percent faster then xbox

Split
06-20-2013, 02:59 AM
nerd

KZVR
06-20-2013, 03:01 AM
nope, theres no possible way it is going to be 40 percent faster then xbox

Are you gonna buy the Xbox One? wow..

KZVR
06-20-2013, 03:03 AM
nerd

You're able to call people nerds thanks to the one that built your computer and the structures of the internet so you could say that..

Seyance
06-20-2013, 03:14 AM
think some of you are missing a point that Xbox has the 100 dollar kinnect system built in, where as you pay to get the Sony version. I wouldn't use it but obviously means the console has a greater variety of possible modes. Xbox live > psn by a long way.

Split
06-20-2013, 03:33 AM
You're able to call people nerds thanks to the one that built your computer and the structures of the internet so you could say that..

they're bigger nerds

God Of War
06-20-2013, 04:00 AM
yes i have already preordered a xbox one and PS4

IM SURE i will play the xbxo more as i like the online from 360 a fuck load. and the only reason i preorded the ps4 is because of the drm shit now thats not an issue xbox it is . but will enjoy both probably or the ps4 will be a wasted console sort of like the ps3 was

KZVR
06-20-2013, 08:25 AM
think some of you are missing a point that Xbox has the 100 dollar kinnect system built in, where as you pay to get the Sony version. I wouldn't use it but obviously means the console has a greater variety of possible modes. Xbox live > psn by a long way.

By a long way? Are you kidding me?

yes i have already preordered a xbox one and PS4

IM SURE i will play the xbxo more as i like the online from 360 a fuck load. and the only reason i preorded the ps4 is because of the drm shit now thats not an issue xbox it is . but will enjoy both probably or the ps4 will be a wasted console sort of like the ps3 was

PS3 wasn't a wasted console, it had free online. Microsoft doesn't give a fuck about shit it just wants control and your money. I mean they spent years developing the kinetic and all those policies only to take them off in less than a month because of the Navy Times ripping them a new one? showing their true colors if you ask me.

...the Nagger
06-20-2013, 08:48 AM
playstation plus is what you're paying for for online gaming

playstation plus is something that most playstation 3 users already have

you get free games and stuff

on XBOX, you're simply payin to go online and stream videos

doubt you'll even need ps+ to stream stuff like.... netflix

ps4 is so much better than xbox 1 even when they were tied in debate. now ps has advantages so it ain't no way microsoft has a chnace to survive this

esp since I am anticipating one more announcement to be made about some sort of feature they will add to ps4 before it releases

if you buy an xbox 1 and you don't buy a ps4 I question your intelligence

God Of War
06-20-2013, 09:39 AM
playstation plus is what you're paying for for online gaming

playstation plus is something that most playstation 3 users already have

you get free games and stuff

on XBOX, you're simply payin to go online and stream videos

doubt you'll even need ps+ to stream stuff like.... netflix

ps4 is so much better than xbox 1 even when they were tied in debate. now ps has advantages so it ain't no way microsoft has a chnace to survive this

esp since I am anticipating one more announcement to be made about some sort of feature they will add to ps4 before it releases

if you buy an xbox 1 and you don't buy a ps4 I question your intelligence

then tell us why eddie, because i dont think you know what your talking bout on most things but im pretty sure you dont on this one.. so explain

God Of War
06-20-2013, 09:42 AM
By a long way? Are you kidding me?

PS3 wasn't a wasted console, it had free online. Microsoft doesn't give a fuck about shit it just wants control and your money. I mean they spent years developing the kinetic and all those policies only to take them off in less than a month because of the Navy Times ripping them a new one? showing their true colors if you ask me.

true colors by giving the public what it wants? and the poilicies have nothing to do with the kinect, put the kinect against the ps move, the wii controller it is by far the best add on of that sort for a machine. ps3 was a wasted console and sony spent 8-9 years doing terrible as a company because of it. free online doesnt make a console better because playstations online was fucking garbage

...the Nagger
06-20-2013, 12:18 PM
then tell us why eddie, because i dont think you know what your talking bout on most things but im pretty sure you dont on this one.. so explain

have you ever appeared to win a debate against me? no you haven't gow, so plz stfu

this is exactly what you do. throw in a cheap shot, because you know I will respond, instead of having a debate, because you have no idea what you're talking about.

The proof is that once I start, you will do nothing but make insults because you have no argument like always

bruce lee would die against roy, its unnatural to be gay, and you type like an autistic 10 year old. these are all facts.

brb

...the Nagger
06-20-2013, 12:27 PM
Xbox One Will Require Day One Update
Kinect still required, no Family Sharing, Smart Match and instant game switching still enabled.
by Andrew Goldfarb

June 19, 2013

Microsoft has confirmed that a day one update will be required for Xbox One. In response to the reversal of Xbox One’s used game and internet policies earlier today, Microsoft spoke to Xbox One chief product officer Marc Whitten about how this changes the policies previously announced for the new console.

“There was always going to be a day one update on the console, and that’s frankly just a difference in manufacturing schedules versus software schedules,” Whitten told IGN. “We just wanted to be clear that that hasn’t changed, that you have to go online to get the software update for day one, then you wouldn’t have to be connected after that.”

When asked if the update can be downloaded via smartphone tethering for customers without broadband, Whitten confirmed “sure. Any way that you can get connectivity to the Live service would work to enable that to come down to the console.”

brb

...the Nagger
06-20-2013, 12:33 PM
Required Internet Connection:

Yes but ONLY for the system's mandatory day one update.

only thing XBOX got is the kinnect built in. but u can buy either the move or the pseye

PS4 got second screen options with an app + vita. XBOX doesn't seem to have an available option for that

everything else is the same

PS+ gives you rewards, free games (that are good) + movies, online play and more. XBOX Live gives you online play

you're more than welcome to show what more XBOX has to offer tho

but with that alone PS4 is crushing, plus its 100 dollars less

...the Nagger
06-20-2013, 12:39 PM
and God Of War all that info is from the ign website,

Last Edit: 2 hours 55 minutes ago

http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_vs._Wii_U_Comparison_Chart

God Of War
06-20-2013, 12:39 PM
have you ever appeared to win a debate against me? no you haven't gow, so plz stfu

this is exactly what you do. throw in a cheap shot, because you know I will respond, instead of having a debate, because you have no idea what you're talking about.

The proof is that once I start, you will do nothing but make insults because you have no argument like always

bruce lee would die against roy, its unnatural to be gay, and you type like an autistic 10 year old. these are all facts.

brb

this is what i do for a living, theres no possible way you can out debate me on any thing in the gaming world what so ever, all the fuck you do is troll and your a cancer to text in general you have no clue what your talking about ever you just throw ridiculous claims and try to see what type of reaction you get out of people. dont try me eddie that shits a joke

...the Nagger
06-20-2013, 12:41 PM
how am I a cancer to text I havent texted in years bro

lol

nice try

pickin cardigans next?

it'd be cool if you chose to debate tho, so we can laugh at you God Of War

...the Nagger
06-20-2013, 12:41 PM
I bet you I'm trollin tho, lol?

KennyCerealBowl
06-20-2013, 12:42 PM
Godofwar that nigga, that nigga with the games

God Of War
06-20-2013, 12:42 PM
only thing XBOX got is the kinnect built in. but u can buy either the move or the pseye

PS4 got second screen options with an app + vita. XBOX doesn't seem to have an available option for that

everything else is the same

PS+ gives you rewards, free games (that are good) + movies, online play and more. XBOX Live gives you online play

you're more than welcome to show what more XBOX has to offer tho

but with that alone PS4 is crushing, plus its 100 dollars less

the features on xbox is plentiful compared to ps4 as it was said ps4 is simply a gaming machine and xbox one has tons of different things it offers. the only thing holding or that held xbox back was the shit they just reversed. the kinect is revolutionary and will be in the future esp with all the options it offers. the hundred dollars extra for a full entertainment center PLUS a gaming machine as powerful as its rival means there going to lose? no analyst thinks xbox is going to lose at all they are even predicting that xbox will still pull ahead in the console war

God Of War
06-20-2013, 12:43 PM
I bet you I'm trollin tho, lol?

you will never ever be able to out debate me over games bro it wont happen

God Of War
06-20-2013, 12:49 PM
plus with the steam box coming out sony might not even be number 2

i think sony is dope but it hurt them with microsoft reversing everything because what was a sure cut victory has come really close

Masaii
06-20-2013, 12:58 PM
Why even try to make it more than a console. If i want to bake cookies I use an oven, if I want to watch tv I dont need my console to do it. Useless features. As long as it plays games and has good graphics thats all I care about. Online on consoles is shit fullstop. Get a pc and play online the proper way.

God Of War
06-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Why even try to make it more than a console. If i want to bake cookies I use an oven, if I want to watch tv I dont need my console to do it. Useless features. As long as it plays games and has good graphics thats all I care about. Online on consoles is shit fullstop. Get a pc and play online the proper way.

but masaii bro thats like saying why do u need internet on a phone if you want internet use your pc, why have games on a phone if you want games play your playstation. an entire entertainment center went from a huge wood wall in your living room to one machine, same as phones done

have you see steams big picture? they made it where its easy to use your steam on a t.v.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=EFrL6-OhN94

super pimp trillionaire
06-20-2013, 01:31 PM

damn, I was gonna say what GOW said and I already got the quote set up so I'm just gonna be like "word".

KZVR
06-20-2013, 02:37 PM
lol God Of War

You should consider working for Microsoft and being a saleman for the Xbox One.. everyone is getting a PS4.. no point getting a console that has a state of the art online community with 5 members lmao..

super pimp trillionaire
06-20-2013, 02:39 PM
^ ugh...

KZVR
06-20-2013, 02:42 PM
Yeah, I was exaggerating obviously.. but no need for GoW to bash the PS3.. sounds like a Xbox fanboy..

Split
06-20-2013, 02:55 PM
how can you say Xbox is gonna die out from having an inferior feature set? Do u even real life bro?

Wii to thread

The fact is, it doesn't matter which is a better gaming system anymore, since they've realized they can sell to your grandparents and kids in their 20s and 30s, who aren't all about gaming, and turn a HUGE profit

The most we can hope for is some company like Steam appealing to our niche market of people who buy consoles to only play games

super pimp trillionaire
06-20-2013, 03:09 PM
but nobody is bashing anything... in fact xbone just picked up some points...
anyway, unless they can drop their price and somehow ps4 cant, its wii status for sure...

Masaii
06-20-2013, 03:43 PM
@gow

This is true what you say. But I will always see it like this; I invested a substantial amount of time and emotion into final fantasy 13, only to be rewarded by microsoft with the red ring of death 2 battles before the final boss. Out of principal alone I will never buy another xbox again.

Just C
06-21-2013, 12:01 PM
Microsoft wont only lose the console war because of what they have done in the lead up to the next generation, They will also lose it because of what they've done during the current generation.

Fart
06-21-2013, 12:11 PM
Either way i'm still going ps4 for the exclusives.

God Of War
06-21-2013, 01:56 PM
Microsoft wont only lose the console war because of what they have done in the lead up to the next generation, They will also lose it because of what they've done during the current generation.

thats absurd people love this generation, xbxo murdered every console breathing this generation

and kzvr i got every console thre is, plus the wiiu and ps3 so ther eis no fan boy shit i just know what im talking bout in this area

Just C
06-21-2013, 04:37 PM
thats absurd people love this generation, xbxo murdered every console breathing this generation

I'm not knocking it's Online service, especially not in terms of it's abillity to let you reliablly play MP games. Everyone knows that MS shit on Sony in that respect. The Xbox had a lot going for it over the PS3.

Better Online
Cleaner/User Freindly UI
Much Quicker Update DL Speeds (PS3 WERE A FUCKING NIGHTMARE FOR ME lol)
No having to install games from the disc just to play them WITH THE DISC IN IT ANYWAY ADTER YOU INSTALLED IT)

But Sony's plus points were greater for me.
Much better and more original Exlusives (GOW, MGS, LITTLE BIG PLANET, INFAMOUS ect ect)

It's online Market Place (though a bitch to navigate compared to 360) had MUCH better bargains and more incentive to purchase PS Plus than Xbox Live, Microsoft are a bunch of sheisty rip off merchants in comparrison. EXAMPLE: The revamped MK Game by Neverrealm. That shit over a year old and is STILL £44.99. It's probably about 15 to 20 MAX on PS3.

360's customer service is absolutely fucking woeful lol. I can't even cancel my subscription using the feature on their site, or through my 360 (convenient error codes TONS OF PEOPLE HAVE HAD THIS ISSUE)

I just can't fuck with MS anymore and a lot of other people felt/still feel the same way. And that was before this whole DRM PR nightmare.

Which leads me to my last point. People are getting this idea that their internet voices brought about this change/180 to no DRM (MS Even said they "listened to the people". YT Bloggers #tag protesters ect. lol NO THEY DIDN'T. MS took 1 look at the pre order figures, seen they were getting trounced by Sony and shit a fucking brick. So even after they did go back on their DRM Proposal I still feel like they tried to fuck me because they didn't give a fuck about loyal customers best interests , LIKE ALWAYS their just cared about their back pocket. And as I said people are getting onto this now. The damage has been done, Unless they do something special Sony have got this in the bag.

And the PS4 is the considerably more powerful rig of the 2. It won't really matter that much for multi platform releases but once those PS4 Exclusives come out you'll see it yourself.

veritas
06-21-2013, 04:39 PM
Fuck microsoft for even trying that.

super pimp trillionaire
06-21-2013, 04:52 PM
yeah, how dare a company attempt to protect its intellectual property from thieves at the threat of inconveniencing its consumers.
but they did go overboard...
still if ppl weren't so quick to DL insteada purchasing, this shit may never have been.