PDA

View Full Version : Can't got bored and made this Top 10 Movie-list on Netflix. Enjoy or something.

Objective
06-17-2014, 09:34 PM
Top 10 movies on Netflix

(US = Movies available for stream in at least the US - If you're outside of the US I recommend downloading the Firefox/Chrome-plugin Mediahint. EU = Available for stream in at least EU, if you're outside of the EU I recommend using a proxy or finding a different way of watching the movie, not sure if Mediahint will do the same favor to you as it will to people outside the US.)

1. Pulp Fiction (US) - Quentin Tarantinos classic from '94. If you haven't seen it yet it's about time you do something with your godforsaken life and watch it.

Quote: ''Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say what one more Goddamn time!''

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110912/?ref_=nv_sr_1

2. In Bruges (US) - A tale of two hitmen being sent to Bruges in Belgium by their boss without knowing exactly what for. DO NOT WATCH THE TRAILER, this is definitely a movie that's best watching ''in the blind''. The less you know about it, the better. It's a movie filled with dark comedy and a well thought out plot with great dialogue.

Quote: ''Maybe that's what hell is, the entire rest of eternity spent in fucking Bruges.

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0780536/?ref_=nv_sr_1

3. Lucky Number Slevin (EU) - Another movie that's best by going into it blind (don't watch the fucking trailer), knowing as little as possible about the movie is the best option. The movie is among my absolute favourites for several reasons: The progression of the story, dialogue and a well thought out plot. The genre is: Thriller/action/drama.

Quote: ''You're unlucky and nothing more than a frame of reference for the lucky Mr. Fisher. You're unlucky, so that I may know that I am not. Unfortunately, the lucky never realised they are lucky until its too late. Take yourself for instance, yesterday you were better off than you are today but it took today for you to realise it. But, today has arrived and it's too late. You see?

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0425210/?ref_=nv_sr_1

4. The Fifth Element (US) - ''In the colorful future, a cab driver unwittingly becomes the central figure in the search for a legendary cosmic weapon to keep Evil and Mr Zorg at bay.'' If you haven't seen it yet, it's about time you do. This Sci-Fi story got a plot out of proportions. I don't even like Sci-Fi but the story is hard not to enjoy every minute of.

Quote: ''I don't like warriors. Too narrow-minded, no subtlety. And worse, they fight for hopeless causes. Honor? Huh! Honor's killed millions of people, it hasn't saved a single one.

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119116/?ref_=nv_sr_1

5. Requiem for a Dream (EU) - This is one of the movies that will leave an impact on you, it's an extremely strong movie and most people can relate to it on some level having either dealt with or know someone with some sort of an addiction. Forget about A Serbian Film or Guinea Pig, If there ever was a movie that scarred me in some way this is it. Not that it can be related to the other movies I mentioned, but because of its extreme honesty and eye-opening view on the lives it showcases and its paths to what most would define as ultimate destruction.

Quote: Sara Goldfarb: ''How come you know more about medicine than a doctor?''
Harry Goldfarb: ''Believe me, Ma. I know.''

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0180093/?ref_=nv_sr_1

6. Holy Motors (US) - ''This surreal drama from France follows DL, who becomes many different individuals living different lives over the course of a 24-hour period.'' Definitely one of the weirder movies out there by the prestigious director Leos Carax. This french piece of art takes a really abstract view on society and the many roles we go through throughout our lifetime. It's open for interpretation and is indeed a piece of art that will leave some sense of impact on you if you care to look for the messages in its many surreal and different situations.

Quote: Angèle: ''I'll be punished?''
Mr. Oscar: ''Yes. Your punishment, my poor Angèle, is to be you. To have to live with yourself.''

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2076220/?ref_=nv_sr_1

7. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas (US) - ''Set during World War II, a story seen through the innocent eyes of Bruno, the eight-year-old son of the commandant at a concentration camp, whose forbidden friendship with a Jewish boy on the other side of the camp fence has startling and unexpected consequences.'' This drama is great for several reasons. Set in a time where information wasn't easily available it truly shows the prejudices by grown ups in an era of war, how a family deals with what's going on at the time and how the impressions is left on an innocent boy who tries to take it all in.

Quote: Bruno: ''We're not supposed to be friends, you and me. We're meant to be enemies. Did you know that?''

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0914798/?ref_=nv_sr_1

8. The Bothersome Man (US/EU) - ''Deposited in a serene but colorless city where every need is met, a man wonders if this placid life is a dream come true or an inescapable hell.'' In this norwegian movie utopia is shown in its finest capitalistic, materialistic, immortal and democratic view. Is this what life really is, is this really it? Problems start to form when our hero start to ask questions about his surroundings.

Quote: Andreas: ''I'm going to leave you.''
Girlfriend: ''Are you leaving before Saturday?''
Andreas: ''I can stay until Saturday, if you'd like.''
Girlfriend: ''That would be nice.''

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0808185/?ref_=nv_sr_1

9. The Road (US) - ''Set in a postapocalyptic future, this end-of-days tale follows two survivors, a father and son, who take to the road in search of a better life.'' A novel turned into a movie. A heartwarming yet brutal piece. Can be very emotional for anyone whose a parent and wants the best for their kid/s.

Quote: ''All I know is that the boy was my charge. And if he was not the word of God. Then God never spoke.''

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0898367/?ref_=nv_sr_1

10. Vanilla Sky (US) - ''A man who has everything -- money, good looks and a gorgeous woman -- seemingly loses it all when his face is horribly disfigured in a car accident.'' A movie with Tom Cruise as the lead role? Objective, you jest! This can't be real! But it is... This drama is extremely well put together and should leave you with some questions afterwards. In my opinion it's the best role he's ever had and the movie is underrated (Only a 6.9/10 on IMDB).

Quote: ''My dreams are a cruel joke. They taunt me. Even in my dreams I'm an idiot... who knows he's about to wake up to reality. If I could only avoid sleep. But I can't. I try to tell myself what to dream. I try to dream that I am flying. Something free. It never works... ''

IMDB Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0259711/?ref_=nv_sr_1

(I made this list pretty fast and atm. it's in no particular order tbh. But if it's well received I can make a top 50 list sometime with less words and stuffs. A top 20 with shows as well.)

Joe Metts
06-17-2014, 09:39 PM
Paid in full
The wash
Major league
Every espn 30 for 30
Wayne's world
Look who's talking

Just to name a few I thought you'd like based on the list you made.

El Muffin
06-17-2014, 09:41 PM
SHARKNADO DOEEEEEE

GGJD CNN KDFBN

Objective
06-17-2014, 09:52 PM
Paid in full
The wash
Major league
Every espn 30 for 30
Wayne's world
Look who's talking

Just to name a few I thought you'd like based on the list you made.

I got a few favorites from ESPN's 30 for 30 (amazing series!), The Two Escobars is definitely on top imo. But I didn't include shows or documentaries in this one. Paid in Full and Wayne's world would never reach a top 10 of general movies, but they're absolutely great.

I don't think I've seen The Wash or Major League yet so thanks for the recommendation, will definitely check them out.

Certain
06-17-2014, 09:56 PM
Is Chinatown still on Netflix?

Joe Metts
06-17-2014, 09:58 PM
The wash is pretty stupid tbh lol

Major League is hilarious if you enjoy baseball .

Certain
06-17-2014, 10:15 PM
Plains, Trains and Automobiles.

Objective
06-17-2014, 10:15 PM
The wash is pretty stupid tbh lol

Major League is hilarious if you enjoy baseball .

I'm from Norway. I don't think a single game of baseball has ever been televised. I watched baseball on a livestream with a friend once. What I learned was there was a shitload of rules, and once I learned a new rule I had already forgotten the last one. If there's a lot of baseball references I'll probably not get them but I might watch it anyways. I love stupid comedies though, Napoleon Dynamite, Shaolin Soccer and Nacho Libre is among my favs, haha.

El Muffin
06-17-2014, 10:22 PM
U prolly wont like the wash if ur from Norway

Snoop dogg n dr dre feature in this movie lol

Certain
06-17-2014, 10:25 PM
Movies I love on Netflix, based on a quick skim at what's available and somewhat put in order:

Pulp Fiction
Clerks
Taxi Driver
Chinatown
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
The Breakfast Club
Trainspotting
Fargo
Zoolander
In Bruges
Heathers
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Kill Bill
Marvel's Avengers
Ghostbusters
Reservoir Dogs
Wayne's World
Silence of the Lambs
The Usual Suspects
Dr. Strangelove
Happy Gilmore
Gladiator
The Nightmare Before Christmas
Airplane!
American Psycho
Donnie Darko
The Naked Gun

El Muffin
06-17-2014, 10:32 PM
Wtf is Heathers Certain

Seen the rest

Props on having my fav listed

Dr strangelove

Suggestion: paths of glory

Check it.out

Certain
06-17-2014, 10:38 PM
Heathers is a weird dark comedy from 1988 starring Winona Ryder and Christian Slater. It's like a fucked-up version of Mean Girls.

El Muffin
06-17-2014, 11:16 PM
Eh, ill pass

Out.of curiosity ill look up synopsis

millz
06-17-2014, 11:25 PM
Days of heaven

kannon
06-17-2014, 11:58 PM
I LOVE In Bruges

And it makes me so happy that you've included it in your list.

That scene where Colin Farrell called the fat family elephants, and the pops chases him in circles........

It's easily in my top 10 movies not just on netflix, but ever.

Objective
06-18-2014, 12:38 AM
It's easily in my top 10 movies not just on netflix, but ever.

I really love the movie as well. Everything about it is pretty cool. Definitely unique in every aspect. I feel this movie is overlooked by many and it's one of those ''hidden gems'' many haven't seen, I feel Lucky Number Slevin is among those as well. If you haven't seen Lucky Number Slevin yet go and watch that shit now (or save it for some time you just want to zone out, make some awesome food and treat yourself with that movie, it's worth it). Pretty sure you'll love it to death.

big baby
06-18-2014, 12:40 AM
A lot of shit movies you guys have up there.

Objective
06-18-2014, 12:43 AM

In my top 10 list as well? Which ones and tell me what you didn't like about them without spoiling it for others who may want to see it. Also feel free to add some of yours favorites, I need some shit to watch anyways and perhaps you know of some movies I haven't seen yet.

El Muffin
06-18-2014, 12:46 AM
Off subject but not quite

Speaking.of bad movies

Anyone used to watch Mystery Science Theatre 3000 when they were young?

Nostalgia ftwww

kannon
06-18-2014, 01:55 AM
I really love the movie as well. Everything about it is pretty cool. Definitely unique in every aspect. I feel this movie is overlooked by many and it's one of those ''hidden gems'' many haven't seen, I feel Lucky Number Slevin is among those as well. If you haven't seen Lucky Number Slevin yet go and watch that shit now (or save it for some time you just want to zone out, make some awesome food and treat yourself with that movie, it's worth it). Pretty sure you'll love it to death.

Lucky Number Slevin is cool. Definitely one I had to watch twice to catch everything. Plus Lucy Liu is sexy.

A more recent joint that I really liked was Seven Psychopaths.

dyedinthewool
06-18-2014, 07:45 AM

Have you got a list you'd like to share? :)

Inno
06-18-2014, 07:50 AM
I like the docs on netfilx. actually dam near all of them.

Brian Bryan
06-18-2014, 07:51 AM
lmao aint The Wash that film with Eminem in?

terrible movie

dyedinthewool
06-18-2014, 08:07 AM

shhhh parcerito

Inno
06-18-2014, 08:20 AM
shhhh parcerito

I dunno what that means so ill take it az, an, insult.

you jive turkey.

anime_boners
06-18-2014, 09:09 AM

My girl showed this documentary on prostitutes, and how they live and what the job is like in different countries.

Super depressing.

big baby
06-18-2014, 10:17 AM
Have you got a list you'd like to share? :)

yeah a list 2 kill ur fucka face

dyedinthewool
06-18-2014, 11:25 AM
yeah a list 2 kill ur fucka face

Apologize right meow.

Malo bebe!!!!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!! Yo ass needs the belt.

Innovator I'm not a turkey!!!!!