PDA

View Full Version : Road to Total Slaughter starts tonight at 11:59 PM EST

Answer
06-18-2014, 11:24 AM
On FuseTV

I think it's only like 4 or 5 episodes though, which sucks.

http://allhiphop.com/2014/06/18/eminems-road-to-total-slaughter-to-broadcast-of-fuse/

but considering a lot of people toted it as being the biggest thing to really happen to battle rap, I can see it flopping and not being quite as big as people had hoped. I'm still gonna watch it though, because it should be dope

Brian Bryan
06-18-2014, 11:26 AM
this the big brother of battle rap reality TV shit?

Answer
06-18-2014, 11:30 AM
Essentially. It's endorsed by Slaughterhouse and Shady Records, but I doubt Em's going to play much of a (or any) role in the series. But Marv Won, Math Hoffa, Dizaster, Daylyt, Arsonal, Cortez, & Big T. They've got a pretty solid lineup of battlers

oh and aye verb's there, too

RD McFly
06-18-2014, 11:46 AM
I'm actually really excited for this but I agree, they hyped it so hard in the beginning that now it is looking to underwhelm big time.

Paradigm
06-18-2014, 11:59 AM
are they gonna censor shit on the show

i see that being a huge problem lol not just language but the homophobia and racist shit in battle rap

RD McFly
06-18-2014, 12:31 PM
are they gonna censor shit on the show

i see that being a huge problem lol not just language but the homophobia and racist shit in battle rap

it's not on TV so I don't think they would...but you never know these days

Neighbor
06-18-2014, 04:29 PM
Lame

Just cashing in on all the hard work reputable leagues like KOTD put in

RD McFly
06-18-2014, 05:01 PM
Lame

so they don't get any credit on giving them that platform? I mean that is pretty big..

Kin
06-18-2014, 07:36 PM
I put money on it Buddens surprises people at how he handles Hollow.....

Get em Joey

Answer
06-18-2014, 10:19 PM
Lame

I definitely feel what you're saying. They really should've done a collaborative event with either KOTD or Smack, because frankly - most of these dudes would be nobodies without them. But on the other hand, it's hard for me not to be excited about them bringing more life and involvement into battle rap, as well as exposure

StarFaggot
06-18-2014, 10:20 PM
Oh please Eminem made battle rap.

oats
06-18-2014, 10:26 PM
Before people come in here and denounce that statement that Eminem made battle rap, he did bring it to the masses to a degree no one else did before or after him. And I'm not even referring to 8 Mile. I remember, and I'm sure others do too, going on napster and downloading clips from his rap Olympics performances - that was my first exposure to battle rap. Plus, he was hugely successful with a battle-esque style (you wacker than the motherfducker you bit your style from, you ain't gonna sell two copies if you pressed a double album, etc). In terms of mass appeal, aero's statement is defensible.

Answer
06-19-2014, 12:13 AM
here's a streaming link for anyone who may not have fusetv

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/8934885/events/3113133

Answer
06-19-2014, 12:37 AM
Show kind of sucked. 30 minutes long, 10 minutes were commercial, 15 minutes were talking, battle was like one round and a minute a piece with judging taking up the remainder of time in the episode.

Great concept, but highly underexecuted. Show needs to be an hour long with at least 3 1 minute rounds.

Rex bodied Cortez though. They suckerpunched that dude throwing him into a battle with someone he could've NEVER anticipated with the 8 man roster and who had plenty of time to prepare a verse against Cortez

RD McFly
06-19-2014, 02:18 AM
Rex bodied cor but it was pretty trash