PDA

View Full Version : SO WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED THIS TIME AND WHAT ASSURANCES CAN YOU GIVE US THAT THIS WONT HAPPEN AGAIN?

Brian Bryan
06-21-2014, 10:49 AM
for real, shit is annoying as fuck and trash

RB far more stable than this place

real talk, I'm thinking of dipping

sorry bruhs

oats
06-21-2014, 10:57 AM
I just don't have it in me to stick around at RB. especially when it comes to competing, AOWL is far superior.

namix
06-21-2014, 11:02 AM

sorry bruhs

i am very sad to see a proven biter go..

don't be sorry, just leave.

namix
06-21-2014, 11:07 AM
there, I helped you out, Baron.

you forgot your password.

now register another account and continue leading engaging discussion as your bitching biter ass is known to do...

OR, just stop dropping empty threats and stay gone muthafucka

trap
06-21-2014, 11:37 AM

sorry bruhs

If Len is really being serious, I might try revitalizing UPN with him. You're more than welcome to join.

dead man
06-21-2014, 12:02 PM
shit happens. namix cannot control every variable 100% of the time. nor could anybody.

backup your written work, accept that life (on and offline) is unpredictable. RB is stable now but it was desolate for years.

i don't see what the uproar is about. it was 2 days bro

MisterFluffs
06-21-2014, 12:04 PM

sorry bruhs

Whats up with the sig & status ma nigga?

~RustyGunZ~
06-21-2014, 12:09 PM
thank the lord NC is back

Strikta
06-21-2014, 12:17 PM
i am very sad to see a proven biter go..

don't be sorry, just leave.

Lool. Lawdy.

Mike Wrecka
06-21-2014, 12:25 PM
Namix would never let this site just straight slip into oblivion like Lama did

trust that

Witty
06-21-2014, 12:33 PM
Thought it was gone for good this time lol good shit namix.

dull boy
06-21-2014, 12:42 PM
Every time it goes down I wonder how long it's been since I saved an open mic I wrote in another location.

oats
06-21-2014, 12:42 PM
Namix to the rescue.

Vulgar
06-21-2014, 12:43 PM
Props

dead man
06-21-2014, 12:49 PM
Every time it goes down I wonder how long it's been since I saved an open mic I wrote in another location.
yes

fuck

YDK
06-21-2014, 01:13 PM
Yep thank Gawd I've been saving my work lately lol thanks for getting it up an running again namix

BROKE LESNAR
06-21-2014, 01:20 PM
If Len is really being serious, I might try revitalizing UPN with him. You're more than welcome to join.

I'm absolutely serious. I still have the desire to write and UPN needs to be revived on many different levels. I would like to see Ellis Island revitalized, the battle league revamped, Google Hangout freestyle/battle sessions, video battles, a more vibrant Audiochamber, a new Battle Arena similar to Netcees, and I would like more than a Discussion forum of constant oneupsmanship trolling, something like a social media hub similar to Twitter that connects all textcee sites.

Fig
06-21-2014, 01:28 PM
Aww maaan

~RustyGunZ~
06-21-2014, 01:33 PM
I'm absolutely serious. I still have the desire to write and UPN needs to be revived on many different levels. I would like to see Ellis Island revitalized, the battle league revamped, Google Hangout freestyle/battle sessions, video battles, a more vibrant Audiochamber, a new Battle Arena similar to Netcees, and I would like more than a Discussion forum of constant oneupsmanship trolling, something like a social media hub similar to Twitter that connects all textcee sites.

<3

Masaii
06-21-2014, 01:58 PM
Gone at OP calling out namix and namix just hitting him with the banhammer.

lmao, vintage netcees.

patrown
06-22-2014, 02:14 AM

google hangout freestyle sessions? what?

*googling google hang out

Strikta
06-22-2014, 02:30 AM
I miss UPN... PBA used to be ill years back.

Would definitely return active there if revived.

Destroyer
06-22-2014, 12:22 PM
yes

fuck

tell me you're kidding
I have every shit verse I've ever written saved
you're telling me black D doesn't save his shit?

oats
06-22-2014, 02:55 PM
I don't know how people don't have it saved somewhere. Do you guys hit post new thread and just type a verse? I always write in email drafts to myself and when I'm done I hit send.

veritas
06-22-2014, 02:57 PM
tell me you're kidding
I have every shit verse I've ever written saved
you're telling me black D doesn't save his shit?

this is an alley oop your honor. I willl refrain.

dead man
06-22-2014, 02:59 PM
pretty much.. i go advanced, write and post.

when i remember i copy/paste the finished product into a txt document after its posted..but yea definitely not always

it would be a good habit to develop for sure.

oats
06-22-2014, 03:05 PM
That's crazy to me. I get way too nervous that something will happen or I'll accidentally quit out the window or something. Gmail drafts auto save every so often, which is nice. If anything I'm more impressed that you pump out a verse in a single sitting so regularly - I usually write in several sittings, or at least get the bulk of it out in one and tweak it/finish it in another.

namix
06-22-2014, 08:37 PM
dead man oats - just to make sure, you / others did not lose any work right?

if that is the case i actually am waay more empathetic to the original stance of the OP lol...

otherwise though, word, i was in hilton head fellas.... GoW and I had planned on moving to his host for like months now - i just been floating this ridiculous 80/mth bill in the interim.

a.k.a. - as a fellow writer, and someone that truly does appreciate strong thoughts put to words, i will NEVER just abandon this place or the works of the authors that contributed to it.

^^THAT is word. I have only no-showed one battle since effin '02, and it was a contendership match in the RBL back when there were fuckin a hundred peeps in it - only because i was skiing in montana with no internet. i consider a battle significantly less important than a site, and will show the same consistency to this place and OUR collective works yo.

just for what it's worth.

veritas
06-22-2014, 08:39 PM
Word is bond.

Zen
06-22-2014, 08:40 PM
google hangout freestyle sessions? what?

*googling google hang out
lol'd

namix
06-22-2014, 08:51 PM
Word is bond.

no doubt bro.

the DB is backed-up, and I DL the latest copy on a consistent basis. i'll effin print out and snail mail dudes works to them as long as they are not proven biters and/or do not have an ALL-CAPS-TITLE-PER-NEW-THREAD RATIO greater than 1/2.

dead man
06-22-2014, 08:52 PM
you're a good man, charlie brown.

oats
06-23-2014, 12:43 AM
namix I didn't lose anything, no. Appreciate the concern though, thanks for taking care of the site.

namix
06-23-2014, 12:54 AM
for sure guys, good looks.

the reason this happened is because GoW and I had talked about moving to his server after site5 made us switch to that effing $80/mth price-point. when they switched it over, they had to remove my credit card & auto-pay settings from file --- so I started paying via pay pal until GoW was ready to flip the switch.... They made it abnormally hard to remove the credit card from file last time (talk to reps), so i figured if this switch was forthcoming I could avoid the hassle.

Long story short, i didn't check email so didn't see the notification to remind me that i wasn't auto-paying anymore... but now that i dropped another $80 i still don't feel like i owe lars jack shit lol.

stay up fellas.

Vulgar
06-23-2014, 01:01 AM
Start a donate button.

namix
06-23-2014, 01:28 AM
Start a donate button.

we can think of a way for people to 'donate' to tournaments or some shit if there is actual interest (i'm sure we can do 'something' creative to provide some sort of incentive, but it's hard to imagine there being much action there lol)

i'm blessed at this juncture so it wasn't a cost thing bro, i literally just did not know the site went down -- i will talk to the admins so they always have a way to contact me in the future though

oats
06-23-2014, 02:58 AM
I think the donate thing is a good idea. Start a kick starter or something, even if it's only once every few months or so, if everyone donated a dollar even it would be a cool way to increase interest and accountability.

Seyance
06-23-2014, 06:32 AM
i've lost 95% of my shit on the net due to sites going down. like black i hit advanced and write in the window, infact usually i start in quick reply then go advanced. the amount of verses i've lost just by accidentally x'ing or refreshing the window is mind boggling and sometimes they've disappeared between quick reply and advanced or the connection dropped out.

i used to write to prove something. i write for me now.

Vulgar
06-23-2014, 10:54 AM
i've lost 95% of my shit on the net due to sites going down. like black i hit advanced and write in the window, infact usually i start in quick reply then go advanced. the amount of verses i've lost just by accidentally x'ing or refreshing the window is mind boggling and sometimes they've disappeared between quick reply and advanced or the connection dropped out.

i used to write to prove something. i write for me now.

So you write to prove something to yourself?

Diode
06-23-2014, 10:57 AM
$80/month would buy you a dedicated server elsewhere

that's hysterical/awful

Seyance
06-23-2014, 07:14 PM
pretty much, it's the only opinion that really matters. i'm my biggest critique.

namix
06-23-2014, 08:51 PM
$80/month would buy you a dedicated server elsewhere

that's hysterical/awful

agreed lol

worse yet, in the time it's been that way, i think GoW rekindled his love affair with RB

with enough time you and I could become great friends, team up, and really take the text-game by storm yo! ;)

big baby
06-23-2014, 10:10 PM
stop saying yo you fucking jesse pinkman idiyote

patrown
08-25-2014, 06:16 AM
lol'd

:D but in all reality, i would participate in said cyphers. seriously.

it could be a new thing. somebody organize it.