PDA

View Full Version : Cavs' Irving accepts max contract extension

ESPN
07-01-2014, 02:22 AM
Kyrie Irving accepted the Cleveland Cavaliers' offer of a maximum contract extension this morning, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11160663/kyrie-irving-cleveland-cavaliers-accepts-max-contract-extension

uh-oh
07-01-2014, 06:59 AM
hmmm

Strikta
07-01-2014, 01:20 PM
Kid deserved it, w/out a doubt.

namix
07-01-2014, 03:31 PM
I'm glad CLE got that figured out before the free agency frenzy --- the promise of having irving + wiggins for the foreseeable future certainly can't hurt.

millz
07-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Kyrie is nice but he's not a max contract player.

namix
07-01-2014, 04:19 PM
Kyrie is nice but he's not a max contract player.

i dont disagree, but he's close enough to being someone who 'might be a max contract player' within the next 5 years, that it was a good investment by the cavs...

the lack of stability the cavs have had in recent years, its probably just as much about investing in a story so they can keep the 'rebuilding' process going.

for peer comparison sake though, how do you feel about Wall?

millz
07-01-2014, 05:05 PM
He's solid but not a max guy in my opinion.

There's prolly 10 guys or so worth a max deal. And that is prolly being generous.

uh-oh
07-01-2014, 07:06 PM
i think irving is a top 5 pg

but i mean i dunno. they need alot of help and i dont see how you can give anyone a max contract who's never led his team to a winning season

watsup with waiters tho namix?

do they use him as a pg too? i seen wiggins listed as a SG but word

i thought it would be

pg-irving
sg-waiters
sf-wiggins

wiggins needs to beef up tho i didnt follow alot of pro basketball last year, let alone college, but i dont see wiggins being dope like that. they shoulda got jabari parker

but in saying that i only watched one video where they played eachother, parker looked ready, wiggins looked good, gave alot of effort, but just seemed small as fuck like a twig

maybe thats why they list him at guard and not forward

millz
07-01-2014, 07:31 PM
Irving a top 5 pg. lol. Hahaha

Top 10?

millz
07-01-2014, 07:36 PM
In no order.

Cp3, Parker, Westbrook, curry, Lillard, rondo, rose. All easily better than Kyrie. You could argue john wall over him as well.

Kyrie is somewhere around 8,9,10.

Top 5. Lol

Witty
07-01-2014, 08:25 PM
I dunno why I'm here.

PancakeBrah
07-01-2014, 10:50 PM
Irving >>>>> Lillard

millz
07-01-2014, 11:45 PM
Yea now. Better scorer maybe. Not a better pg.

big baby
07-02-2014, 02:55 AM
millz uh oh dum he think lebron da best NFL player evah

El Muffin
07-02-2014, 03:53 AM
Am I the only one who thinks Wiggins will struggle mightily in the nba?

Ppl are blinded by his athleticism

He needs better ball handling imo..in addition to beefing up..

He will get bigger..question is will his fundamentals stagnate?

Certain
07-02-2014, 04:15 AM
Kyrie Irving is a max player. John Wall got the max last offseason before he had ever made a playoff or All-Star game and after coming off a knee injury for one of the worst teams in the NBA. I'd add that Tony Parker's workload has been reduced so much that he's not better, Rajon Rondo definitely wasn't better last year and Derrick Rose played like crap before the second injury.

Irving has remarkable feel for the game and will thrive with great teammates this summer at the FIBA World Cup. Lillard actually is the better scorer and decision-maker of of the two now, but Irving can dribble circles around him and has better upside. Keep in mind, he's 22. Lillard is about to turn 24.

Right now, I'd say:

1. Chris Paul
2. Russell Westbrook
3. Stephen Curry
4. Damian Lillard
5. Kyrie Irving
6. Goran Dragic
7. John Wall
8. Tony Parker
9. Mike Conley
10. Ty Lawson

I left Rondo and Rose off because no one knows what they'll look like next year.

namix
07-02-2014, 09:26 AM
i think irving is a top 5 pg

but i mean i dunno. they need alot of help and i dont see how you can give anyone a max contract who's never led his team to a winning season

watsup with waiters tho namix?

do they use him as a pg too? i seen wiggins listed as a SG but word

i thought it would be

pg-irving
sg-waiters
sf-wiggins

wiggins needs to beef up tho i didnt follow alot of pro basketball last year, let alone college, but i dont see wiggins being dope like that. they shoulda got jabari parker

but in saying that i only watched one video where they played eachother, parker looked ready, wiggins looked good, gave alot of effort, but just seemed small as fuck like a twig

maybe thats why they list him at guard and not forward

yea man, i thought the same thing - but i think, probably for the same reasons you highlighted, they think he'll be stronger as a 'big/long' 2 guard vs. SF.

i love waiters, he's a bull dog and is more clutch than some people recognize, but he and irving have never quite clicked - so im sure they'll trade him eventually. he can add good depth in the rotation since he can bring the ball up too, but word, i bet they move him eventually here man

Strikta
07-02-2014, 10:01 AM
Rondo will kill it next year. He's a natural.

Trip dub machine.