PDA

View Full Version : Rolando McClain unretires..

Diode
07-01-2014, 05:49 PM
And joins Dallas.

The lulz have only just begun.

millz
07-01-2014, 05:56 PM
I mean it's low risk at a position of dire need.

uh-oh
07-01-2014, 07:02 PM
how so?

you basically just gave a 6th round pick for a 7th round pick

mcclain won't even show up for training camp lol

i was hype for him, but his mind aint in it. i don't even think he un-retired

the ravens just traded the rights to him, meaning if he does un-retire, he will be a cowboy.

its ALL risk

best case scenario somehow he passes a physical and somehow plays after a year away from the game. i wish he wouldve been committed to football i wouldve liked to see him as a raven

but word he wont pass a physical, and if he does he's been stating he cares nothing for football anymore so at best you will have a guy collecting a paycheck

he's a bum

diode is right

lulz ensue

with me saying this, watch him be reignited tho with the spark and passion to play and be one of the best mlb'ers in the league lol

either way im over it. we got a solid starter in smith and a butkus award winner of our own, plus brown from last years draft who is bigger and flying around with a grasp on the defense finally

so even if mcclain un-retired as a raven he'd have to fight for a roster spot

at least in dallas he might see the field

Witty
07-01-2014, 07:04 PM
Great name.

millz
07-02-2014, 10:27 AM
how so?

you basically just gave a 6th round pick for a 7th round pick

mcclain won't even show up for training camp lol

i was hype for him, but his mind aint in it. i don't even think he un-retired

the ravens just traded the rights to him, meaning if he does un-retire, he will be a cowboy.

its ALL risk

best case scenario somehow he passes a physical and somehow plays after a year away from the game. i wish he wouldve been committed to football i wouldve liked to see him as a raven

but word he wont pass a physical, and if he does he's been stating he cares nothing for football anymore so at best you will have a guy collecting a paycheck

he's a bum

diode is right

lulz ensue

with me saying this, watch him be reignited tho with the spark and passion to play and be one of the best mlb'ers in the league lol

either way im over it. we got a solid starter in smith and a butkus award winner of our own, plus brown from last years draft who is bigger and flying around with a grasp on the defense finally

so even if mcclain un-retired as a raven he'd have to fight for a roster spot

at least in dallas he might see the field

How is it not a low risk situation. The odds of a 6th or 7th round pick making the team is less than 15%.

Dude was a former top 10 pick.

He wasn't awful when he played with the raiders but it's obvious that he wasn't mentally checked in. Can that be fixed ? Maybe maybe not. But even his worst season with Oakland 2012, he graded out as pro football focus' number 10 inside lb against the run. So even if he can only play 2 downs it's a steal.

The cowboys have little to no depth at lb.

Has McClain lived up to his hype? Hell no. But is he the second coming of Ryan leaf? Not at all.

Strikta
07-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Bum.

Hope he makes Dallas' roster tho.

Fart
07-03-2014, 04:45 PM
he's only there for leadership.

BROKE LESNAR
07-03-2014, 05:37 PM
Is this the same bum I suffered through with the Raiders? If so, rofl @ Dallas.

uh-oh
07-03-2014, 06:09 PM
it is

and millz i wasnt saying he sucks

im just saying it was a risk because you gave up a pick for essentially nothing, because he will not make your team

but i read yesterday the ravens only get the pick if mcclain gets half the defensive snaps? or some shit it didnt make sense

sounded dumb tho

so basically its a low to no risk situation

millz
07-03-2014, 06:17 PM
And it wasn't just for a pick. Ain't it swapping picks. Our 6th for your 7th and McClain

uh-oh
07-03-2014, 06:19 PM
yea

which would be dumb if it was a straight up trade, seeing as mcclain won't see one snap. but now that he has to actually play for the ravens to get that 6th rounder

it makes more sense for the cowboys

millz
07-03-2014, 06:21 PM
If McClain is on the 53-man roster for more than five games OR on the 46-man roster for more than three games in 2014, AND the Cowboys have a WORSE record than Baltimore in 2014, the two teams will swap seventh-round picks in the 2016 draft.

If McClain plays more than 50% of the Cowboys defensive snaps in 2014, Dallas would give up their sixth-round pick in 2015, and receive a 2015 seventh-round pick from Baltimore.

If McClain is on the 53-man roster for fewer than five games AND on the 46-man roster for fewer than three games in 2014, the Cowboys have a BETTER record than Baltimore in 2014, Dallas gives up nothing.

If McClain plays less than 50% of the Cowboys defensive snaps in 2014, AND the Cowboys have a BETTER record than Baltimore in 2014, Dallas gives up nothing.

That is supposedly the deal.

millz
07-03-2014, 06:22 PM
To me that's about as close to no risk you can get lol

uh-oh
07-03-2014, 06:48 PM
word at the time of my initial post there weren't details out except baltimore traded him for a 6th rounder, giving up a 7th rounder

which made it seem like dallas was throwing away a 6th rounder

which made it all risk, but then details came out and it actually made sense for the cowboys to do what they did