PDA

View Full Version : Sharp Nine vs. Windu Tuako {Windu Tuako wins}

~RustyGunZ~
07-07-2014, 05:24 PM
The 1-2 Punch League
Season 1

All rules are posted in a stickied thread in this forum. Go check before doing anything.

You MUST CHECK IN within 48 hours of the battle being started.

Sharp Nine Windu Tuako

Sharp
07-07-2014, 06:55 PM
Oh hey. Here

Window Taco
07-09-2014, 10:01 PM
Check

Window Taco
07-09-2014, 11:01 PM
If he a beast it's fantasy! So how can this yeti splatter me?/
If we see '9' split a 'cat' in 'half' then we bought an 'Eveready' battery!!!/

Sharp
07-09-2014, 11:45 PM
Windu with a chick? That's something you know's absurd
if a girl's reaching for Mace its cause this creepy fag's approaching her

El Muffin
07-10-2014, 12:09 AM
This mace guy has potential.

Ok first off I had to do research to understand mace`s line...so im going to do you a favor n explain ur bar for future voters itt

The everready logo is a cat leaping through the number nine...n jt is split in half in the process. K?

Cat split in half/vag beating ok dbl meaning

Now that we got that outta THE way id have to say I really liked the concept. It is clever n j can guarantee it hasn't been used on split before

For future reference mace try to tie ur set up with the punch better...something about him getting no pussy..coz ur setup as is is just unnecessary. Good concept...haven't seen that reference

Split your line was not bad BUT it was very predictable. Worded 10x better n polished..just the concept seemed like a nameplay he has seen dozens of times

Im at an impasse here..wording vs complexity

Im going with the latter

V/mace

Adonis
07-10-2014, 12:21 AM
Not a huge fan of either. 9 gave me the slightest of chuckle, while I read windu's bar like 12.times over the span of twenty minutes, I came to the conclusion that either in dumb or not, but the fact that I had to think that hard doesn't bode well for you. Still never got it either, sorry.

I get it now. And vote windu easy. Mad Witty and hit hard

BROKE LESNAR
07-10-2014, 02:15 AM
Once Muff helped me to understand what a battery was and who Everyready is and the cat in his logo jumping through a parted nine I really thought that Mace had it. Upon further examination I looked to the setup and tried to connect it to the closer. Basically what Mace did was used fantasy as a concept. By using the word fantasy to describe early on why Sharp isn't a beast, I was intrigued enough to keep reading. Shortly afterwards I came to a Yeti reference which, being a Yeti, is considered fantastical. Then he begged the question that if Sharp was a beast, in this case a Yeti, and a Yeti is fantastical, how could he possibly splatter him? This all tied the setup together very well. In the closer, Mace detailed Everyready's battery logo and suggested that if we would happen to see (Sharp) Nine split a cat in half, presumably with a 9mm, then that too would be fantasy bc we would actually only see that if we purchased Everyready's battery. This was a very creative bar that took patience and a deep appreciation for batteries.

Sharp used a np in a very obvious way, but it still was funny to me regardless how redundant the np may or may not be.

I have to go with Mace here.

Sharp's delivery and execution was much better, imo. Smooth. Mace used 2 if's to start each line, which really hurt the overall presentation. Imagine 2 why's, 2 who's, 2 what's, 2 when's etc. starting each line and that would explain my frustration.

v-Mace

Dominate
07-10-2014, 02:28 AM
Tricky one... Windu had the better concept but Sharp had the sharper delivery... I will have to lean towards the better concept in this instance and vote Windu, but not without some deliberation. The nameplay was fresh and executed well enough on the technical side, but the 'barrage' of 'words' presented like 'this' was unappealing... I think maybe dropping the inverted commas altogether and putting a pic of an everready battery after the bar would have been best. By contrast Sharp's delivery was smooth with a very natural sounding set up bar/rhyme. His concept was pretty decent, albeit somewhat familiar/generic (as the majority of bars are these days), but just not as much of a standout as the other.

V/ Windu

El Muffin
07-10-2014, 03:01 AM
yea my bad I misinterpreted the setup..it involves guns

Lol oddly enough I thought the punch involved pussy

N It still works tho

Fkn triple meaning maaaan

Amen
07-10-2014, 08:22 AM
v/Windu

Witty concept with OK execution vs. Basic Nameflip with moderate execution. I got the creative wits over the basic flip.

Blanco Bishop
07-10-2014, 10:27 PM
I like sharps bar. A decent setup n kept it clean in the closer with the wp.
Windu had good scheme rhyme wise n a pretty fluid concept throughout.

Imma have to go with windu, merely for being more complex n original. Good battle.

V windu

StarFaggot
07-11-2014, 11:43 AM
I thought Windus punch was stupid until I googled Eveready battery.

Sharp had a nice concept and solid execution.

Going with Windu for the visual

Camp Bell
07-11-2014, 06:40 PM
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i got wins punch out the gate and it was dope.

i never liked the fact that alot of NC battlers used "girlfriend attacks" just seems played and lazy IMO. i fucks wit sharp but this was easy. win gets my vote for originality and dopeness of his punch. sharp went light and it cost him.

vote: windu

Malachi
07-13-2014, 03:37 AM
V/ windu, that was dopee, it wouldve been better if it was more clear n had someone to explain it idk. but yeaa

sharp was nice but windu got it wit the complexity of it

King Ra.
07-13-2014, 11:27 AM
Windu had a solid overall punch from set up til the end. I understood the Everready concept off bat. Very complex and it connected. Sharp, smooth delivery, solid jab but the simplicity of your punch in comparison to your opponents is what loses it here for you. Just not as good as Windu's.

MVGT: Windu. Good job by both competitors.

Destroyer
07-13-2014, 04:39 PM
I gotta go with WINDU for creativity
both lines were dope tho, but damn

Paradigm
07-13-2014, 09:02 PM
Windu concept is dope but executed poorly, if his setup connected the concept better he easily takes this. Sharp kinda took easy route with the nameplay but his wording was executed well and connected nicely.

Vote - Sharp

~RustyGunZ~
07-16-2014, 04:28 PM
Windu wins 11-1