PDA

View Full Version : The 1-2 Punch Mag (Week 1)

~RustyGunZ~
07-07-2014, 05:41 PM
The Magazine

Hello all. I know these leagues are slow and not as interesting as the NBL, but it's a nice simple retreat during the off season of the big league. Anyone who was in my 1-2 league on NC 1.0 knows I keep shit interesting and active. Always expect a mag soon after battles are set, and a quality one at that. This one will be shorter due to no reviews or official rankings, but I'll do what I can. Anyone have any questions I'm always available through PM.

Let's start with the track of the day. Gotta keep you all up to date on the freshest shit.

Track of the Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK-IwBJBnsA

~RustyGunZ~
07-07-2014, 06:07 PM
Week 1 Previews

Here's what we're working with this week.....

Swerve vs. King Ra.

Swerve aka Patrick is always pretty fresh, one of the best signed in right now. King Ra. is mostly a topical head as far as I know, but I've seen him battle a time or two. I don't remember him being great so he probably isn't to amazing. Swerve has competed with some of the best and held his own, so I see him taking this pretty easily.

Winner: Swerve 75/25

Greed vs. BROKE LESNAR

So now I know Greed is Pryde. Not sure if he's elevated at all but he used to be eh. Could drop nice here and there. Has a hole in his neck and shit. BROKE was dope in battles back on NC 1. No idea how much rust he has, and he was never a heavy punch hitter, mostly consistently good/okay that won him battles. A former bear so you know he's good. I'd say if he isn't TOO rusty he takes this, but Pryde could be even just a bit better than he used to be and take it. Based on the time off, I'd say Greed has a good chance to take this.

Winner: Greed 51/49

Malachi vs. Destroyer

Destro da god. He's good, always seemed to do well in these leagues. Never saw him champ but apparently he did once. Malachi was okay before I went MIA for awhile, not sure how actively he's been battling and if he's sharpened up yet. Des seems to be doing text consistently and making himself top competition in the current sea of textcees, so I don't see him losing here even if the young jizz lord has improved.

Winner: Destroyer 70/30

Lyfza Gamble vs. Doug Funny

The heroine killer Sho Money. He was good in longbar. Last I checked didn't get much better in shortbar. Everyone hates him 'cus he's a dirt, but I don't mind him. He should make actual music again instead of devolving to text. He has a grasp of good bars at least though. Doug is new and haven't seen anything great from him. If he's an alias he could win. He probably is cus people were calling him Bags. I'd say without confidence Gamblini takes this.

Winner: Lyfza Gamble 55/45

Adonis vs. Blanco Bishop

Don't know much of either. Blanco might be from RB? If so he's probably just okay. Adonis is a good topical head and they usually aren't great at text. He's from PR I think thought and maybe used to be good at battling. Who knows, I'll call it a toss up for now but based on my gut I'd say...

Winner: Adonis 51/49

Sharp Nine vs. Windu Tuako

So I'm assuming Windu is an alias. Kind of dumb with the whole sig/avy match up to a lame name. He's probably dagel or one of those weirdos. I'll assume he's okay at best. Sharp is good. Probably gotten better with time. Even if he's busy and drops a rushed bar it'll win. Unless Windu is somehow a good alias.

Winner: Sharp Nine 90/10

Unfukwitable vs. YDK

I think Unfukwitable was around during lonbar days. He's probably been active since that whole scene died and is from RR. YDK has always been .500 in the 1-2 when I've been around, he's not the greatest. I'd give him the edge here though unless gay name is someone else.

Winner: YDK 60/40

KnowP vs. Paradigm

KnowP is cool. I think he's one of the better RB heads, but he doesn't really drop fire, just consistent okay stuff and a good bar here and there. He's capable though. Para was top tier and one of the best IMO during the old days of IHH/HF and he is doing well to me in the new scene as well. Won TUT that I ran on NC 1 and seemed to get pretty crisp wording for the shortbar style. I see him taking this with a more clever bar vs. an average punch.

Winner: Paradigm 65/35

Witty vs. Defiant

Diso isn't great. He's been just okay or bad at times for like a decade. Witty is a poem guy and has never dropped anything in battles I've been amazed by. He might drop something funny though, he's a humorous poster so that's always a possibility. I'd say Def takes it though with some decent wordplay or something.

Winner: Defiant 60/40

Beyond vs. ill fig-A

Fig is a cool dude. Cops love him. He might be a snitch. That's a bad trait. Beyond is lame and has one eye but he's great at text. I don't see Fig taking this in any way. He appears to have not even meant to sign in to the league anyway.

Winner: Beyond 99/1

jilti vs. Dominate

jilti is a weird name, thought it was a spam bot but I guess it just wants to battle. Dominate is top 10 of all time to me, longbar or shortbar. He's dope and will kill the new guy whether it's an alias or not. Unless it's a legend. But that's doubtful.

Winner: Dominate 99/1

Allen Knight vs. Amen

AK is one of the best heads active, but rushes almost everything. Amen is pretty decent on RB, not the greatest but could make some waves if he tries. I still see Allen taking this though, and probably champing in the first few weeks if he doesn't just post w/e.

Winner: Allen Knight 70/30

~RustyGunZ~
07-07-2014, 06:09 PM
Track of the Week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg4amJWt32c

~RustyGunZ~
07-07-2014, 07:04 PM
Power Rankings

I'm going to do an estimate here on who will rise to the top. This won't really be based on talent, as much as it will be based on who I think is going to show the most and utilize the ranking system the most. A lot of the dope heads will be in and out week by week probably, as that is usually how it works out. Who knows though.

#5. Swerve

Dope head. I think he'll do well in battles but no show a few times and/or sign out a few weeks. I also think he'll vote a lot though and use those extra points to rise quickly. He could definitely be top 3 though, even #1.

Some fire from Patrick...

vs. Strikta
Timmy the wiggy, you’re just an african wannabe and always up to no good,
But one punch’ll leave you in the dark…yet you’d use that to claim you’re from a black neighborhood.

vs. Dominate
You scare tourists away from Australia cause you’re sad and you’re shitty,
I’m wondering how the country Canberra faggot like you living near its capital city.

#4. Destroyer

Has Champed and is good. Not always the most heavy hitting, but consistent and I think he'll show mostly. And vote. Depending on who else signs in and how much people actually show up he could champ again.

Some dope bars by Destro da god

vs. Karaoke
compared to u, i'm the rookie, but i'm throwing rights, lefts and hooks...see
& none of my punches will miss kare cuz des is taking the life out this pussy

vs. Maximus
spring's coming but where I stay at it's still like three below
so u know I put it on to 'air Max' when I let my heater blow

#3. Allen Knight

AK is one of the best on NC when he tries. Always killing cyphers and will be active. Could def see him champing at least once this season.

Dopeness from AK..

vs. Tettris
Those concerts r a snooze fest, ppl leave n boo u son
cuz ur music has as much crowd control as riot gear & rubber bullets do to one

vs. Bags
Ull neva get verse of the torney & ima slam the subject
Only time u drop gold gym, u canceled ur membership for shittin ur pants in public

#2. Beyond

Would be #1 but I think he'll sign in and out and not vote as much as he should. Could be wrong but he hasn't been the same ole Beyond for quite some time. Less of a team player.

Some sick shit from James....

vs. Karpis
You don’t talk nothin bold & u ain’t got a top hunnid flow.
Every ock fuckin knows ur Socialite enough to prove ur not 1 of those

vs. AK
Girls run from u cuz ur a shitty investment, always getting neglected.
It's expected that we'd see Alpine over a bitch that moved to that city in Texas.

#1. Dominate

IF he stays active he'll champ the most regardless of who signs in and out. Always fresh with the nameplays and wordplays which are key in these leagues.

Fire from the kid..

vs. Swerve
Fuck ur Australia punches, keep thinking those lines are in fine taste
At least MY version of an Outback doesn’t need corrective surgery & a spine brace

vs. Cashius
You’re boring as fuck. Don’t have what it takes to topple a great’s lines
Your personality’s Behr & you’re bout as much fun as watching that Paint dry

Honorable mentions: Sharp Nine, Paradigm

~RustyGunZ~
07-07-2014, 07:05 PM
That's all for now, might add an interview later. Anything you'd like to see in future mags, let me know

~RustyGunZ~
07-07-2014, 07:12 PM
Swerve Orc King Ra. Defiant Unfukwitable Allen Knight Amen Sharp Nine Windu Tuako jilti Destroyer Malachi Dominate Greed BROKE LESNAR YDK Witty ill fig-A Beyond KnowP Paradigm Adonis Blanco Bishop Lyfza Gamble Doug Funny

Sho Money EMG
07-07-2014, 07:25 PM
Nice work @ Knuck.

U know damn well I thrive in these one bar battles tho g, I was a king back in the day w/ these types of tournaments

Allen Knight
07-07-2014, 08:02 PM
Dope shit brah

YDK
07-07-2014, 08:11 PM
Dope shit thanks for the quickeness lol

King Ra.
07-07-2014, 10:56 PM
Good work.

Amen
07-07-2014, 11:40 PM
Love getting slept on, Allen - tell these boys what I did too you in our last 1-2 face off, my nigga... Go-head, tell'em... Don't be scurd nigga, tell'em lmaoooo. Word, tho.

Unfukwitable
07-07-2014, 11:52 PM
Dope mag... Gd luck to everyone

e11even
07-08-2014, 05:32 AM
i'll be here next week. AOWL invading the 1-2... nice mag.

StarFaggot
07-08-2014, 11:30 AM
Great mag. I'd rep you but I've already gave you that negative work.

Strikta
07-08-2014, 11:32 AM
Cool lil mag.

Gamble need to stfu w/ his garbage self tho.

Destroyer
07-08-2014, 12:11 PM
good shit

BROKE LESNAR
07-08-2014, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the mag, Knuck. Good stuff.

KnowP
07-08-2014, 05:33 PM
yeah yeah son. dope maggg. need to see some eye candy after reading about these fags. lol all good though man. That LOX joint is a hitter. respects.

Orc
07-08-2014, 05:47 PM
Dope stuff. Edit the boy in

Amen
07-08-2014, 05:57 PM
Orc - you're one sexy bitch, bro lolol

Swerve
07-08-2014, 06:30 PM
First battle mag I've seen in forever. Good stuff Knuck

BEARS NIGGUH

Dominate
07-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Good mag, thanks for posting

Orc
07-08-2014, 06:43 PM
Orc - you're one sexy bitch, bro lolol

U knw it

Amen
07-08-2014, 07:15 PM
Hahaha

Blanco Bishop
07-09-2014, 05:18 PM
Good mag. Looking forward to this.

El Muffin
07-09-2014, 09:10 PM
This amen guy annoying as fuck

U like below avg on your homesite dunny..save the misplaced ego till you actually done some shit scrap

Not a good look

Amen
07-10-2014, 05:12 PM
This amen guy annoying as fuck

U like below avg on your homesite dunny..save the misplaced ego till you actually done some shit scrap

Not a good look

Shut up, faggot. Ignore my post if agitates the sand in your vagina. Nothing was said towards you, so GTFO. Allen's my nigga an knows I was joking, Labia face.

Orc
07-10-2014, 06:17 PM
Where is beyond and when's it due

El Muffin
07-10-2014, 09:51 PM
Shut up, faggot. Ignore my post if agitates the sand in your vagina. Nothing was said towards you, so GTFO. Allen's my nigga an knows I was joking, Labia face.

Sup nigga

~RustyGunZ~
07-10-2014, 11:46 PM
Where is beyond and when's it due

Saturday

El Muffin
07-11-2014, 12:09 AM
Im hyped to start writing again

Theres nothing to do but work eat sleep on this godforsaken barge

Amen
07-11-2014, 10:42 AM
Sup nigga

You tell me.

El Muffin
07-11-2014, 07:52 PM
Shit. Im coolin.

Whos doing things at rb?

The forum hasnt been loading properly for me

Amen
07-12-2014, 09:45 AM
Shit. Im coolin.

Whos doing things at rb?

The forum hasnt been loading properly for me

Not sure, I don't pay to much mind to the politics, bro. Just show up to battles I'm scheduled in and talk shit to certain individual homo-erotics there.