PDA

View Full Version : Allen Knight vs. Amen {Allen Knight wins}

~RustyGunZ~
07-07-2014, 06:56 PM
The 1-2 Punch League
Season 1

All rules are posted in a stickied thread in this forum. Go check before doing anything.

You MUST CHECK IN within 48 hours of the battle being started.

Allen Knight Amen

Allen Knight
07-07-2014, 06:57 PM
In

Amen
07-07-2014, 11:42 PM
Yerp.

Amen
07-12-2014, 09:17 AM
AK is one of the best heads active, but rushes almost everything

Mr. Allen Knight, who niggas claim drops scary text, but forced,
When it comes down to the Grand Scheme of things, you'll be buried next to yours.

~RustyGunZ~
07-12-2014, 09:28 AM
Allen Knight

Allen Knight
07-12-2014, 12:47 PM
The hos u get are hideous as fuck, check wat this lame started
Last bitch that amazon, look like she slitherd out the black lagoons of the rainforest

Greed
07-12-2014, 12:59 PM
Grand scheme was a alright idea, but the punch itself didnt sting to me. Maybe it should of been 'in the grand scheme, yours is anything but that' or something. Idk. Ak line was solid.

V ak

BROKE LESNAR
07-12-2014, 01:01 PM
Allen should have won this. The concept was great, wording was condensed and easy to read, it was humorous, and the delivery top to bottom was flawless. But there was a huge mistake that I couldn't overlook bc it was the primary component keeping the entire bar together, and that was the np. Amen and Amazon are pronounced differently. Aim-en/Aim-azon. That completely ruined it for me. I'm so pissed at you, AK. Rofl.

Amen's bar didn't have the same qualities as AK's, or I should say it wasn't constructed as well as his. The way the setup ended, it made it choppy enough to throw me off. BUT, I dug the concept and thought it was actually on the same level as AK's as far as being dope.

Had AK's np, being very important to the execution of his theme, hadn't been so big of an oversight, I would have easily voted for him.

But it's an oversight I can't ignore.

v-Amen

Allen Knight
07-12-2014, 01:08 PM
Allen should have won this. The concept was great, wording was condensed and easy to read, it was humorous, and the delivery top to bottom was flawless. But there was a huge mistake that I couldn't overlook bc it was the primary component keeping the entire bar together, and that was the np. Amen and Amazon are pronounced differently. Aim-en/Aim-azon. That completely ruined it for me. I'm so pissed at you, AK. Rofl.

Amen's bar didn't have the same qualities as AK's, or I should say it wasn't constructed as well as his. The way the setup ended, it made it choppy enough to throw me off. BUT, I dug the concept and thought it was actually on the same level as AK's as far as being dope.

Had AK's np, being very important to the execution of his theme, hadn't been so big of an oversight, I would have easily voted for him.

But it's an oversight I can't ignore.

v-Amen

I was just using am part of his name not his whole but ok

BROKE LESNAR
07-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Yeah but even if you just use Am, it's either pronounced Aim or Ohm. Not Am as in Amazon.

So although -azon worked great, Aim-azon and Ohm-azon doesn't work. I'm not trying to be a dick here, man.

Blanco Bishop
07-12-2014, 06:29 PM
Wording in aks was dope. Fluidity as well as great imagery was present buuut i couldnt make amen n amzon fit. As hard as i tried to look at it i just couldnt.

Amens wording was off but u get the meaning bhind the concept.

Vote amen

El Muffin
07-12-2014, 11:12 PM
Oh shit I can totally see why ak would come up with that and become content with the result...

Hes using the am part of his name but made the mistake of not realizing that part of his name is pronounced aim instead of am. FUCK..this is some precedent setting shit right here. As a major advocate of wp im surprised I never ran into this problem. I bet allen had a oh fuck moment when the furst vote came in.

Coz that concept was great...just didnt work.

Amen ur shit was pretty good. Slightly above avg. Thought u cud have approached it differently but nevertheless it worked

V/amen

Feel bad for ak.

Hopefully we all learn suttin from this

The case of allen knight vs amen

Docket#13468

Lol

Greed
07-13-2014, 12:46 AM
Niggas voting weird today. When is it ever aim-azon.

Its not ohm-en its ahmen, which is just about fucking right. Fuck you guys doing.

BROKE LESNAR
07-13-2014, 01:08 AM
Niggas voting weird today. When is it ever aim-azon.

Its not ohm-en its ahmen, which is just about fucking right. Fuck you guys doing.

That was exactly my point. It ISN'T aim-azon. It ISN'T ohm-azon. It ISN'T ahm-azon. It's AM-AZON. Do you pronounce Amen, AMen? No. It has never been pronounced AMen, so if you're pronouncing it AMen, you're doing it wrong.

El Muffin
07-13-2014, 01:10 AM
Lol Greed

Its either ah men

Or ay men

Amazon am ah zohn

Ahm men
Ay men

If your going to critique our votes at least know wut ur tlkn about

Ur fucking wrong

Js

Malachi
07-13-2014, 01:40 AM
Hm this one was hard to vote for

i wasnt really feelin Amens but Allens was a reachh lol but the concept was good.

V/ amen

Greed
07-13-2014, 02:31 AM
Ya'll niggas say amazon like some fucking faggots shut the hell up.

Amen
07-13-2014, 09:34 AM
Greed's just trying to justify his dick riding antics. It's ok bro. I accept your hate votes all the time. Mother fucker votes against me every time, no matter if he's the only one hahaha.

King Ra.
07-13-2014, 11:20 AM
Hmm, interesting. This was you can say was definitely close. For Amen, the 'grand scheme'/buried next to yours I get the concept you were going for, a personal shot, but this should have been worded differently to really make a bigger impact. But it was a solid attempt. AK, I also tried to dissect the Amazon play, but it doesn't really work in connection to your opponent. I get you using the first two letters of his name, but it is forced. But the bigger aspect is, lame started/rainforest do not rhyme at all. Surprised at how this one turned out.

MVGT: Amen. Good job by both competitors.

Adonis
07-13-2014, 04:53 PM
I have no problem with the amazon thing, I did however not like you simply saying he gets ugly girls, although there was humor there. I liked the scheme, grave play though..

V amenzon

Paradigm
07-13-2014, 08:47 PM
lol @ explaining it in the chat that it was connected to his grand parent dying, that connection is way off especially with no connection to "grand scheme of things" idiom. Allens bar was good but completely missed with the pronunciation of amens name.

This is tough, Amens bar didn't connect really at all to a good bar with a miss on pronunciation.

Vote - Allen Knight

Dominate
07-14-2014, 11:01 AM
V/ AK

Am is an acceptable shortening of Amen IMO. Same way 'Bey' plays are acceptable on Beyond even though that part isn't pronounced that way in the full name.

Not super clean, but the punch and flip were strong enough to overpower Amen's bar, which was a really good personal concept but lacked in the delivery/execution.

Doug Funny
07-15-2014, 08:20 PM
I liked the battle. I like both lines. I think Allen was more complex

Vote allen

Swerve
07-15-2014, 11:18 PM
TBH, I couldn't get into Am is on....it was rough...but Amen's line was doing absolutely nothing for me....at least Allen tried.

V/ Allen Knight

~RustyGunZ~
07-16-2014, 04:23 PM
6-5 Amen

Camp Bell
07-16-2014, 08:58 PM
lmaoo yall funny

but anyway, this was simple to me. the amazon line was weak and it was weak cuz of concept as well as a forced np. the grand scheme line was ehh as well, just lacked power IMO. but the grand scheme happened to be the lesser of two evils. good battle gentlemen.

vote: amen.

Destroyer
07-16-2014, 09:29 PM
I got AK here too
basically, Am works as in Amazon because it's just shortening the shit
and then using how it looks in text
this is text anyways, right? right?

v/AK

Velocity
07-16-2014, 10:34 PM
Amens made sense, AK came off wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to forced.

El Muffin
07-16-2014, 11:21 PM
So basically its ok to used forced wp now

Alright, cool ..unleash the hounds

Btw good point on the bey shit..didnt even look at it like that.

I would like to change my vote...my vote as is makes me a major hypocrite

thx to whomever pointed out the bey angle
Paradigm ?

Good looks

Certain
07-16-2014, 11:26 PM
I don't get how Allen Knight's text-based wordplay in a text battle is being ripped apart and no one is pointing out that Amen's line doesn't make any sense.

Vote: Allen Knight

Amen
07-16-2014, 11:31 PM
Lol @ made no sense. Smh, stupid ass dude.

Certain
07-16-2014, 11:32 PM
No one here thinks you're more intelligent than me. Even the people who like you and dislike me don't think that. So let's see an explanation.

"Grand scheme of things" means what to you?

Amen
07-16-2014, 11:34 PM
Lol @ you really thinking that you are "more" intelligent. Shut the fuck up, faggot. Go back to writing your man poems, you suck at text battling, son.

Certain
07-16-2014, 11:39 PM
You can't explain your punchline, can you?

Allen Knight has explained his, though everyone understood it the first time because it was intelligible.

Really, I probably should just ban you again. There was no agreement among the admins to stop banning you on sight at any point.

Here's your chance: Explain your punchline, or I'm banning you.

Paradigm
07-17-2014, 01:02 AM
Hey I pointed out it didn't make any sense lol

and I told you Amen slow slow his role or I would ban him again. I think his adhd meds wore off or something.

~RustyGunZ~
07-17-2014, 06:14 AM

Allen Knight has explained his, though everyone understood it the first time because it was intelligible.

Really, I probably should just ban you again. There was no agreement among the admins to stop banning you on sight at any point.

Stop being lame man

Defiant
07-17-2014, 07:08 AM
Neither was great but ak's was slightly better
A better flip by amen woulda got the win IMO

Vote - Allen knight

~RustyGunZ~
07-17-2014, 07:37 AM
8-8

dear god

El Muffin
07-17-2014, 08:06 AM
Change my vote to ak. For reasons mentioned in here and chat

If des bayonet line works..so does this.

Broke fucked me all up by being the first to mention that angle.

Amen
07-17-2014, 08:14 AM
Hey I pointed out it didn't make any sense lol

and I told you Amen slow slow his role or I would ban him again. I think his adhd meds wore off or something.

Ban me again? Lmao. Ok... Ban an active member who votes and battles. It's no wonder this site is fucking dead, smh...

Dominate
07-17-2014, 08:20 AM
thx to whomever pointed out the bey angle
Paradigm ?

Good looks

Me. You're welcome :)

Amen
07-17-2014, 08:26 AM

It has been explained several times. Look in the chat,
Moron & go on and ban me, you act like I give a fuck. Only came over to help paradigm try and get the text scene active again over here with summer classic and 1-2. Either way, don't give a fuck, shmuck.

Paradigm
07-17-2014, 08:49 AM
Ban me again? Lmao. Ok... Ban an active member who votes and battles. It's no wonder this site is fucking dead, smh...

That's why I unbanned you because you are active. I told you if you were going to be annoying again I would reverse it. Look around, the site isn't dead. Change your attitude.

StarFaggot
07-18-2014, 10:35 AM
V/ AK

Am is an acceptable shortening of Amen IMO. Same way 'Bey' plays are acceptable on Beyond even though that part isn't pronounced that way in the full name.

Not super clean, but the punch and flip were strong enough to overpower Amen's bar, which was a really good personal concept but lacked in the delivery/execution.

I was going to say exactly that.

Malachi
07-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Why this shit still open ?