The Summer Classic VII
Netcees Premier Text Battling Tournament
namix Greed
Rules

Due Dates:

Verses are due MONDAY,
July 14th 2014 11:59 PM PST.
Check Ins are due FRIDAY, July 11th 2014
Voting ends Friday July 18th 2014 11:59 PM PST.
Battles that lack votes may close later.
One sided battles may get closed early.
Extensions are 24 hours
You will be GRANTED ONE EXTENSION throughout the Tourney. Any extension beyond the first will result in loss of votes.

Line Limit:

Min. = 10 lines
Max. = 16 lines
Limit MUST be agreed upon

General Rules:

1st person to post can't edit after the 2nd person posts.
2nd person to post can't edit after a vote has been made.
Feeding = DQ.
Recycling = DQ.
Biting = DQ.
No freeposting, swaying or bitching.
Unless a picture battle is agreed upon,
linking to your opponent's picture or posting it
means you will be disqualified.
A check in IS mandatory.
Competitors should agree on a line limit in their check in.
If no line limit is agreed on, then the 2nd person to post
must match the 1st person's line amount.

namix
07-15-2014, 03:02 AM
so, what do we know about greed? hmmm

we know he aint rich, talks too much about green; never really ever even wondered why.
and we also know he aint broke….
or he just humiliated the shit outta himself in the punch league…and was also the other guy!
‘doc, my cough’s led to a sore throat’, ‘I bet, but let’s check that tumor emerging from it too..
the way a cyst’s just poppin up like that… expect results to look like lebron & irving in the Q.’
I was already droppin heat, but now I got this deng replacement! verses a verse which is so-so
shoulda tried the bron move… for future decisions v. you, I’ll just pull ‘em off with no-shows.
im like a wild street fighter riding on an unleashed tiger, he dont appeal to my taste.
compared to me? he's more of a middle east cease fire…… cuz Greed: Israelite wait.
since i am simply sick of his persistent bitchin: ‘peeps are biased!’, ‘their feed’s dishonest!’
im gonna finish this by just admittin that im dick-ridden, and then leave havin a greed upon it.

Greed
07-15-2014, 05:40 AM
I saw you beef with my brother mane, that shit was dumb and lame
If you wanna watch Aero die namix I'll toss you out a fuckin plane
You confound your peers, making spreadsheets sounding queer
How tf u a baller when you barely pay the bills around here?
I be stackin them fat checks while namix still lack at text
Ur so purposely wack The Mind Assassinwould tip his hat in respect
Step back or get slain, the only thing I feel about your style is shame
I think ur concept of writing is equivalent to that of fig baby kick game
Basically u dont belong in the league. Big dogs hate getting bothered by fleas
Sad that the God of war gave you this battle site only to get slaughtered by me

Velocity
07-17-2014, 12:52 AM
Namix had nothing surpisingly.

vs

Greed fell off after the opener, but still had LOTB.

Ghost1
07-17-2014, 08:10 PM
so, what do we know about greed? hmmm

Lol hmmmm..stfu

we know he aint rich, talks too much about green; never really ever even wondered why.
and we also know he aint broke….
or he just humiliated the shit outta himself in the punch league…and was also the other guy!

Dqmn this shit wordy as fuck. Not cool. Personal and concept were cool but i wouodve condensed the shit outta this....

‘doc, my cough’s led to a sore throat’, ‘I bet, but let’s check that tumor emerging from it too..
the way a cyst’s just poppin up like that… expect results to look like lebron & irving in the Q.’

A cyst/assist is ok i guess.....the in joke is that he has a hole in his throat tho...not sure if u were trynna play off that .. or if u just reachin hard....e8ther way....nah.

I was already droppin heat, but now I got this deng replacement! verses a verse which is so-so
shoulda tried the bron move… for future decisions v. you, I’ll just pull ‘em off with no-shows.

Alotta w9rds for nuthin

im like a wild street fighter riding on an unleashed tiger, he dont appeal to my taste.
compared to me? he's more of a middle east cease fire…… cuz Greed: Israelite wait.

Woddplay is good enuff at the end....but the concept is forced imo

since i am simply sick of his persistent bitchin: ‘peeps are biased!’, ‘their feed’s dishonest!’
im gonna finish this by just admittin that im dick-ridden, and then leave havin a greed upon it.

I like this

[/QUOTE]

LOL. Greed wins the battle.

You confound your peers, making spreadsheets sounding queer
How tf u a baller when you barely pay the bills around here?

Got em

I be stackin them fat checks while namix still lack at text
Ur so purposely wack The Mind Assassinwould tip his hat in respect

Meh this is light

Step back or get slain, the only thing I feel about your style is shame
I think ur concept of writing is equivalent to that of fig baby kick game

Disc board punch...eh...didnt hit too hard imo

Basically u dont belong in the league. Big dogs hate getting bothered by fleas
Sad that the God of war gave you this battle site only to get slaughtered by me

Eh

Namix verse was way too wordy....almost as bad as veritas shit smh. His closer was ok...an the lesnar personao had potential.....greed had his 2 opening bangers that mopped up namix sloppy verse w ease if u ask me.....tho he fell off immediately after.... I get namix was pressed for time....which is understandable....but it showed.

V greed

Certain
07-18-2014, 12:35 AM
namix: I liked the opening line a lot, though the wording on it was stretched beyond belief. The double up on LeBron James lines seemed like a self-serving move. Obviously that's at the top of your mind right now, but one would have hammered the point home. And neither was all that great. The wording on the decisions line screwed up a good concept. I liked the light weight pun but didn't get the "Greed:" part of the wording there. Just a few instances where tightening things up could have made your clever concepts more effective. The closer was fine. This doesn't compare to your more inspired work, even the more recent stuff I've seen from you.

Greed: The opener was not only the best line of the battle, but also one of the better lines I've read on this site. It was really well-worded and effective. I didn't like much else about this verse, though. The last line had a lot of potential but was sloppily worded. The barely paying the bills line was solid enough. Outside of that opener, your mechanics and wording were pretty much mediocre and your concepts were lackluster. The Mind Assassin line only works if you misunderstand everything about him. Also, the word is "purposefully." But I think the two hits about owning the site plus the very strong opener are just enough to give you this one.

Vote: Greed

ill nik-A
07-18-2014, 09:24 AM
This is not the old namix I know, I felt an overload of words with concepts that could've been done better, I wasn't digging this much, opener and closer had potential but wasn't a fan of the wording, Greeks opener was dope af, but then had nada, I mean the second bar coulda also been a killer but worded too simple

V neck hole

Suthaveli
07-18-2014, 10:57 AM
That areo dynamics line was animal.

Alvin Karpis
07-18-2014, 11:56 AM
Wow, fuckin neck gets this

WTF namix? aero line was fire, rest was ok few statements

But obviously namix rusty as hell and just didn't bring it

v/pryde

namix
07-18-2014, 12:25 PM
lol yea i had a new client out of nowhere, then had to pull an all nighter, so word.

i liked the aero die namix line.

liked it more when blue bayou did it though heh

murda sho
07-18-2014, 07:18 PM
Greed

Namix

-

This battle was full of misses, Greed your verse had the better flow but light punches, it started off dope though with this bar, Namix you had maybe two bars that would have hit to me like the cyst bar and maybe the Broke bar but your wording completely destroyed them... mvgt Greed

Sharp
07-18-2014, 10:35 PM
sorry on my phone can expand if needed

I liked the assist idea from namix but everything was a bit to wordy to hit effectively

aerodynamics line was well executed albeit probably played, but enough to take this battle IMO. not by much but

v/greed

Paradigm
07-19-2014, 02:50 AM
Greed wins 7-0.