PDA

View Full Version : Hope y'all don't mind audio....track off upcoming mix CD

Rojo187
07-01-2013, 01:47 PM
http://hu.lk/5mdrnewmi000

What's goody y'all...I used to do text way back in the day at Lyrikal War and RM...and a 411hype...around 00-02 so I credit sites like these for really getting me into hip hop so basically I'm a textcee that went audio lol...but yea I got this joint off my mixtape Illegal Radio coming soon and I would like some feedback...the songs not fully mixed...beat got tags on it and everything lol....but this my fuck illuminati joint...I like to call it rebel music...hope you enjoy..

Coup
07-01-2013, 07:48 PM
you evolved man, many don't...props

good intro man...kept the anticipation front on the edge of tha proverbial chair...was just waitin' for the bass to que drop

had a rza like feel

"make some enemies before you make that money boy" true

good vocal delivery...to offer a neg I'd say each of ya verses seemed like a 1st verse....maybe give each section more of a melodic presentation especially in the third verse. just seemed no change in energy and tone in the whole song, which gave this a tiresome feel toward the end....decent re-playability tho.

no hate, you got real talent.

Split
07-01-2013, 07:52 PM
cool cool. Yeah ditch those backup vocals and tags other than that u got a pretty good delivery and style

Rojo187
07-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Good looks...much appreciated....

..Will def return the favor...

Rojo187
07-01-2013, 08:18 PM
and I def see what you mean with the same energy can get a lil redundant...

...I was thinking but since I plan on performing...I couldn't take no crazy risks musically cuz I have to be able to perform with high energy...but you def got a strong ear to point that out cuz not many don't..

..That's why I came back to texting...cuz y'all are (sometimes unfairly) very critical of lyricism and have s feel understanding of the complexity of rap..

..found out the hard way that alot of things held dear on rap forums don't translate well to recording in major studios and trying to get airplay and recognition in the local area...

Man...it was a struggle to get where I'm at lol and I came back to improve my craft...

Coup
07-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Word Rojo, big ups for sharing this track

I hear ya on the unfairness of textcees critiquing those who are more lyrically inclined...I'm not so gifted. But we all listen to the mainstream stuff that each of "us" try to elevate to, so to speak, and if nothing else it's the measure to judge...and all is subjective, as you said this if for live entertainment as well...big diff.

..found out the hard way that alot of things held dear on rap forums don't translate well to recording in major studios and trying to get airplay and recognition in the local area...

truth. though I don't consider rap my main taste in music...but I hear loud and clear. the forum culture exists in a bubble of sorts...you can only do you. you got balls man

Rojo187
07-01-2013, 08:42 PM
Salute my boy...

Rojo187
07-03-2013, 01:51 AM
bumping this bad boy

Spoken
07-03-2013, 02:05 AM
I will listen to this when I head into work

Rojo187
07-03-2013, 11:50 PM
bumping...

Vulgar
07-04-2013, 12:41 AM
Very good quality. You have a grimy voice too. The chorus is nice and mingles well with the beat.. nice @ the drone strike line. Cuddle line was wack to me. Sometimes it's hard to understand you.. some slight accent or way about your delivery that makes it sound a little bit vague. Otherwise this was a chill joint.

Keep doing you