Meth
07-27-2014, 06:55 PM
Seems legit

ribbit
07-28-2014, 12:45 PM
Am i in this i aint seen a thread for me in rd 1

Fig
07-28-2014, 01:40 PM
i dont know how you chose the instrumentals, but you should have everyone give suggestions for beats. Or you could ask me.

just a thought

Mike Wrecka
07-28-2014, 02:07 PM
i dont know how you chose the instrumentals, but you should have everyone give suggestions for beats. Or you could ask me.

just a thought

Good idea. Next round

Mike Wrecka
07-28-2014, 03:25 PM
Am i in this i aint seen a thread for me in rd 1

my bad. I thought you said you wouldn't be ready in time for round 1.

you still wanna get in it? I could put you in the tourny

kannon
07-29-2014, 01:37 AM
Will I be disqualified for using my own beat?

Cause im gonna use my own beat.

ribbit
07-29-2014, 05:52 AM
Aye sign me in plz

Half Wit It
07-29-2014, 09:02 AM
Will I be disqualified for using my own beat?

Cause im gonna use my own beat.

That defeats the purpose fam.

kannon
07-29-2014, 01:49 PM
That defeats the purpose fam.

the purpose is dumb as fuck though, fam.

I literally only signed up so lyfza gamble would have to battle me.

The beat they gave me is ass.

Plus why we gotta use the same beat? That's whack as fuck. I'm way less inclined to vote on some shit if both people use the same beat. Plus with vague ass topics like "happiness," what the fuck is any of that. This is already a circus. And I'm only here to beat the shit out of a few carnies.

Half Wit It
07-29-2014, 02:05 PM

Plus why we gotta use the same beat? That's whack as fuck. I'm way less inclined to vote on some shit if both people use the same beat. Plus with vague ass topics like "happiness," what the fuck is any of that. This is already a circus. And I'm only here to beat the shit out of a few carnies.

I'm assuming the purpose of using the same beat is to determine who's lyrically more talented. Using two different beats makes it kinda seem like a diss track tourney. Plus didn't you know what the stipulations were when you signed up??

Also if you only wanted to battle Gamble why not just do it in BA?

kannon
07-29-2014, 02:12 PM
cause Lyfza Gamble is a pussy, and wouldn't accept the battle. just kept talking about all the things he would do. This seemed like the easiest way to publicly humiliate him, so here I am.

but fine. If yall want me to use an instrumental that keeps yelling "TUNA BEATS" all over it, I'll use that sloppy shit.

I AM SO FUCKING MUCH BETTER THAN LYFZA GAMBLE, IT WONT EVEN MATTER.

Good God this is fun :)

Half Wit It
07-29-2014, 02:14 PM
Dead @ Tuna Beats

Sho Money EMG
07-29-2014, 03:18 PM
cause Lyfza Gamble is a pussy, and wouldn't accept the battle. just kept talking about all the things he would do. This seemed like the easiest way to publicly humiliate him, so here I am.

but fine. If yall want me to use an instrumental that keeps yelling "TUNA BEATS" all over it, I'll use that sloppy shit.

I AM SO FUCKING MUCH BETTER THAN LYFZA GAMBLE, IT WONT EVEN MATTER.

Good God this is fun :)

Lmfaoo u can't even flow on a beat homes... Ur trash my nigga

Sho Money EMG
07-29-2014, 03:20 PM

This tournament is meant to showcase your lyrical ability, mic presence, flow and rhyme scheme something u must know nothing about

Just be happy they gave u the topic of why I'm better to run with... Which isn't good for u honestly

Half Wit It
07-29-2014, 04:30 PM
This has potential to be dope if everyone shows. Are extensions allowed? If so how long does one get?
Mike Wrecka

kannon
07-29-2014, 05:12 PM
Just be happy they gave u the topic of why I'm better to run with... Which isn't good for u honestly

Just be happy? Mother fucker, this was planned haha

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/kannon52/gamble_zpsa84d46d0.jpg

Mike Wrecka
07-29-2014, 05:18 PM
the idea of using the same beat wasn't mine. But I like the idea. it evens the playing field. so instead of it being a battle of the beats, its whoever can rip the beat the hardest. like on a collab, you could pick who has a better verse.

in this case its who writes the better song. and the topics are intentionally vague. gives lots of creative freedom for the writers. you could go in a lot of different directions. and have to be creative.

This has potential to be dope if everyone shows. Are extensions allowed? If so how long does one get?
Mike Wrecka

No extensions.

Sho Money EMG
07-29-2014, 05:43 PM
the idea of using the same beat wasn't mine. But I like the idea. it evens the playing field. so instead of it being a battle of the beats, its whoever can rip the beat the hardest. like on a collab, you could pick who has a better verse.

in this case its who writes the better song. and the topics are intentionally vague. gives lots of creative freedom for the writers. you could go in a lot of different directions. and have to be creative.

No extensions.

I agree

Meth
07-31-2014, 05:20 PM
So this is an audio topical tournament right? Because my votes could be extremely different of it isn't.

Mike Wrecka
07-31-2014, 05:31 PM
So this is an audio topical tournament right? Because my votes could be extremely different of it isn't.

yes meth this is an audio topical tournament

hence the forum being labeled The Mic Check - (Topical Audio Tournament)

but ya dude your votes would be very much appreciated

Badweather
07-31-2014, 05:51 PM
Vote- who kills the beat most convincingly wins and advances. Just fuckin spit your bars and compare them.

Meth
07-31-2014, 06:43 PM
yes meth this is an audio topical tournament

hence the forum being labeled The Mic Check - (Topical Audio Tournament)

but ya dude your votes would be very much appreciated

Oh sorry bro I usually don't read the forum titles lol

Vulgar
07-31-2014, 07:47 PM
DO NOT WORRY, VULGAR'S HERE ON SHORT NOTICE

https://soundcloud.com/vulgarity/replacement

Lyrics:

Trollololol
lol
lol
lol
lol
lol

Half Wit It
07-31-2014, 08:26 PM
DO NOT WORRY, VULGAR'S HERE ON SHORT NOTICE

https://soundcloud.com/vulgarity/replacement

Lyrics:

Trollololol
lol
lol
lol
lol
lol

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/013/723/mah-nigga.jpg

Adonis
07-31-2014, 09:54 PM
@The Mind Assasin

I get what you went for bro. You stretching the mind and breaking barriers and "helping" us listeners to advance. At least that's what I took your verse for, but honestly I don't see the point in that. Although I appreciate the fact that you can go that fast...Realize Kin came correct. You might have won verse a few others this week, but Kin was actually good. Not a good beat by the way

veritas
07-31-2014, 10:03 PM
@The Mind Assasin

I get what you went for bro. You stretching the mind and breaking barriers and "helping" us listeners to advance. At least that's what I took your verse for, but honestly I don't see the point in that. Although I appreciate the fact that you can go that fast...Realize Kin came correct. You might have won verse a few others this week, but Kin was actually good. Not a good beat by the way

Oh no doubt bro. Kin got skills and is polished. I think he or bad weather will take this and both could be rappers irl

as for V I am trying to bring the future from a cell phone. I was dead in the water. Also I don't understand the need for convention like staying at the same pace.

For real though mad props to Kin and adonis

Kin
07-31-2014, 10:17 PM
Ayo V ... not having that memorized meant you had to read that shit that fast....that's crazy!...
If you ever want me to mix any tracks for you in the future so you don't gotta relay on ya phone...I got u... real original sound

kannon
07-31-2014, 10:19 PM
Yall should all post links to your recent music. I ain't heard none of you bitches. Other than gamble's cornball ass.

veritas
07-31-2014, 10:33 PM
Ayo V ... not having that memorized meant you had to read that shit that fast....that's crazy!...
If you ever want me to mix any tracks for you in the future so you don't gotta relay on ya phone...I got u... real original sound

Good catch bro. And i promise i am saying every word.

All i have is my SoundCloud recorder on my phone bro?

Vulgar
08-01-2014, 02:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbVjzUGwnz8

Mike Wrecka
08-02-2014, 10:26 AM
Lyfza Gamble

you been ghost. don't no show homie. your the main event

kannon
08-02-2014, 06:29 PM
I knew this would happen. I'm done writing, i'll record tomorrow.

Sho Money EMG
08-02-2014, 08:29 PM
Lyfza Gamble

you been ghost. don't no show homie. your the main event

Nah im here Mike. Already wrote my verse

Adonis
08-03-2014, 10:45 PM
kannon

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/013/723/mah-nigga.jpg

Fucking diss track dog really???? Killed it though, you lucky you had that topic

Kin
08-04-2014, 04:43 PM
Why everyone waitin for the deadline?

Badweather
08-04-2014, 05:54 PM
Why everyone waitin for the deadline?

I imagine there's gonna be a whole slew of no shows. My opponent hasn't even checked in yet

Mike Wrecka
08-04-2014, 08:40 PM
Figurative Half Wit It ribbit Silver Lyfza Gamble dull boy Alpha Badi Alii

little over six hours to post

Bodey
08-04-2014, 09:07 PM
dont worry, ima post. just doin the finishing touches. ive been workin 60 hour weeks. i wish it wasnt so sloppy. at least i got a little dark humor in mine so you'll enjoy it

Badweather
08-04-2014, 09:07 PM
Hoping my opponent shows. If not, that's rude.

Mike Wrecka
08-04-2014, 09:09 PM
Hoping my opponent shows. If not, that's rude.

ya I agree. but at least it looks like from round 2 on out everyone will show.

Badweather
08-04-2014, 09:46 PM
ya I agree. but at least it looks like from round 2 on out everyone will show.
Round 2 is gonna be real nasty

Pent uP
08-04-2014, 11:38 PM
kannon
Dope shit

kannon
08-04-2014, 11:44 PM
kannon
Dope shit

good lookin out

Pent uP
08-05-2014, 11:29 AM
I didn't know bodey was a chick...she tryna snuff muffackas.

Also this is the only tourney worth following

Bodey
08-05-2014, 04:13 PM
My rap ended up being a joke, I was saying some pretty outrageous shit considering my normal emo style I normally run with. Honestly i was just tryna have fun w it, get a few laughs in. And it woulda been way better had I finished it and rapped it the way it shoulda been rapped on that last half of the track. I was so worried about the deadline, as it turns out didn't even end up mattering. I coulda been a few mins late just to patch it up

Mike Wrecka
08-05-2014, 05:01 PM
My rap ended up being a joke, I was saying some pretty outrageous shit considering my normal emo style I normally run with. Honestly i was just tryna have fun w it, get a few laughs in. And it woulda been way better had I finished it and rapped it the way it shoulda been rapped on that last half of the track. I was so worried about the deadline, as it turns out didn't even end up mattering. I coulda been a few mins late just to patch it up

ya tbh im on the east coast. so im not staying up till 3 AM to close battles

for future reference. a few hours late is no biggie

Bxyunggritty
08-05-2014, 07:02 PM
Deadline is long over due

Badweather
08-05-2014, 07:32 PM
Deadline is long over due

I heard your pour some out joint and liked it quite a bit, you sounded hungry.
:) I dug it

Mike Wrecka
08-05-2014, 08:35 PM
there is going to be a three way in round 2

cool?

or want me to try to find a replacement?

Lyfza Gamble , get that shit laid down man. I think mind assassin recorded on soundcloud on his phone or some shit. you don't have much time im closing it soon

Sho Money EMG
08-05-2014, 08:50 PM
I know son I'm trying.

I got an iphone and a galaxy

What ap will let me record and upload the beat

Sho Money EMG
08-05-2014, 08:50 PM
Mike Wrecka

Mike Wrecka
08-05-2014, 09:10 PM
No clue tbh Lyfza Gamble

Play the beat on your tablet and record a video on ur phone of u spitting

kannon
08-05-2014, 11:24 PM
mike, if you want some help on the mag next round, i'll pitch in.

Pent uP
08-06-2014, 03:46 AM
No clue tbh Lyfza Gamble

Play the beat on your tablet and record a video on ur phone of u spitting
Fucking deaded