PDA

View Full Version : Round 1 - Kin vs The Mind Assassin - (KIN WINS)

Mike Wrecka
07-27-2014, 10:35 PM
http://www.miketrampetv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/THE-MIC-624x619.png

Due Date : 8-4-14 11:59 PM PST

Verse Length Limit : 4 Minutes

Battlers must use the supplied topic and beat

Topic :It was just a dream

Beat :https://soundcloud.com/ybmuzik/hip-hop-beats-instrumental-strings-theory-anthemfree-dl

Must vote on at least 2 battles to advance to next round

Kin The Mind Assassin

Kin
07-28-2014, 06:30 AM
Yessiiir

ChecKin in....

What up Mind!

veritas
07-29-2014, 08:14 AM
Check.

veritas
07-31-2014, 12:24 PM
https://soundcloud.com/kosmosis777/it-was-all-a-dream

It was all a dream….

I wont forget what I have seen Want advice? The eye is keen
The highest beings Dialing the finer things
convene the time to be redeemed
and brings this rhyme that synchs those dreams you dreamed
vis the vis the lies you weaved cuz the beast is pleased
on frequencies of disease and ease that these mcees all keep as keys
but aint none ever dope as V’s. cuz these degrees transcend the streets
beefs and beats, and treats, and feats, least the free-est cease to breath
bring em all in to me, now we on lucidity

divinities tenement enter it exit it if your stressing that’s excellent!
Scrambled eggs benedict The neural web is no internet
It’s electrical spectacle’s evident The thought of an eternal resident
Who is able to remain stable finds success in it Confide in those confined to the mescaline
Who try and hide in the present bent The laws of space time, like pressing rewind
To make a bee line for the bright light Cuz we shine in design the weak mind
Can’t incline but will be fine to be blind and see mine
In due time, play it back.

9 gates of awareness and a test for each to be completed
Teach to each the keys to reach the breach and be repeated
Orgonite transmitter a bland spitter who can’t span winter
Or stand fitter than the man who can plan dinner
Parables paradoxes pinnacles metaphysics
multidimensional intervals Miracles in nightly visits
With minor mentions for flying missions to holy mansions
Or fly fishing the flyest fishes you’ll find fishing
Your mind fidgets biochemical glitches
Like your pillow is brillo for real doe the skill is pro
In he who can instill the seeds to grow in the subcon
In the waking state and not wake and bake but sleep and wake
To great dreams that take the conception of reality and hypercube tesseract
The lesser act of rubes noobs and ego’s pact, infinity aint the ring that shmegal tracked
Fecal’s packed on thieves who slacked and stole their role in the he whose act is to lead them back
These devils wack, and evil that deceive you in sleep thru your own spirit’s lack, for the win we add subtract
And state the fact….

There are more connections in your brain then stars in the sky
A universe to dream in , yet we think we getting high
Getting by on that smoking toking can’t align
Because poison can’t be a fuel if you knew the great design
The fake can try to paint the why or the who in the where in the when
But the dream comes crashing when subcon hatching ends them off in the pen
Or a coffin to spend their lost sense of ten dimensions of time space
So the know the divine pace this rhyme takes to remind fakes that God’s grace
Is the fire escapes that mire snakes try and hire wraiths to hide the ways to higher planes
Tidal waves crash the beach, to own his each, this the coldest code to preach.
Focus is road to reach the 9th portal’s feats where a reload of spirit can mold your speech
Now go and teach.

VERITAS.

Kin
07-31-2014, 02:48 PM
Letz go

http://soundcloud.com/its-kin/just-dreaming-round-1

The reason for.the dream is at the end

Badweather
07-31-2014, 05:06 PM
Vote- Kin

he was head and shoulders over Veritas when it came to consistently staying on beat and telling a story that held my interest. The decision came as soon as he finished that hook.

excellent way to insult V, but in a way that pertained to the topic.

Kin won this easy

veritas
07-31-2014, 05:11 PM
lolzord. fair enough.

Bxyunggritty
07-31-2014, 06:03 PM
Both went in salute both emcees but Kin rocked the beat better and hook was a TKO sleepin walkin into round 2 str8 dope

I vote Kin

Adonis
07-31-2014, 09:38 PM
Kin was on beat throughout. I'm not sure the point of the quadruple time flow aside from you saying it's original. Sometimes things haven't been done yet for a reason. Then after that, on your second verse you tried to go too complex and severely butcherd both cadence and flow. Kin came correct, as I said stayed on point. The first verse I wasn't feeling though, I felt you went too slow. After chorus and second verse I gave another hear to first verse and Def appreciated it more but still seemed a bit off.

V kin for out shining

veritas
07-31-2014, 09:46 PM
Kin was on beat throughout. I'm not sure the point of the quadruple time flow aside from you saying it's original. Sometimes things haven't been done yet for a reason. Then after that, on your second verse you tried to go too complex and severely butcherd both cadence and flow. Kin came correct, as I said stayed on point. The first verse I wasn't feeling though, I felt you went too slow. After chorus and second verse I gave another hear to first verse and Def appreciated it more but still seemed a bit off.

V kin for out shining

Just keep listening. But fair enough. I am from the far future of rap.

Mike Wrecka
07-31-2014, 10:09 PM
good battle fellas. admittedly this wasn't an easy beat to work with but you both shined through in some spots.

veritas - the flow you opened up with was dope man. the quadruple time shit sucked the life out your verse. cause its just jibberish unless you could slow down the track but ya I don't have the capabilities. if you just added a chorus this would have been much closer. your second verse started out strong but you lost the flow about half way through on that verse. sounds like you spit that whole part in one take which is tough. overall you proved that you could rhyme. on a beat. a tough one at that.

kin = pretty polished track. considering you made it fairly quickly. the first verse was good but slightly off with the flow. ever so slightly. the chorus was awesome. and went with the beat perfectly. actually anytime I hear this beat I think of that chorus. the second verse you let loose and showed what you could really do. even the quality and richness of the vocals sounds more professional. nice song man. you took that beat and made it your own. props

vote - kin

e11even
08-01-2014, 05:34 AM
Kin- He killed it. Basic and sound flow. The second verse was good. I think he did a great job of keeping the audio accessible and making it so you wouldn't need a lyrics guide. Against a veteran audio dude this would have been lower grade, but this was still good for what it was.

Veritas- I think V overwrote and failed to write for the conversion to audio from text. IMO he hasn't had enough time experimenting with the medium to use it effectively, or maybe this was just a one-off. I don't know. I just know that as an audio head myself, this was hard to listen to. No offense. Great effort though. I thik that fast thing he did second verse was faster than eminem, but it was completely inaudible.Kinda took th enjoyment and effectiveness out of the drop.

Good job to both you guys for putting in audio work for a battle. Hats off. MVGT Kin for a more sound and audibly effective (song?).

BROKE LESNAR
08-01-2014, 05:31 PM
I have Kin taking this. His track was easier to comprehend. His delivery helped in telling the story whereas Veritas, although his breath control and delivery was more impressive than Kin's, went at a pace detrimental to the listener in following the story he shared. To clarify I thought Veritas showed his delivery was alot better than Kin's. His content was more thought-provoking, but it just wasn't presented in a fashion favorable to anybody listening intently. Kin put a track together and delivered it well. Veritas put a track together and delivered way too well. Lol. Good stuff guys.

v-Kin

Bodey
08-01-2014, 11:01 PM
lyrically, i think veritas had it. but those lyrics over this particular beat didnt keep me interested the way they were delivered. kin seemed to lose himself in the beat more and it was breezier so to speak. i think both did good with what they were given and applying to the subject matter but kin kept my attention more. overall, kin took it

v kin

kannon
08-02-2014, 02:27 AM
Mind Assassin. First of all, I hate you already. Mainly because you posted your lyrics in an audio battle. Literally defeating the point. So I want to preface this by saying that I didn't read your lyrics, because I wasn't supposed to. That being said, I also wanted to say fuck you for thinking that your mumble bullshit would be appealing to literally anyone. I refuse to read what you just mumbled, so I'm basically forced to pretend it doesn't exist. The first section of rhyming seemed forced as shit. I listened to it three times, and the lyrics didn't seem to make much sense. I think you were too focused on schemes, which ended up making your lyrics nonsensical. After you threw up on the beat, the delivery was so monotonous, that I swear I started to fall asleep. "keep it unique"? keep that shit somewhere else. You ain't special. Flow was sloppy as shit. I'm sorry brotha man, I didn't like this at all. I can't quote one line that I thought was dope. Plus it sounds like you are just playing the beat on a stereo behind you while recording, rather than actually recording over the beat..... ugh. Man, I can't do this shit.

Kin. First listen is okay. I don't know how I feel about using a chorus in a battle, but whatever. Your piece definitely had more focus. You had a plot to a story, and no matter how good it was, it was a million times better than the bullshit I just listened to. And I can't lie, I smiled when you ended the hook with "I'm sleepwalking into round 2." Playing back again, First verse, I was a little lost at the meaning behind him meeting his unborn kid. I think that had you not broken into chorus, that could have been a cool idea to explore more, but it felt like a stray thought without much support behind it, as it is. From a technical standpoint, the flow was good. Delivery could have used a little more energy, but not bad. quality was also leaps and bounds above mind assassin. I do like that your shadow was telling you basically that you were going to beat mind assassin. That was kind of a cool little play. That being said, the novelty of it could have been a hindrance had you been up against anyone with some actual talent. You've got some room to grow, or maybe you just knew who you were up against, but I'd like to see some more creativity in your story next round.

Vote is an easy cast for Kin.

Certain
08-02-2014, 10:44 AM
There's no point anymore, and I'm on my phone, but I liked The Mind Assassin's more.

veritas
08-02-2014, 12:04 PM
Mind Assassin. First of all, I hate you already. Mainly because you posted your lyrics in an audio battle. Literally defeating the point. So I want to preface this by saying that I didn't read your lyrics, because I wasn't supposed to. That being said, I also wanted to say fuck you for thinking that your mumble bullshit would be appealing to literally anyone. I refuse to read what you just mumbled, so I'm basically forced to pretend it doesn't exist. The first section of rhyming seemed forced as shit. I listened to it three times, and the lyrics didn't seem to make much sense. I think you were too focused on schemes, which ended up making your lyrics nonsensical. After you threw up on the beat, the delivery was so monotonous, that I swear I started to fall asleep. "keep it unique"? keep that shit somewhere else. You ain't special. Flow was sloppy as shit. I'm sorry brotha man, I didn't like this at all. I can't quote one line that I thought was dope. Plus it sounds like you are just playing the beat on a stereo behind you while recording, rather than actually recording over the beat..... ugh. Man, I can't do this shit.

Kin. First listen is okay. I don't know how I feel about using a chorus in a battle, but whatever. Your piece definitely had more focus. You had a plot to a story, and no matter how good it was, it was a million times better than the bullshit I just listened to. And I can't lie, I smiled when you ended the hook with "I'm sleepwalking into round 2." Playing back again, First verse, I was a little lost at the meaning behind him meeting his unborn kid. I think that had you not broken into chorus, that could have been a cool idea to explore more, but it felt like a stray thought without much support behind it, as it is. From a technical standpoint, the flow was good. Delivery could have used a little more energy, but not bad. quality was also leaps and bounds above mind assassin. I do like that your shadow was telling you basically that you were going to beat mind assassin. That was kind of a cool little play. That being said, the novelty of it could have been a hindrance had you been up against anyone with some actual talent. You've got some room to grow, or maybe you just knew who you were up against, but I'd like to see some more creativity in your story next round.

Vote is an easy cast for Kin.

Thanks for listening 3 times. In the history of rap has there ever been lyrics that come with the cassettes or cds?

Fig
08-02-2014, 05:49 PM
veritas' verse was more enjoyable. but thats just me. I understand why veritas lost this battle, but i dont agree with it. quadruple time was funny at the least. kins verse was clean and easier to digest.

kannon
08-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Thanks for listening 3 times. In the history of rap has there ever been lyrics that come with the cassettes or cds?

The point of an audio battle is to not have to supply the listener with lyrics. Your track should stand alone.

You don't have to agree with my opinion, but I'm not gonna budge on that. Anytime anyone posts lyrics in an audio battle, I ignore them

Certain
08-02-2014, 06:32 PM
The point of an audio battle is to not have to supply the listener with lyrics. Your track should stand alone.

You don't have to agree with my opinion, but I'm not gonna budge on that. Anytime anyone posts lyrics in an audio battle, I ignore them

Many of the best battlers on these websites do that regularly.

Seymour BUTTS
08-04-2014, 10:54 AM
is this a joke??? veritas is garbage, v kin

Swerve
08-04-2014, 03:03 PM
I don't think any of you understand what Veritas did for you all here.

This is bigger than an audio battle.

You must see this, fair?

veritas
08-04-2014, 05:42 PM
I don't think any of you understand what Veritas did for you all here.

This is bigger than an audio battle.

You must see this, fair?

lolzord, chill out bros.