PDA

View Full Version : Audio: Never Know (Prod. Sean J)

Adverse
07-29-2014, 12:22 AM
Hey guys, I haven't been around in awhile. Actually most of you guys probably don't even know me, you'd have to of been around on the old Netcees when I went by 'Dolla' Anyways, I'm planning on returning because I feel like I need the criticism and maybe reading/hearing other people's work will influence me too. I thought i'd return to my roots and get back to the old me. This track is one of my personal favorites of mine and I like it, I want to see what others think though who aren't very familiar with my work. Constructive criticism is welcomed, shit you can even flame me as long as you give me something to go off of. lol I appreciate it and will definitely feed anything you want back just drop a link. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTQXnztnV_8

gitto138
07-29-2014, 03:44 AM
Not bad dude wasn't sure about the beat but ya flowed well i suppose,
Could do with a bit more creativity because it jus lack a bite ya naw i mean,, and dude please don't sing a Corus ever again lol nad singing voice, overall not to shabby

Adverse
07-29-2014, 04:54 AM
Not bad dude wasn't sure about the beat but ya flowed well i suppose,
Could do with a bit more creativity because it jus lack a bite ya naw i mean,, and dude please don't sing a Corus ever again lol nad singing voice, overall not to shabby

LMAOOOO I know I can't sing for shit bro. It went with what I was trying to do with the song but I feel you on the "bite" part I'll work on that, thanks for the feedback

UnbornBuddha
07-29-2014, 08:36 PM
It started a little slow, but once you started going it turns to a nice tune. Also your flow & voice seems to change sporadically at times this changes the pacing a bit that I believe shifts the rhythm that your intending to convey. As for the singing of your choruses, this is a good thing to do, and I believe makes songs a more palatable. But if you are going to venture into this area I suggest you improve your vocals.
The beat is very enjoyable. It has this ethereal feel to it.
Anyways, keep making your music and spreading it. Follow your dreams.

Adverse
07-29-2014, 09:52 PM
It started a little slow, but once you started going it turns to a nice tune. Also your flow & voice seems to change sporadically at times this changes the pacing a bit that I believe shifts the rhythm that your intending to convey. As for the singing of your choruses, this is a good thing to do, and I believe makes songs a more palatable. But if you are going to venture into this area I suggest you improve your vocals.
The beat is very enjoyable. It has this ethereal feel to it.
Anyways, keep making your music and spreading it. Follow your dreams.

The flows always been a little up and down, one of the things I truly need to iron out. Thank you for all the positive words and I really appreciate the listen, it means a lot bro, honestly!

Mitch
07-29-2014, 11:21 PM
This song was truth to you, truth is the best you can do with music. Your delivery was good, nothing fancy, which suits this type of song. But your voice would sound better if you were more raw, maybe with a hint of anger, it sounds kind of soft as is, not soft soft, but slightly soft. Overall this is good, I like that u sing just for the fuck of it, thats real.

Adverse
07-30-2014, 07:16 AM
This song was truth to you, truth is the best you can do with music. Your delivery was good, nothing fancy, which suits this type of song. But your voice would sound better if you were more raw, maybe with a hint of anger, it sounds kind of soft as is, not soft soft, but slightly soft. Overall this is good, I like that u sing just for the fuck of it, thats real.

I like being true to myself, like I said I can't sing but I like doing it and i think it fits with the overall style, I'm just trying to be original.
Thanks for all the positive feedback bro I really appreciate it and I'll work on putting more emotion into my voice.

Kin
07-30-2014, 10:58 AM
diggin' this beat...
1st verse Feelin' the style man...laid back...some parts seem like they could use more energy/emotion

hook- not really feelin' it man...gotta be real haha

2nd verse-bad memories tattoo line was nice, better emotion in this verse...Hollow as the bottles I smash...ok this verse was a lil' nicer to me

wishin' u did somethin' different with the hook...makin' me distracted haha

oh ok thought u were comin' in wit' a 3rd verse... So Why no doubles behind your verse?? think that would make the overall feel a lil' stronger

flow is ok needs a lil' work in parts but overall as a track this was solid....besides the hook

Feel this beat was a lil' too slow tempo for what would fit your rhyme schemes better also

HoLLa

Adverse
07-30-2014, 08:57 PM
diggin' this beat...
1st verse Feelin' the style man...laid back...some parts seem like they could use more energy/emotion

hook- not really feelin' it man...gotta be real haha

2nd verse-bad memories tattoo line was nice, better emotion in this verse...Hollow as the bottles I smash...ok this verse was a lil' nicer to me

wishin' u did somethin' different with the hook...makin' me distracted haha

oh ok thought u were comin' in wit' a 3rd verse... So Why no doubles behind your verse?? think that would make the overall feel a lil' stronger

flow is ok needs a lil' work in parts but overall as a track this was solid....besides the hook

Feel this beat was a lil' too slow tempo for what would fit your rhyme schemes better also

HoLLa

Thanks for all the advice man, I've kind of grown accustomed to writing two verses a track, I feel like I tire out the subject if I drag it on too long. I'll try some doubles, I've heard that from people before but I can never mix it right to where it doesn't sound bad. This was kinda a fastly made hook but I can't say I would have changed it, I didn't really see any other way it could go but I'll try to expand more. Thanks for the feedback again fam it means a lot