08-05-2014, 02:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/F4iWe89.gif

Constrikta Swerve DLB Defiant

Rules

Due Dates:

Verses are due TUESDAY,
August 12th 2014 11:59 PM PST.
Check Ins are due SUNDAY, August 10th 2014
Voting ends SATURDAY August 16th 2014 11:59 PM PST.
Battles that lack votes may close later.
One sided battles may get closed early.
Extensions are 24 hours
You will be GRANTED ONE EXTENSION AS A TEAM throughout the Tourney. Any extension beyond the first will result in loss of votes.

Line Limit:

Min. = 16 lines
Max. = 16 lines
Limit MUST be agreed upon

General Rules:

First to 7, Win by 2, 5-0=KO
1st person to post can't edit after the 2nd person posts.
2nd person to post can't edit after a vote has been made.
Feeding = DQ.
Recycling = DQ.
Biting = DQ.
No freeposting, swaying or bitching.
Unless a picture battle is agreed upon,
linking to your opponent's picture or posting it
means you will be disqualified.
A check in ISmandatory.
Competitors should agree on a line limit in their check in.
If no line limit is agreed on, then the 2nd person to post
must match the 1st person's line amount.

EACH TEAM NEEDS FOUR VOTING LINKS COMBINED. ON FRIDAY AUGUST 15th I WILL DEDUCT VOTES FOR EACH LINK MISSING UNTIL YOU SUBMIT LINKS. I WILL REOPEN BATTLES IF YOU HAVENT SUBMITTED LINKS EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY WON.

Swerve
08-12-2014, 11:50 PM
I'm a carpenter, I know a couple of people in Melbourne so il probably head there at some point
Gonna get a car and travel around
i know bags hate me but this thread a good thread.
last time i cried was when my older bro died. not the funeral, but when i was first told cause i ain't know how to take it. first person i was close to that died

DLB aka Passenger and Defiant aka I didn’t really care to do enough research to find out an alias

Veritas called Strikta a dirt person, but he’s in jail and it hurt,
Cause now I’m going from tagging with a dirt person…to burying two persons in the dirt.
Defiant the carpenter ain’t meant for text, leave his bars broken,
Everyone hopes he’s going to fall flat….off the top of a roof and crack his skull open.
DLB thinks they’ve got a chance, but that dreams gonna sputter,
He’ll go from being brothers in arms…to being sent into the arms of his brother.
Your team name shows you’re wack, so I won’t waste sentences,
One shot’ll turn this power trip into an electric slide back into irrelevance.
Trust cuz, I’ve got no love for you, with cold hard facts in it,
Cause if swerve ends up on Passenger side…its DLBs brothers car accident.
My arsenal is fully stocked, so many rounds and I don’t miss boss,
So if you dodge the Rockets, trust you’ll still get the Heat…no Chris Bosh.
DLB is quick to sell out his race, that's why I'm here to harm dudes,
And leave Defiant with a black eye...that DLB would convince into being an uncle tom too.
Certain saying that you ladies might beat me isn't something to mention,
Cause you two beating me wouldn't be an upset...it'd be a Robin Williams suicidal depression.

Paradigm
08-13-2014, 06:23 AM
The Power Trip:

ayo...

Strikta to deon, a no hoper to a fat guy, better be chilled in defeat
Gone from a guy who's starving,2 a guy who's had enough for his bro, sis n children to eat
It's 2 easy u faggots, Could knock ya head off its hinge next
way the punches have 'consuela' size u grimace at, u could be a fat Mexican offering sex
Deon was decent 100 years ago, swerves an alias of some boring shit
So when I say you're productions been so pathetic, I mean gambles tryna record with it
You're nobodys now, your verses just make us laugh n stop
Cause ya career now is so ineffective it has it's own disabled parking spot
saw Deon's return in a food thread, adding to his infamous chapters
Hush posted up a BBQ'd pig, forgot his recent pic and a "Before and After"

Predictions

Round One Battles:

Conswervation [VS] The Power Trip
Swerve chose Strikta for his partner for some reason. He's going to jail or something. He replaced his partner with Deon. A dope battler albeit a perennial no show.

Deon won't show

Paradigm had most predictions correct. but SDub is a dunce, clown
the only Swerve here is how he chose two dudes who won't show in the 1st rd.
Swerve, ur garbage, I mean it dude, ur wackness isn't feasible
Even Strik chose getting tag teamed in a prison over trying to tag team w/ u
u gotta thing for chicks the size of Deon, so stop lying
your girl's not a Saint, she's just built like the whole D-Line plus Rob Ryan

Sho Money EMG
08-13-2014, 09:31 AM
He’ll go from being brothers in arms…to being sent into the arms of his brothers

Goes hard

Dope

Gotdamnn, harsh.. sick

Vs

Dope

Only bar I thought was solid honestly. CSwerve came w/ the lotb bars.consuela line was cool too, but other guys just had strong hits dvery line tbh. Electric slide...fall flat.. Pretty onesided imo.

Vote - Conswervation.

big baby
08-13-2014, 11:05 AM
Fun read. The first read had a consistency at a pretty good rate with less faults. Wording was good enough, the hits were jabs all throughout. Nothing really strong. The chris bosh line was probably the only line that was generically placed, decent enough. Everything else was of relevance/tied into the community. Uncle tom and dirt person were my favorites. The former having a bit of humor/satire entailed into it, honestly made it the best bar written in those 16. The latter just being a slight play on words, and a decent opener. I liked this verse, everything was consistent. Nothing really sucked, and nothing was over the top amazing.

The latter verse was ok. The opener immediately set the tone, and I had no idea what it was about. That's ok, not to say it didnt land in some universe, but to me it made little sense. And if it's going by that deons fat then its pretty lackluster imo. I dont get consuela? That seems like a stretch, con swella? I don't know what the hell that means his penis, the abrasions from his bruises from when you beat him up? Depending on the context of the finish prefix of the bar it seems that its the former option, which is pretty weird? I don't get it. Pitiful that gamble didnt say nothing about the line about him, which i thought was the second best line in this verse. Gamble's garbage and shouldnt vote on anything. Little bitch. The disabled line was way too forward and yo mama joke-ish. The deon fat/food ones are lame.

This kind of works to swerves advantage, because no1 knows/cares who deon is, and if they do make a bar about him, it'll miss cause nobody cares/knows who deon is. So the brunt of the damage would have to aim towards swerve, which this has nothing of, really. And ironically the very next bar in this couplet is one dissing swerve, and possibly LOTB and by far the best in this verse. It had relevant coupling along with some humor, and it dissed swerve, instead of deon, some guy who supposedly always no shows, so why diss him? The former clearly takes this. (conswervation)

This battle was sort of short. But the winner is pretty obvious after a second round and analysis. GJ fun read.

BROKE LESNAR
08-13-2014, 04:26 PM
Cause now I’m going from tagging with a dirt person…to burying two persons in the dirt.
Everyone hopes he’s going to fall flat….off the top of a roof and crack his skull open.
He’ll go from being brothers in arms…to being sent into the arms of his brother.
Cause you two beating me wouldn't be an upset...it'd be a Robin Williams suicidal depression.

The Power Trip:

ayo...

Gone from a guy who's starving,2 a guy who's had enough for his bro, sis n children to eat
So when I say you're productions been so pathetic, I mean gambles tryna record with it
saw Deon's return in a food thread, adding to his infamous chapters
Hush posted up a BBQ'd pig, forgot his recent pic and a "Before and After"

Okay, I recognize that Deon committed to teaming with Swerve and Swerve then accepted, so even if Swerve wrote this entire verse by himself, I'm still going to judge it based on Deon being a part of the battle bc even though there was no official clarification on whether Swerve was going solo or teaming with Deon, I saw the thread where Deon offered to partner and Swerve accepted.

Swerve did great if he was by himself here. He managed to go back and forth and spread each insult out evenly. His dopest lines were the carpenter personal and his opener. Really nice. The Gamble, BBQ, and Strik lines were Power Trip's best. Entertaining stuff. They went back and forth from Deon to Swerve. If Deon really wasn't in this battle then roflz. This was a battle with a variety of different flavors, personal's/np's/jokes/ill punchlines. In the end I have it 5-4 Power Trip.

v-PT

Paradigm
08-14-2014, 11:41 PM
2-1 Conswervation

Certain
08-15-2014, 02:17 AM
Swervation: If you hadn't used "dirt person" in the setup, the opener would have been really good. The personals that followed were a bit too easy, not quite clever enough but also not harsh enough to sting. I liked the electric slide line, though, and the second line about DLB's brother was much stronger than the first. I didn't like the last line at all because I swear I've seen that exact same thing minus "Robin Williams" before. This verse was OK, pretty much standard.

The Power Trip: Your best lines came at the very end, with the prison tag team and the Rob Ryan girl. Starting out with generic fat punches about a guy no one thought would show was offbase. It's not that you shouldn't have dissed hotdogvendorman, but you didn't even start attacking Swerve until a line about him choosing his tag team partners. It was weird. Swerve isn't some nobody, and there's plenty to attack him on. Again, those last two couplets were strong. But the Mexican sex line didn't really make sense, and the Gamble line (everyone has one now?) was worded poorly and not clever. The opener was average. The structure of this verse really threw me off, though, and the lines weren't good enough to make up for it.

Vote: Swervation

Paradigm
08-15-2014, 04:55 PM
And leave Defiant with a black eye...that DLB would convince into being an uncle tom too.

The Power Trip:

A lot of swerves bars were semi hits barely. Car crash was personal. Dirt person couldve been dope but you said dirt twice throwing it off. Chris Bosh couldve been a solid hit but was semi due to ending. No haymakers but yea. TPT had too many misses. The prison bar was probably the LOTB for me but yea. the BBQ pig line couldve been dope but missed completely. Those 3 were prolly better than anything on Swerves side but Swerve was way more consistent.

Vote - Conswerve

Destroyer
08-15-2014, 07:19 PM
lotb

vs

I wasn't feelin much from dlb/defiants verse
lot of Deon shit kinda hurt since it wasn't pointed at anyone

I got constrik/swerve here

Allen Knight
08-15-2014, 07:26 PM
Dirt person, skull open, robin williams

Vs

Production, tag over u.

V/conswerve, this was a god battle, I quoted the dope bars but alot of.solid ones
Thrown too this just came down to.consistency an con n swerve pulled this one off.by a lil
Still good.shit from both teams.

Paradigm
08-16-2014, 02:28 AM
6-1 Conswerve

Meth
08-16-2014, 04:29 AM
Rushed vote sorry

I have swerve with the edge

Def and dlb seemed off execution wise

Swerve had some cool flips dirt person was Lulz cuz us know....

Rocket heat bosh line was cool as well

Tag team line was cool tho gize

Nice battle

V/ swerve

King Karaoke
08-16-2014, 10:35 AM
Hi...

Your team name shows you’re wack, so I won’t waste sentences,
One shot’ll turn this power trip into an electric slide back into irrelevance.

Passenger line and uncle tom line were fire...

Lmao!

It's 2 easy u faggots, Could knock ya head off its hinge next
way the punches have 'consuela' size u grimace at, u could be a fat Mexican offering sex

These lines were cool but the Consuela line could've bee so much better...
Rest of your verse didn't real do much...

Swerve was more harsh...

vote- Swerve...

Bye...

Paradigm
08-16-2014, 10:39 AM
Conswerve wins 7-1.