PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 - Seadad vs kannon - (kannon wins)

Mike Wrecka
08-06-2014, 02:58 PM
http://www.miketrampetv.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/THE-MIC-624x619.png

Due Date : 8-14-14 11:59 PM PST

Verse Length Limit : 4 Minutes

Battlers must use the supplied topic and beat

Topic : Finding Inspiration

Beat :https://soundcloud.com/free_hip_hop_rap_beats/de-froiz-the-wolf-of-wall

Seadad kannon

Badweather
08-12-2014, 06:24 PM
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/162881983&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_ comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;vi sual=true"></iframe>

thanks for helping me work through writer's block gentlemen!!!!

kannon
08-12-2014, 11:48 PM
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/162917604&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_ comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;vi sual=true"></iframe>

https://soundcloud.com/kickthekan/finding-inspiration

Certain
08-13-2014, 12:05 AM
This battle features two such similar songs that it's very, very difficult. Seadad sounds like a Brother Ali-Slug hybrid. Kannon sounds like a Kno-Slug hybrid. You both wrote really good songs, good enough that I would probably listen to these on my own accord. I'm going to break this down a little differently than I normally do.

Lyricism: Kannon kicked Seadad's ass here because they had similar approaches to the topic, but Kannon wrote with a higher level of complexity and defter diction. The "my coffee's replacement" line was outstanding. I found myself more involved with the characters in Kannon's story, as a whole.

Flow: Seadad's felt a bit more natural. Kannon did a bit more creatively with rhyme schemes and knew when to step off beat for a second, but he also occasionally had to catch up or let the beat catch up slightly. I'll favor the more natural flow.

Listenability: I liked that Seadad's track felt smooth as fuck, all the way to that goofy ending. I liked that Kannon upped the drums a bit in his mix and had a more emotional feel. But I'd say Seadad's was a bit more enjoyable on a background-music level. I liked that Kannon had that beat-drop moment at 2:25, and he put his emphasis on the story and lyrics, which has its own value.

Ultimately, Kannon did more with the topic lyrically. You guys put together good songs, but Kannon's felt complete, whereas Seadad's felt like a sketch or start.

Vote: Kannon

Meth
08-13-2014, 12:29 AM
Awesome battle

Seanad had a cool song. His flow was very natural and lyrics pretty good. Story was nice and the ending of it had a Stan by eminem kind of feel with the whole "I guess the inspiration was you" thing. Overall nice shit. Haven't listened to kannons yet but this will be tough to beat

Kannon

Damn. Dope. The story was enthralling. Weird that you guys had almost the exact same song storyline up until your little twist... Which was foreshadowed very nicely I might add. Lyricism was on point , the flow wasn't as crisp as bad weathers but it was still really good

Ight so yo. Probably battle of the tournament to be honest. Y'all both killed it. Now I came into this wanting to vote for bad weather since I've always been a fan of his stuff

But. I can't.

Kannon killed it.

V/ kannon

Bxyunggritty
08-13-2014, 07:58 AM
Salute both of these emcees on there views of finding inspiration
it really was a tuff decision both had great moments great story good bars
but I enjoyed Kannon flow more and this is my opinion
I think sea dad should have added more to his craft
I was eager for more being that both of ya had dope tracks
seems like ya writer's block got the best of you
I respect both emcees but like they say there could only be one so I vote

Kannon

Diode
08-13-2014, 10:50 AM
Seadad: very rhymesayers. such diction. seriously though, flow was good. lyrics weren't very complex but they got to the point. rode the beat well. a bit short for my taste, the actual content outside of the outro was less than two minutes. i feel like this story could have been expanded upon. agree w/ certain that this is great listening music.

Kanman: how many times have we both used this plot device? you've definitely set a new bar with this track. flow was phenomenal and the dubs were perfect every time. the story had my full attention and the lyrics used were vivid and syllabically (is that a word)?) complex. loved the change of gears with the beat drop. fantastic story overall. some of the ad libs i understand were supposed to be awkward what with the character and all, but they felt a bit too polished if that makes sense. either way, this was one of your best tracks to date. stop battling, do more of this.

v/ kanman

Kin
08-13-2014, 04:34 PM
Seadad....quality nice...rhyme scheme is tight
Feel like its lackin a lil energy but at the same.time ya laid back style is cool
Hella different television part after break was the dopest to me...good work my dude

Kan quality ok...need to cut ya lows out bro...kinda muddy soundin
Flow is smooth...how u pronounciate certain words sounds funny to me..."got me...Booody" overall nice track...

Both pretty similar as far as styles an sound...u two would make a dope collab actually...thought kan was more.creative with how he flipped.his story at the end....if seadad got creative with a twist I would give it to him.....
Close one no doubt...but the story twist sealed it in my eyez

vote....Kan

Mike Wrecka
08-13-2014, 07:19 PM
sick battle.

Seadad - good verse. or verses. this didn't feel like a complete song to me for some reason. had a dope vibe to it though. this beat suits you. good story line. nice flow. this was a good listen. i really enjoyed it. props

kanon - this was pretty sick. as opposed to seadad this did feel like a complete song. a very good one at that. your quality is real top notch. the story that you created was compelling. I was fully invested. the twist was entertaining

overall - I think flow wise, it was pretty close. both did well there. seadad shines through a bit in some aspects because tbh he has a better voice. that's not the say all end all though. I just think that seadad could probably spit the verse kanon wrote better than he did. but ya all in all , this wasn't really close. kanon had a sick song, id play it in my car, it had a beginning, middle and an end. it was really polished track.
seadad just dropped like half a song imo. which is sad. I wonder if he threw in the white flag almost , saying fuck it I don't care if I win. cause he certainly didn't give full effort and by that I mean he didn't deliver a full song. great battle though. you guys are dope.

vote kannon

oh and kannon maybe the topic wasn't so lame after all. it provided the inspiration for a really dope ride

Adonis
08-14-2014, 10:33 PM
SeaPops - you had a good track brother, and it's not that your quality or finished product isn't on the level of Kill Kan. The reason behind all of these votes is simple. You two had a virtual collab, only Kan's had more depth, better cadence/flow and stronger progession/lyricism in general. Basically, you were out matched here. I enjoyed your song the three+ times I listened, more the final time then the last. But on the other end of the token, I can actually vibe to Kans in the background and not notice it isn't fagot ass wale.

v/ Kan

I hope Mike Wrecka allows a thirda place battle on the ground that listening to each track has been a joy with the exception of one or two.

Bodey
08-16-2014, 02:43 PM
so eery you both used similar approaches for this one. both interesting, both pretty good.

Seadad - always enjoy your shit. always reminds me of a mixture of Atmosphere and other types like that. but yeah, dug your flow, it kind of relaxed me to be honest. wish you were a little more passionate at some parts but you still pulled it off well. thought it ended too quick, like tehre should've been more, but overall, the lyrics and rhythm were on point.

Kannon - got my attention from the start. def heard the passion while you breezed through this. it was nice, and i liked your perspective of things... up until the end. nice little twist for the twisted. good flow too

overall, i enjoyed kannon's track more cuz it seemed to have more personal aspects in it, and the way he ended it caught my attention more than seadad's track. this sucked to make a decision cuz i definitely enjoyed both tracks and you guys did a good job puttin 'em together. but for this battle, i got kannon

v kannon