The 1-2 Punch League

Due Monday Midnight Pacific

K Huntsman Defiant

K Huntsman
08-08-2014, 07:20 AM
Check

K Huntsman
08-11-2014, 07:19 AM
I've been out on vacay, now I'm back cuttin heads...
Only spring break he knows is when his fat ass wife is in bed

Defiant
08-12-2014, 03:00 AM
So broke he'll be in the red August and September, n here il prove g
That 'Hunt for red October' is such a sure thing they got 'Connery' playing u in the movie

BROKE LESNAR
08-12-2014, 03:14 PM
I have K taking this. Defiant went too hard and I thought he could have dumbed it down a bit. The np itself was complicated in that he had to tailor much of his bar to progress the concept and in doing so made the concept really intricate.

v-K

Camp Bell
08-12-2014, 03:58 PM
i really hate the "your girl" bars but defiant hunt for red october
bar was just too stretched and the movie way too old.

vote: hunt

e11even
08-12-2014, 06:02 PM
K- filler piece but this still a funny punch. I wudda been pissed if somebody said that to me in the street lol.

Defiant- the np had more potential than a punch strongly tying in a movie that a lot of ppl haven't seen. Or maybe I should speak for myself? Anyways, Relatability is key with a hard hitting punch or else it loses the zing.

MVGT huntsman

Meth
08-12-2014, 08:41 PM
Spring break is played as hell

Plus no new flip to make it fresh

Deviants was kind of over my head and I had to google

I usually don't vote for stuff that i have to google but spring break?

Nah, sorry man

V/ defiant

Certain
08-12-2014, 11:11 PM
K Huntsman: You stole a "your mama's so fat" joke that I hadn't heard since the 1990s.

Defiant: This was really, really, really poorly worded. But the concept in general was there. Tighten up and consider what the goal of the line is, then word around that. But you win for originality and specificity.

Vote: Defiant

Split
08-13-2014, 05:51 AM
K Huntsman had a fake personal that didn't have credibility, seemed like it was pulled out of a database of Fight Night filler. Nothing wrong with it other than no pertinence or creativity

Defiant, I think you did a great job with your setup, but I don't think there was a way to make that punch line come across smoothly nahmean? The twist to the punch was nice but the meat of it "hunt for red October" is never how you'd say someone was gonna be broke that month

v/ Defiant, because tho it wasn't technically sound, there was no technique whatsoever to K's bar

jilti
08-13-2014, 12:36 PM
Vote-K hunts
good, simple, to the point
Defiant had an ok punch, just wasn't enough

KnowP
08-13-2014, 11:36 PM
I was riding with Def until he said Connery was playing Hunt. That killed it. Hint had a indirect punch but the word play had a nice midsection.

V. Hunt