PDA

View Full Version : WRITING CHALLENGE TOURNAMENT WEEK 1 REVIEW.

zygote
07-22-2013, 03:06 AM
WRITING CHALLENGE TOURNAMENT WEEK 1 REVIEW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKebiCc3R00

General Writers Overview.
(1) TYSON: STRENGTH-Ability to detect white BBW at a distance of up to 1km with his sense of smell alone. WEAKNESS- Was once tricked by a transgender posing as female on RIA. PREDICTION- Will make a strong run through the league with strong writing unless he falls for a trap.

(2) Nigma: STRENGTH- Expert on the Illuminati, the Rockefeller Corporation and the NWO. Exceptional at writing to topics with a picture of a pyramid/eye/triangle. WEAKNESS- There will be no topics with a picture of a pyramid/eye/triangle. PREDICTION- Top 3 finish unless he finishes outside the Top 3.

(3) Innovator: STRENGTH- Once wrote about a grapefruit with great skill. WEAKNESS- Flies under the radar, enjoys smoking bath salts and synthetic incense. PREDICTION: Decent chance innovator can finish well.

(4) Adonis: STRENGTH- Shock and awe writing tactics. Not writing magazines during the AOWL playoffs. WEAKNESS- Pre-emptive sensitivity, look for Adonis to make a controversial comment then pre-emptively lash out against his perceived detractors. PREDICTION: During the 8 week league will write 3 verses on rape, 2 on incest and 3 from the perspective of god. Will finish with 4+ wins.

(5) NYCSPITZ: STRENGTH- Visiting yoga classes and reading philosophy books. WEAKNESS- Doesn’t protect his king well enough. PREDICTION: Will win most of his match-ups but also no-show sporadically and repeatedly sign in.

(6) Storyteller: STRENGTH- Organizing competitions by not contacting anyone or telling anyone what is going on. WEAKNESS- Unpredictability. PREDICTION: Without contacting anyone halfway through the league he will make a thread titled “Rule Changes” containing major changes to the league’s structure and style.

(7) Objective: STRENGTH- Has the Norwegian-Sweeden strength of a thousand moose herders. WEAKNESS- Physical location prone to random polar bear, walrus or Andrwers Breevik attack. PREDICTION- Honestly, Objective can finish 1st or 2nd. One of the favorites at the least.

(8) Pent uP: STRENGTH- Ecologically aware citizen, homebrews alcohol at a sustainable level, and doesn’t waste only recycles. WEAKNESS- May be captured by the Russian secret police for writing poems and thrown in jail with the Pussy Riot. PREDICTION- Same as the previous prediction. Might sign in under an alias beginning with P, perhaps Proktor or Parplax.

(9) oats: STRENGTH- Accredited English professor. Voluntarily transferred to teach at an underfunded, predominately Latino, inner city school. WEAKNESS- Banned from teaching after replacing classic literature with a greatest topicals syllabus. PREDICTION: Will win a few by large margins but probably sign out at some point.

(10) Boredom: STRENGTH- Champion of the Newbie Tournament IV hailing from Vancouver, BC. WEAKNESS- Allergic to his native maple leaf. PREDICTION: Winning streak until arrested by royal mounted police.

(11) Figurative: STRENGTH- Fast rap vocals over a pre-recorded grainy beat. Consistently funny person. WEAKNESS- I will do anything in my power to see him fail including giving him the most difficult topics, and asking Split8 to find reasons to DQ. PREDICTION- Should go above .500 without interference.

(12) Flo Real: STRENGTH- Has given himself the moniker ‘the senior site jester’. WEAKNESS- Floreal is a word for the 8th month in the French calendar. PREDICTION: Floral is an underdog who has a chance to win some upset victories.

(13)Coup: STRENGTH- Reads the Bible a lot, it may come in handy. WEAKNESS- Changes picture a lot? PREDICTION: Finishes with .666 win ratio.

(14) nO gOod!: STRENGTH- His avatar picture indicates he is a professional coal miner. WEAKNESS- Coal mining is a dangerous job. PREDICTION- Will become trapped in an underground cavern after winning 2.

(15) PancakeBrah: STRENGTH- Knows more good unknown Indie bands than you do. WEAKNESS- N/A. PREDICTION- It depends, will we see the Pancake who wrote Milk or the Anti-Pancake? Will probably no-show 8/8 times.

(16) deadman: STRENGTH- Creative. Dynamic. Writes one word sentences. WEAKNESS- Disregards conventional punctuation, may lose interest and go AWOL during middle weeks. PREDICTION- Will win most if not all of his contests, final ranking depends on no. wks participation.

(17) MikeWrecka: STRENGTH- Is organizing the tournament can organize himself advantages// WEAKNESS- Doesn’t use full stops, instead uses// PREDICTION- Should do well he is a versatile writer.

(18) Rawnold MacDonyall STRENGTH- Leafblower, IBM, scuba etc. WEAKNESS- Hyperbolic claims. PREDICTION- Participation pending sentencing, currently detained.

(19) Dystopian: STRENGTH- Picked a cool username. WEAKNESS- Lactose intolerance. PREDICTION- No idea, guessing Dystopian is pretty good though.

(20) Mr. J: STRENGTH- Taught Endsane how to horrorcore. WEAKNESS- What is the rest of the name? PREDICTION- Will write horror core for every topic and do O.K.

(21) Cereal Killa: STRENGTH- G’day Aussie mate. WEAKNESS- Writing in rainbow color font. PREDICTION- Will write most of his stuff in rainbow color font.

(22) TopicalDood5: STRENGTH- Good at voting, good at writing and good username. WEAKNESS- No apparent weakness. PREDICTION- Might finish in the top position if doesn’t sign out.

(23) Gazette: STRENGTH- Apparently he likes writing. WEAKNESS- Gazette is a word for newspaper. PREDICTION- Unknown quality or consistency, could surprise.

(24) Certain Serpent: STRENGTH- Is Dagel. WEAKNESS- Is Dagel. PREDICTION- Will Dagel.

(25) Just Write: STRENGTH- Medal of honor and 3 purple hearts or something. WEAKNESS- Patriotism is not a weakness. PREDICTION- Will write his best when writing about wars.

(26) Rayge: STRENGTH- Eastern European knows where to buy cheap AK-47s and underground Moldavian sex trade. WEAKNESS- Killed by Albanians or robbed by Gypsies. PREDICTION: Should do O.K.

Rankings and record.
NAME: (POINTS) – Win/Loss/Draw/No Show.
ALL HAVE: (0.0) - 0/0/0/0.

Memo week 1.
Greetings competitors, we will begin with a small technical rather than conceptual challenge. DOUBLE LETTER WEEK, include instances of the double letter string you are given as your Specific Task. E.g., you are given G.S. – include word variants of G.S.: golden shower, grape soda, going slowly, google search etc. Note there are no required amounts, you can write as many double letter variants as you like or as little as you like. You don’t have to rhyme with each double letter phrase, or put it at the start like an acrostic poem, just include instances of it, it also doesn’t have to be the focus. You can write about anything you like. Find below your match-ups and specific tasks.

Specific contests and tasks.
(1 v 4) TYSON v Adonis. TASK: R.W.
(6 v 7) Storyteller v Objective. TASK: H.K.
(3 v 11) Innovator v Figurative. TASK: G.S.
(8 v 18) Pent uP v Rawnold MacDonyall. TASK: P.M.
(2 v 10) Nigma v Boredom. TASK: C.L.
(9 v 21) oats v Cereal Killa. TASK: R.O.
(13 v 15) Coup v PancakeBrah. TASK: S.D.
(14 v 26) nO gOod! v Rayge. TASK: F.T.
(16 v 19) deadman v Dystopian. TASK: J.M.
(5 v 20) NYCSPITZ v Mr. J. TASK: N.B.
(12 v 22) Flo Real v TopicalDood5. TASK: A.G.
(24 v 23) Certain Serpent v Gazette. TASK: L.N.
(17 v 25) MikeWrecka v Just Write. TASK: S.H.

Predictions for Contests.
Some will win some will lose, maybe some will draw and there will be some no-shows.

General Information and FAQ.
How many weeks will the Tournament go for?
There will be 8 weeks of standard competition, and a special 9nth week tiebreaker week in the event of tied rankings.
How are rankings and record calculated?
All wins are awarded 2 points. A loss is awarded 1 point. If you “No show” you are awarded 0 points. Tied matches at the end of the voting period are awarded 1.5 points each.
Tied matches at the end of the voting period?
Voting periods will not be extended beyond the deadline, tied outcomes are O.K.
What are the voting regulations?
Standard 3 required votes any less than 3 results in a vote deduction from your contest.
What are the voting guidelines?
Long paragraphs etc are not required, any justification of your vote is sufficient, it can be simple, as long as it is not arbitrary or unexplained.
What will get me banished from the tournament?
Plagiarism, double accounts, editing your submission after your opponent has also submitted or voting has commenced, any unnecessary comments creating bias for your contest.
What are the deadlines for writing?
Weekly Magazines containing the Weekly Memo (general theme) will be released, along with the specific pages containing your writing task instructions (specific topics). Then you will have 3 days standard +1 day if required extension period to complete your writing. Voting can begin whenever the contests both have writing submissions, and will stay open for votes until the next Weekly Magazine. The scheduled process will not take more than 7 days.
What should I write?
Whatever you want, the aim of the writing challenge topics is to stimulate not restrict. There are no min or max line limits.
How are contest competitors chosen?
On sign up each competitor will be given a number. Using random.org 2 numbers are paired with each other. Match ups are always randomized rather than based on any system of high-ranking vs high-ranking etc.
What if there is an odd number of competitors for a round?
In the event of an odd number of competitors, the last competitor to sign in will have to compete against Frank’s alternate account. Or it will be a 1v1v1 contest with all standard rules applying,
What are the sign in regulations?
Signing in is open to all for all rounds, 2 required votes for sign in to be effective after week 1 sign ins. If you no-show you are signed-out and must sign-back in to receive a matchup.

Closing Weekly Comment.
A lot more signed up than expected. The randomized match ups coupled with the gaining points for anything other than no-showing means that anyone actively participating can gather points to be in a strong position. Also with 8/9 weeks of competition the sample size is large enough that people will still need to win to gather the extra points if they really want to “win.” Also, I can’t get online until next week, so direct questions to the other organizers. Hopefully you will enjoy the writing process, next week will be a different type of task, remember your required 3 votes, and good luck to all competitors for completing your submissions.

Spoken
07-22-2013, 04:25 AM
Dope mag lol @ my strength lol

Flow
07-22-2013, 06:43 AM
lmao what a mag

Maximus
07-22-2013, 08:34 AM
we're just gotta come up with as many variant letter strings as possible without necessarily making them rhyme??

Spoken
07-22-2013, 11:00 AM
yes... to my understanding at least

Certain
07-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Hello, Gazette. I can finish my verse tonight, if you would like to get a jump on things to encourage more voting. I probably will write about 40 lines.

Spoken
07-22-2013, 01:09 PM
dope.... then it makes it easier now

Meth
07-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Gone @ story's strength
zygote or Mike Wrecka

PM me what u want the forum description to say

Nigma
07-22-2013, 03:23 PM
Beautifully done sir. First mag in awhile I've read start to finish. Lookin forward to this league.

Boredom
07-22-2013, 04:30 PM
this going to be fun tbh. props on those involved in gettin this going.

NYCSPITZ
07-22-2013, 05:16 PM
lmaooo teach me ur ways zygote...

oats
07-22-2013, 05:35 PM
I WILL INCORPORATE LARS/FLOREAL COLLABS 101 INTO MY CURRICULUM IF IT'S THE LAST THING I DO.

Maximus
07-22-2013, 06:19 PM
K, i tink i got it now

Just Write
07-22-2013, 06:58 PM
lol@predictions, some will win.. some will lose, some will no-show. spot on predictions son.

Fig
07-22-2013, 11:28 PM
Sweeeet mag. I love acknowledgement

TYSON
07-22-2013, 11:42 PM
Lmao dope dope....

Adonis
07-23-2013, 12:04 AM
Lovely read young sir.

Zygote Strength is the hunger for love. Inronically his weakness is me cock and balls. Prediction??? Hmmmmm

Gazette
07-23-2013, 11:10 AM
Certain Serpent ... can't promise, really just depends how tired i am after work, i'll try though

Gazette
07-23-2013, 01:18 PM
Certain Serpent ... scratch that, pretty sure I'll be able to drop tonight

dead man
07-23-2013, 02:25 PM
this will be awesome.. looking forward to this entire tournament heavy

zygote you're a good man, hence this endeavor will succeed

Adonis
07-23-2013, 06:09 PM
TYSON

I hope you suck this week and start 0-1

Good day sir

TYSON
07-23-2013, 07:50 PM
Nah I'm going against u I should do fine...

Adonis
07-23-2013, 09:20 PM
Lmfao

Literally, not in a condescending or sarcastic tone at ALL

Certain
07-23-2013, 11:03 PM
Gazette and I have posted, for those looking to get a jump on voting: http://netcees.co/showthread.php?t=9121

Adonis
07-24-2013, 01:31 AM
Gazette and I have posted, for those looking to get a jump on voting: http://netcees.co/showthread.php?t=9121

Was about to go vote as I'm laying in bed and can't sleep even though I wake up early.

But them shits look like novels. Will read tonight and critique tomorrow if I'm not drunk as shit, which I can't promise.

But since you both posted early I promise to give some quality feed G's