PDA

View Full Version : Week 1 Discussion Thread

Mike Wrecka
07-22-2013, 04:55 PM
A few reminders

- their is no minimum or maximum line limit. write as much or as little as you want this week. Zygote is in charge of the Challenges and may make a line limit in future weeks.

- all battles will be closed Saturday. regardless of votes. a battle that is a tie is acceptable and the participants will be awarded 1.5 points. a win is 2.0 points, a loss is 1.0 points and a no show is 0 points.

- even battles with zero votes will be closed on Saturday. that would result in a tie. hopefully this never happens.

- Mags with challenges and match ups will be posted every Monday. Due dates will always be Wednesday at Midnight Western Standard Time. Extensions do not have to be approved by the opponent and the verse will then be due Thurday at Midnight PST. The one exception is if the opponent has already dropped a verse. Then they have to approve the extension

This league will run like clock work so you can plan accordingly

Mike Wrecka
07-22-2013, 04:57 PM
Boredom , your question is answered above

Sharp
07-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Mike Wrecka zygote as an fyi if you keep everyone's records in a sign-in thread, they can be easily updated by myself or another admin every week

Mike Wrecka
07-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Da Gawd lil Scrawny, it feels ridiculous typing that name. lmao

but ya thanks that would be helpful. good look

Meth
07-22-2013, 06:03 PM
Mike Wrecka zygote as an fyi if you keep everyone's records in a sign-in thread, they can be easily updated by myself or another admin every week

Came in here to say that

Good job scrawn

Mike Wrecka
07-22-2013, 06:24 PM
ok so apparently I had a retarded moment. the verses are due Wednesday Midnight Pacific Standard Time = PST

@everyone

Mike Wrecka
07-22-2013, 07:46 PM
Adonis

you can write about whatever you want. just use the two initials as much or as little as you choose. and make a coherent and entertaining verse in the process. zygote made the challenge and I agree it is a little strange but I think personally im going to use the initials as the start of two consecutive words in at least every line. placed anywhere, beginning, middle or end. if I could work in more all the better.

Nigma
07-22-2013, 08:28 PM
ok so apparently I had a retarded moment. the verses are due Wednesday Midnight Pacific Standard Time = PST

@everyone

Shouldn't have corrected yourself, had me convinced. Maybe I would have said WST to someone else (and maybe I still will) and convinced them it was an actual acronym, they could have told two more people who would further snowball this term into a socially accepted state. A pyramid of meticulously calculated origins, however, unintentional and serendipitous in nature.

Adonis
07-22-2013, 10:26 PM
Shouldn't have corrected yourself, had me convinced. Maybe I would have said WST to someone else (and maybe I still will) and convinced them it was an actual acronym, they could have told two more people who would further snowball this term into a socially accepted state. A pyramid of meticulously calculated origins, however, unintentional and serendipitous in nature.

I live in Killa Kali and I never heard anyone outside of school say pac. Time

Its always west time

Nigma
07-22-2013, 10:44 PM
I live in Killa Kali and I never heard anyone outside of school say pac. Time

Its always west time

2 Pac is 2 Westsyde. S'all gravy

Adonis
07-22-2013, 10:46 PM
Don't act capital Ganster on me or I'll get the leader of my goon squad on you

ZeeDee sucka, say some

Adonis
07-23-2013, 12:07 AM
Mike Wrecka or Zy who isn't in town

So all I've read indicates zero no show "re-pairings"?

Meaning if Tyson no shows and someone else no shows me and the other guy who also was no showed against will not battle? Just clarifying really bros

its officially my duty to make life hell for a bit

Certain
07-23-2013, 01:28 AM

@everyone

I'll be that guy: I think you actually mean Wednesdays at 11:59 p.m. PST, right?

Rawn M.D.
07-23-2013, 02:44 AM
So just to clarify

we are to write a verse on whatever we feel, just incorporate the letters in couplet within our verses. Moreover, there is no min or max on usage. Correct Mike Wrecka and zygote

If so - Voting wise, are we to vote on whose verse we enjoyed more? Whose verse utilized the letters better in the verse? Or whose verse used and rhymed the letters most effectively? Like should the verse b structured around the letters, or vice-versa? Im just trying to distinguish between the objective and challenge.

Certain
07-23-2013, 03:02 AM
So just to clarify

we are to write a verse on whatever we feel, just incorporate the letters in couplet within our verses. Moreover, there is no min or max on usage. Correct Mike Wrecka and zygote

If so - Voting wise, are we to vote on whose verse we enjoyed more? Whose verse utilized the letters better in the verse? Or whose verse used and rhymed the letters most effectively? Like should the verse b structured around the letters, or vice-versa? Im just trying to distinguish between the objective and challenge.

Have you ever seen that cooking show, Chopped? The contestants are forced to use certain ingredients to make a good meal. Then the judges decide who used the ingredients best while making the best meal.

So if someone does an entire verse of nothing but words starting with their two given letters, that will net points for use of the challenge task. But if their opponent writes a better, more interesting verse while doing a good job with the letters but not going as extreme, then that verse deserves to be rewarded.

Rawn M.D.
07-23-2013, 03:09 AM
so the challenge is secondary to the verse, its just to be included in the verse?

Spoken
07-23-2013, 03:50 AM
Yes you bitch Rawn M.D.

Coup
07-24-2013, 09:12 PM
pancakebrah, ill be taking the extension

Spoken
07-24-2013, 09:17 PM
yo Obj. Vs. Story open for business place them votes

Nigma
07-24-2013, 09:36 PM
Considering taking an ext cause im sick as fuck and dont want to drag my ass outta bed and type out what I have written lul. Ill do it though, will post tonight

Inno
07-24-2013, 11:16 PM
Figurative

you posting?

cuz I might need an hour or so past the deadline.

Pent uP
07-24-2013, 11:17 PM
Considering taking an ext cause im sick as fuck and dont want to drag my ass outta bed and type out what I have written lul. Ill do it though, will post tonight

Slick verse

Rawn M.D.
07-25-2013, 12:05 AM
^^posted Pent uP

Nigma
07-25-2013, 01:22 AM
Slick verse

Thank you sir, hope he shows

Fig
07-25-2013, 01:22 AM
Figurative

you posting?

cuz I might need an hour or so past the deadline.

Let me get that extension. Today was literally the worst day for anyone to ever write anything. Ever

Certain
07-25-2013, 03:26 AM
Eleven of 26 showed up on time, with a small handful actually requesting the extension. I'm guessing this is typical for the first week of a new league.

Spoken
07-25-2013, 04:39 AM
I took the deadline in stride and tried to make due with what I could had a huge slump with the topic at hand and really just lost myself at the end of my verse as I was swamped... I manned up andid not take an ext. fuck you guys bitchin' bout lol

Inno
07-25-2013, 08:56 AM
Figurative

Its all good

Adonis
07-25-2013, 09:07 AM
So....who's feeding my verse???

And can I give TYSON a ext even tho he didn't req?

Cause if TYSON wants to posts, I would rather have a battle off (them are fightin words) then a no show win

Nigma
07-25-2013, 12:49 PM
zygote Mike Wrecka I approve the ext

oats
07-25-2013, 01:37 PM
I'm an idiot and started writing a verse for GS, which was the example given, but my actual assignment was RO. Dodged a bullet!

Spoken
07-25-2013, 06:20 PM
Lol oats for president tho

Mike Wrecka
07-25-2013, 06:37 PM
which one of you two bastards are Franks two aliases ?

Adonis
07-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Mike Wrecka

Check the two IP address' if need. He two of them, but they are one digit off or so. You can compare to those two accounts.

I know you're probably being sarcastic, but I would check if I could. I can, but only net is on celly and that takes forever on here.

NYCSPITZ
07-25-2013, 07:36 PM
frank stop using aliases that's lame my nigga

PancakeBrah
07-25-2013, 07:44 PM
I completely forgot about this. I'll use the extension. All apologies.

Mike Wrecka
07-25-2013, 08:09 PM
Just Write

Atheist
07-25-2013, 08:26 PM
I only noticed this league the other day.

Adonis
07-25-2013, 09:15 PM
I miss Kuja's smiley face AV :(

Nigma
07-25-2013, 09:36 PM
I just had a tea reading and lady informed me Boredom and PancakeBrah were both going to no show. Prove her wrong gentlemen, I receive a full refund if her predictions were inaccurate

Boredom
07-25-2013, 11:52 PM
they are accurate unless i can get an ext til tomorrow. been way to nice to spend time inside writing, and i'm just about to head out drinking. if u don't want to give the ext i understand.. and i will def feed your verse Nigma .

Nigma
07-26-2013, 12:00 AM
they are accurate unless i can get an ext til tomorrow. been way to nice to spend time inside writing, and i'm just about to head out drinking. if u don't want to give the ext i understand.. and i will def feed your verse Nigma .

Mike Wrecka zygote is this acceptable? My only concern would be a potential lackage in votes but I'm fine with it if the powers that be are

Rawn M.D.
07-26-2013, 12:23 AM
im not a mod but 36 hr ext are not unheard of...should b possible if competitor approves, but its ultimately up to the mods.

Inno
07-26-2013, 12:57 AM
godam you fig

Coup
07-26-2013, 12:59 AM
imma gunna vote tomorrow...good verses to read

Rawn M.D.
07-26-2013, 01:06 AM
Lol no I'm not fat Adonis haha

Adonis
07-26-2013, 01:10 AM
Lies

Your verse reminded me of Dayday mimicking that fat girl about the hostess cakes (RIP) on Friday after the next

Rawn M.D.
07-26-2013, 01:13 AM
Haha nah I usta cook n have had numerous jobs in the hospitality industry

zygote
07-26-2013, 01:35 AM
I have some idea for changes to writing deadlines to make it more streamlined (just going to run it by the others). At the moment though, if you wish to accept EXTS then O.K. 100%. Remember, all contest pages will be closed Sunday afternoon (my time zone), which translates into Saturday 10-11pm Pacific Standard Time, so consider that closing date/time if you are requesting EXTS. Going to vote on 3 pages now, as won't require competitors to do something without doing it myself.

Certain
07-26-2013, 02:11 AM
I have some idea for changes to writing deadlines to make it more streamlined (just going to run it by the others). At the moment though, if you wish to accept EXTS then O.K. 100%. Remember, all contest pages will be closed Sunday afternoon (my time zone), which translates into Saturday 10-11pm Pacific Standard Time, so consider that closing date/time if you are requesting EXTS. Going to vote on 3 pages now, as won't require competitors to do something without doing it myself.

An idea I will suggest: If your opponent no-shows, you get one point for showing up and one point for voting on three battles.

Certain
07-26-2013, 02:32 AM
Adonis, here's the feedback promised for your verse:

The first 20 lines were individually strong characterization, but at a certain point I felt that you were repeating yourself, from a content perspective. I grasped the character pretty quickly, and while there was some nice wit shown, the content didn't move forward. That wouldn't have been as much of a problem had the ending, the turn, not sort of come out of nowhere. I don't think the dark turnaround really felt earned because it hadn't been properly introduced. So content-wise, the verse fell short for me.

But there was a lot of nice lyricism. A few of the conceptual and metaphorical descriptions worked well. And I did develop a very full sense of who this man is, more than simply a cliche. More concrete details might have helped, but the first person excused that to some degree as people often write about themselves without facing concrete details.

You used the challenge letters well, though I wasn't crazy about finishing the verse the way you did and leaping outside the concept and context of everything else you had written for that single last line. Besides, there are plenty of "W" words.

Your verse was good but showed the signs of someone who certainly can do better.

zygote
07-26-2013, 02:32 AM
Yes good idea. You already get 1 point for winning via no-show, but there can be no extra points for voting, 3 is just the required amount. Short votes are fine as well.
Well I was going to post it in the Moderator discussion area but cannot find where that is. So I will post it here instead. Here is the idea for Time Deadlines. Comment if you have some views.

" Everything will be closed each week Sunday afternoon 3pm-4pm East coast Australia time which is Saturday 10-11 pm Pacific Standard Time. It takes about an hour then a new magazine will be uploaded with the new week’s tasks and match-ups. Up until the time of closing you are allowed to upload and vote. However, be considerate to your opponent and don’t upload something right before, when everything is being closed. If you think you’re going to no show that’s fine just say so, if you can’t write until whatever day, that’s fine as well, just say so in your contest page. Extensions etc are meaningless in this format – Saturday 10-11pm Pacific Standard Time is when the Tasks are uploaded, and when all the weeks pages are closed. Your time frame for finishing writing and voting is therefore between Saturday 10-11pm PST and the next Saturday 10-11pm PST. "

Basically there will be no split between writing/voting periods (Like verses due Wednesday, voting due Saturday). This is placing some trust into competitors who have signed in to write whenever they can, with each competitor knowing there is that hard deadline of Sat 11pm PST and to upload accordingly. Note, this is only an idea, not a rule change or anything.

Mike Wrecka
07-26-2013, 11:21 AM
Yes good idea. You already get 1 point for winning via no-show, but there can be no extra points for voting, 3 is just the required amount. Short votes are fine as well.
Well I was going to post it in the Moderator discussion area but cannot find where that is. So I will post it here instead. Here is the idea for Time Deadlines. Comment if you have some views.

" Everything will be closed each week Sunday afternoon 3pm-4pm East coast Australia time which is Saturday 10-11 pm Pacific Standard Time. It takes about an hour then a new magazine will be uploaded with the new week’s tasks and match-ups. Up until the time of closing you are allowed to upload and vote. However, be considerate to your opponent and don’t upload something right before, when everything is being closed. If you think you’re going to no show that’s fine just say so, if you can’t write until whatever day, that’s fine as well, just say so in your contest page. Extensions etc are meaningless in this format – Saturday 10-11pm Pacific Standard Time is when the Tasks are uploaded, and when all the weeks pages are closed. Your time frame for finishing writing and voting is therefore between Saturday 10-11pm PST and the next Saturday 10-11pm PST. "

Basically there will be no split between writing/voting periods (Like verses due Wednesday, voting due Saturday). This is placing some trust into competitors who have signed in to write whenever they can, with each competitor knowing there is that hard deadline of Sat 11pm PST and to upload accordingly. Note, this is only an idea, not a rule change or anything.

personally i dont think a league can run like this. people post right before a deadline. its human nature. voting will be non existant and without feed back people will stop writing. the league will wither and die. thats my opinion.

and some battles have already been closed so we should stick with the deadlines set forth at least for this week to be fair to all

Certain
07-26-2013, 01:03 PM
I agree with Mike Wrecka. All the proof you need about that idea not really working is available this week. Almost everyone procrastinated even with a deadline. Gazette and I posted our verses Tuesday and didn't get a vote for more than 48 hours.

The natural inclination for people is to come up with excuses not to write, either internally or externally. Then it's for people to come up with excuses not to vote. You have to provide deadlines, multiple deadlines, or shit won't get done.

Moreover, if you know your opponent is better than you, what would stop you from dropping a verse three minutes before the deadline to get a tie?

Plot
07-26-2013, 02:02 PM
I hope Deadman shows, either way can I get some sort of feed on my
short drop, haven't written in a while and it was a pretty quick key obv.

Rawn M.D.
07-26-2013, 02:04 PM
Imma drop the remainder of my votes in a bit

Fig
07-26-2013, 02:39 PM
godam you fig

Whats good bro, I came through lol

NYCSPITZ
07-26-2013, 03:05 PM
sup Mr.J can I get an ext I'll write something in a couple hrs? If not it's cool I'm still happy b/c I just scored a potential 100k+/yr job!! yay!!

Adonis
07-26-2013, 03:15 PM
So NYCSPITZ has officially made this a $100 cash prize for the final playoff champ.

You're too kind sir...

zygote bad idea

NYCSPITZ
07-26-2013, 04:10 PM
lmao!! Maybe.

Inno
07-26-2013, 06:32 PM
Voting tonight suckas

Rawn M.D.
07-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Adonis n ne one else with a no show verse

if u post it up in the om n provide a link here (mention/tag would help too) I'll throw some feed at it Cuz ur threads in here r closed

Adonis
07-26-2013, 07:32 PM
Adonis n ne one else with a no show verse

if u post it up in the om n provide a link here (mention/tag would help too) I'll throw some feed at it Cuz ur threads in here r closed

Just drop me a few lines of feed here.

Making a new thread is too much work bruhv

Rawn M.D.
07-26-2013, 07:33 PM
Haha u on mobile ain't ya

but ya I got u I'm just waiting for my comp to charge up

Rawn M.D.
07-26-2013, 08:45 PM
Adonis

alright first off dope verse, i was feeling how u juxtoposed sht, and also ur word choice was nice af. Flow was smooth n effortless and content maintained the same direction throughout. Easy clean read. now the only negatives i picked up on (to me) were, alot of time when u went to use the challenge u didn't do it consecutively, but with a conjunction or another word breaking them up, but u did do it correct a few times. Only other small thing was u go from 3rd person, to second person, to first person, then back to 3rd person. Now u do it in a way where its acceptable bc of its spacing and how it reads, but it would probably read a bit cleaner if u just kept the same tense imo.

Solid verse though, i did enjoy it.

Adonis
07-26-2013, 10:03 PM
Oh shit, you called me on my old habits. Yes, on phone so for the time being I will have remedial errors like you said. I'm a highschool drop out/ extremely late grad. And as for the not using consecutives. I did have a problem finding W words consecutive and not being forced. Serpent mentioned there are plenty of W words, and there are. But using them consecutively with a R word wasn't happening, and I refuse to force shit. I would rather not use any, and be able to rap on beat then use the excercise. But this will cause problems later.

Thanks to serpent and Ronald McD's tho you. You both truth

Rawn M.D.
07-26-2013, 10:07 PM
word - just tryna be helpful. N I share the same viewpoint with forced vs not at all... but sometimes its more just reworking other sht in the line, not all the time tho...either way good sht.

Nigma
07-27-2013, 12:08 AM
I placed my no show verse in the OM if anyone would like to drop some feed on it. I'll try and get some more votes out tomorrow, plenty of delicious writing on display. Great opening week gentlemen, the beginning of a promising league.

Rawn M.D.
07-27-2013, 12:11 AM
I got u later tonight or tomorrow Nigma

Nigma
07-27-2013, 12:19 AM
I got u later tonight or tomorrow Nigma

You are a gentlemen and a scholar.

Sharp
07-27-2013, 01:34 AM
i know nothing about topicals but god damn certain serpent dropped fire

Rawn M.D.
07-27-2013, 02:43 AM
Done Nigma

Certain
07-27-2013, 02:44 AM
Mike Wrecka, I noticed you're asking sign-ins for two votes, which is smart, but I think it might make sense to let them go this week since that requirement wasn't in the first post of the sign in thread.

Rawn M.D.
07-27-2013, 02:58 AM
Certain Serpent just curious what site r u from and alias?

Split
07-27-2013, 07:12 AM

I think this can work. Also zygote Mike Wrecka Meth just enabled your accounts to see Admin/ Mod Lounge where the mod discussion thread is, too

So it's 6 days if having a topic up, and no line to distinguish between voting and writing?

I feel like a lot of times people will postpone writing or submitting until their opponent is ready, resulting in a sort of stalemate. We can try anything you guys want, I've never experimented with this sort of format.

It is worth a shot. As long as no- show wins count the same as regular wins, this shouldn't be too much of a problem. We should also encourage people to agree to set a drop time with their opponent and stick to it.

Coup
07-27-2013, 10:20 AM
Split Eight

homie can you open the NS threads so we can leave some feed to our brothers and sisters who posted ?

Split
07-27-2013, 10:30 AM
Split Eight

homie can you open the NS threads so we can leave some feed to our brothers and sisters who posted ?

Just leave it here and tag people. The battles that are open need to be at the top of the forum, seeing as all battles close tonight regardless of votes

Coup
07-27-2013, 11:22 AM
ok, gunna feed everyone cos I love everyone with a jolly heart

Coup
07-27-2013, 12:45 PM
Adonis cos I enjoy reading you from time to time when you do write here, I want to offer my thoughts on your piece. It may seem ridiculous seeing this week was an exercise, but voting helps me too.

first, I enjoyed our write night battle...been meaning to ask you, do you read scriptures?

Flacid dick but still your girl would insert into her mammory banks.

dead.

thought your first 12 lines were great establishing lines to then shoot of into more development so to speak. You opened immediately into his political ties and leanings, now I understand this was to paint him an average Joe so to speak, but going that way to identify his world views, you really need to adhere to that and give the development to pay respects to it...you didn't. therefore it felt lazy and added just because.

picking up on the 13th line and on you switch tense and use I for one line then abadoned it, it seemed fishy. I liked that, great way to continue if you obeyed the tense change. Also at the 13th line it would have been a good point to hit enter and start a new paragraph to stress the change, just me w/e. (to show examples and put this cat to the test)

you continue to describe this person and how he lives and in his circumstances of negativity...which is counter culture, I get that, you set it up well in the first 12 lines...felt you should have stepped away, thought of a way to take this verse to allow this person to go through things that are a direct result of the attributes you gave him...otherwise you just kept on establishing his counter culture ways...which gave a picture of whom he may be but you did not test him in a way that we could see how he acted in the world he lives under the vibes you created for him...we need to use what you described him and as readers see how he goes about so we can conculde outside of what you say..this is a written divice.

the last two lines were broken into a new paragraph. to ask a rethorical question, why ? you knew it's to start a new theme and develop. All in all you should have gave situational examples of this cat, as it stood it was incomplete

I realize this was just an exercise so whatever....

just a thought...good verse

Nigma

If I had to predict someone to write a tounge twister with there letter assiagment this week, I would have chosen you. YOu did not disappoint:

Crowds lay cowarding lowly in a
Cavern thats loaded, cold and captured cronies, lasting lonely
Clouds of locust crashing loudly
Cannot lie, this camp is lousy
See, the captures cast our county
Laughing loudly like a lycans lung

is cowarding a word ? lol I'm just being a douche here. really is it ?

I'll bust you bitches leave you cunts equipped with Hush's lisp

dead.

Most of this took place in a cave. If you say no, well yes I disagree lol. I read this slow and loved the opening. the wording was fun and fluid with a attention to word placements coupled with your assignment, made this witty and sensical. Toward the middle half and working to the close I felt you went S&F mode and preiceved you compelled to stray from your opening ideas...hush's lisp lol It was toward this point I did not care, because from a language preservative this was beautiful and offered some colors and sounds.

make no mistake, I'll have to surly keep my eye on your next weeks verse...may sign back in for this

good show
oats- I see you.
Mr. J

mentioning Keith Sweat in the opening was a risk, because some don't know what/who that is...I didn't so I rolled with it anyways, already at a disadvantage. I know right. Cearful with openings...they must be very clear...

I'm a have to tune bodies, while y'all writing in your toon bodies
it's never too soon to burn em' all like we in the Illuminati
we been backwards...and every variation got me Benjamin Button
every variation got me buxom, and eventually buggin'...

word man. Just word. fresh

nobody has the time for that...nobody has the time for that

like the repeat phrase, gives this importance and revails your voice within this pretty well. respect. a simple effect used and placed at the right time.

sorry but all you had to do is rewind it back and see where I b..n

considering your assignment this was clever. all in all not sure what your verse was...lacked elements of pacing ideas along, instead this felt random and well just a nice flex of attitude. not a diss. I read this easily and it flowed hard. incorporate a reason into the verse and an identifiable situation or context then we are butter, otherwise this felt all willy nilly...props Mr. J.

it echoes like Keith Sweat, Nobody can compete..yet..
you carry on as if no boundaries have seen breath...
seen birth into a new born established idea..achieved depth
further investigations would only leave disbelief...dead
but reliefs sent...as if the News broadcasted the need...

what is this about ? (don't tell me)

Mike Wrecka

in contrast to nigma and Mr. J your short fluid verse had a purpose and a reason, which oyu started and ended with not only lingering thoughts but some conditions relative to your world view thrown in...I liked this for a few reasons: it was short, not going on past what you wanted to say, and your letter assignments were smooth and natural to what you say. and mostly, you were unbiased and not casting judgment on the context and concepts your wrote in...props for doing that. Casting judgment in verses of this type are what cripples it.

some lines I liked
see section eight becomes section hate as things get medieval,
poverty is the new secret home of the dark ages upheaval/

so true...the "NWO" coming that most talk about is really the dark ages...I connected with this and your next line

sometimes those under these conditions seek a harrowing escape,
so they inject themselves with drugs and imagine a better place/

or a better time as several hours go by,
some how they feel better and don't really know why/
seeking the answer to all the secrets held, below skies,
silence holds the truth so shhhhhhhhhhhhhh, speak no lies/
never sacrifice honesty, one look in the mirror its clear,
that selfishness hindered your judgment to get your here/

^this was a good tie in and conculsion of sorts to the opening lines that established drug use and the defacto it has on people...dope last line...props to you...

to add some critique or suggestions would to bleed some cause into this to explain the effect it has...otherwise it's ambiguous and we use our understanding to explain away the conditions you set...though not bad, but if you would have done this there is chance to leave a lasting impression of new insight that the reader may have not have him/her self...

good drop dude for real..tight compact and coherent.

Plot

was surprised at why I enjoyed your verse...it was unique to me in thta you explored what may be on the mind of some competitor in some league that may not be what it seems on the surface, riddled underneath with arbitrary and bullshit that you need to rise up over...I never seen this before in a verse and give real props to ya for exploring it out....

these lines were dope

The monkey wrench in the works, the thorn in ya side,
That makes ya formula flawed and forms a storm in ya mind.
My wisdoms enigma’s, only the incorrigible seeks it,
I’m 2 steps behind you, so it’s impossible to predict.
The sediment of life, find all your sentiments despised,
I’m here with the spoilers revealing the elements of surprise.

monky wrench in the works...ha, at first I thought is said words....hmm, that would be dope too.

in fact, this verse is a silent bomb man...lots of raw stuff in here

And earn an accomplishment for a fail of epic proportions.
Turn a mountain of effort into something microscopic,
Enter a topical, just so you can completely slight the topic.
Well I guess that’s Just Me, I’m an agent of chaos,
And I cant even fucking get that right to profit the pay-offs

all in all a very raw verse bro...impressed I am. Respect to you sir.

Mike Wrecka
07-27-2013, 12:54 PM
props Coup

that was awesome

Coup
07-27-2013, 12:56 PM
edit
thank you

Adonis
07-27-2013, 06:09 PM
So after coup and Rawn mentioned me changing from 1st to 2nd person and shit I went to read it.

You're wrong.

"A whore monger"...not saying the or he's, not saying I'm either. Just "A".

Essentially, it was first person entirely. Because all those "a" sentences were referring to myself, then I said I or I've a few times. Don't matter tho.

Good looks boys

A right winger is "I'm a right winger" minus the first word

Rawn M.D.
07-27-2013, 06:14 PM
U start in 3rd bc the 'i' has not been mentioned it's more a neutral tense then 3rd but u get what I'm saying I think Adonis (that's why I said it still worked)

Pent uP
07-27-2013, 07:12 PM
I feel bad cuz I dropped a vote on inno/fig but i guess it was a landslide. I just wanted to tackle it cuz it had 7 responses.

sorry to the other guys i couldve read up on instead

Pent uP
07-27-2013, 07:13 PM
Also Mike Wrecka please spell my name right when posting threads.

Pent uP

Rawn M.D.
07-27-2013, 09:02 PM
zygote and Mike Wrecka
do new matches go up tonight or tomorrow?

Nigma
07-27-2013, 09:58 PM
Coup damn blown away by that no show love homie respect and appreciate it.
Que whatsup man good to see you around and droppin votes, you gonna hop in the competition at all tho? Should go sign in imo

Inno
07-27-2013, 11:16 PM
Sorry for slacking foreal I will get votes in tonight.

Also.

Any care to tell me exactly what grammar errors I have

Because I do fucking spell check godam it lol.

So it most be punctuation.

This is not a rant or me complaining about votes..no way

Just trying to improve my writing.

Rawn M.D.
07-28-2013, 01:19 AM
I got u Innovator

I tired to b as constructive as possible, so don't take me thing the wrong way.
If u need clarification on anything just shoot a pm n I got u.
Hope it helped.

Adonis
07-28-2013, 10:45 AM
Ill peep urs Innovator

Camping now though
Mike Wrecka zygote

Clock work nucka. Lego!!

Inno
07-28-2013, 12:07 PM
Rawn M.D.

Thansk man preciate that feed it really does help
And noe I see what im doing wrong.alot of laziness on part tbh.
Alot trivial punctuation mistakes I shouldn't be making.

Thanks again rawn

Adonis thank you aswell.

And pent up who got me curious with his vote lol.

Voting now

Mike Wrecka
07-28-2013, 04:39 PM
great week 1 guys. voting was on point and we actually had one battle end in a 4-4 tie. which tbh feels right for that battle.

Rawn M.D.
07-28-2013, 06:00 PM
When r next week's matches going Mike Wrecka zygote

Fig
07-28-2013, 06:07 PM
I thought voting was due tonight? I haven't had time n was guna get me voting in later today....

Rawn M.D.
07-28-2013, 06:08 PM
Ya I don't think matches should b closed for votes till next week is going up tbh

Objective
07-28-2013, 06:09 PM
I thought voting was due tonight? I haven't had time n was guna get me voting in later today....

I thought I had the rest of the day to vote as well, so I only got one or two votes in, not sure. But ye, it is what it is. ^^

Fig
07-28-2013, 06:12 PM
Innovator yo sorry for not coming with my best effort in this battle. Its been quite literaly the most intense week of my life and i did as much as i.could with how much time i had

To everyone else, i will be comin hard from now on, so suckadick

Rawn M.D.
07-28-2013, 06:24 PM
Innovator Figurative

if ether of u want to vote on me and Pent uP battle in here that's alright as long as he don't object

Rawn M.D.
07-28-2013, 06:26 PM
Or better yet Meth Sharp Nine Mike Wrecka Knucklehead zygote namix trap can one of u reopen the threads till next week is ready so ppl cane vote that need or want to?

Sharp
07-28-2013, 07:02 PM
wait

you guys closed a battle as a tie?

Rawn M.D.
07-28-2013, 07:07 PM
Sharp Nine that is covered in th e original thread scoring done by points so ties can happen but still if ppl wanna vote n next week ain't up then let them

Sharp
07-28-2013, 07:08 PM
im not running anything lol im just updating records if needed

Mike Wrecka
07-28-2013, 07:28 PM
yes Sharp Nine, this league runs on a schedule. Battles will end when the voting period is over regardless of amount of votes. matches resulting in ties are awarded one point as where a win is two points. this is an innovative idea that zygote had and I personally love it. that way the league runs on schedule without having to wait for matches being delayed by voting.

Mike Wrecka
07-28-2013, 07:31 PM
sorry guys I actually said voting would end Saturday night. we need time to get the contestants records figured out before posting the mag on Monday.

I gave you guys until sunday afternoon though. but since it is week one, no one will be docked anything for not voting. I think in general voting was strong. if you didn't vote this week vote extra hard next week.

Inno
07-28-2013, 08:36 PM
Rawn m d.

Actually was voting on your battle..then my power went out
When it came back the battle was already closed.

I still have the vote saved...I think
Figurative

No prob my nigga

Rawn M.D.
07-28-2013, 08:41 PM
just out of curiosity what was it Innovator

Inno
07-28-2013, 08:44 PM
Lol tbh I had it a tie when I was voting.

And I was gonna post it and come back to
Give my final vote..but as is I had it a tie.

Rawn M.D.
07-28-2013, 08:46 PM
lol word

Objective
07-28-2013, 09:38 PM
(10 v 7) Boredom v Objective. TASK: Cyberfeminists.

Cool task, looking forward to this shit. You ready to slaughter this week with feminism Boredom?

Meth
07-28-2013, 10:17 PM
Lmao at the people bout to have a x-x-x record