Sharp
09-08-2014, 12:15 PM
Netcees Newbie Tourney VII

Rules

Due Dates:

Verses are due Friday,
September 12th 2014 11:59 PM PST.
Check Ins are due WEDNESDAY, Sept 10t 2014
Battles that lack votes may close later.
One sided battles may get closed early.
Extensions are 24 hours

Line Limit:

Min. = 8 lines
Max. = 16 lines
Limit MUST be agreed upon

General Rules:

First to 5, Win by 2, 3-0=KO
1st person to post can't edit after the 2nd person posts.
2nd person to post can't edit after a vote has been made.
Feeding = DQ.
Recycling = DQ.
Biting = DQ.
No freeposting, swaying or bitching.
Unless a picture battle is agreed upon,
linking to your opponent's picture or posting it
means you will be disqualified.
A check in ISmandatory.
Competitors should agree on a line limit in their check in.
If no line limit is agreed on, then the 2nd person to post
must match the 1st person's line amount.

jilti Objective

Objective
09-08-2014, 01:21 PM
Sharp Nine to the rescue! Dope. Checking in!

Want to go the full 16 lines jilti?

jilti
09-10-2014, 11:57 PM
Here

jilti
09-11-2014, 10:34 PM
Don't count on it. I got some pretty good lines that explains how gay you are, why you don't have a girlfriend and that your mother is a whore.

blah blah blah. keep talkin bout my Family,Guy
and end up in a wheelchair like Joe Swanson, but in actual life
here's two middle fingers up plus the F word
cuz it aint my mom on the corner Obscene,Gestures
ima 70/30 favorite to advance and take the dub
according to predictions from Sharp,Object wont make the cut
it's 9/11, a day of remembrance for losses suffered
by records, it'd take next anniversary to reflect on all urs fucker
dude tryna be a Gangster bully, battlin rookies
but he's not hood bcuz if OBGY Nigga acting pussy

10 lines Objective

Objective
09-11-2014, 11:20 PM
None would be surprised if your boring ass life memorized Desperate Housewives,
I can tell you hike by yourself to escape crackpipes and keeping your wrists away from jacknives.
You've never had a real opinion in your life, and you know that it's right dude,
you'd get happy slapped and still question whether or not you support their reason to fight you.
When cops come storming your place and charge you for bringing down your race and being putrid,
your nick's based on what you say as half your face have paralyzed itself for being attached to stupid.
If how you act on the boards reflect how you are in person you're worthless,
I'm not speaking about battles and posts without purpose, you just seem constantly nervous;
You're keeping a clean slate, a stupid perfectionist whose persona is equally weak and fake,
a country of you's a dictators dream state, someone show this no personality having fuck to Eden Lake.

BROKE LESNAR
09-11-2014, 11:56 PM
according to predictions from Sharp,Object wont make the cut - lotb
Objective

Didn't quote the OBGY bar bc I'm pretty sure it's OB/GYN. Not a big fan of one letter np's, but it had potential. It just felt incomplete.

I can tell you hike by yourself to escape crackpipes and keeping your wrists away from jacknives.
You've never had a real opinion in your life, and you know that it's right dude,
you'd get happy slapped and still question whether or not you support their reason to fight you.

Your entire verse read more like a S&F. I really liked it, but I recognize it didn't necessarily have the witticism and cleverness that I tend to look for in a text battle. I quoted the 2 bars, even though they came across as statementish, bc I didn't want to make it seem like I didn't enjoy the vers3 in its entirety. Bc I dug those bars alot, but not by the criteria I use to judge battles.

After reading Jilti's I thought Objective had a big shot at winning due to the lack of consistency and misses, but Objective's verse just really didn't have the battle format that I personally prefer. Everyone has their own style and bc of this I won't dog it bc I did like it for what is was.

I have this scored 2-1 Objective but Jils bar was lotb so that cancels out 1 of Objective's making it 1-1. To break the draw I'm going to go with the bar that impressed me the most and that was Jiltis.

v-Jilti

Paradigm
09-12-2014, 05:46 AM
... lol jesus. posts moved to chat thread. Thread Cleaned.
theMuzzl3 please pay attention.

theMuzzl3
09-12-2014, 07:16 AM
jilti, your lines were great, and nice and short. It had some good punch lines to it, but IMO you're not a newbie, you're a multi.

Objective, your lines were great. I loved them. Despite a missed comma and 1 misspelled word.... I think overall you won this.

/v Objective

sral
09-12-2014, 07:59 AM
LOL i'm not sure many will get Objective's Eden lake reference apart from me, but either way, jilti got this. Just smoother wording and execution of concepts right throughout his verse. gestures / Just Yours doesnt work in my accent but I allow some leniancy, i'm sure Destroyer will have something to say about tit though. Erm, yeah, that's about it.

jilti for the smoother overall verse here.

Camp Bell
09-12-2014, 12:10 PM

vs

nothing.

im not sure if i just didnt get it or objects verse lacked a punch
or strong enough punches to make ann impact. jilti verse wasnt
really all that either, he was just more consistent and that sharp
object line was craazy.

vote: jilti

Tic
09-12-2014, 12:21 PM
Jilti: 70/30 was cool and 9/11 could have been good if reworded. "On all yours fucker" doesn't really come off as hard hitting.

Objective had a cool S&F piece, but not for a battle. It read nice though and I can see you having some good Open Mic pieces. But on punches, Jilti got this.

Vote - Jilti

Plot
09-13-2014, 12:37 PM
Jilti had:

Kinda liked Obs, closer.

But the two verses in comparison, Jilti's is a much more effective battle verse.

V-Jilti

PotatoSackLegend
09-13-2014, 02:27 PM
blah blah blah. keep talkin bout my Family,Guy
and end up in a wheelchair like Joe Swanson, but in actual life
it's 9/11, a day of remembrance for losses suffered
by records, it'd take next anniversary to reflect on all urs fucker
dude tryna be a Gangster bully, battlin rookies
but he's not hood bcuz if OBGY Nigga acting pussy

i liked the first line it was simple but effective 2nd was not feelin it much 3rd was nice 4th nah man i see where u were goin but it didnt feel that effective closer ...i didnt understand.

When cops come storming your place and charge you for bringing down your race and being putrid,
your nick's based on what you say as half your face have paralyzed itself for being attached to stupid.
If how you act on the boards reflect how you are in person you're worthless,
I'm not speaking about battles and posts without purpose, you just seem constantly nervous;
You're keeping a clean slate, a stupid perfectionist whose persona is equally weak and fake,
a country of you's a dictators dream state, someone show this no personality having fuck to Eden Lake.

first was ehhh 2nd was was another ehh line im not really seein no punchlines 3rd line made me fuckin lol ,enjoyed it, 4th was nah, no punch and 5th i see where u were goin but the way u wrote it wasnt that harsh

overall jitli got it with lotb it was a close one i liked objectives attached to stupid line tho that shit was funny but based on consistency and harshness jitli gets it

v/jilti