PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Tournament VII Intro Mag

Sharp
09-10-2014, 10:09 PM
Introduction

What's up guys, Sharp, your resident old school newb tourney winner here. Glad this is going full circle so I can mod the next newbie tourney and hopefully we see some new talent develop. This will be a 4-round tourney and if everyone shows (hopefully will be the case) there will be one 3-way battle. Hopefully everyone here actively contributes by dropping and voting constructively.

By the way: anyone here (especially guys that are really new to text battling) I invite you to send me lines, ask for advice/pointers/whatever. This is about giving young talent a place to grow and I want to do whatever I can to help that. Now lets get started

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhggLjykBok
(check this shit out, free mixtape)

Meet the contenders

Witty
My pick to win this tourney. Witty’s a prolific writer, known mostly for his topical battles and open mic pieces, but he’s shown that he can effectively use humor for some hard-hitting text battles. He’s one of the most versatile writers in text today but has yet to make waves in battling. Could this be his first big NC battling achievement?

Tic Tac
Being one of RB’s battle league champs makes Tic Tac another favorite going into this newbie tourney. He can be frustratingly inconsistent at times but when he’s on, damn he’s on - see his last Summer Classic verse. Depending on who he ends up facing I see Tic making it to at least the semis.

jilti
I have no idea who jilti is. I only noticed the guy after like 5 battles and he’s already turned some heads. He’s got a great handle on text and is definitely another strong contender to go all the way here. I look forward to seeing more from him in here.

Plot
One of my favorite under the radar battlers. Plot can be very hit or miss but he’s proven to be a clever battler whose wording is either his opponent’s bane or his own. He’s definitely improved as of late and if he stays active there’s no question he’d be a threat by the middle of the next NBL season. Fun fact: my first text battle win was against plot in NC 1.0’s last newbie tourney.

Windu Tuako
I see windu as a bit of a wildcard. He can be creative but his style and wording is a bit old-fashioned. He’s really only a few tweaks away from being another solid contender and admittedly I haven’t read anything dude’s done in awhile. Assuming he does his thing here he could go far.

Camp Bell
Camp’s one of those battlers that you can count on to bring smooth wording if nothing else, which I really appreciate. He’s got a great flex style that I can see transferring to audio, and I have seen transfer into good wording for battling. Look for him to have a killer bar or two before this tourney’s over.

Unfukwitable
Unfuk is another RR head who handles shortbar well. He had a solid run in the last NBL season and has shown he can compete with higher-level battlers. I haven’t seen anything he’s done in awhile but assuming he’s gotten better he’ll be another guy to watch.

MKG
I don’t know if I’ve ever seen MKG outside of discussion meaning if he’s been active here its more recently. I hope he’s prepared for a lot of single-letter name flips. What I saw from looking him up was pretty good and he could gain a lot from this.

Rudeboy
Last NBL season Rudeboy was a guy who I wish had shown more. He looked decent from what I saw but was never really consistently around. His matchup against MKG is probably the closest match of the round and could very easily be a great read.

Notebook
Never saw anything from notebook. Looking forward to seeing what he’s got.

Profit
Another NC newcomer but the way dude talks you can tell he knows text. He's caught some flak for his boarding habits and some so-so BA drops but the mechanics are all in place for him. Look solid drops from profit.

Touche Guerrero
Literally know idea who this is but I like the name.

Objective
Our resident depressing scandanavian, Objective is a pretty good topical writer. I’ve never seen him in a battle before but it’s very possible he can make the necessary adjustments and put out some hot lines. He better do it quick though, his first round matchup is going to be tough.

timeless
I think timeless is a topical writer? Don’t know, looking forward to seeing more from him.

pharaohsarmy52
I’ve seen one battle from pharaoh in the BA and it was not too good. My guess is this is a true newbie who has a lot of reading battles to do. Hopefully this tourney becomes a platform to help him elevate.

themuzzl3
I don’t know what I can say about muzz that hasn’t been said in disc… literally any detail about the dude has been found and mocked. He appears to be another true newbie and doesn’t have a battle style yet. Hopefully this tourney is a learning experience for him.

potatosacklegend
No idea who this is but I like the name.

Beans
Haven’t seen this dude for awhile, pretty good battler if I recall. He’s definitely a sleeper pick for this tourney and could go pretty far.

Last Year's Finals

Shogun Dinero aka Gamble

..This battle was over as soon as i came burstin through
Its tough, cuz you're shit outta luck - & it's not Andrews feces I'm referring to
..Finals wooptie do, honestly you two aint worth my time meng
A punch gets thrown, and i hit right on the money like Hush winning 35k
..Your signing your death certificate with just going this round
And now sir, I won't have to plant a flower to put Mallow in the ground
..These two are hopeless fakes, that ppl quick to over rate
So this beating is all Foremost - no wonder I'm above you both in rank
..Once these lameo's dead? Ill run ya pockets and take yo bread
& have Utmost chick fall head over heels for me like Miss Potato Head
..I'm the heir to the throne when u two couldn't accomplish a thing
I may be the suboxone king, but ur just a fuckin sub boxin a King

Malachi

You guys are pussies, scared to shoot but im quick to point it at yo spinal
Only time utmost sho guns next to me was cause meth put it in the title
Utmost lost to rawnold at text, and you guys want this faggot to win
Rawns the thief, but after that HE should prolly go back to the pen
Dinero your weak and frail, you not close to ever beating me
Howd you expect this to work out for you, after Jim fucked u up so easily
and Im dope so when i speak legends hold it up higher than the mountains
If Sho spoke, Youd see "hush gamble" quicker if it was up for more than 35 thousand
Plus UMost lame ass dont got any game, he would never ever get a ho
What u expect when this losers longest convos with a chick resemble a karaoke post
But honestly this was a dope battle and yall are real talented guys cuz
Id love to respect you niggas if only yall wasnt as big of a joke as my line was

Utmost
Sho, ya sloppy as shit. da fact that Rican made it close..u should probably quit
Coz no one'll ever say Dinero is good fellas... unless its the old mafia flick
Yall gotta be pissed, Im throwin fists so hard in the craziest arc
that once ur eye blacks...Paula Deen'll cook up more racist remarks
think im impressed? Mal ur 14 years old, step and I'll manhandle you
& I'd say uve neva touched a pussy in ur life...cept ur throwin punches at Gamble too
Fuckin vermin, speak when I say so!!! only takes a few shots for u to get nervous
& you betta be quiet as a Church, Mal's...or it'll be same volume at ya funeral service
Peep the predictions, a'body vouchin for Most..respected coz im too dope
but IF someone goes to Bat for yall...their catchin more heat than Affleck in his new role
The economies STILL bad, meanin im schemin on chips so blink n get blitzed
& shiiit, bullets cost a fuckin fortune...but im prepared to make yall stinking rich

Malachi wins 5-1

Sharp
09-11-2014, 12:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umuJUsZjHEw

Predictions

Witty vs themuzzl3
Witty is, well, witty when it comes to battles. In fact, his previous newbie tourney efforts were only thwarted by yours truly. Muzzle on the other hand is fairly new to text and doesn't really get how to throw together a punchline. If witty shows (he fucking better) with his sense of humor and all of the personal information dug up he should be able to handle muzzle with no problems.

Witty: 90/10

Tic Tac vs pharaohsarmy52
Pharaoh is just starting out and doesn't quite have a sense of punches yet. He could grow plenty during this tourney but Tic is a great battler at times. He won't need to do much to beat what I've seen from pharaoh but there's always room for surprises.

Tic: 85/15

Plot vs timeless
Another case of guy who I know can drop solid bars vs guy I've never seen before, and I just have to assume that Plot's capable of doing his thing here. If it turns out timeless is dope that's great, but I know what Plot has and have to go with the safe call.

Plot: 65/35

jilti vs Objective
jilti already looks like a heavy contender and I've never seen Objective battle. Topical cats can really go either way with text battles so this should be interesting, but I think jilti will take it with the apparent experience. I'm looking for Objective to surprise people with his drop tho.

jilti: 70/30

Windu Tuako vs Profit
Only seen a little bit from either but I thought Windu had stronger material and wording. Profit definitely has his head around text so he could use this as a platform to elevate but at the moment Windu's the stronger battler.

Windu: 75/25

Camp Bell vs Touche Guerrero
Could really go either way depending on Touche. I know Camp's a solid all-around writer so I'd expect him to have a solid drop. Depending on how Touche does (or whose alias it is) this could be a banger or a blowout. But I gotta go with what I know so Camp has an edge.

Camp: 70/30

Unfukwitable vs Notebook
Again comes down to the guy I'm not familiar with. I know unfuk is capable of some good bars so he's got an edge for me. But I hope notebook turns this into an unexpected surprise.

Unfukwitable: 80/20

MKG vs Rudeboy
Gonna be close and a sleeper pick for BOTW. MKG definitely gets text but I've only seen a so-so nameplay from him in the 1-2. Rudeboy is another x-factor who could definitely shake things up if he does what he's capable of. Look for a close match here but I give Rudeboy the slightest edge even though MKG is seeded higher.

Rudeboy: 51/49

Beans vs Potatosacklegend
I know beans is solid, I don't know potato. Gotta go with beans but I'm open to the possibility of being surprised.

Beans:70/30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3cI6ikkzIM
get it? cause it's your time...?

fuck you guys

WTFS
Wtf @ Me back into modding and writing a mag all in one night
Wtf @ Everything about the muzzle
Wtf @ Gamble vs R!can actually happening during the last newb tourney. That's a LOT to live up to guys don't disappoint
Wtf Objective hating people taking pictures of their food
Wtf @ NO ONE VOTING ON THE TAG TOURNEY (me included) GO VOTE ON IT GUYS
Wtf @ Fred Jackson's career outlasting Ray Rice's
Wtf @ me running out of wtfs. I'm getting old

Outro

Alright, everyone's signed in so far and that's dope. I look forward to all these battles we're going to have and if you have any questions/want advice/whatever please feel free to PM me for help. Looking forward to the next mag which will be full of stuff from this round. Make this a dope one guys.

Sharp
09-11-2014, 12:25 AM
MKG jilti Camp Bell Unfukwitable PotatoSackLegend Notebook pharaohsarmy52 Windu Tuako Witty Wonka Touche Guerrero Tic Tac RudeBoy theMuzzl3 Plot timeless Profit Objective Beans

Clayray
09-11-2014, 12:31 AM
Ahh good shit Sharp. I'm guessin you couldn't find anything good to say about me in "meet the contenders" lmaooo I see you! But nah mags dope dude. Insightful & it's cool to see predictions and everything.

Allen Knight
09-11-2014, 01:48 AM
tic tac an witty in the newbie torney tho?? lmao

MKG
09-11-2014, 03:01 AM
Nice mag sharp

Appreciate the time and effort put in!

Repped

Sharp
09-11-2014, 06:40 AM
Ahh good shit Sharp. I'm guessin you couldn't find anything good to say about me in "meet the contenders" lmaooo I see you! But nah mags dope dude. Insightful & it's cool to see predictions and everything.
Fuck

Editing you in during my lunch break haha my bad

Tic
09-11-2014, 09:02 AM
Nice mag, Sharp.
Only started last year. Too soon? Lol.

Kill Spree
09-11-2014, 12:35 PM
Nice mag sharp

Allen Knight
09-11-2014, 12:54 PM
Nice mag, Sharp.

Only started last year. Too soon? Lol.

I think anyone who was in the last noobie torney shouldn't be in a another Lmoaoo

Plot
09-11-2014, 12:58 PM
this is my third lol

Tic
09-11-2014, 01:18 PM
I think anyone who was in the last noobie torney shouldn't be in a another Lmoaoo
This is my 1st.

Objective
09-11-2014, 01:48 PM
Dope mag! And ye, fuck those people taking pictures of food unless it's something THEY have spent some serious time making or it's some really creative shit I haven't seen before etc., and double fuck you to those that pose with it like it's a monument. I'm against death penalty, but for the people that does this shit relentlessly I'm open for an exception to the rule.

Sharp
09-11-2014, 02:30 PM
edited you in the intro part Profit

my bad again lmaoo

that'd be cool but there'd be like no one now and at the same time a tourney of true newbs would read like assss lol

Allen Knight
09-11-2014, 04:54 PM
This is my 1st.

oh thought u were in the other, then ight enjoyin winning u fruit cake

Certain
09-11-2014, 05:23 PM

Except R!canTheoryz. Why is he not in this?

R!canTheoryz
09-11-2014, 06:33 PM
Except R!canTheoryz. Why is he not in this?

They Kno I'll Body This

Meth
09-11-2014, 11:45 PM
Sharp Nine

<3

Sharp
09-11-2014, 11:47 PM
you know I got you meth

They Kno I'll Body This

If you signed up then meth didn't add you to the OP of the signup thread

sad day for text tbh

Meth
09-11-2014, 11:50 PM
you know I got you meth

If you signed up then meth didn't add you to the OP of the signup thread

sad day for text tbh

I tagged him in sign ups he never signed up tho :(

BROKE LESNAR
09-12-2014, 12:01 AM

This. It had only been a few months that I started doing this and was disallowed from joining the then Newbie tournament. Both of these guys have been around for awhile, on different sites and so on.

For this reason I have Tic Tac winning the tournament.

Tic
09-12-2014, 12:17 AM
I'll drop out if that's the consensus. I'm sure there are underdogs that could beat me. Jilti is good, IMO. Plot has some good stuff too, plus he's been in like 8 of these lmao.

If I wasn't tagged I'm not sure I would've signed up, tbh. I enjoy Tourneys too much.

R!canTheoryz
09-12-2014, 12:18 AM
Fuck Guys Your telling me I Missed the Sign ups?
I didn't get No Email?

Certain
09-12-2014, 12:26 AM
R!canTheoryz is replacing Witty Wonka.
theMuzzl3's verse works well against either.

theMuzzl3
09-12-2014, 12:45 AM
R!canTheoryz is replacing Witty Wonka.
theMuzzl3's verse works well against either.

coo, I hope he posts something

Plot
09-12-2014, 12:53 AM
I will honorably give Rican my spot,
the dudes a fuckin legend, he belongs here.

jilti
09-12-2014, 01:28 AM
I'll drop out if that's the consensus. I'm sure there are underdogs that could beat me. Jilti is good, IMO. Plot has some good stuff too, plus he's been in like 8 of these lmao.

If I wasn't tagged I'm not sure I would've signed up, tbh. I enjoy Tourneys too much.

Nah bro dont drop out. These newbs need someone to show them how to hone their craft by way of example

jilti
09-12-2014, 02:03 AM
Cool mag btw. Do these battles count towards our records?

Sharp
09-12-2014, 08:52 AM

Don't
Fuck Guys Your telling me I Missed the Sign ups?
I didn't get No Email?
If witty no shows I'll give you tomorrow to write a verse for muzzle or if there's a double ns you can get that spot?
I will honorably give Rican my spot,
the dudes a fuckin legend, he belongs here.
Please don't
Cool mag btw. Do these battles count towards our records?

Yes, records updated at the end of the tourney