PDA

View Full Version : Contendership Match: Destroyer vs. Certain [Destroyer Wins]

BROKE LESNAR
09-16-2014, 08:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml0pEQLDgR8

Destroyer vs. Certain

Destroyer

Destroyer finds himself back in the title picture having already champed once before. After a controversial loss to Jilti that he should have won, he shook it off and came back strong against Blanco Bishop. The winner of that battle was due a Contender's a match so here we are. Destroyer is, imo, top-tier. When I left previously he was finding his way and trying to find himself as a textcee. Now that I've returned I've seen the battler he has become and he has made remarkable strides. His bars are condensed and impactful plus his creativity has never been better. This battle promises to deliver.

Certain

Speaking of top-tier, Certain is and has been one for years. Having come from an era of text battling so few of us were apart of and had the opportunity to witness, he is well-seasoned and undeniably gifted. Often thought of as a dick, I consider that to be a misconception. His voting breakdowns are an important aspect to text battling. They allow us to grow and not get complacent in our arrogance. He has a knack to humble the most egotistical of battlers and hold us all accountable for our shortcomings in writing. We need this constructive criticism and if we only allow ourselves to learn from it, we will be as exceptional as he has for so many years. Certain earned his Contendership match by going 3-0 and his momentum is at a high. I expect to see a more serious version of Certain, similar to the verse he dropped against ill nik-a in the recent BW ReBirth tourney. Which was damn good. He will make this a really strong contest.

Due Monday 12am PST

Certain
09-16-2014, 09:52 PM
THIS DUDE'S AN EMPTY-NESTER, VICTIM OF QUITE SOBERING FEARS.
BECAUSE DES' TINY CHILD DIED FASTER THAN FARRAH FRANKLIN'S SOLO CAREER.

Destroyer
09-16-2014, 10:22 PM
this nerd is weaker, while des packs a burnin heater
so when we go to the mattresses, I'll leave Serta perfect sleeper

BROKE LESNAR
09-17-2014, 05:40 AM
With Certain's bar, I'm having trouble with one specific aspect. The np. The np was connected to a personal, however the np was necessary to deliver the entire concept. The concept was creative and really clever, but when I see Des Tiny I dont see Destiny, other than the obvious Des' Tiny "read it and you'll see the word" connection. I'm not a big fan of those kinds of np's. Because Destiny and Des Tiny just doesn't work for me.

Destroyer's had a discrepancy that may not be as big a nuance as Certain's but still manage to trip me. The go to the mattresses bit, idk if that's cockney slang or what. I get the keeping the gun under the mattress part, so when you both go to the mattresses you'll..okay nvm I get it now. I liked the np, didn't have any hang ups.

Close battle, but I'm going with Des.

v-Destroyer

sral
09-17-2014, 06:38 AM
lmao i think Certain deliberatly tried to beat Des with a nameplay that would piss Des off. I remember them arguing recently about something used against Des.

Regardless, Cert's felt a little stretched to me here whereas Des was more polished in execution.

I got Destroyer winning.

Packed Graves
09-17-2014, 09:42 AM
Cert had a nice personal with the kid shot, but feel you could've executed the concept a helluva lot better. Des had a nice nameplay that i havent seen, which came off pretty strong.

Vote - Des

Kin
09-17-2014, 11:13 AM
Felt certs tiny destiny was.cool....wouldnt work outside of.a text flip...thought the set up fit.nice.....but damn....why such a harsh personal....

Des...wording was much smoother...think.the flip was nice....not as many connections tho...thought the set up was juz a filler to.rhyme wit...coulda tied it.into.the matress a lil better....

Gotta roll.wit creativity over wording on this...

Vote....Certz

MKG
09-17-2014, 11:18 AM
Yeah when I used a us c USC wordplay I got shit on cuz the word play hash to work both ways. Destiny and Des tiny doesn't work both ways so according to site standards this doesn't work.

Thought the mattress reference was soft tbh, I understand serta is a brand but it's not very hard hitting

Vote des for not missing

El Muffin
09-18-2014, 06:11 AM
I got des here

des tinny

n des TINY

nah

des brought it

v des

Kin
09-18-2014, 09:48 AM
depends if you pronounce it TI-Ne or Te-Ne.......in his defense

Kill Spree
09-19-2014, 08:19 AM
Certs personal shot was cool but didn't execute it well
Des bar was smoother with the fresh name play

Vote des

Camp Bell
09-23-2014, 12:39 PM
LMAOOOOO yoooo

i thought certain had something but it was slightly
stretched to me cuz of the nameplay, it dont work
then i read destroyers and was like..."welp" his punch
was very very well put together and the sting was much
harder than certains attempt. good battle here fellas.

vote: destroyer

Blanco Bishop
09-23-2014, 11:29 PM
Cert wasn't bad but des was dope as fuck this week.
That was a fresh ass np.

V des

Tomb
09-24-2014, 09:16 AM
Both were coo des just hit a lil harder

V/des