PDA

View Full Version : Round 2 Mag

Sharp
09-21-2014, 03:21 PM
Introduction

Wassup guys. Good shit from everyone last round, only 2 no shows. One of them was the top seed but there's still plenty of talent left in this tourney. Round 2 should be dope. Anyway, let's get started with this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oxWMzvS3YY

Reviews

Tic Tac vs pharaohsamy 52

Pharaoh came with a grindtime-esque verse that seemed to be more focused on the rhyme than anything else, as we’ve come to expect in newbie tourneys. Tic figured he could beat it with a key style and figured right, sweeping his opponent while saying ‘shit’ a lot.

Lotb: Tic Tac
You're no Ruler. I'll take dude out for Fun, no remorse, no crew or their help
Your idea of a good time is takin a Ruler out w/ ya boys......then start undoin ya belt

Plot vs. Timeless

Timeless went for a drunken key which didn’t go too well for him. It looked like he went for a narrative approach for some of it, which wasn’t too insulting but did read alright (appreciate the mention). Plot reacted with some clever bars that weren’t big but didn’t have to be.

Lotb: Plot
He aint pickin-up bitches he's just a DUMB FUCKIN KID, not flippin the motions,
We'll never see a dish maritime, when there's so many other fish in the ocean.

Jilti vs. Objective

Objective showed a lot of promise here that makes him seem like a potentially versatile writer. His verse was full of rhymes but made room for the disses, it was an enjoyable read. Jilti didn’t drop up to what he is capable of (probably figuring he didn’t need to) and it became a closer matchup than I was expecting. J’s verse was still stronger and took a sweep.

Lotb: jilti
ima 70/30 favorite to advance and take the dub
according to predictions from Sharp,Object wont make the cut

Windu Tuako vs. Profit
Something of an upset here tbh. Windu had strong concepts but Profit got him on wording. No real stingers from either one but Profit showed he can handle battles well.

Lotb: Profit
This fake fuck, I'm playin with a pussy like a vibrater
When it comes to his verses, nobody gets W like a tiebreaker!

Camp Bell vs. Touche Guerrero

Big upset of the tourney, Camp probably would’ve been one of the favorites coming in but Touche looks to be an alias that gets text. The two of them made for a close battle splitting the voters and most votes came down to what was considered a miss or played. Touche ended up taking it by 2 votes.

Lotb: Touche

When I walk in the door n' he sees me, you know camp is feelin doom...
Cos once I fire shots you'll see Bell hop n' carry my luggage to the room

Beans vs. Potatosacklegend
Cool battle, better than I was expecting from an alias. Both guys had potentially some good lines and a few weird ones. All in all it was pretty close, hopefully PSL sticks around because he made it a tight matchup. But beans managed to win with 2/3 of the votes.

Lotb: Potatosacklegend
ya girls tired of u fuckin her, she needs me to charge her. my sex is liver, dunny
poundin her ass out with my drum stick is all i need to energizer bunny

Sharp
09-21-2014, 03:29 PM
Interview with Malachi

Alright Sharp Nine aka Scott Baionett here with resident yung gawd and Newbie Tourney VI winner, Malachi. What's up bro?

Watching Capital Steez videos on youtube, tired as shitt

For those dudes that don't know you, what's your text experience?

Shit, I joined this text shit maybe like 3 years ago as a youngin, 12 or 13. Still probably younger than all the niggas in this tourney lol. Been in a few tournys , which most of em got eliminated round 1, but ive became way better as you can see I won last years Newbie Tourney with one of my best verses tbh and been elevating sincee. Havent been battling as of much since school started and been mainly focusing on writing rap in the purpose of spitting it, I post them in the Open Mic.

Nice nice, I remember you really did surprise cats during the last newb tourney - any tips for this year's competitors?

Shit you just cant come played, you might even have to do a lil reasearch if that nigga lowkey. Just come as creative as possible. What worked for me with making lines was working on the punches first before the set up making the punch as strong as possible and then making the set up match perfectly. Make the punch your main concern

Solid advice for any new head. What are your thoughts on the current state of netcees? Anything you'd like to see or would do differently?

I feel like its on the better sides of things, we have a good amount of league and tournies happening so thats always dope. This probably the best its been since 1.0 went downn tbh. Would I change anything battling wisee and the way shit is run? nahh there always could be more activity wit the amount of people that be in disc doe but I aint mad. The only problem is the new and old lames still in discussion . Its getting kind of tired.

Word, fuck those guys. I know you're into music, what've you been listening to lately?

I've been listening to Mick Jenkins, that Water[s] tape is some of the best shit I've heard all year. Always great to find a new artist. I love his song Martyrs and Jerome off the mixtape. Someone I've been on for awhile that still gets constant play is Joey Bada$$, thats my favorite rappers right now, 1999 is a masterpiece manee. Some oldschool shit ive been listening to all week is Redmans Muddy Waters too

Alright I'ma let you go but first, about this tourney - who do you think has the best shot at winning?

I think tic tac gots what it takes. Shout out to that faggot Bags my nigga. Peace.

Track of the Mag
-By Malachi-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmC2igVQdxc

So this is Big Dusty by Joey Bada$$. This is the first single from his upcoming debut album B4.DA.$$. Produced by Kirk Knight (a member of Pro Era like Joey) it has like an eerie feel to it. Shit sounds like it was meant only for some raw shit and thats what Joey delivered flowing nicely with that raspp in his voice. Verses with just on some raw brooklyn shit, His wordplay on some lines are ill. Like "Might put a Halloween between your spleen
Retreat or trickle down to your last pound of green, know what I mean?" The video just matches the feel of the song too. After hearing this i have high expectation for the debut

Predictions
-By Camp Bell-

"Ya text career is unfortunate, so far every battle you've had is for the takin...
Cos you've got enough unfortunate events in your verse to script a new Final Destination" -Touche

VS.

"Just a story-teller who's short of notions, so my subby will perforate this dork,
Put a sky-light in the back of his skull, that might help to illuminate his thoughts." -Plot.

Touche BARELY won over his opponent, camp, in what was the most exciting and closest called battle in the tourneys history. He has a style thats very suited for netcee, which translates into, hes a very formidable opponent. Plot brings witty wordplay and solid punches. This should be a very interesting battle.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________

"ima 70/30 favorite to advance and take the dub
according to predictions from Sharp,Object wont make the cut" -jilti.

VS

"You at raves with Muzzle tryna move E's but no ones heard of y'all
Think you dishin that work till I cut your service off!" -Profit.

Here we have one of the top battlers on the site right now, jilti, who swept past his first round opponent with ease. He brings fresh lines but
with an amateur flow. Profit, whom i haven't seen until the tourney started, should bring enough comp to make this more of a challenge as well as an interesting matchup for the favorite, jilti.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________

"Dog I Regulate Shit. Step to me & ya life's a goner, over
Word on the street is you Regulate Shit too...by eating probiotic yogurt" -TicTac

VS

"Your loss to Camp Bell helped his popularity, So your lack of abilities;
Boosted Bellevue's.. While it almost left you as a patient at that Facility." -Unfuckwitable.

Here lies what could be the next hottest battle in the tourney. Tic was seen as a favorite to win this, with his funny punches and clever content. He's being challenged by unfuckwitable, who has exceptional name/word plays that could give our friend, tic a bit of trouble. We shall see.

"Dude you'll never shine, I hit a bitch wit hot rights
So it's no problem for potato to roger good-L's... <---& thats ya only spot light!"-Beans.

VS

"Nice try pussy, prolly all happy typing up a no show verse at home
Till you really it's barely 9:38 in the pacific time zone" -MKG.

VS

"The useless summing up of cunning attacks is a bargaining tool for your nimrod friends to give foolishly schemed props.
Your lines are a stumbling attempt at crumbling deez admonishing drops of glowing literature; but, you'r flowing will flop." -TheMuzzl3.

Ok. i'm not sure how this debacle will play out, with two of the three getting by on no-shows. Beans has showed he can throw word plays with the rest of us. MKG, last battle verse was merely a mockery of his opponent, who all but no showed. Muzzl3...well...lets just say, i wouldnt be surprised if its him and jilti in the final, the way things move around these parts. Nonetheless, be in attendance for one of the most exciting and random matchups in this years, newb tourney. Good Luck to all those who advanced and....May The Odds Forever Be In Your Favor.

Outro

Shout out to Malachi and Camp Bell for contributing to the mag. Hopefully last round weeded out the noshowing type and the remaining 9 make this a dope few rounds. Good luck to everyone left and thanks for reading

Sharp
09-21-2014, 07:10 PM
MKG jilti Camp Bell Unfukwitable PotatoSackLegend Notebook pharaohsarmy52 Windu Tuako Witty Wonka Touche Guerrero Tic Tac RudeBoy theMuzzl3 Plot timeless Profit Objective Beans

Sharp
09-21-2014, 07:11 PM
MKG jilti Camp Bell Unfukwitable PotatoSackLegend Notebook pharaohsarmy52 Windu Tuako Witty Wonka Touche Guerrero Tic Tac RudeBoy theMuzzl3 Plot timeless Profit Objective Beans

Tic
09-21-2014, 07:24 PM
Dope mag. Thanks for doing this.

Red Soldier
09-21-2014, 07:26 PM
Props homie

Objective
09-21-2014, 08:38 PM
''You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Sharp Nine again.'' Man, fuck that shit, you deserve that +rep. Dope af mag Sharp!

Window Taco
09-21-2014, 08:39 PM
I got robbed. bottom line.

Good mag though.

jilti
09-21-2014, 08:49 PM
nice. thanks for the mentions

Ghost1
09-21-2014, 09:35 PM
I got robbed. bottom line.

Good mag though.

LOL

Spoken like a true coward.

PotatoSackLegend
09-21-2014, 09:59 PM
good shit on lotb

Kill Spree
09-21-2014, 10:05 PM
Dope mag

Clayray
09-21-2014, 10:47 PM
Lol @ Windu.

Don't get too invested.

Sharp Nine, good looks on the Mag. You always come 100%. Looking forward too the rest of them.

Window Taco
09-21-2014, 11:18 PM
Profit u assuming too much ;)Bags u just a joke LOL

Unfukwitable
09-23-2014, 09:14 PM
Good mag, I def appreciate it, bruh.

Ghost1
09-23-2014, 09:58 PM
Profit u assuming too much ;)Bags u just a joke LOL

Elaborate