PDA

View Full Version : Certain vs. Beans [Certain Wins]

BROKE LESNAR
10-01-2014, 05:20 AM
Rebuttal Option

▪both competitors must agree to it at time of check-in
▪format is A, B, B, A (A posts first, B drops next, B posts follow-up, A drops final bar)

Due Monday 12am PST

Certain
10-01-2014, 11:54 AM
THIS IS NO CONTEST. SEE, HE LOST FROM THE FIRST GO.
I'LL LEAVE BEANS BAGGED, BUT IT WON'T BE HIS FIRST TIME BEING TOSSED IN A CORNHOLE.

Kill Spree
10-01-2014, 02:54 PM
It's not in ya veins to drop crack & that's why u gay
There's nothing dope insert, but hope he dies that way

El Muffin
10-01-2014, 03:18 PM
Certain u lucky I googled bean bags/cornhole

At first I was lile ok hes baggin beans

Then the tossed in the cornhole part had me Like wtf?

Beans was aight..kind or primitive but its ight

Enter google

Apparently theres a game called tailgate where u toss bean bags in some device with a hole at the end.(called cornhole)

The reference vague as fuck but I did the legwork 4 ya

V certain

Packed Graves
10-01-2014, 07:29 PM
lulz at the corn hole shit was clever I liked it, my family use to play that.
beans your bar wasn't bad I liked the concept but your follow through was bad.

Vote cert

FGR
10-01-2014, 10:35 PM
v/certain punch was ok. i would of gave it to beans with a better setup/wording..if worded different i think it would have hit harder

Wordz AhGod
10-01-2014, 10:40 PM
I liked the insert np but I think beans didn't do much with the actual punch.. setup and execution needed work to tie in. Certains had some wording issues that I wasn't feeling but he put more into the concept and it worked well for me.

v/Certain

BROKE LESNAR
10-02-2014, 08:56 PM
Beans had a bar that when I first read it earlier the np went right over my head (im sick). After reading it again I thought it was a pretty decent flip on a drug concept and the np fit perfectly into it. Against a different bar I would say this would of been a win, but Certain had a np and reference that I'm intimately familiar with, so it hit hard and brought me in from the get go.

v-Certain

Kin
10-02-2014, 10:11 PM
Cert...get wha u did..thought it was a lil "corny" as far as how it was worded...but creative

Beans...this had alotta potential ..u made it to be dope in cert... but.if.u usin.the word insert...shoulda flipped it so it was relating to a more direct wording of inserting somethin dope in him...I dunno real nice concept...juz.not.connectin

Vote... Certain for Certain

Blanco Bishop
10-04-2014, 10:22 PM
Bean...u have the potential to be nice bro. Just spend a little more time connecting your wp tio your concept.

Cert got this tho..

Good concept.

V cert

Camp Bell
10-04-2014, 11:41 PM
read this battle 3 times and sheesh..

i actually liked both. certain had a funny bean bag/cornhole nameplay
which i think is fresh but then i get to beans and...he takes the nameplay
route as well but his was unique due to the fact, it didnt hit me til later..
which i think makes it that much better.

vote: beans.

theMuzzl3
10-05-2014, 10:57 PM
THIS IS NO CONTEST. SEE, HE LOST FROM THE FIRST GO.
I'LL LEAVE BEANS BAGGED, BUT IT WON'T BE HIS FIRST TIME BEING TOSSED IN A CORNHOLE.

Nailed it. Could lose the caps but I know that means you're shouting. Someone dock/clowned me in the past for saying ",see" at the end of a line to make it rhyme… so I thought hmm… then after reading the whole thing. I loved the reference to bagging beans, and cornhole.

I feel this battle may have been one that matched up a great Netcee vs. a new up & coming guy. You could've done better, but you tossed this out quickly. Instead of "Overall", I'll say: all together, scored it 8/10.

It's not in ya veins to drop crack & that's why u gay
There's nothing dope insert, but hope he dies that way

I get the 1st line & it was okay. The second line was okay too. nothing fancy or special about it. After reading it multiple times, i liked it more Scored you a 6/10

My best advice to you is talk to Sharp Nine about punchlines, and study past posts on this forum. One dude gave me the best advice, which write your verse, then read it backwards and make sure it still rhymes and flows.

I think the A,B,B,A format gets unused a lot… which is good, writers should have freedom of what to write… given its 2 lines.

/v Certain

PS:

shoulda flipped it so it was relating to a more direct wording of inserting somethin dope in him..

I believe the term is "plug" or "plugged"... lol