Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   I know AWOL loves NC and all but... (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=152343)

symetrik 02-12-2024 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sral (Post 839071)
Do you believe you write verses that could be rapped to a beat?

abso-fucking-lutely

Regulator 02-12-2024 07:28 PM

If you have a league based on hip hop aspects who is going to decide if it’s hip hop or not seems like a very subjective thing

Master Rock 02-12-2024 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sral (Post 839071)
Do you believe you write verses that could be rapped to a beat?

You know every single one of my verses can be spat on a beat.

Cereal 02-12-2024 09:54 PM

spekt

sral 02-13-2024 04:26 AM

Mine can also, I just didn’t get that vibe with Objective and Cereal which made me wonder why them preferring a hip hop based writing outlet was a priority.

Objective 02-13-2024 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sral (Post 839090)
Mine can also, I just didn’t get that vibe with Objective and Cereal which made me wonder why them preferring a hip hop based writing outlet was a priority.

To add on to what I've already said:

A common feed that occurs when I post elsewhere:
"Do you rap or write lyrics? It has that element to it." Even when I don't write with a beat signature in mind which you're right about. I don't do that often anymore. I like to break rules and create transitions that wouldn't work well on a beat, I don't see the point in limiting myself too much in terms of storytelling unless I'm going to record it as well. That's me personally tho. I also don't particularly like getting "+ points" or "refreshing read" just because it's different than what they're used to, detracts from what I'm looking for in feedback and critique.

"I don't understand the slang but after a Google search I got it." Which kinda detracts from the reading experience, or if I use references I got to be wary of what would easily be understood by hiphop heads but not so much elsewhere.

Just shit like that, mainly. Also the fact people are way more critical in terms of use of vowels and consonants, when to use them and so on. Language preferred being "poetic" or "beautiful" more often than not. A lot miss out on rhyme schemes beyond internals as well. I like the rawness of language without having to worry about which word is easier to say in succession of another and how your mouth/tongue is positioned when saying the next word so it "floats better".

The "Do's" and "Don't's" are different but both has its place, ya know?

Cereal 02-14-2024 05:57 PM

i like the pulse when read that you get from hip hop not poetry i finished poetry class got published n that but im retired for the love of hip hop with a whole album in the works n ep..

i got the albums paid beats and working with n mc selecting the free beats for the ep of his when he makes some for us

Cereal 02-14-2024 05:58 PM

i made something like 4 albums so far

they up to 3k plays on the radio and 200 d/l

Cereal 02-14-2024 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Objective (Post 839094)
To add on to what I've already said:

A common feed that occurs when I post elsewhere:
"Do you rap or write lyrics? It has that element to it." Even when I don't write with a beat signature in mind which you're right about. I don't do that often anymore. I like to break rules and create transitions that wouldn't work well on a beat, I don't see the point in limiting myself too much in terms of storytelling unless I'm going to record it as well. That's me personally tho. I also don't particularly like getting "+ points" or "refreshing read" just because it's different than what they're used to, detracts from what I'm looking for in feedback and critique.

"I don't understand the slang but after a Google search I got it." Which kinda detracts from the reading experience, or if I use references I got to be wary of what would easily be understood by hiphop heads but not so much elsewhere.

Just shit like that, mainly. Also the fact people are way more critical in terms of use of vowels and consonants, when to use them and so on. Language preferred being "poetic" or "beautiful" more often than not. A lot miss out on rhyme schemes beyond internals as well. I like the rawness of language without having to worry about which word is easier to say in succession of another and how your mouth/tongue is positioned when saying the next word so it "floats better".

The "Do's" and "Don't's" are different but both has its place, ya know?

poetry kids are more anal like that but, they kinda have room to be like that they twice as pretty as us hip hop kids that look and work looks a hot mess from the streets

sral 02-15-2024 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cereal (Post 839124)
i made something like 4 albums so far

they up to 3k plays on the radio and 200 d/l

link me to these albums please

Mike Wrecka 02-15-2024 01:06 PM

I’m currently trying to get some of my writing published in literary magazines. Rhyming is very frowned upon in the poetry world but imo that’s because they can’t do it anywhere near the complexity level that we’ve reached. That being said I’m also submitting non rhyming stuff, my favorite of which is micro fiction, which is usually 50 words or less. I can crank those out quick. There’s publications that do monthly topics on those

Objective 02-15-2024 03:05 PM

@Cereal - Haha, for sure. I do love that vibe, style of writing and stuff too when done really well, though. It's just that I never really feel at home with it, the atmosphere or whatever. Can't really put my finger on exactly what it is. If that makes sense?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Wrecka (Post 839139)
Rhyming is very frowned upon in the poetry world but imo that’s because they can’t do it anywhere near the complexity level that we’ve reached.

I feel like it has its place but a lot of the hate towards it comes of to me as projection because a vast majority just can't do it beyond single syllabic rhyming, or willing to put in the work to learn, so free form is more accepted and understood. A lot of readers don't pick up on it either. But those that read and/or write sonnets and strict form poetry and excel at it is on "Whoa!" levels of good. And I do agree that the level reached here is next level stuff not picked up by the writing world yet, but I have no doubt it will be eventually.

People can't really hate on it too much either cus too many of the greats are amazing. The storytelling and depth in The Raven is an example and personal fav of mine I bring forth when people are set on free form poetry as the one and only form that doesn't come off as "childish".

Micro novels sound interesting though, never thought about that being a thing. You still writing children books and stuff tho? If so, how's that coming along?

sral 02-15-2024 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Wrecka (Post 839139)
Rhyming is very frowned upon in the poetry world

lmao never expected to read this post tbh

Cereal 02-15-2024 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sral (Post 839129)
link me to these albums please

https://soundcloud.com/aaron-batty-951093780

https://www.youtube.com/@aaronbatty7605

https://archive.org/details/joint-cu...ania-to-london
https://archive.org/details/17-jonny...of-immortality

~RustyGunZ~ 02-15-2024 07:23 PM

Seems like this idea is really growing legs can’t wait to see how it’s progressing in 2026

Objective 02-16-2024 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sral (Post 839141)
lmao never expected to read this post tbh

Most common feedback from this world is "childish" and "detracts from the overall message". My brain: "Huh, what... How? You trash af bruh but fair enough, you do you"

symetrik 02-22-2024 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~RustyGunZ~ (Post 839143)
Seems like this idea is really growing legs can’t wait to see how it’s progressing in 2026

bro relax I do two jobs and just got back from Japan :sob: I KNOW I WANT IT TOO