Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Pic Thread. (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=124559)

Diode 09-05-2016 08:07 PM

Pic Thread.

Go.

~RustyGunZ~ 09-05-2016 08:16 PM

Of what bro

Inno 09-05-2016 08:20 PM

Bro, what of?

Ghost1 09-05-2016 08:47 PM

It is customary of op to start the thread off w one of their own........is it not?

Diode 09-05-2016 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bags (Post 601477)
It is customary of op to start the thread off w one of their own........is it not?

Changing the game.

Vulgar 09-05-2016 09:18 PM

https://67.media.tumblr.com/6ae81bab...jcgao1_500.jpg

Diode 09-05-2016 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulgar (Post 601481)

Good start.

I hope he didn't break his back doing that.

Hope it wasn't spinal.

Fart 09-06-2016 12:56 AM

http://i66.tinypic.com/28jcu2u.png

~RustyGunZ~ 09-06-2016 09:02 PM

http://i.imgur.com/tSuEgSD.jpg

Todays work

Low poly male base for my personal project, will also translate into a humanoid race base in team project at a higher poly edit in zbrush

uh-oh 09-06-2016 09:21 PM

yo knuck i got unity and was gonna GO IN awhile ago. but it was way over my head.

i wish they made a standard 3D type rpg maker thing. with just templates to choose from and shit.

because i can make textures and shit to swap out default stuff. but actually using 3D blocks and shit was like wtf why is the sun under the GROUND why can't i rotate anything arghghg

too steep of a learning curve for my hobbyist mind

Mr. J 09-06-2016 10:19 PM

I think you mean Minecraft

~RustyGunZ~ 09-06-2016 10:22 PM

I've been doing digital art as a hobby since I was 12, its a bit to learn
@uh-oh

Unity my brother from another mother/co game creator learned in like 4 months using the ORK rpg kit asset. Lots of paid tools with unity and some free. I know all that but since he doesn't know modeling I've switched to modeling full time and just helping with tough coding for our project. Just gotta want to learn it and deal with the annoying and confusing times

uh-oh 09-07-2016 06:23 AM

word, i figured if i messed with it enough i'd get it down like i did with music production programs. my problem though is i'm trying to be way too ambitious and create something thats super huge and dope right off the bat. in reality i should just make nonsense little levels here and there to get down the basics

i ended up deleting it though and coming to the realization that i like playing video games more than trying to make them lol

i'm waiting on LIFE OF ROME or whatever its called on steam now. it was basically what i wanted to make, minus the whole MMO thing. just a giant detailed game back in rome

~RustyGunZ~ 09-07-2016 07:49 AM

Word were working on a small scale celtic/fantasy rpg that's centered around being a villager in a world of heroes and adventure and just living life in a small region and trading/farming/livestock/mining etc. Like fable/skyrim if you weren't the dragonborn and no one really noticed your existence

My small project is a story and choice driven year spanning game set in a modern town with low poly art stylized shizz

Its as much fun as playing if not more once you k,ow what you're doing

sral 09-07-2016 08:18 AM

am i being stupid here, or is the reason fable/skyrim worked because people immediately noticed you and you could interact?

starting a game where noone notices your existence and you're generally ignored at the start doesnt sound like a great basis for a game

wont ppl be bored as fuck before the game gets the chance to become interesting?

lol

~RustyGunZ~ 09-07-2016 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sraL (Post 601801)
am i being stupid here, or is the reason fable/skyrim worked because people immediately noticed you and you could interact?

starting a game where noone notices your existence and you're generally ignored at the start doesnt sound like a great basis for a game

wont ppl be bored as fuck before the game gets the chance to become interesting?

lol

There are tons of mods that are super popular because they took our dragons/main quest/mention of dragonborn and made you just a dude and you made your fate

Basically were making a life sim in a fantasy universe with light combat mostly for hunting and special boss battles

Instead of travelling the world killing giant beast and learning 30 forms of magic you stay in your general region and affect the economy/politics through little story lines that aren't just collect 4 rat skulls

A lot of focus on trade and economy as well as shifts in power to different parts of the region

Ghost1 09-07-2016 08:38 AM

that sounds awful to me. but then I cant get into games these days.

that graphic/model youre working on is fire tho I dig that shit and think its legit impressive.

sral 09-07-2016 09:13 AM

yeah i mean that shit look dope

but the game sounds like you're basically roleplaying as a year in the life of Dia, being ignored by your peers, left to wander the garden of moms house and occasionally being fed scraps from time to time

gimme giant monsters to kill and 30 forms of magic over that garbo anyway tbh

~RustyGunZ~ 09-07-2016 09:43 AM

Not really catering to a mass market. More of an indie thong that's out of the norm

You're getting the 2 projects mixed up though, just my side project is a years time and is completely different

Main one is inspired ck2 on the ground level with mass effect style choice system that affects the land. Not in any way supposed to be an action rpg. Definitely not for mainstream gamers that only want hack and slash madness with over the top stuff. Not our vision atm.

Ghost1 09-07-2016 10:09 AM

lol dead at dia slayer 9