Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   preseason football is upon us (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=86678)

uh-oh 08-03-2014 08:41 AM

preseason football is upon us

this is one of my favorite times of the year. i get to watch my entire roster see live action.

what are the storylines for your teams?

ravens

we get to see the o-line get some real reps, and see who is gonna step up at right tackle, as well as if the center we got is as good as he's looked in practice

we get to see the running backs, pierce is a known goon, but the rookie talifarro can see some good reps

get to see the wide receivers and see who's gonna make the cut. steve smith, torrey smith, jacoby jones and marlon brown seem like locks, but they will keep at least 1 more guy, and the competition is deep. its amazing how much difference a year makes

defensively get to see the butkus award winner back there, as well as last years second round pick to see who will start beside darryl smith.

the revamped d-line, minus the giant white dude we drafted who tore his acl.

the safety competition im hyped for, elam is probably a lock at SS but FS is wide open between darian stewart and the kid we got from florida state

and the corner competition should be healthy as well, behind webby and jimmy smith

HYPE

i'm also interested in some non ravens storylines

particularly manziel, and him failing terribly

HYPE

ill nik-A 08-03-2014 10:50 AM

If Tannehill gets some blocking... Prepare

Diode 08-03-2014 11:03 AM

i don't have much hope for the panthers given they have no receivers and one of the best defensive players in the league will be out for awhile after puliing a ray rice

theyll still be better than the cowboys tho

and i dont have to pay for sunday ticket to watch them

so theres that

Adonis 08-03-2014 11:28 AM

Raiders story line is interesting

No matter what we do were a lock for last in our division

I do love what here from Mack though, and my sio Moore is a beast.

Don't like schaub but he's or best shot to at least win a game or two. Interested to see what derrick car can do in preseason, though I hope he gets side first string reps though.

We are actually really deep and young at wide receiver to. Them boys good

Strikta 08-03-2014 11:36 AM

I'm looking forward to seeing how our oline stacks up.

Trying to see what Amerson looking like at corner in year 2.. also, trying to see Rambo's progression in year 2.

Jerry Rice Jr. battling to make a spot at receiver shall be interesting as well.

But all in all I just want everyone to get the reps they need so coach can put together the best mob on Sundays. Praying nobody gets injured as well.

Oh yeah.... hoping the Pats ain't on no cheatin shit.. we're sharing camp w/ em for a bit.. play em on Thursday.

Certain 08-03-2014 11:38 AM

The Bengals' season in one sentence: Andy Dalton will continue to find new ways to bring down one of the five most talented rosters in the NFL.

King Ra. 08-03-2014 11:42 AM

@Diode Kelvin Benjamin will be a beast.

I want to see how all the rookies do. A lot of them look like they will be stars in this league.

DLB 08-03-2014 12:37 PM

colts - playoffs and more.

luck gon have one of the best seasons for QBs this yr

Adonis 08-03-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLB (Post 375565)
colts - playoffs and more.

luck gon have one of the best seasons for QBs this yr

He kinda needs a run game for that too happen

Obviously getting the wiley ol' vet back at WR helps, but dude is gotta be over thirty right? Brazil is gone and he looked good last year. Nicks is also in the downside of his career, so not only does he need RB's to step up, but he needs WR to as well.

Half Wit It 08-03-2014 01:35 PM

Jaguars and Niners.
SF is clearly stacked. Should be headed right back to Conference Championship.
Hope Blake Bortles and receiving core can turn Jaguars into an explosive offense.

Adonis 08-03-2014 01:59 PM

Niners have lost 7 people, three for the year, in 4 days. Some of these guys were going to be integral pieces.

Jaguars aren't good, sorry. Bortles is not a god send, even p. Manning struggled rookie year. They have a less than average receiving core for sure. Have an unknown at rb and defensively aren't going to win games.

wolfdick 08-03-2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Certain (Post 375507)
The Bengals' season in one sentence: Andy Dalton will continue to find new ways to bring down one of the five most talented rosters in the NFL.

depending on the offensive coordinators use of him possibly. if he doesn't throw, he doesn't lose. Run game will be beastly with Jeremy hill an gio back there, I also hear sanu may throw a few more this year

uh-oh 08-03-2014 07:51 PM

any of you gonna watch the hall of fame game?

i can see the stadium/hall of fame from my window

but instead of being there watching two terrible new york teams i am high as fuck eating pizza rolls in a beater

Meth 08-03-2014 07:59 PM

I would but I'm working

Half Wit It 08-03-2014 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uh-oh (Post 375786)

but instead of being there watching two terrible new york teams i am high as fuck eating pizza rolls in a beater

Good game so far. And I usually hate the HOF game.
Maybe I just miss football.

Diode 08-03-2014 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uh-oh (Post 375786)

miss the first quarter and a half

nassib looked a lot better than last year

giants will prob need him when eli gets his soul intercepted by the entire nfl

Certain 08-03-2014 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diode (Post 375852)
miss the first quarter and a half

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/08/eli-...-nfl-preseason

Diode 08-03-2014 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Certain (Post 375889)

yes.

so good.

delicious.

even with a west coast passing scheme he still manages to turn the ball over.

DLB 08-04-2014 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adonis (Post 375573)
He kinda needs a run game for that too happen

Obviously getting the wiley ol' vet back at WR helps, but dude is gotta be over thirty right? Brazil is gone and he looked good last year. Nicks is also in the downside of his career, so not only does he need RB's to step up, but he needs WR to as well.

like TY and Darick Rogers don't exist.

TY and Darick were downfield gods when we needed it. plus, if we got our two TE game of Fleener/Allen in full effect, we don't really need an RB. we been running offense without a sufficient RB since forever.(i.e Peyton Manning and two yard per gain aka Hoeseph Addai)

jilti 08-04-2014 02:30 AM

Pittsburgh Steelers all day, every day!!!!!!