Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   i've been doing beats for 10 years (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=124543)

uh-oh 09-04-2016 03:46 AM

i've been doing beats for 10 years

WTF

this realization hit me. couldn't sleep so i decided to up a bunch of old beats. other than the first few these are all on my tapes but i put em in one playlist. basically just an assortment of my favorite beats from over the years.

https://soundcloud.com/jameshalton/sets/past-10-years

granted i didnt make much i liked till 08, but i was still toiling away in 06 learning FL studio and sound forge on sacred society and projectrhyme. crazy shit.

this has all amounted to nothing of course. but it's fun

veritas 09-04-2016 10:59 AM

Stop wasting your life. This is neat.

2tripple0 09-04-2016 11:54 AM

Werd gonna check this soon. Good shit @uh-oh

Certain 09-04-2016 12:36 PM

What's the oldest beat on this list?

uh-oh 09-04-2016 12:53 PM

believe in me, or blame the ganja. both were from around 2008. exact dates unknown.

zoned out and get it are pretty old too. they could be 2008-2010 who knows now lol.

Aero 09-04-2016 01:31 PM

I'll purchase some if they're good.

Pakistani Hand Cannon 09-08-2016 07:57 PM

whats the best beat you ever done? most proud of wdeva

link to that shit

Greed 09-08-2016 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rugged (Post 602206)
whats the best beat you ever done? most proud of wdeva

link to that shit

Solid question

Finnydot 09-08-2016 08:34 PM

Imma check this tonight

2tripple0 10-15-2016 12:25 PM

wow this is actually really good....... im impressed......took a while to check it sorry about that you got some talent bro though for real this is some of the best shit ive heard in a while thats all i can really say.. yeah i just wonder really what your thought process is when you attack this....really interested in beats would love to hear if you got any tips er watever... youve definitely already settled a lot of shit the only thing and i hate to pull something from this cause its nice....so i just wonder do you go track by track how long do you keep yoru tracks? and what do you do to the beat in the back? where does the beat fit in basically and how did you create it and modify it as well....

im on the third or fourth track and now i wonder if this is some sampled it does have some vocal on it which is nice i wonder if this was ripped you got some hot shit i enjoy dudes who bring things to the audio worlds table.... do you have tables? do you use them in any case? i love em i think theyre probably the dopest part of hip hop.... anyways good drop holmes thanks for letting me peep..... btw im following you now on that shit.....

Tha Pastor Reach Yeah 10-15-2016 12:59 PM

Thought this was gonna be an introverted self-deprecating retirement announcement. But its not so well done on the decade of productivity and here's to the next one!

Kin 10-15-2016 01:01 PM

So u were on Sacred Society....

13adLuck , cruel blood... Lefty...Snuff da Monsta..Fam Nice...... all them ringin bells..

Good dayz of hip hop Boards

2tripple0 10-15-2016 01:31 PM

Yo that video u posted @Kin was nice,.. hopefully u got more in u... i would love to post vids duckin how does youtube work what do u use for camera?? Ive done vids in he past but it was a hell of a lotta work it was like do this do that kinda moments anyways...

uh-oh 10-15-2016 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kin (Post 608276)
So u were on Sacred Society....

13adLuck , cruel blood... Lefty...Snuff da Monsta..Fam Nice...... all them ringin bells..

Good dayz of hip hop Boards

word thats how i linked up with luck, cruelblood and lefty are familiar names, i think snuff was well gone by the time i got there, if i remember right he was like "mudfoot" is here. if i even got that name right. some dude well ahead of his time who was crazy with it years ago.

but yea fam nice is the homie too. if it wasn't for him i would've never figured out making beats. he put me on.

but word thanks reach

@2triple0

yea these are all sampled, i cant play keys for the life of me. just simple basses here and there, most of which are more drum oriented, like booming 808's are easier to place and pitch then playing a bass sound across keys to me. i hear it in my head, but finding the right keys to bring the sound from my head to the keys is impossible to my weed tarnished chemical breathing bodyman brain.

so i just learned ways to achieve it through programs and shit, filtering, chopping arranging etc. but word thanks man.

i was about to say this is a weird coincidence that this was upped, since i was just listening to this playlist while i'm cooking. but then i realized i'm listening to it because i got a notification saying someone liked it on soundcloud lol.

i need to start making shit again. i've just been so busy working and i moved so on the weekends im shopping filling this place up etc. ima get back on it soon.

2tripple0 10-15-2016 02:57 PM

thats cool mate.... i like making beats it is fun.... but its also fun to like spin records on a 45 and just sit back and listen to some shit while you write something you know what i mean.... but in terms of beats anyways i feel like its hard to put in a lot of effort after you work on a beat that was just mechanically kind of discovered.... i dont know maybe i should stick to my own shit but its just like im never making any improvements... i remember like couple years ago i used to think about shit like a lot more and like made so much more effort into every moment.... idk maybe thats because i was living with my mom and dad at the time so like they could converse with me and like have a proper conversation to break down... but i dont know... now that im living on my own its like im always by myself... my mommas sister says its not bad that is being just on your own.... she says you gotta make the most but you know how my mommas sister is she either give u everything er nuthing...so its confusing ya know what i mean....

anyways this has to do with beats because in all honesty im quite aquitted to your ability to make beats for as long as you have... i have just really invested my time... and not enough of it on actual beat making... but i think im on the right road and i want to continue so thats positive even if some of the results came out kind of not like good enough for publishing er watever...