Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   AOWL Season 3 Archive (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Week 6 chat and predictions (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=62542)

Certain 03-31-2014 03:21 AM

Week 6 chat and predictions

First, I want to congratulate oats on his victory and claiming the first championship of the season. I feel assured in saying Frank and Vividlyvague will have future chances if they stick around, and that battle as a whole was outstanding and well worth the title-match tag.

Hopefully not having a three-way title match will improve voting a bit in that one, and I am looking forward to this next showcase. Week 6's theme is philosopher quotes. Here are your matchups:

Championship: oats (5-0) vs. zygote (4-1) | “Conquer yourself rather than the world.” — René Descartes
Contender match: Adonis (3-2) vs. timeless (3-2) | “The purpose of all wars is peace.” — Saint Augustine
El Pancake (2-1) vs. Frank (4-1) | “The corruption of the best things gives way to the worst.” — David Hume
Just Write (3-1) vs. YDK (3-2) | “The only antidote to mental suffering is physical pain.” — Karl Marx
Mike Wrecka (2-3) vs. King Ra. (2-3) | “Life can only be understood backwards.” — Søren Kierkegaard
Mr. J (1-2) vs. Totoro (0-3) | “Happiness is not an ideal of reason but of imagination.” — Immanuel Kant

Of note, Mr. J can get credit for his no-show win by voting on two extra battles this week. (If there are not five battles to vote on, we'll come up with some other form of earning back the win if you'd like.)

And yes, Frank and El Pancake are facing off in a Season 2 final rematch. That's not because I wanted to see that match but rather because El Pancake was the lowest-ranked Week 5 winner while Frank was the highest-rank Week 5 loser.

Our league is small but mighty. Every single person in it can beat anyone else if the topic and day are right. Let's do it.

Certain 03-31-2014 03:38 AM

@oats is going to regret that little shot at Australia when zygote hits him with that Pearl Harbor verse in two hours.

Also, @Adonis, check your messages.

oats 03-31-2014 03:53 AM

I like australians, we tend to get along. @Vividlyvague @Frank good match, hopefully we can go at it again 1v1.

Certain 03-31-2014 04:09 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5X4N2exOsU

Mr. J 03-31-2014 04:15 AM

For the record I voted on ZYG and Mikes battles bruh

Certain 03-31-2014 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. J (Post 310688)
For the record I voted on ZYG and Mikes battles bruh

Oh, OK then just one more to flip it.

Witty 03-31-2014 08:28 AM

“The purpose of all wars is peace.” — Saint Augustine

Awesome topic.

Looking forward to that battle and pretty much every battle also, oats and Zyg is gonna destroy the internet, Frank and Pancake will melt the very fabric of spacetime, and I think Just Write vs YDK is gonna be a standout battle too, they have a topic which practically demands a piece laden with emotion, add in the fact that both have proven they can write that sort of piece in the past and it should be a pretty awesome battle if they both write as well as we know they can.

Looks like it could be a very solid week.

Frank 03-31-2014 09:50 AM

Why not leave the championship open another 24 hours so it could get some votes?

Horrible call ref

Wise Wiggles 03-31-2014 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Witty (Post 310732)
“The purpose of all wars is peace.” — Saint Augustine

Awesome topic.

Looking forward to that battle and pretty much every battle also, oats and Zyg is gonna destroy the internet, Frank and Pancake will melt the very fabric of spacetime, and I think Just Write vs YDK is gonna be a standout battle too, they have a topic which practically demands a piece laden with emotion, add in the fact that both have proven they can write that sort of piece in the past and it should be a pretty awesome battle if they both write as well as we know they can.

Looks like it could be a very solid week.

Shut the fuck up you fucking nincumpoop.

Just Write 03-31-2014 11:00 AM

@Certain, did you hide the awol thread from sicc? Ahaha too funny

Mr. J 03-31-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Certain (Post 310695)
Oh, OK then just one more to flip it.

You want one another league

Adonis 03-31-2014 11:55 AM

Championship: oats (5-0) vs. zygote (4-1) | “Conquer

Mmmm. Fun read. I will take oats in very close in voting match. Hes been consistently dope,yet still outside the box.

Contender match: Adonis (3-2) vs. timeless (3-2) | “The purpose of all wars is peace.” — Saint Augustine

Timeless asked me to tell everyone not to vote for him this week.

El Pancake (2-1) vs. Frank (4-1) | “The corruption of the best things gives way to the worst.” — David Hume

Dopeness. I read Franks vote on cakes battle last week. A fire might yet be lit. BOTW, grudge match, spiteful. Cake narrowly.

Just Write (3-1) vs. YDK (3-2) | “The only antidote to mental suffering is physical pain.” — Karl Marx

YDK continues to grow in strength. But jdub is forever a tough win, I Got J.

Mike Wrecka (2-3) vs. King Ra. (2-3) | “Life can only be understood backwards.” — Søren Kierkegaard

Such a sick topic. Mike will drop his usual short story, King will drop some philosophical novel. Voters will decide off which they most like. I got king.

Mr. J (0-3) vs. Totoro (0-3) | “Happiness is not an ideal of reason but of imagination.” — Immanuel Kant

The fact that you two are winless in week 4 is a testament of the talent about. I got nyc

Just Write 03-31-2014 12:15 PM

Championship: oats (5-0) vs. zygote (4-1) |

This will be a great matchup but oats is pretty much unstoppable right now so im edging it twardshim

Conteder match: Aonis (3-2) vs. timeless (3-2) |

Another botw potential, timeless is becoming one of my favorites to read but adonis is adonis. So yea

El Pancake (2-1) vs. Frank (4-1) |

This will be a dope matchup. But I predict cake to drop fire and frank to try to send another pic of his verse right at deadline claiming to need to type it up and certain dq'ing him. Smh

Just Write (3-1) vs. YDK (3-2) |

Good luck

Mike Wrecka (2-3) vs. King Ra. (2-3) |

If they both show up this will be a phenomenal match. Ra is known to drop heat at times but mw is always consistent so im goin with mw

Mr. J (0-3) vs. Totoro (0-3) |

I am shocked that both of these guys are 0-3 mr j hasnt been to active so im goin with nyc just because he's more likely to show up

Certain 03-31-2014 12:38 PM

https://twitter.com/chancetherapper/...73194119094272

Certain 03-31-2014 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. J (Post 310799)
You want one another league

Just vote on four this week if you can. Or, since there are so few battles this week, I'll let you give decent feedback to two no-show verses from this season.

Here are a couple options:

Pinot Grij's "Alex Trebek"
Vulgar's "Uprising of the Downtrodden"
YDK's "half the man i use to be"
Totoro's "A Samurai Tale Pt.1 (ROOT CHAKRA)"

oats 03-31-2014 01:48 PM

Adonis has been on fire lately. Interesting style matchup though. Timeless will out rhyme Adonis so if he can hang conceptually it'll be a toss up.

He might want it more, now that the fires of adversity are stoked.

I think the time off will refocus his effort, whereas ydk might be a little burned out. Good topic for Kuhn though so we'll see.

Ra has been narrowly losing to the best so far, think he'll pull it off this week.

Mr. J (0-3) vs. Totoro (0-3) | “Happiness is not an ideal of reason but of imagination.” — Immanuel Kant

If he shows, he'll win. J seems busy, but hopefully he comes correct, BOTW material.

PancakeBrah 03-31-2014 01:49 PM

Listening to gkmc for the first time in awhile.

Its still good.

Just Write 03-31-2014 02:36 PM

Is it morally wrong to write about a family member and their problems?

Witty 03-31-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Le Wise Ways (Post 310782)
Shut the fuck up you fucking nincumpoop.

Wise y u hurt me so bad?

:'(

Adonis 03-31-2014 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Write (Post 310881)
Is it morally wrong to write about a family member and their problems?

Fuck no, much like semen, inspiration comes from all angles

I got robbed a few years back. My verse was the conversation of the thieves inside my house.