Netcees

Netcees (http://netcees.org/index.php)
-   Discussion Board (http://netcees.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   uh-oh: climate change is not a threat to humans, we have feet (http://netcees.org/showthread.php?t=141275)

boof 01-05-2020 09:54 PM

uh-oh: climate change is not a threat to humans, we have feet

scientists: The bushfires in Australia are now so big that they are generating their own weather, in the form of giant thunderstorms that start more fires, according to the Bureau of Meteorology in Victoria.

Scientists worry that "pyroCbs" are on the rise around the world, driven by warmer temperatures and more intense fires

Australia's bushfires are so bad authorities have to abandon large areas, warning thousands that they could be trapped in the blaze's path

28 photos show the reality for firefighters and residents battling hundreds of deadly Australian bushfires that are raining ash onto major cities and destroying homes

Doctors warn people may die as public health impact from Australian fire pollution

Zuo 01-05-2020 10:24 PM

You know I’ve been thinking a lot lately and I might have to switch sides in light of recent events

Blue Bayou 01-05-2020 11:30 PM

My heart breaks for this nation, it's people and its helpless wildlife

uh-oh 01-05-2020 11:39 PM

if the entire continent of steve irwins homeland was on fire, completely, and every human being, plant and animal on it perished, it wouldn't be a threat to the human species.

you seem to be missing my entire point, i've never once denied climate change or tried to paint it as nothing. i'm simply pointing out it isn't the apocalypse, the human species isn't in danger.

Blue Bayou 01-05-2020 11:48 PM

These videos are something else man...I'm literally sick to my stomach for these people and animals

The video of thousands of animals all dead along the fence line trying to escape is really fucking me up

@Dominate are you good? What input can you provide?

Zuo 01-05-2020 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Bayou (Post 751908)
These videos are something else man...I'm literally sick to my stomach for these people and animals

The video of thousands of animals all dead along the fence line trying to escape is really fucking me up

A koala boar used his laptop as a shield against the fires so uh yeah he won’t be answering anytime soon

boof 01-06-2020 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uh-oh (Post 751907)
if the entire continent of steve irwins homeland was on fire, completely, and every human being, plant and animal on it perished, it wouldn't be a threat to the human species.

you seem to be missing my entire point, i've never once denied climate change or tried to paint it as nothing. i'm simply pointing out it isn't the apocalypse, the human species isn't in danger.

uh huh and how many australia sized pieces of land would have to be on fire before you considered the human species to be in danger

Immolate 01-06-2020 03:01 AM

idk i read that some of these fires were started by pyros. apparently the majority of aus fires are started by pyros. weird ass aussies

also australia is racist as fuck. i only feel bad for the koalas

Exis 01-06-2020 05:50 AM

Half of the koala population perished on Kangaroo Island, so approximately 25,000 were lost...

Immolate 01-06-2020 06:12 AM

damn. that sucks

uh-oh 01-06-2020 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boof (Post 751911)
uh huh and how many australia sized pieces of land would have to be on fire before you considered the human species to be in danger

the amount that would actually endanger the human species?

is this a trick question? lol

saying these fires endanger the human species is the equivalent to saying a stubbed toe is endangering your life.

DMS 01-06-2020 07:42 AM

Almost as fire as me Ngl

Blue Bayou 01-06-2020 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uh-oh (Post 751918)
the amount that would actually endanger the human species?

is this a trick question? lol

saying these fires endanger the human species is the equivalent to saying a stubbed toe is endangering your life.

James I'm sure boofs stance is not that the Australia incident itself is a threat to humankind...you must be trolling

It's but one example, and all these recent events are just the beginning if drastic behavioral, corrective, and legislative measures aren't taken immediately

uh-oh 01-06-2020 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Bayou (Post 751945)
James I'm sure boofs stance is not that the Australia incident itself is a threat to humankind...you must be trolling

It's but one example, and all these recent events are just the beginning if drastic behavioral, corrective, and legislative measures aren't taken immediately

That is where you are incorrect. It's happening regardless. As humans we have sped up the process by CONTRIBUTING to it. The only thing that can be done is to maybe delay it some. But it's a car on a hill, there are no brakes, our choices are to keep gassing it and see what's at the bottom, or completely change everything and let off the gas and let it roll to the bottom on it's own

Destroyer 01-06-2020 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uh-oh (Post 751946)
That is where you are incorrect. It's happening regardless. As humans we have sped up the process by CONTRIBUTING to it. The only thing that can be done is to maybe delay it some. But it's a car on a hill, there are no brakes, our choices are to keep gassing it and see what's at the bottom, or completely change everything and let off the gas and let it roll to the bottom on it's own

Nah, we can climb back up the hill
Not the best metaphor but what I’m saying is we can scrub carbon from the atmosphere in large enough amounts to matter. We have the technology. We can re-glacier the ocean too. We have the technology. What we lack is the infrastructure.

Dominate 01-06-2020 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue Bayou (Post 751908)

I’m good bro. Thanks for your concern.

It’s pretty fucked up here though. My house is 100+km from the fires but the smoke is so bad at times that I can barely make out my neighbor’s house across the road. In the city where I work, even further from the fires, everybody is wearing a mask outside and being warned not to exercise outside because of the extremely poor air quality... crazy. I really wouldn’t want to be an asthmatic rn.

I take uh-ohs point that climate change isn’t a threat to the human species, as in ofc it’s not going to wipe us out, but it most certainly is a threat to the life and livelihood of a significant number of people around the globe and idk why it’s controversial to say that’s something we should try to prevent.

uh-oh 01-06-2020 05:57 PM

It's not at all. It's just not something we can prevent, just delay.

On paper if the entire world got together and stopped all carbon emissions and went completely solar/wind whatever and we set up carbon capturing building filter things (and or just I dunno planted TREES) we might be able to stave it off and regulate it.

India will never do that, they are booming under their own industrial revolution. China would never do it. Tons of third world countries on the come up can't do that.

So all these first world countries pretending they can stop it are doing nothing but hamstringing their own production and output in the Hope's of delaying it. But there is no point. The climate is changing, it will not make the world uninhabitable but places will be different, ocean levels will rise etc.

Just look at Egypt. It used to be tropical like 13k years ago and is now a desert. Off the coast entire cities are underwater that were booming thousands of years ago and forgotten

We as humans will move and adapt. Let's get this fucking money

Dominate 01-06-2020 06:05 PM

I agree that we’re most likely not going to prevent it.

I strongly disagree that there’s no point in delaying it. Time to adjust is crucial.

Immolate 01-06-2020 07:10 PM

you shoulda stayed in madison. california done turned u full liberal. u never go full liberal.

Witty 01-06-2020 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dominate (Post 751968)
I agree that we’re most likely not going to prevent it.

I strongly disagree that there’s no point in delaying it. Time to adjust is crucial.

Stay safe bro.