View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #3
namix
been that, done there.

Battle Record: 2-1

Accomplishments
- OM HOF

namix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant futurenamix has a brilliant future

Dope - since you broke down Utmost, I covered off on Anonymous and Jah Homie too... I will get to Utmost's as well, just wanted everyone to have something to think about first - and my breakdowns are getting extremely time consuming.

Here are my takeaways so far:

The common themes I'm seeing are (examples to come in next post):
1. Conceptual Expansion
- opportunity to take a 'good idea' and make it great by further incorporating details, or very specific concepts, pertinent to the original concept.

2. Wordplay Integrity
- opportunity to better incorporate wordplay into a punchline without it seeming as forced or contrived, maintaining the original 'wordplay' as close to its original form as possible.

3. Setup Effectiveness
- opportunity to better establish context regarding the ultimate punch to come, utilize the setup as a powerful means to take your audience on a journey leading right up to the punch. Even if someone didnt get a personal, for example, you can use the setup to provide enough context that they 'get it without needing to get it'.