View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #57
Untold

Battle Record: 10-7

Untold Untold Untold Untold Untold Untold Untold Untold Untold Untold Untold

@oats no prob. real talk, this was something my body had to get used to as well. at first, i couldn't take a shit properly. like i got all "corked" up and felt bloated all the time. but after the first week, my body started getting used to things and regulating. it was like finding an equilibrium. at like a week and a half, my body felt normal. i did get cravings for sugars and starches, but i found nuts(almonds, cashews and pistachios), fruits(pretty much anything) and random vegetable chips to feed that need. eventually it all just went away.

in all honesty, the only thing i wasn't able to stop drinking was COFFEE. i gave up all alcohols and drugs years ago, so that wasn't hard and i don't smoke cigarettes. but caffein was my DOC for the time and i would still use organic sugar IF i decided to sweeten my coffee and also used a coconut milk creamer(not completely pale friendly) when i wanted to cream my coffee. also, dark chocolate. try to find the darkest chocolate you can and eat it as a snack from time to time. or you can make your own snack bars. there was a recipe i loved and it was to make Paleo chocolate chip & bacon cookies. i used almond flower and dark chocolate chips, pure maple syrup(or honey, your preference and recipe) and that shit was BOMB.

i'll tell you this, by the end of it, i looked great, had loads of energy and seemed more focused in life. i've since done a retarded version of the Paleo diet(like one week on, 3 weeks off lol) and still do a little exercise. but when i finished, i didn't even work out. all i did was run and i was the most ripped i had been in years. i didn't have a huge gain in muscle mass, but everything i ate burned into muscle and my body fat was more non-existent than it is right now. but i agree with @Neighbor in modifying your diet to fit you once you do the Paleo diet for a month or longer. it's hard for me not to consider putting certain breads or starches in my body. i think we've advanced ourselves in food enough to where some of this stuff is actually beneficial to our diets.

just my 2 cents though. i really don't know anything :/