Old 03-17-2014, 12:50 AM   #13
Frank

Champed
- NWL Season 2
- Art of Writing League (5x)
- Lime Green Poetry Association
- AOWL Season 6
- AOWL Season 10

Frank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant futureFrank has a brilliant future

Adonis

I inspired this piece to the 10th power. The uncanny similarities to an old piece of mine were pretty apparent. The unsuspecting reader may not notice the obvious influence but I take credit for the blueprint before us.

It appears to me you may have wrote with a few themes/concepts in mind. On the front lines, the London theme seemed to be prominent so it boggled me ever so slightly when the story indeed was a play on drums in the head. I think the drums in the head could explain the flows bounce, but ultimately fails to translate the context in a fathomable ideal way in which I am accustomed to voting for. I enjoy this tempo / cadence of yours though. It's Haiku like poetic style of rhyme scheming ignores perfect placement of patterns and relies on this pulse measures. A distinct stress and emphasis placed on rhythm. I would've preferred if the piece tackled the london topic. But I am partially flattered, nonetheless.

Vulgar

This was a myth like write up. I thought you wrote rather coherently, which is ironic with it being a stoner saga and all. But ironic even more so because that is your notorious weak point. I was whisked along on a carpet ride and caught a decent buzz off this. I wasn't sure what 'drought' meant in the last line but I switched it with the word 'drag' and it made more sense. This could be one of your signature pieces. It was high on the enjoyment level for me.

Vote to Vulgar. Good battle. Thanks for the read.