Old 07-17-2014, 06:57 PM   #162
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
@uh-oh

you know the step sequencer? u can make it longer. will ther ever be a reason to do that?
absolutely

i make most my beats in 4 bar sections, the default is 1 bar. you basically in the top left, click and scroll up to "16"

that makes the step sequencer 16 beats in length

4 beats = 1 bar

16 beats = 4 bars

i do it like this because i can make a whole 1/4 of the verse basically, or half a hook, with one pattern. instead of 4 individual patterns

but yea its all basic math

4 beats = 1 bar

8 beats = 2 bars

16 beats = 4 bars

shit man i promise i'll make a more in depth vid. i'll drop something 2 hours long if i have to and cover the majority of everything

then when you got a question i can point you to a specific time in the video too if needed

im gonna use sound forge as well in the vid, i cant chop in FL like i like to where i can save all the chops i take individually as wavs in an outside folder

but yea word