View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 12:51 AM   #32
Zen
Arm the Homeless

Battle Record: 22-24

Champed
- Art of Writing League

Zen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant futureZen has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbornBuddha View Post
Right or wrong both miss the mark. Not right or wrong misses the mark too. And I employ Buddhist terminology but I'm not a Buddhist. To brand oneself and categorize oneself is already to step away from that which is without name. The mystical unnameless is the same for all, no matter the religion. So to me Buddhism is irrelevent.
But you haven't studied well, I can tell by your notions of such a relative thing called enlightenment, and the way you present your understanding.
I can tell you weren't a very studious Buddhist because when the Buddha speaks of mind he is not speaking of the mind that thinks. He was speaking of the mind, the supreme self, which is not an entity yet an awareness that pervades all, and transcends all turbid, and pure, all spiritual, and wordly.
Christian mystics and saints, Sikhs, Muslim Sufis, Hindu mystics, Buddhists mahasiddhas and reishis describe it as undescribable, wordless yet it is the one that spontaneously hears, sees, speaks, smells all without the rising of a single thought. Good is done effortlessly. Though in truth, there is no good in this uncreated awareness.
And it is truly wordless even the Buddha could not describe it, and yet this Buddha mind, God Mind, the Dao, Allah whatever you call it moves those very fingers you are typing this message with. It animates your vessel.
As for your statement of being misguided you state this because you have a preconception of what certain people with certain beliefs should act, "non buddhist tone" I'm sure you have heard of Ksitigarbha the saint that went to hell to save others. Hell to him was not hell, it became a paradise. Have you also heard of Nagarjuna who debated countless of others in theological debates, not for the sake of proving himself right, but to speak of that which has no view because no attribute can fully elucidate it.
You still live in the world of misguidedness and of righteousness, of enlightenment, and of delusion. Take away both notions, all notions and views, and it appears right before your very eyes, no need to follow rules. Rules, commandments and precepts are made for those who do evil. Commit no more evil, and there's no need to follow any more rules.
As for Zen it means to be neither impartial or partial, partial yet impartial, impartial yet partial, and both impartial and partial. To contain the whole universe in your heart, yet not hold on to anything. To know and sit in one's true nature.
For someone who claims to know nothing, you act like you know more.
Zen is offline   Reply With Quote