View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 12:21 PM   #70
Blanco Bishop

Battle Record: 11-20

Blanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant futureBlanco Bishop has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by uh-oh View Post
word i mean, my only problem with the modern world is NUKES

its next to impossible to say who the next great will be. i also don't understand how alot of the moving parts of modern militaries would play into effect. like would america's extreme naval superiority matter that much if russia launched TWO HUNDRED nukes at strategic positions in america?

i dont get it.

like back in the day you can clearly see why the conquerers conquered. it was always a military technology that made them superior. at the time of alexander macedon wasnt shit yo. just another greek city/state/kingdom, i mean his pops reformed the military but they didnt have the riches and shit of persia. but the persians weren't ready for them dudes in the phalanx with crazy long spears. it was literally like braveheart 1000+ years before it, except they weren't filthy scottish savages, they were professional disciplined soldiers who fought in phalanxes not just a shield wall, they could rebuff a cavalry charge 360 degrees around them yadig. by the time they conquered through turkey and into the middle east they encountered more and more cavalry types who died on there spears

the long spear and the phalanx won for alexander. combined with military genius and putting them in position to win of course.

when caesar conquered gaul, they had the illest military of the time. it wasnt technology as much as an actual weapon, tho they did have crazy scorpions, the roman ballistas and such, and they were more advanced field engineers who could build battlefield fortifications, basically the gauls contrary to belief were better equipped as far as metal goes, but the romans were a better more disciplined fighting force with just all around better tactics and strategies and how to deploy those, because they honed those techniques killing carthage, killing iberians in spain, fighting parthians in the middle east, all in the same periods, all of that knowledge converged into the conquest of gaul

now the germans tho, held off rome simply because rome wasnt BOUT THAT LIFE as far as terrain. they fought in the desert. they fought in the rolling plains, they fought in forests as well, but nothing like germania, where a thick forest thats basically a cold JUNGLE is, and where there are swamps and bogs and terrain unfamiliar where they couldnt deploy those tactics, so the germans could just run from the might of there army, knowing where the solid paths are while the romans trudged along like wtf where are we

basically my point before i typed a novel of nonsense, is every victor throughout ancient history and even more modern history had superiority in some facet, maybe americas naval superiority is enough to win the day, but nukes pretty much throw a wrench into everything

our navy might stop an actual ground assault on america, but they could nuke our people ruthlessly until we were forced to sue for peace. if they could nuke us, i dont know how our defenses are in place to stop that sort of thing

but either way i dont get the modern world

bury everything except swords shields spears bows and horses. lets get itttttt

America has a stranglehold because we have literally hundreds of military posts all over the world.
N maybe..if or when nukes come in to play...that just might b the end of the line.
Blanco Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote