Old 03-31-2018, 12:50 PM   #15
uh-oh
DA GOD

Battle Record: 1-0

Champed
- Beat Battle II
- Beat Battle V
- Beat Bags

uh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant futureuh-oh has a brilliant future

im listening to samples and didn't read any of this thread

but if its any consolation your audio is at the same level as your text

you just don't take it serious enough. like you see me as a good beatmaker. but its easy in the sense im a BEATMAKER. people label me a PRODUCER. but the difference is im not producing SONGS

when you're doing "audio" your essentially writing songs to beats you like and producing songs yourself.

like when i make beats its the equivalent to just coming up with an idea. like if it was text its the equivalent to writing a piece. with rapping its like writing verses.

but when you're making TRACKS. your doing alot more. you're coming up with the concept of the song based off the beat, your writing verses in line with the topic, and you're coming up with the hook, on top of that you're peppering in adlibs, deciding when to let the beat breathe, taking breaths and pauses and basically composing a finished product

when i say you ain't taking it serious its the same way im not taking it serious.

i make a simple intro a simple verse pattern and a simple hook pattern. i loop and arrange it up and hit export

when you make a track you write some verses over the verse patterns, quick hook, and whatever and throw it out

you gotta really GO IN. thats my main gripe with text turned audio guys. you all can write a sick verse. some can even sound dope rhyming it with the beat. but you ain't really making a polished finished track

when you get an inexperienced with text guy who raps, there entire mindset is different. its about how they SOUND. they're writing to SOUND dope within the beat first and foremost. with text its about what you WRITE. and you try to make it sound good after the fact.

its super difficult to be great at any musical endeavor

whether your a guitarist and you can play scales and chords and etc. so can 300 million other people in the world. why can you only name 10 of them maybe? pianists/composers/drummers/whatever

there are literally millions of them in each path, but the greats can seperate themselves from having the knowledge to using it to stand out.

we all know simple mathematics but we all ain't astro physicists

its why its better to work with inexperienced people. im sure in whatever fields of work you've been in. you've been in situations where there is a job opening and the company wants to hire someone with no experience over someone with experience. the person with experience would have to discard his knowledge and experience and learn an entire new way of doing things. the adage you cant teach an old dog new tricks is real. its much easier to teach a puppy/someone who knows nothing something than to break down someones habits and get them to discard them.

none of this is probably relevant