View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #13
Red glare

Battle Record: 7-9

Red glare Red glare Red glare Red glare Red glare Red glare Red glare Red glare Red glare Red glare Red glare

Topic: Evil is better than nothing.

witty - sound verse. enjoyed the subtle style you wrote this is in. with lines trailing..... almost a dry sense of humor throughout this verse. the flow was tight and the direction was sadistic, I thought this was really good generic writing. simple words but you connected them in intricate ways. that under the breath/love her to death segment was killer. evils is better than nothing / a dead friend is better than no friend / I saw the connection. well done.

dead man - smorgasbord of devices/references and a really machine gun like flow to back it all up. the pace was very engaging and the contrast of the agendas gave the verse a very rebellious tone. the machine gun flow and the scattering thoughts created a very jarring verse indeed, worthy of weaponry praise

overall - this was a cool battle, and distinct clash in styles. dead man came from a rant perspective and witty came from a story line background. i personally enjoyed both verses but have to vote for wittyfor a more sound use of the topic assigned, where dead-man I feel was more open for interpretation; I am one who can interpret a hundred different ways and appreciate the straight forward approach.

vote - witty