Dominate
Tread Lightly.

Battle Record: 26-9

Champed
- Netcees Battle League
- Battle Arena
- Tag Team Tournament III
- Tag Tournament: "Omicron Variant"

Dominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant futureDominate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer View Post
If you got anything specific def let me know. I definitely feel like I need to change my approach and do some things different next battle but haven’t really figured out what exactly apart from slowing it down. The lisp shit is something I have to work around, so I’ve considered going more comedic but I do feel like being able to use aggression and bark on people is an asset. I’ve considered aggressively joking and/or just REEALLY slowing down my rounds and letting punches marinate. There’s a dude named madface who kinda raps like that and pulls it off fairly well. but it runs the risk of people not reacting followed by long awkward pauses
This is basically what I had in mind - I wondered if it was a deliberate choice to not give your punchlines more breathing space since you’ve done comedy and obviously know how to deliver a line in that format. I hear what you’re saying about not getting the reaction and potential awkward pauses but, again, your material is as good as it gets - I think the risk/benefit ratio is pretty low for you. Especially if you’re gonna use bars that you’ve already trialed in text battles and know are sick like the TSA and Cogsworth ones. You don’t necessarily need to slow everything down - just the parts that have wordplay so people have time to digest it - and pause for a beat after the punchline to let it hit before starting up the next one. Consider also - you ARE getting the reaction from the crowd, but at the moment it’s often coming when you’re already midway into your next bar causing you to have to stop-start which can’t be fun for you.

In terms of the aggression/bark, I think that’s probably more of a subjective thing and bottom line you should just do what feels right for you with that, but for me personally I preferred how you rapped the tag tourney verses in that mag - a bit of a bark in parts, depending on the material, but not so constant. It probably works best with attack/gun bars, less so when you’re just clowning on your opponent. I don’t really notice the lisp in either form of delivery tbh. It’s there, but it’s not like… distracting or anything.

Already looking forward to seeing the next one.

Last edited by Dominate; 05-04-2022 at 07:00 AM.
Dominate is offline   Reply With Quote