View Single Post
Old 02-18-2023, 11:35 AM   #6
symetrik

Battle Record: 5-7

symetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant futuresymetrik has a brilliant future

Soule:

It starts off straight forward story, I thought I was just gonna be reading slice of mellow/mundane life, etc. - good twist, was unexpected. I have a gripe though, it seems like the clerk saw the man coming and told the boy to hurry home as a way to get him out of harm's way, so the second smirk seems really offputting.

other than that, strong flow, strong story, strong twist and a good connection abstractly to the topic.

Diablo:
as usual, good flow/multis. I wasn't a huge fan to start with, but upon rereading it grew on me. good take on the topic AND bringing in something important to the world.

Vote: Diablo
although I did like the twist and the smooth flow of Soule's piece, the second smirk was enough to make me pay more attention to his opponent. I also lean towards more current events/important topics, so this was purely pulling out preferences to decide the vote.